Houzz Pro

Business management software for contractors and architects

Katherine H.

Houzz review

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

Marketing is the main issue that Houzz is helping with, just getting my firm's name out there and optimized on search engines, etc.

Pros

I like that it links my Houzz public page to my website making changes easier. I also feel that having good customer service help has been key.

Cons

I feel Houzz is still working out how to bring clients together with pros. So far the matching of client to pro without the client specific preference hasn't gone too well. I have noticed that many times these matches are actually spam or the potential client is not very interested in proceeding.

Monica E.

Important Product

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

We have considered Houzz Pro to be an important tool for communicating with our design clients.

Pros

Having a profile and using the project management tool for organizing our professional photography is easy to set up and maintain.

Cons

The room design and layout tool could be more user friendly but it still is a good solution for quick renderings.

Cb S.

Product Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

We do not use HOUZZ to solve business problems, but HOUZZ Pro has made business expand into areas that are outside of our referral zone. The insights and communication are great tools. Our client success manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is phenomenal. She reaches out and follows up continuously and is very responsive to any questions that we have in a very prompt and professional manner. Very pleased with her!

Pros

We believe that a photo tells a story and images say a thousand words. The HOUZZ Pro lead generation feature has worked very well in reaching outside of our referral zone expanding that organic reach. The ease of use of the product is certainly there and integration with the business model was easy. The client success manager that we are assigned is amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been extremely helpful and responsive.

Cons

Not really much to dislike about HOUZZ. We used to use Pinterest and now haven't opened that program in a couple of years since transitioning to HOUZZ Pro...we really use HOUZZ to promote more than we do FaceBook or Instagram.

Blake R.

Blakes Of Sydney - definitely worth the investment

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

Houzz Pro and its tools are invaluable to my growing business. From gaining new clients and managing the sales cycle while on the run, to the comprehensive backend analytics, Houzz is the complete platform that I trust. And to top it off, all the Houzz team and account executives are very friendly and there to help when the need arises. I recommend this platform to any business that is keen to grow and streamline its processes. It’s definitely worth the investment and I couldn’t be happier at Blakes Of Sydney as a Houzz Pro user

Pros

1. CRM leads management
2. Comprehensive backend analytics
3. Managing the sales cycle while on the run
4. Account executives are very friendly and there to help

Cons

Having flexibility to arrange projects in different orders. Viewing them in the vertically listing would be ideal in alphabetical order for me to find them quickly. The Houzz team is working on this for me :)

Matthew H.

Helpful Interface Portal

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

A great resource that can help manage opportunities.

Pros

Houzz is great for connecting me and potential clients. A great platform for me to show my services in a space where it will reach more people then a website.

Cons

I'm a small operation so sometimes the lead volume are hard to keep up with largely cause I'm trying to be selective and limited time. Having more work options then you can pursue is a good problem to have. I have not really used all the features to full advantage however as I typically try to get into direct emails with a client or phone call and do most contact beyond initial contact outside of Houzz software.

Michael B.

Remodel Handyman-

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

Leads have been great! Good ROI on investment, but Mobile app has a lot to improve on.

Pros

The real time access to customers, integrated platform with predefined templates and estimate lists.

Cons

The invoice system is garbage!! WE should be able to create a manual invoice, and or take single time payments, even after

Luther W.

Satisfied Pro

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

I am primarily using Houzz for lead management. Though I realize they offer more in regard to office management and trade purchasing, I have not transitioned from current habits and softwares.

Pros

A popular clearing house for displaying our work, attracting and managing clients.

Cons

Being directly connected to a potential client by a computer on the phone, when they have no idea who you are or why your are calling at what is usually an inconvenient time for them.

David B.

My experince

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

Very good, happy with the team at HOUZZ!!!!!

Pros

It's a great tool to suggest to our clients to collect inspiration photos and ideas. They can create idea books by room. We use it as a tool to share our projects with clients and potential clients. We obtain potential clients from the software. Works well, highly recommended.

Cons

Lots of clients are "just exploring ideas" and few are ready to move forward with a real project with a real budget. But it is improving!!!

Colleen D.

Our Houzz Pro Site Is Crucial To Our Business

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

I have above!! Exceptional!!!!!

Pros

Ease of Use. Customer Support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my representative, has made all of the difference in my experience. The site is extremely professional in appearance. Everything at your finger tips. This site is more important than my own website. Thank you for all you do Houzz!!

Cons

I have no problems with this software. The support that I have been given has been very valuable. Thank you!!

Nathan B.

Houzz

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

Over the moon happy with it

Pros

Through pro-active continual use of Houzz it has transformed my business and is my number one feeder of new clients.

Cons

I would like to have more control and knowledge of how the metrics are applied and how I can best employ my efforts to best efficiency.

Gail G.

Partially on board

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

Houzz has been good for me and my business. While I did not get much traffic at first, they helped me have a small web site and I believe that helped me to show off my work and gain clients. I have used some of the new business suite and will integrate more of these options where appropriate. Some of them create work for me because I already have these systems in place elsewhere. I like the idea of having a platform that can help manage all facets of one's business; I am not ready to change what I have in place.

Pros

I am still exploring it's range. I am somewhat technologically challenged and need to feel comfortable before I truly consider moving my work systems fully to this platform.

Cons

There is nothing that I have not liked as of present.

Cathy A.

Houzz Pro | Catnik Design Studio

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Exceptional

Pros

We started around June 2019 with Houzz and have been very well looked after by our Client Success Manager from the inception. She is exceptional! We have won many projects from Houzz and love using the app to stay on top of our leads and send templated initial messages quickly. We get small courtyard gardens to design and construct to larger front and back gardens. We love that there is such a variety. No day is the same. Thank you, Houzz. We are very grateful.

Cons

Not at this stage, we are very happy with Houzz at the moment.

Christina M.

We are very proud to be a Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

We have been Houzz profiles for years and have appreciated the leads that have been generated through them. I have really appreciated our Houzz Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] expertise and understanding of how to set up our profile to best suit our needs.

Pros

I love being able to refer customers to the platform to have them create ideabooks so that we can collaborate on their projects remotely if needed. The software provides our company with many features to tailor to our business profile allowing us to successfully project all aspects of what we can offer

Cons

No no at this time. I feel the software covers most areas needed. I would like to see more areas that separate information we could offer about our company that would be apart from finished jobs etc.

Kaylee P.

The Most Unhelpful Account Managers We've Ever Experienced

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Our account manager is incredibly unhelpful. They are unable to answer simple questions or provide documentation in writing. They demand we get onto a call for every simple issue and are incapable of doing the most basic work in a timely or efficient manner.

Pros

We occasionally get good leads through this software but even those are far and few between.

Cons

It is impossible to get a straight answer out of an account manager without being forced into a "quick call" that is a screen share of everything I can already access in our backend. They seem incapable of providing any real pricing structure or documentation of pricing and billing. It makes me wonder where my money is truly going that this is such a complicated process they don't have it readily available in writing.

Response from Houzz

Hi Kaylee-

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback in regards to your experience and I truly apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.

I understand that you have recently been in touch with your dedicated Client Success Manager and he was able to resolve your concerns.

If you still need additional assistance, please feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected]

Chloe Siegmann
Senior Manager - Client Services

Kay R.

Navigating Houzz

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I am very pleased with Houzz, so far. This is a new business. The support and encouragement I have received has been tremendous. I am not one to be afraid to click buttons and try to figure things out for myself, but when that approach has been less that successful, the support staff and account managers have been amazing. I am also very impressed with the tutorials and other learning opportunities available through Houzz.

Pros

I love the fact that everything relating to the management of my business can be found in one place. From receiving leads and converting them to projects, through project completion and all bookkeeping tasks, it is all in one place.

Cons

Being a designer new to Houzz, I am never quite sure if my electronic replies to leads are reaching potential clients. I will typically sent an electronic response prior to reaching out by phone. I would love some kind of notification when my replies have been received and read, even if a lead selects another designer and chooses not to respond to my communication.

Laurie D.

Houzz Pro Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

I am very happy with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as my contact at Houzz. He updates me very responsive and keeps me on track. Before having him assigned to me I was going to leave houzz.

Pros

The mood boards/ product /floor plans/ desire easy use

Cons

Need to have further options and a back button for floor plans

Hilary G.

Houzz Pro helps make you a Pro

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

My overall experience has been great right from the start. I love having a dedicated client success manager. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been phenomenal. He is very responsive, he's offered me wonderful tips and suggestions, and he is a pleasure to work with. I love that I am "not alone." So often you sign up for a service and then are just left on your own to navigate it - that did not happen here! I highly recommend Houzz to other design and construction professionals!

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. It is very intuitive.

Cons

I think it would be helpful if there were more key word suggestions when you tag photos.

Antoinette F.
  • Industry: Design

Good but still has a long way to go for a professional design firm

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

It has been good. We have a large firm so it's been a bit hard to get the support to onboard and properly train everyone. I need to be able to pay someone to do it and that is not offered. Training is limited. The site tends to "glitch" a lot, not save items, and has a tendency to be down and not functional for hours which is not an option for a busy firm with 10+ designers.

Pros

Ease between saving products and the ability to organize into various documents.

Cons

The documents are very rudimentary and basic. It really needs to function more like Quickbooks with the Estimating, invoices, purchase orders and have a tracking system that is a bit better for the flow in between. Room boards are a bit restricting and not set up for a professional design firm. Design boards are not advanced at all, cannot add outside items easily. Cannot show client facing presentation, very frustrating.

Response from Houzz

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate knowing how we can make our product even better. I welcome you to reach out to our team directly so we can understand a bit more about what you are looking for and we can meet your business needs.

The Houzz Team

Kate O.
  • Industry: Furniture

Long-Time Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Pros

Houzz is a wonderful tool for up-and-coming designers to establish solid systems and processes for how they work. It's a huge timesaver in the long-run, and it helps early on to navigate some of a small business's growing pains. We particularly like how it helps us track our leads and direct messages from the platform.

Cons

Because it is a comprehensive system, HouzzPro doesn't connect to other systems that an established firm might be using.

Tina S.

Houzz Pro Review

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

Our overall experience has been great! Customer support is wonderful as is the product and the price for the product.

Pros

It is very user friendly, has a lot of helpful tools, discounts are great. Customer service is wonderful. The biggest thing is that it is easy to use and an effective in reaching out to prospective clients

Cons

I can't say there is anything that I don't like about this software. It has been good for me.

Marino S.

Sunnylea Homes is extremely pleased with the service of Houzz Pro

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Very happy with Houzz Pro. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] does an excellent job help manage our account and help keep us on track in order to make our account the best it can be.

Pros

The organization it brings to the leads that are generated to the program

Cons

none, its a clean interface that helps keep track of all of our analytics regarding our leads

Jay S.
  • Industry: Design

Great new site, awesome support.

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

Since upgrading to the new Pro version of my website, I've had an amazing amount of increased traffic and, as a result, more inquiries that have lead to more jobs. The support that Houzz offers is unparalleled, in my experience. I also love the way it integrates with my Houzz profile. It simplifies things immensely on my end.

Pros

I've had a website through Houzz for a number of years, and recently upgraded to the newer Pro version. I'm impressed with the increased capacity to relay more information about my business, while still retaining the ease of use on my end.

Cons

Integration was easy. I don't have any idea about how it could be improved at this point.

Ashley H.

Affordable, Quality and Fun-Interactive

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Very well designed online platform that is reliable, fun, interactive, affordable and of high quality!

Pros

The features that I like most are of course the profile and sharing of current projects and past projects so easily. It is so easy for a customer to just go on the website and choose their designer based on their portfolio in comparison to their own needs.

Cons

Some software products that can be improved are the back office and managing the different outsourcing and insourcing software there is available. I just feel like it is a lot and easy to get lost but I am still learning the platform to say the least!

Tiffany B.

Houzz Pro helps small Business

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

Great customer service. I feel the referral program makes it worth the high cost.

Pros

I like the referral app. After taking some time away it’s really been key in rebuilding new clientelle.

Cons

Having a hard time with scheduling. Mostly it’s on my end that I just don’t have enough time to learn all of the features.

Christopher P.
  • Industry: Furniture

A happy family business with new tools in the workshop

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

Pros

The 3d modeling tool. It is a great way for us to get clients to take the next step if they are struggling with just a mood board.

Cons

The 3d modeling tool. As a company that deals with high end furniture, it is difficult to find the correct skus to use. It would be helpful if brands like Lexington Furniture, Hooker Furniture, Bernhardt and more were available.