Houzz Pro

Business management software for contractors and architects

4,2
4,1
4,3
Bryan P.
Company size: Self Employed

Best Software for Custom Home Builders/Architects/Designers....

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Love it. I enjoy being a part of the development of what is actually needed for Pros... really feel heard. Love the new stuff that is coming up this fall. You are already working on ACH payments, POs, signatures on documents I upload, etc etc.... Really appreciate not having to manage ads on google, LOVE that it's the main part of marketing. I researched a lot of softwares prior to choosing Houzz, but you are coming out with things that allow me to use you guys exclusively. I also love supporting an Israeli company...

Pros

How much is included for the price! The Houzz team does so much on the back side to make my business find-able, and makes me look good in the customers eyes... as well as educate homeowners before I ever talk to them so that my job is easier. They also send me quality leads, vs sorting through mountains of leads to get to one that is ready to move forward.

Cons

I am not able to customize the business website myself... aka have my graphic designer customize it for content and SEO. The one thing that would be nice is to have a section in the CRM for contractors/sub contractors.

Vanessa H.
Industry: Furniture

Centralizing our systems

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

I am still new to houzz pro as I was one of the original ivy uses before it grew into a larger program. We are still learning all the new features and had no idea there really was so much here!

Pros

The invoicing tool is hands down the most utilized because our clients NEED pictures, truly. One might think they ordered a bronze faucet and forget they changed and approved a matte black one-this happens alot with clients as they have alot of changes in their home, or they are moving, etc. The clarity we offer this way is a huge help to clients as they are on the go and might not have all of the boards/files we gave them. They can pull up their dashboard on their phone, or their ipad.

Cons

We do not sync with quickbooks as we actually found it faster for us not to integrate. Appreciate having the option to choose, though.

Vanessa C.

Houzz Pro Review

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/11/19

I am a huge Houzz supporter and regular user of the platform so I hope that this evolves to be a more affordable and user friendly application.

Pros

I love the concept and one stop shopping aspect of the platform. Love the ability to clip product, build a library, create floor plans and mood boards. Would theoretically love the invoicing and tracking but my client didn't receive my invoice that I generated from the platform so not sure what happened there. Would also love the website aspect aspect if affordable.

Cons

My first critique is in the pricing where I was over quoted a price and later saw on the website a much much less expensive price so I was pretty shocked at the approach that was taken during my introductory interview on the pricing. I was quoted $109/mo and saw other pricing packages for much less even though I made it clear I wanted only the basic features. I also encountered glitches in the measuring tool, at that time no paint colors were available in floor plans and the test invoice I tried sending from the platform was never received by my client. So for $109/mo, it was definitely not worth it.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Heidi C.
Industry: Design

STAY AWAY FROM HOUZZ PRO!!!

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I feel we have been fleeced. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] sold us with false promises and a description of the services that did not match reality. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our account manager was just rude and condescending when we asked to revise our services. I am still trying to change to a simpler package but have gotten no response from these people.

Pros

We signed up for the Ultimate package and support from Houzz Pro in June after Senior Strategic Account Executive [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] sold us on the flexibility of the services and ability to reduce or increase the level of product provided. Over the last 5 months we have been disappointed with the potential clients the site attracts and the amount of time we spend managing the site. When we called last month to reduce services our Houzz Pro account manager was not familiar with our agreement, was rude and unprofessional toward my Associate. I complained two and half weeks ago in writing and have not heard back from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. This is a marketing scam- they pressure businesses into purchasing useless marketing tools. STAY AWAY! This is paid advertising

Cons

This software did not attract appropriate clients or projects and has been time consuming on our end to manage the results. Houzz Pro staff have ignored us now that we want to reduce services- or at least eliminate superfluous  products. This service is a rip off.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Cynthia M.
Industry: Design

Houzz Pro - It's a must have!!

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Pros

There are so many moving parts to running a business and having Houzz Pro supports me as a business owner to stick to what I am best at. I can track leads, follow up, and manage projects. Plus it even provides the ability to create a current looking website. For companies that have outdated sites (a real no-no in today's market), this feature alone is the only reason you need to sign up for Houzz Pro.

Cons

Admittedly I am not a fan of change, so when Houzz Pro updates things (for the better) it requires me to adjust and learn. Not bad, it just takes me a bit to get reoriented. All for the good though. They try to be very forward thinking and I like that about them so in the end, it's worth it.

Wendy G.
Industry: Design

Critical to growing my business

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

I love how IVY makes it so easy to track my orders, billing, and client project progress. Houzz Pro helps me stay in front of clients with great exposure.

Pros

I really like the exposure Houzz Pro gives me to my target audience for attracting new clients. The referrals I receive more than pay for my monthly subscription. I have found that organizations use Houzz to find me which has resulted in the award of local and statewide recognition.

Cons

Sometimes the "tagging" process using keywords to describe the contents of each photo can be cumbersome.

Carolyn R.
Industry: Design

Houzz Pro makes running my interior design firm so much easier

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Houzz Pro is helping me easily take care of presenting to, proposing to and invoicing clients that is simple to use for my office and for the clients. I have gotten paid so much faster using Houzz Pro--my accounts receivable is MUCH lower than it has been in the past.

Pros

This makes great mood boards, beautiful proposals and invoices, is super easy to use and fairly seamless to integrate with Quickbooks.

Cons

There are occasions when the QB interface goes awry but it is usually quickly fixed by customer service.

Susan W.

Houzz comes through

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

Overall I'm happy with the visibility it's promoted. Our business SEO ranking is higher and clients have easy access to our portfolio and our reviews.

Pros

When I first started with Houzz in 2009, I was so excited to share our photos and have them seen by a wide audience. I never anticipated that it would be the premier referral source to our ongoing business.

Cons

I'm not thrilled with the hiccups and speed of the software, or the pricing of the trade programs.

David B.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

A Good Client Success Manager is Critical

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Excellent since [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took over our account. It was poor before that as the previous Client Success Manager was not engaged with our firm.

Pros

The software has improved over the years and has powerful reach.

Cons

If you don't have an fully engaged Client Success Manger at Houzz, it's hard to benefit from the software.

Kay R.

Navigating Houzz

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I am very pleased with Houzz, so far. This is a new business. The support and encouragement I have received has been tremendous. I am not one to be afraid to click buttons and try to figure things out for myself, but when that approach has been less that successful, the support staff and account managers have been amazing. I am also very impressed with the tutorials and other learning opportunities available through Houzz.

Pros

I love the fact that everything relating to the management of my business can be found in one place. From receiving leads and converting them to projects, through project completion and all bookkeeping tasks, it is all in one place.

Cons

Being a designer new to Houzz, I am never quite sure if my electronic replies to leads are reaching potential clients. I will typically sent an electronic response prior to reaching out by phone. I would love some kind of notification when my replies have been received and read, even if a lead selects another designer and chooses not to respond to my communication.

Kate O.
Industry: Furniture

Long-Time Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Pros

Houzz is a wonderful tool for up-and-coming designers to establish solid systems and processes for how they work. It's a huge timesaver in the long-run, and it helps early on to navigate some of a small business's growing pains. We particularly like how it helps us track our leads and direct messages from the platform.

Cons

Because it is a comprehensive system, HouzzPro doesn't connect to other systems that an established firm might be using.

Kaylee P.

The Most Unhelpful Account Managers We've Ever Experienced

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Our account manager is incredibly unhelpful. They are unable to answer simple questions or provide documentation in writing. They demand we get onto a call for every simple issue and are incapable of doing the most basic work in a timely or efficient manner.

Pros

We occasionally get good leads through this software but even those are far and few between.

Cons

It is impossible to get a straight answer out of an account manager without being forced into a "quick call" that is a screen share of everything I can already access in our backend. They seem incapable of providing any real pricing structure or documentation of pricing and billing. It makes me wonder where my money is truly going that this is such a complicated process they don't have it readily available in writing.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Clancy W.

Positive Response From Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

HC Design previously left a review regarding problems we had with our Houzz Pro subscription However after contacting [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I was directed to Houzz Pro manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who immediately addressed and managed our issues. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was extremely accommodating and sensitive to our requests by setting us up with a more experienced client success manager and adjusted our account right away. Thank You Houzz Pro!

Pros

Houzz Pro is set up in a way that our company can view exactly how progress is growing for the account and what specifically the software has done to market your brand and services.

Cons

I believe those who use Houzz pro would benefit more if they had more control over the specific areas in which the software is marketing too. (smaller range)

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jay S.
Industry: Design

Great new site, awesome support.

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

Since upgrading to the new Pro version of my website, I've had an amazing amount of increased traffic and, as a result, more inquiries that have lead to more jobs. The support that Houzz offers is unparalleled, in my experience. I also love the way it integrates with my Houzz profile. It simplifies things immensely on my end.

Pros

I've had a website through Houzz for a number of years, and recently upgraded to the newer Pro version. I'm impressed with the increased capacity to relay more information about my business, while still retaining the ease of use on my end.

Cons

Integration was easy. I don't have any idea about how it could be improved at this point.

Alice B.

Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 2020/07/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

As far as the pro if falls short. I am currently still working with another software to keep up with scheduling, and communicating with quickbooks .

Pros

The advertising portion of houzz, which includes a website and a houzz profile

Cons

The pro software is still very new with a lot of glitches. I am likelly going to be switching out of the pro and keeping the advertising part of it

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10