Connex

Cloud-based integration and order management platform

Troy M.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Gets the job done!

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

We are stoked on Connex and what it provides. It is mission-critical to have invoices and inventory integrated between Shopify and QuickBooks, and Connex gets it done!

Pros

This was a solid upgrade from our previous Shopify to Quickbooks Desktop tool. Mostly because of the scheduler and ability to run the connection automatically. There were some other upgraded perks, but we'd hoped for such because we were increasing our spend by a good 2x for it. The connex team was supportive during the onboarding and the FAQ tools they created were really helpful to set it up.

Cons

There are a few missing automatic connections and situations that aren't solvable even with the Rules Engine. But they are not must haves. The main issue is how Shopify treats and underpaid invoice as a "return" which creates a headache in the automation for credit memo creation in QuickBooks.

Ian P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Where would I be without it?

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Top notch customer support. Always very quick to respond, and happy to help with technical issues.

Pros

Being able to automatically sync sales transactions form our various sales channels has been a major time savor. No more manually creating or double entry of transactions.

Cons

There is a learning curve when you first set things up. A lot of setting to work through. And sometimes it takes a while to figure out mapping errors when you find. Though the new set-up wizard makes setting up a basic connection a heck of a lot easier.

Mark C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Your search has completed - there is simply nothing better than Connex

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Connex has earned the position as a strategic and integral part of our software operations.

Pros

The feature set is robust and complete for automating Quickbooks with major store hosts, major shipping platforms and major marketplaces (like all flavors of Amazon). The setup is logically laid out; they'll help you with it during onboarding, but honestly I was able to figure out most of it on my own. They are continually working on improvements and their support is responsive. Honestly I've used 2 other similar platforms and reviewed at least 3 others - this one has non of the limitations or sticker shock of the others, runs quickly and automated. We are mostly in set-it / forget-it mode (the BEST kind of software).

Cons

The old user interface was less of a dashboard and more of an menu list. The new user interface, however, looks superb!

Louisa N.

Saves time by automatically updating inventory and importing orders into Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

I depend on this software. I only have to keep my QB inventory up to date and it’s nice that my website will display accurate inventory. In the past, I have had to update both my QB and my Website. It would take hours a week.

Pros

1) Automatically syncs inventory to my website from QB. I sell through other channels besides my website, so I create invoices manually for non-website sales which reduces my inventory in QB, and the new quantities are updated on my website too.
If a sale comes through on my website, it automatically creates a sales order in Quickbooks from my website, complete with customer shipping info and order details. Then I just create an invoice from the Sales Order and it deducts from my inventory on Quickbooks.

Cons

When my website software version updates, sometimes it causes the connexforquickbooks to not automatically run. I can still manually run it when this happens, while I contact connex tech support. They can fix the issue usually within a day or sometimes longer.

Chris P.

Connex for Chris

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Very good and my site is humming.

Pros

I do not see it working and it does it very well.

Cons

Not being able to figure out how to update my credit card info easily.

Mark E.

Great Product & Service

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

I think its a great product and service.

Pros

I love that I don't have to worry about my Shopify store syncing orders and products with my Quickbooks Online account. It's reduced the amount of time I had to use to input orders.

Cons

It's a little expensive on a monthly basis.

Moshe H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The best option for my client

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Pros

The fact that the sync runs all day and can upload the products.

Cons

When it errors out I cant fix it myself.

Jason K.
  • Industry: Food Production

Effective Software & Integration tool

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Pros

Once you put the time in to set up this tool, you basically NEVER have to check on it again. The only time you need to troubleshoot is when you add a SKU on your online store or QB and there isn't a matching SKU programmed yet.

Cons

Took a little while to set up, but that is because we have a LOT of SKUs and we had some order #s that ended up duplicating when we switched e-commerce platforms.

Lisa A.

Start Using This TODAY!!! You won't be sorry!

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

I have saved over $450 a month by switching. I have all of our syncing between our multiple retail points all in 1 program. It is nice to have everything in 1 place, 1 setup, 1 login.

Pros

This has saved us over $450 a month. We use BigCommerce for e-commerce and we have 2 separate Square point of sale retail locations. FINALLY something that will sync ALL of these, to 2 different Quickbooks databases. Setup was great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was terrific with my onboarding. Integration is easy. I used to use both T-hub AND Shogo, and needed a dedicated server for T-hub. Connex does it all for so much less $$, all browser based. There is some setup initially, but no more than with anything else like this. I love all of the sync options that you can choose at setup (such as whether or not to add new product, how to map items etc). Invest in research, take notes during onboarding, and don't look back. Customer service is good also. Upgrading from 1 plan to the next level for me had a glitch, and they fixed it right away!!!

Cons

the only negative is that I did not find this soon enough!!!

Lori K.

The only way to go

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Pros

I have been using Connex since we switched to Shopify and QBO online. It saves hours of daily data entry.
If you set up your fields properly, the system works flawlessly.

Cons

Learning how to navigate their multitude of help menus. As a retailer, how I describe and/or search for help is different then how they may have labeled it.

Marc K.
  • Industry: Music

Perfect time saver for small business! Set-and-forget!

Reliable - consistent - time saving

Pros

The flexibility and compatibility with multiple E-commerce platforms all at once is fantastic. The team at connex is incredibly responsive and supportive. It's very easy to get this going and then not worry about it.

Cons

The error messages can be a bit tricky to understand at times (but the support team is always fast and helpful). If you're not careful or aren't paying attention you can mess up your syncing and end up with duplicates or mistakes - but just take your time setting up and it's fine.

Edgar R.
  • Industry: Warehousing

review

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

good

Pros

having the abiluty to imort tacking information

Cons

only imports master tracking would like for all tracking numbers to import

Deborah A.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

This app saved my sanity!

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

We have a Shopify website. We were having to enter all of the sales receipts from those orders into QuickBooks, which became quite labor intensive since at the time it was a one-person office.

Pros

The biggest pro is not having to manually enter all of our sales receipts into QuickBooks when all of the data is already in Shopify.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve, and I'm still not sure we're using all of its capabilities, but it solved our biggest issue.

Frank G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Interface and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

My overall experience has been that they are immediate in response and customer service and have always had a sloution.

Pros

When I was looking for a product that could link my web sales to my Brick and Mortar QB with an a BOM software call SOS this was the easiest, cost effective and seamless product on the market. That still holds true today. As things changed their customer service people are available- by phone- and give you immediate help so you can move forward without the normal back and forth that consumes time. It still works faultessly and issues are non-existent.

Cons

It has everything I needed then and now.

Vincent R.
  • Industry: Food Production

Easier Web transactions

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Pros

Connex for quickbooks has greatly reduced the time it takes to enter Internet orders into Quickbooks while eliminating errors. This has been a huge time saver, improves our inventory management and once setup, works seamlessly! If you need to get website transactions into quickbooks, this is a great tool.

Cons

There can be times where there may be transaction communication issues (not a Connex issue) that prevent a transaction from being imported into Quickbooks so you do need to keep an eye on the transactions. Over this is a relatively minor issue.

Marc K.

Perfect solution to sync my Shopify store to QuickBooks Enterprise

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Connex has allowed us to focus our resources on growing the business by eliminating the need for manual data entry.

Pros

Connex saves us time and money by automating a tedious job.

Cons

The software can be overwhelming at first but it's a non issue because the customer service is always available to help.

Jerry L.

ConnexForQuickBooks

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Great support. Great product most of the time you don't even think about it being there you just sync from QB and you're caught up.

Pros

Seamless transfer of sales transactions from eCommerce system (Big commerce) to Quickbooks Desktop. Have used with QB Pro and now Enterprise.

Cons

It was quite technical at first but they have been improving the interface and support dramatically.

Terry R.

JMA

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

We’ve had a few burps along the way with syncing and losing saved functions.

Pros

Mapping products from online store to qbo

Cons

Wish it was a bit easier for the non-dev user

Conrad M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Saved our company thousands of hours!

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Overall, Connex has saved our company thousands of hours and we wouldn't be able to survive without it! The software pays for itself since we were manually processing all our website and Amazon orders into Quickbooks. Now with it automated, we no longer have any accounting errors! I highly recommend this for anyone who does a large number of Amazon or Shopify orders! 100% worth every penny!

Pros

Connex took Breeo from manually processing our Amazon and Shopify website orders to automatically doing it! This has saved us thousands of man-hours this year alone! Connex pays for itself and we wouldn't be able to survive without it. We use Quickbooks desktop for our accounting service and sync daily!

Cons

Once you have it all set up and running it's perfect, however, it can be a little tricky getting it set up and making sure orders are getting processed correctly. The onboarding process was smooth and just had to make minor tweaks after.

Lauren B.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Wonderful company great engaged owner that cares and is very helpful

Pros

The software is easy to use has minimal downtime and the customer service and technical support is great very quick responses and a friendly team consistently willing to help! I recommend Connex to any small business !

Cons

Occasionally there are glitches 2 to 4 times a year I.e. when daylight savings time hits, server upgrades etc. I have now learned how to fix them on my own but in the beginning it required a call to the company and support to walk through fixing that

Jessica L.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

Great customer service.

Pros

We needed a way to use bundles in QBO that would correctly integrate with our shipping software and online stores. This was the perfect option. It has allowed us to accurately track our inventory by being able to use these bundles.

Cons

Getting things set up in the beginning is a little difficult, but the customer service definitely makes up for that.

Jane C.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Huge time saver and ease of use

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Instead of spending hours typing invoices manually from one system to the other, we now have this amazing software, Connex, that does in seconds what would take hours. Huge time and therefore money saver. I wish we have implemented this software years ago.

Pros

Connex is super easy and flawless to use. The help we received to guide us through the selection of system, on-boarding and implementation and set-up was amazing.

Cons

I do wish Connex had a help phone line, but the help via email is really fast and on point and I have gotten used to waiting a few hours for an answer

Daniel J.

Great Product & Service

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

Easy and meaningful. It meets my needs

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was outstanding in getting me set up. I was in a bad spot because my last company left me hanging and Connex stepped in and made my stress level go down.

Cons

They do have a good support staff but you do have to pay for quality

Joe P.

Very Responsvie!

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Pros

Once again, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Team delighted me with their response time and providing a solution! In short, we ran into some unexpected scenarios with our Amazon sync and they came to the rescue. Highly recommend Connex for QuickBooks!

Cons

No, not all. I'm very pleased with the software.

Robert L.

Easy to use and saves us countless hours each month syncing our data

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

Pros

Integrated easily with all of our selling channels to sync all our order data into quicbooks. The Connex team was a huge asset to get things set-up and running smoothly, and anytime we've ran into an issue they were able to resolve in a very timely manner.

Cons

The error reports could be more detailed. When we have had an issue we have had to download the sync error logs, but the data doesn't really tell us much. Usually we have to open a ticket to resolve and share the error log which works, but it would be great to self-diagnose more if possible.