SmartRec

Software for today's community.

Nicolas
  • Industry: Sports

Easy to use, Great user interface, common sense features, great ROI, and amazing customer...

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Great ROI, mainly from a drastic reduction in time spent taking registrations, setting up new sessions, and collecting outstanding balances from clients.

Pros

The number one feature by far is online registration, before switching to Amilia we had to manually register all our clients. The process was inefficient and took up a lot of time that as a small and new club we needed to be spending on focusing and improving our core business. With our old system we had to chase people down for money, and deal with bounced cheques and all sorts of nonsense that no one in the services community should have to deal with. The online registration worked exactly as promised, and with that came all sorts of additional features like class management and communication tools that worked incredibly well. Having all our clients be forced to pay upfront saved us literally thousands of dollars our first year alone. Admittedly we were terrible at chasing people down with outstanding balances, but we didn't get into the gymnastics club business to become a accountants/collections officers. The online tools were super straight forward, and the customer support was fantastic. Every time we had an issue or problem with the system the customer support would provide prompt responses and walk us through the mistakes we had made or give detailed explanations as to how we could better set up our sessions to avoid future problems. They would even log into our account and make the changes for us that were labor intensive due to the type of mistakes we made when learning the system. Overall switching to Amilia was the smartest business we ever made.

Cons

It is expensive... but in life I've learned you tend to get what you pay for and this system it is totally worth it.

Response from Amilia

Thanks so much for the review Nicolas - so glad to hear you are enjoying Amilia's features :)

Kellie

Smart Rec Review

Reviewed on 2023/01/31

Pros

Online registration allow registration for families from the comfort of their home at any time of day There is no waiting in lines to register for activities. Automated Payment Processing means each month there is minimal administrative work to complete as everything is processed and completed. Multi-passes allow purchases of "class packs" which helps facilitate our tumbling program.

Cons

The "store" where we house our pro-shop is not well equipped and has not had updates in years. Split family accounts is a huge headache for us.

iClassPro

Amilia

Reviewed on 2021/05/18

Overall it is ok

Overall it is ok

Pros

The activities are easy to set up.
Clients are easy to put in

Cons

Reports- I would like more detailed reports- It would be nice to pull a report on multipass use- date and time
How it lags- it is super slow at times

Reasons for Choosing SmartRec

We were looking for a better system

RecTrac

Reasons for Switching to SmartRec

It seemed to work best for us...
Dean

Amilia Review and suggestions

Reviewed on 2021/10/21

Overall, I'd say Amilia has worked for me for my position. I know for some of my supervisors there seems to be a lot of features that could be improved regarding scheduling and programming. Amilia has appeared to be receptive to feedback and have continued to try to improve their product, which is good to see.

I hope that the product continues to get better and better.

Pros

I do appreciate that Amilia is pretty straight forward in its implementation. Most features do what they say they do. While there are some kinks still to be ironed out, the customer service has been pretty responsive with any problems we run into.

It's great seeing Amilia continually improve and take feedback.

Cons

While Amilia can be straightforward, it's not particularly streamlined. There's a lot of quality of life updates that I would like to see implemented to help us help our customers better.

1. The Client Billing and Purchases Tabs
- These tabs, while functionally they work fine, are a hassle to navigate for members that have lots of purchases and cancellations. Filters can help, but with classes that all have the same name, it's difficult.
- The item descriptions could be more visible in the folded state rather than just purchases/cancellations.
- Discounts and other adjustments clutter the view in large multi-item purchases. E.g. A person that registered for classes for the whole month will have a full page of discounts/classes to parse, which makes cancelling a hassle.
- I'm not sure if this is how my organization has set it up or Amilia, but there's a lot of extra qualifiers to names for things can be minimized to make it easier to read. Stripping some of the qualifiers (like the category it's found in, location, etc.) could make it much easier to read.
2. Account Members
- Adding multiple people at once on one account could be more streamlined. As it is right now is fine, although having to wait for submission/saving in between each person can slow down the process quite a bit.
- Archiving people does not appear to prevent things applying to that account. Sometimes patrons can still even see the archived person (in the italicized state).

Response from Amilia

Thanks so much for your thorough review Dean! We will take this feedback to the product team.

Jessica
  • Industry: Sports

Airborne LOVES Amilia. It is so unbelievably easy to use as both an administrator and customer.

Reviewed on 2017/05/26

Again, so much! We moved from another registration system last June and Amilia is beyond amazing. Amilia is extremely user friendly, especially as an administrator. Inputting and creating classes/activities is so quick and easy. Two of us worked at the same time and created our entire Spring Session in under two hours. It has saved us tons of hours worth of work.

It's also easy for our customers to use. We have put all of our competitions, uniforms, tickets for events all on Amilia. Customers are notified and they can easily go on and purchase without help from us.

It's really neat how much we can personalize our store too. Not just with colours but pictures, fonts, layout, AND I love that you can move activities around to the order can change AFTER finalizing the program.

Airborne loves Amilia.

Pros

So much. It is SO easy to use. I have worked at numerous companies with different online registration processes and Amilia is by far the most user friendly. It does everything we need it to do and so much more (but not so much that's confusing either). I enjoy that I can design attendance sheets to exactly what coaches need to know, customers are easy to look up by either parent or athlete name, their personal and payment information is right there. It's easy to export financials and reports into excel or as a PDF, being non-profit and passing this information onto a volunteer treasurer, ease of accessing that info is important. Creating & adding activities is also easy, I just added August birthday parties in 5 mins.
We have also had a lot less complaints or questions from customers regarding our this system registration. They find it simple & easy to access, especially during tax season this year.
I think my favourite part is that I can also view the store front as both an administrator or a customer. If I am unsure of font, pictures, anything I can very quickly pop onto the store front to see what the customers see.
Oh! Small thing, but I also appreciate the "Home" page after logging in. I love to see what classes have been registered for in the past 24 hrs, which months have been our busiest, to see customer visitation as soon as I log in. Not only does Amilia do that tracking for us, but it's easily visible.
Customer service and support has been AMAZING.

Cons

I do find a little on the pricey side. As a smaller-ish non-profit that's a big factor. It's not just Amilia but also adding in Netbanx fees. However, we just adjusted our fees to accommodate. As a positive, customers aren't constantly asking "why do I have to pay this processing fee."

I also find going between Amilia and Netbanx a little confusing. Sometimes dates or deposit amounts don't quite line up so it takes a little bit of digging and math to make sure transactions are being book keeped on our end properly. But, it really is a small issue.

It's hard to give a "least" when every time I have a problem, I relay it onto customer support and my issue is addressed within 24 hours. Even questions about Netbanx, Customer rep walked me through everything. Rep rocks ;)

Response from Amilia

Amilia loves Airborne back! Thanks for your review Jessica :)

Bailey
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great but needs more functionality

Reviewed on 2021/10/12

Pros

How responsive Amilia staff are to feedback and bug fixes. Some minor issues were solved in under an hour. Planning and scheduling also work great, although not fully utilized for our facility.

Cons

We have had lots of issues rolling out this software for widespread use at our facility, many of the issues are very minor but they have yet to be fixed. The software lacks features that we have submitted many requests for them to add but heard nothing back. Sometimes when I submit bugs my response is "that is intended behaviour" when in fact the "intended" behaviour is the website crashing or giving customers extremely high discounts.

Ryan
  • Industry: Government Administration

A great option for your Parks & Recreation software needs!

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

SmartRec has been an amazing investment for our organizations. The platform enables customers to perform most functions on their own, anywhere with an internet connection. The robust features and reporting capabilities have helped our organization better understand our clients to offer programs and services that are highly desired. The customer support and account team are incredible. Any issues we've encountered have been resolved almost immediately. I would definitely recommend using SmartRec over some of the other "big players" that have typically dominated the parks and recreation software world.

Pros

Amilia's user and administrator interfaces are extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. The software has many amazing features to streamline all your operations into one software. The customer service is top-notch, and the company is always working on making improvements and enhancements to the platform!

Cons

Coming from a system that was nearly 20 years old, the initial implementation process was challenging for some users, but that is to be expected with learning any new software.

David

Lindenhurst Park District - SmartRec Registration Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Mine and staff's overall experience has been wonderful and challenging, in a good way. As previously mentioned, because the software is innovative and new, we are learning just like Amilia is learning and the benefits from this will end up being very beneficial for everyone. I really think the future of registration software is here. Our customers absolutely love it!

Pros

The biggest reason we made the switch to this software was for our customers and it was absolutely the right decision, I would say over 95% of our users love it. The accessibility, ease of use, a new but smarter way to register. The customer service has been excellent, I would definitely say one of the companies strong points, both customer service, training and onboarding has been stellar. At first, administratively, staff were concerned and navigating all the changes. However, we were trying to have SmartRec behave like our old software but we have realized that we need to also adapt and it has made us think differently and will make us more efficient in the long run.

Cons

Since this software is newer to municipalities and special districts, they are and will continue to adapt to what their clients are asking for. I believe they care about their product and are doing a great job at addressing any minor issues that come up.

Timmie
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Amilia is great

Reviewed on 2021/11/16

Pros

The launching process, and using it on my end is pretty easy once you get to know your way around the system.

Cons

The account code reporting for registrations received is complicated and hard to run/find. The customer side is very difficult the very first time. Once a customer creates an account than it seems to be much easier for them.

Response from Amilia

Thanks so much for your review Timmie! We're happy to hear you appreciated the launching process and will take your other feedback to the product team.

• Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great support with average software functions

Reviewed on 2021/10/13

Installments and discounts are easily created to apply to multiple activities/families.

Pros

Installment payments
Duplication of programs/activities season to season
Mass edit
Connectivity to Constant Contact
Data and functionality for staff maintenance

Cons

Invoices for corporate accounts are terrible (no editable, not credits or additional fees)
Students from corporate accounts are difficult to registration from an account level (not family-enrolled)

Camp & Class Manager

administration and contract issues
Arisa

Good software

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

We joined Amilia when it was in its earlier years, when the customer service was more personal.
Now...

Now fast forward a few years later, with successful growth, and the customer service is not as it used to be.
Also, amidst the current global pandemic of March 2020, we did not feel like they were empathetic to their main customer base's realities.
Overall, the product is fine, with space to grow, but the customer service needs to step back to its roots.

Pros

We appreciate the website integration, and ongoing added features that help us better operate.

Cons

We are having a hard time with the bookkeeping aspect of it; having to go on another platform to check deposits, and not being able to automatically reconcile operations so we still have to do it by hand in 2020.
Our customers are also having a hard time with the ease of use of the interface; we have gotten many calls that some were unable to register due to photo file restriction and other issues.

Caitlen
  • Industry: Sports

Just what we were looking for!

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

One of the biggest benefits of using Amilia is the different tabs. There are times we will sit in a meeting and someone will say I saw this option on [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I think that would work great for us. So Amilia has helped streamline what we already did and jump started us into new services to provide our customers.

Pros

This product really helped us take the next step with our customers. The experience for them and us was way better than when we used other forms or software.

Cons

For an activity, parents have to sign their kids in/out on paper. The form that is given to help print out that sheet isn't what we need for our purposes and the options to change it don't quite suit what we are looking for.

Sheryl

Amilia a timesaving program

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

We have been using Amilia for a few years for our 3 day camps and the experience has been very rewarding. The program has helped us to be more efficient on registration days and given us much more flexibility in how we can do registrations. We now offer phone support to our clients to help them register from home. The program is easy to learn and we now have 3 of our office staff who can handle our registrations, process new relevés 24 and take care of payments/refunds. The installments have been a lifesaver for many families who are struggling financially. We have spread payments out over a four month period. The webinars and live support are great! The techs are very quick with the responses/solutions. Amilia is a company that listens to their clients and makes major changes accordingly. Bravo for the good work.

Pros

The reporting options are fantastic. The fact that were have the option of producing documents in both languages is great.

Cons

The bank depositing system makes it very difficult to account for individual program payments. The monies are transferred to the bank every few days but the deposits never seem to match up with the sales for that time period. On a monthly basis it is fine or if it was only one program to report. When we try to break down the payments by program when deposited it doesn't add up. We have no choice but to do the accounting on a monthly basis which is challenging during day camp season. (we have 3 camps)

Sidney
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Basic Software, Missing Key Features

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Amilia has been very troublesome for our organization. The help team is great but often the program simply doesn’t have the capability to fix the issues we’re facing.

Pros

The software covers many aspects of our business including members, programs and merchandise.

Cons

The program is missing many key functions, such as ability to schedule flexible camps, assign varying membership levels and the reporting is very limiting and difficult for our bookkeeper.

Julie
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

Exceptional product, user friendly, fantastic tech support

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

SmartRec is easy to use. As a higher education faculty member, I was searching for a way to introduce parks and recreation software in the classroom. SmartRec was just the tool that I was looking for. Students need to be exposed to current technology that is utilized for managing staff, programs, facilities and customers. SmartRec tech support was amazing. They helped the students understand how to use the software, explore its many functions and interact with the many features and options that are available. Students really enjoy working within the activities, facilities, staffing, registration, and merchandise modules. SmartRec helped me create a meaningful experience for my college students that will be working with similar cloud base recreation software as they begin their professional careers in parks and recreation. The next classroom project using SmartRec will expose students in our budgeting class to cost recovery modules.

Cons

Not sure if there is anything that I have not liked about the software. I am a different type of user, being from an academic setting. I have received positive feedback from students about the flexibility of the software and that many of the features are intuitive.

Keri

Amilia Works

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Pros

Set up and transition in to Amilia was good - they are helpful and always available over the phone for help when you need it. I own a cheerleading gym and the product is so customizable which is exactly what I was looking for. My clients can go through the Amilia portal and select which class and time they want to register for - they know how long it lasts and can even set up a payment plan without me touching the registration.

Cons

Financial integration is not great - I wish there was a more seamless way to see your batches of bank deposits. It is also quite expensive.

Lena

So thankful to have found this software!

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Pros

This software is super easy to use & operates in an intuitive way. My team was proficient in pretty much all areas of the system in less than a week. The interface is clean and easy to set up. Reports are great and allow for flexibility in how to request the information. Payment processing is easy and accounts are simple to follow. Love! Love! Love! Software usage is affordable and it offers a great value to my company.

Cons

The checkout process has been a little unclear for some of our clients - although it's probably only been less than 5% of those that are registering that are having issues. A little more control or simplification here could be nice. A few of the financial reports could use the ability to drill down a little further into the numbers. Anything that we have asked for through Support has been addressed and I expect future modifications will fix anything that I've come up with. It would be nice to be able to customize email content without the use of HTML.

Kyle

Best Online Registration product available...and continually getting better!

Reviewed on 2015/10/15

After an extensive search and intense "free trial" period with various options, we decided that Amilia was the right fit for us to manage our online registration, merchandise sales and customer database for our gymnastics facility and we are thrilled with the results thus far!

From the get go, the support team guided us through the set-up and made sure we were ready for our first registration period. They went above and beyond to ensure we understood the back end of the system and that all of our current customers were transferred over from our former system. Change is always hard, but they made it as painless as possible.

Amilia is easy to use and has saved us valuable time. Our team actually stared at each other in disbelief on the evening of public registration because the classes were filling and the phone was silent! Obviously our new customers found it intuitive to use as well! We actually closed the office 30 minutes early and went for a beer to celebrate :)

The Amilia team is highly responsive to product feedback and they were very quick to release a feature we really needed: waiting lists. It seems like there is a constant wave of awesome new features added. Talk about pro-active; each time we ask for a new feature, it's usually in the development stage already! No need to worry...the adoption time of new features takes mere minutes with the step by step guides and support from our specialist, Marianne.

We have been so impressed that we have moved our Birthday Party and Camp Registrations over to the system as well.

We are very pleased with our choice and we highly recommend Amilia to anyone looking for an online registration system that is both appealing from the customer side and easy to use from the administrative side. What a great combination!

Response from Amilia

Thanks so much for the kind and detailed review Kyle - we are so happy to hear you are enjoying your Amilia experience :)

Caroline
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Yes, im online!

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

Easy enrolment. Clients register online and fill out all the forms needed before their first class. It is easy to track, to adjust the group classes and to send invoice to clients. Customer service by chat is really effective when you have a tiny question about a feature.

Cons

I had a lot of issues getting my RL-24 done. It took the equivalent of 1hr/day to try to resolve the problems and it was ongoing for a month.

Sheldon

Review for Amilia

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Overall the experience is better than other systems we have used before. We do appreciate the customer service aspect.

Pros

We really like how the customer's see the store. The point and click is easy enough to use. Once all of the little bits are set up in the back end it is easy to copy and paste and see lists and keep the systems organized.

Cons

The initial set up did take a very long time. There are a few issues with e-mails; Only 1 customer on file receives the e-mails and we would like an option for all e-mails on file to receive it. Additionally, we would like our coaches to receive an e-mail notification when someone registers into a private lesson or a class so they can keep up to date with new enrollments.

When we send out e-mails we also need that to be sent to the instructor that is linked to the activity.

Amanda

Smart Rec Ease

Reviewed on 2023/01/31

Very easy to hit the ground running. Also the response from the customer service is great. Our team really appreciates the bi-weekly check-in meetings.

Pros

Ease of use for both the internal and public side

Cons

We would like to have a template to create our own reports, ability to be able to adjust fees, and do our own merging. However we do understand why these are not available

RecDesk and CivicRec

Reasons for Choosing SmartRec

Rec Trac is a mess and a programmers dream. We are not programmers we are Rec people and love the ease of Smart Rec

Reasons for Switching to SmartRec

Team choice and we chose the better product
Matt

SmartRec is a great way to manage your Recreation Department

Reviewed on 2023/02/03

We have had very good experience with Smart Rec which we have had for one year now.

Pros

The customer service is first rate. Whenever we have a question or concern the Customer Service team is always available to give a quick answer to any issue we have.

Cons

We are very happy with the software and do not have a what we like least.

Carey

It's has been an amazing experience from day one!

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

All of its functionality and the ease of navigating through the product. Amilia continues to make changes/upgrades so that the product is more useful to any business.

Cons

That I cannot spend more time working with it. As an owner, there are times that I must spend other time with different administrative work.

Mary

Daily Use of Amilia

Reviewed on 2021/10/19

The experience has been positive overall.

The experience has been positive overall.

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use but has to be learned like any other platform.

Cons

The reports area could be more finetuned.

Response from Amilia

Thanks so much for the review Mary - happy to hear you are enjoying using Amilia!

Beatrice
  • Industry: Sports

Amazing online registration software.

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Positive experience overall.

Positive experience overall.

Pros

Technical support team is excellent.
Live chat option is fast and very knowledgeable.
Features and modules offered are easy to navigate.

Cons

There isn't a way to upgrade from one membership to another.