ecoPortal

Environmental, health and safety (EHS) management software

Coral T.
  • Industry: Textiles

Ecoportal and its challenges

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

EcoPortal has made me less of a tutu (play around) on a daily basis, to find my way around this software without being able to communicate at that point of time, you had no other option but to become a tutu. Now I feel like I have mastered a lot of entries with EcoPortal and will continue to upskill where ever and how ever I can :)

Pros

Working with EcoPortal over the past 2-3years has been challenging at times. But if you familiarize yourself with this software, i.e. daily data entry, overtime these challenges become less and less frustrating and eventually finding your way around EcoPortal becomes easy just by the click of a button :)

Cons

The only thing from my point of view that I had difficulty with was knowing what I wanted to enter in and couldn't find the right category or title for the data to be entered under.

Jason G.
  • Industry: Farming

Portal Perfection

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

Due to the large size of our corporate structure and staff all over New Zealand, we need a tool to help us see a snapshot of how the business is doing health-wise.

The ecoPortal platform has been a tool for the ages as it brings in real-time an up to date view of how we are tracking, where we see early indicators, and the ability to trend, interpret and develop strategies around the accurate data we are seeing for the benifit of all our staff & businees as a whole.

Pros

All of the ecoPortal software is critical to our business in its structure and totally with the end-user interface in mind. But what impressed me the most is the ability to have the data or platform altered even slightly to be more user friendly, accurate, and interpretable.

Cons

As with LIC NZ, our mission statement is "There is always room for improvement" & eco-portal has never failed to surprise us with accurate information, best practice in software development, design, and institution! So as far as we are concerned -There are NO CONS!

Andrew H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

A simple to use and effective systems platform

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

We are an environmental consultancy that works with clients to develop and implement environmental management systems. We have used ecoPortal with a number of mining and industrial businesses to develop systems that support environment, and quality and health and safety systems. EcoPortal is intuitive and easy to use with clients finding the platform simple to understand and become familiar with.

Pros

easy to understand
logical
integrates env, quality and health and safety

Edison W.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

Easy, clear access. Simple to understand and good functionalities. Can update important information at the ease of the user.

Pros

Easy access
Simplicity

Jason S.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Fluid

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Very positive and would recommend to others searching for an effective tool that allowed them to monitor their workplace health and safety.

Pros

The system was fairly easy to manage with great support for the team and easy to understand. I have used a lot of different software packages over the last 20 years and this one was easy to use and show others how to use in day to day management of health and safety. It was daily intuitive to use compared to there which I have had to reverse engineer in order to understand.

Cons

The system timed out a lot and this can be frustrating for the user if they haven't saved their screen. Some fo the files folders on the drop-down need development in terms of what the user needs and easier analytics or standard analytics that industry would use would be good.

It would be good to have simple QR codes for reporting or inspections that link to the system.

Michael R.
  • Industry: Food Production

User friendly software

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

Pros

The feature I like most about this software is the mobile phone compatibility. I don't need to wait until I get to a desktop computer to enter data anymore. I can now complete reports and enter events from wherever I am by simply logging in to Ecoportal from my phone.

Cons

Like any new software, it takes a little time to become familiar with functionality. There were some user-specific enhancements that needed to be implemented initially to improve the reporting data.

Danny C.

Well designed website that is easy to use once set up

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

The ecoPortal is easy to use for tracking our company's H&S activities, once it is set up. This took a few months initially, but once we got there, it has been working flawlessly for our needs.

Brent P.

Easy As can be!

Reviewed on 2017/03/28

Its just so easy and straight forward, when you are very busy its not a drag to enter something on the run!

Peter G.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

It looks complicated especially to non-tech savvy users but actually, it's all up there! It is easy to use.

Ogubuike I.

EcoPortal

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Great experience after I had received the initial training

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to use. It makes the determination of current and ongoing risk easier.

Cons

Require a bit of training to get used to

Aston M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simple intuitive SaaS that enables us to stay on top of issues from anywhere

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

We've been able to remove significant administrative workload by moving to this system from paper based systems. The team have been easy to work with and receptive to our feedback. Great to be able to work alongside them to resolve any issues that emerge and they are very timely with their work on any fixes or feedback where we've misunderstood something.

Pros

I like the fact that the interface is easy to navigate and made deployment across our sites easy. The system enables us to monitor and manage safety related incidents from anywhere and at any time. We can see both the detail and the big picture.

Cons

We're still coming to grips with some of the ways in which we can simplify the reporting to match our prior charts but that's a part of the learning journey for us.

Violet H.
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Used Other for 1+ year

No paper work needed

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

Incident Reports
very easy to fill in, my work duties puts me in some situations that are unavoidable,
we are filling in near miss or incident reports and this way is easy to print off if need or email to managers. good job ecoPortal!!

Pros

We are able to connect with Eco outside of the office using our phones, most of the time we are in the feild and it makes it so much easier then filling in paper work. It's easy to understand and your only filling in the facts. All your paper work has been sent to the administrator and your file so no need to refile anywhere else.

Cons

Nothing all works well for me. I have not found any fault in using this at this point of time.

Aryan A.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

One Stopshop to capture the details

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

It has been a good experience overall to use this one

Pros

All the information was straight forward and most of it was a selecting answer out of options instead of writing text which was the best part.

Cons

The details are too much to specify which make user reluctant sometimes

Glen P.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

ecoPortal

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

ecoPortal has helped our business take the next step in H&S management. Ability to easily track safety events, contractors, trends/severities and the ability to report on these has been great.
My account manager is great but with some things, the time taken to implement and fix issues can take a while.

Pros

The fact that the system is customisable to our own business needs and is flexible enough to make changes and improvements when we need.

The system is also very easy to use even for non tech savvy people.

Cons

The system is not very printer friendly. We are moving towards a paperless environment however a number of staff including board members like to have a paper document and this has been a challenge to keep the reports looking good when printed.

Text fields are limited and style, font and highlighting or coloring text is not an option.

Kevin L.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

More than just a Provider

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

The real-time reporting and ease of navigation around the system really helped in engaging team members across all of the Business. It also allows us to recognise and react to trends in a positive manner and reflects the results of controls so that everybody sees the positive impact their decisions are having on the safety of individuals and their colleagues

Pros

Having installed and implemented the software into 2 x companies and working on the third, the pros far outweigh the cons insomuch as the process from concept to end user usage was made so easy, by the team at ecoPortal, due to availability, recognition that not everybody is a Tech-savvy-genius, flexibility and product knowledge which resulted in a product that gave us a one stop shop for all things safety and quality related, accurate real-time reporting which is understood at all levels from the Board to the Coal face.

Cons

The thing I liked least about the product was leaving it behind when I changed companies

Grant G.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

An easy way to manage Health & Safety

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

ecoPortal provided a comprehensive and cost effective solution for our H&S needs. They worked closely with us on implementation to provide an intuitive and simple to use platform for all our people here at Holmes.

Pros

- Highly configurable to compliment our processes
- Easy for all employees to create a H&S event
- Many different registers provide functionality to manage all aspects of H&S

Cons

- Require ecoPortal to make custom changes to registers

Deidre M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

Have been very happy with the whole process and support Ecoportal staff have given us.
This tool is user friendly.

Pros

User Friendly

Cons

Have not found one yet

Sarah H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Eco Portal

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

It's been good to use it to get people who's certificates may be expiring and having that pop up in my email so I can bring that up with my boss and she can get them certified again.

Pros

That all my health and safety documentation is in one place and it's easy to get to and update.

Cons

It sometimes uses jargon that is difficult to understand but once you get past that it's fine.