Showing 167 reviews of 154

Avionté

Software solutions for the staffing and recruiting industry

4 /5 (154 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Showing 167 reviews of 154
Misty R.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Just Enough to Get By

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Overall the software allows us to manage our day to day operations, it definitely has areas of improvement that need to be made that have been overlooked as developers think forward and focus on new developments and projects and seem to forget about old system improvements. The ACA companion app is a perfect example of this, they rushed to get it out, now it gets little to no attention leaving our company and only a handful of others scrambling to manually code our 1095's. Its wonderful this works for other clients flawlessly (So we have been told) but for us its been a headache since the launch and we were told no further developments would be made as the team focused on new ventures. (so basically what I heard was because only your company and a few others have this issue its not really important to us).
The software is a good BASIC end to end solution but could definitely do a lot to streamline processes for all of its clients.

Pros

Avionte allowed my company to move out of paper applications into the digital age, some of its integrations have been helpful and it has helped us in managing overall employment compliance. I like that it does provide even though flawed an end to end solution for our staffing firm

Cons

-Employee documents can be a mess when the employee is longstanding or has had multiple jobs
-There is no way to flag an individual who receives an MSO so that if they leave and return benefits is immediately aware
-ACA tracking, enrollments, & Deductions 2 separate modules... previous software has auto tracked ACA eligibility because FT/PT status is designated at the assignment level. We have people who work short term PT jobs that then may go on to work a full time job and are genuinely eligible to receive benefits. To date we have not found a method to measure an individual for edibility before the 90 day window.
-Unemployment Module- completely barebones, only 2 reports exist when this type of reporting is crucial to business operations. It attaches unemployment to whatever the employees current branch is instead of to the assignment to which the claim was filed, and there is no report or log to show activity on unemployment's. There is a log that shows when the claim is open or closed but no detail as to why, and no initial open date. For performance metrics it is critical to see activity on the claims. It would be nice to see reporting similar to the sales metrics reporting. There is no training or help in understanding how Avionte intended this module to be used.
- Help Center a whole bunch of articles that you have to ask your question very carefully and did through several articles to get to your answer.
-Finally the system feels Antiquated to other systems

Francisco F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Avionte Software Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

This software has allowed us to work efficiently all around, whether its front office or back office support.
Processing times have been cut drastically, allowing us to focus on customer retention and acquisition.

Pros

Time entry for payroll, Employee Tracking, Application Processing, Report Generating

Cons

Ability to Customize reports and sometimes processing times can be delayed due to remote processing.

Shawn V.

Avionte Uses: Staffing vs. Headhunting

Reviewed on 2015/11/24

Pros

I am in a unique situation where I have trained and used Avionte in both a Staffing and a Headhunting setting. Here at QPS our main focus is that staffing side of the business, but we over the past couple of years our Professional Team has grown as well. Avionte is our sole ATS and CRM on the Staffing side of things and our team including myself love it. There are so many key features that make this product stand out on the staffing side including back-office, reporting, customization, and most importantly a one stop shop for us to run our business. On top of those key features, Avionte has a support staff that is next to none that is here to help whenever we need it.

Cons

Now to the other side of the coin and how our Professional Team (AKA Headhunters) have utilized Avionte. A few years ago, our Professional team was utilizing Avionte for our lower end candidates and another ATS for our higher end candidates. Our team decided that Avionte didn't have the key features our other ATS system had and decided to completely get out of Avionte and move over to the other ATS. A few of the biggest reasons why was that the interface of Avionte didn't compare, Avionte wasn't cloud based, and the ease of use of Avionte compared to the other ATS wasn't there either.

Patti M.

We have been able to do amazing things with this new software

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

We have had hours and hours of payroll processing time cut by the items that we are able to do with the software. We have been able to upload W2s directly to our company website - employee portal for the employees to download and print themselves. We have saved thousands of dollars in costs related to payroll checks, mailing costs, printing costs, W2 printing, mailing, stuffing envelopes . . . Not having to print every single thing under the sun has been wonderful. Tech support is AMAZING! Our implementation team was wonderful, and continues to be a great partnership. Peace of mind that we are doing things correctly is great. Being able to upload documents directly into the employee file and not contact different branches to be able to see documents. Data entry at the branch level has improved dramatically as the employees are responsible for entering their own information. Makes for so many fewer mistakes. There really are so many things that I have come to appreciate with this software.

Pros

Very user friendly. Once you learn the names of items, it is quite simple to go back and forth between different areas of the software, and yet never lose your place.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like. Every problem that I have believed that I had, was able to be either adjusted by Avionte, or I've been able to find a work around that did exactly what was needed.

Anna H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Avionte is easy and useful!

Reviewed on 2020/03/22

Although sometimes the system freezes, it works really well for all of the needs for myself and for our teams for our applicants and reporting purposes.

Pros

I like that the search features are super useful. It’s nice to be able to use search functions to find people assigned to different staffing representatives using select statuses. It’s really helpful to find all of your applicants or select groups and monitor our applicants. The reporting functions are super useful, it’s easy to build a report fast based on what I need and it is self explanatory! It’s great that you can move the columns around in search, being able to move certain columns (status, Employee ID, last contact date, etc) helps me focus on what I need to be seeing and narrowing out what I don’t need. It’s great that everything transfers to excel easily, too. It’s helpful you can change the color of the system, I prefer the darker theme for my eyes!

Cons

I don’t like that often we have times where the system is freezing and it seems like it happens often.

Joann P.

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

I like many of the features of Avionte. The company has worked diligently to make the software more responsive to the needs of users.

Pros

I like that Avionte allows you to tie job postings to other applications and has its own payroll piece. The ease of pulling specific reports and the ability to contact candidates and employees through mass email is very helpful.

Cons

When I have submitted tickets to Support, it has sometimes taken them several weeks to contact me. That forces me to spend time researching a solution to my problem and in the process losing valuable time doing the job I am being paid to do

Lynne L.

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

I like that I can add upcoming tasks and updates to client and employee's files.

Pros

Many different options in logging messages and updating files.

Cons

Can sometimes be difficult to navigate. It would be nice that when an employee is assigned to a job or ends an assignment, the program would automatically change their status from Active/Working. Also when and employee ends their assignment and you put add the date in the file, if you do it within the same week they are getting paid, it bumps them out of the payroll batch. So you have to put in the end date after the payroll has been done.

Jay L.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Attractive UI, but that is as good as it gets. Far better products for the money.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Compas is a product that would be well suited for novice software users that are just looking for a place to store resumes, email, track jobs, etc.

Pros

Quick data migration got us up and running quickly. Compas has a pretty UI (user interface). They address product and user issues quickly.

Cons

Lots of clicks, wonky search, relatively easy to configure, support has been lacking, despite their eagerness to help resolve issues. We often find out that the system is incapable of meeting our requests/needs. Calendar in the system is significantly lacking. Not all fields in the database are searchable. Configuring search in the system is not easy and we find that even the vernacular is not consistent across all "modules" or "sections" in the database. As an example, to search contacts within a radius you search on the term "address", while in the applicant the term is "location". When entering data you can't add a state until you have a country entered, but you are asked to put in the state before the country, so you have to click down, then back up to populate the state. They don't integrate their job application portal with careerbuilder, so applicants on careerbuilder don't enter Compas directly, so lots of manual entry or lots of applicant emails, unless you drive applicants away from the career site (careerbuilder) to your job application page on your website. That said, applications drop significantly when you direct them away from the career site.

Can't imagine using anything else.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

We have integrations available for many of the processes we run on a daily or weekly basis. In addition, many of our internal processes and tasks have been streamlined and are much more efficient than what we had with our legacy system.

Pros

I like the functionality of the software. There are many things we can do with Avionte that we were unable to do with our legacy system.

Cons

I don't like how long it can take to get responses to tickets. I've had tickets open for several weeks to have someone respond back with a simple answer/solution. Didn't appear it should have taken so long to get an answer.

William S.

Avionte

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Pros

We are able to access the software anywhere there is an internet connection. In addition, the software features a full billing, payroll and tax functionality in addition to their front office. Finally, the payroll tax software is excellent. This is very important since we operate in a state with city and school district taxes.

Cons

The current version does not work well on cell phones and tablets. A new version coming out in July will resolve this issue.

Jacena M.

Avionte Great Product for Sourcing

Reviewed on 2020/08/02

Overall great experience! Makes my day of reviews easy and quick when working with a specific client.

Pros

With the amount of clients I oversee and work with, I find it easy to find and pin point the exact candidate that I am working with. It is easy to use and easy to view all of the clients information with just a click or two!

Cons

It's hard to view errors and as to why there is an error on a clients name. The ease to navigate out of daily buttons I use is a little difficult to view or know how to use. Pulling reports is a little difficult to recall, there arent many help areas to show you how to do things.

June B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Okay software for the basics plus back office

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

Great, great customer service but not a very robust product.

Pros

Has a back office integrated. Very easy to learn and use right away. Literally a few minutes and someone can start using. Customer service is awesome.

Cons

Reporting is not very robust. A lot of manual manipulation with Excel required after running most. Naming conventions can be very confusing. If you ask for a feature, they will add it but charge you for the development time.

Andrea R.

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

It's been a good experience and if we ever have any questions, the customer support team is awesome.

Pros

Easy to post jobs to our website
Quick to create a new ticket
Easy to set up multiple departments for invoicing
Easy to view new online applicants
Easy to keep track of open orders and run special reports

Cons

The only con I can think of at this time is that once you create a favorites group, you can't ever delete it.

Billie O.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Training Avionte

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

I was an end user in the field as a manager prior to coming to my current training role. Good experiences to report from my perspective.

Pros

I feel its very functional and as a trainer, easy to train new users on as well.

Cons

That there are 3-5 ways to do most anything in the system. I think two would have sufficed.

Mark L.

Reviewed on 2012/03/01

Cypress HCM is a full-cycle recruitment and temporary labor payroll firm that specialized on the fulfillment of fulltime and contract Information Technology, Marketing, Creative, and engineering positions at all levels. We had a long list of criteria when selecting the right technology to run/manage the business and the main reason (outside of all the bells and whistles that most systems have – social recruiting, automated job board feeds, mobile access, etc) why we chose the COMPAS for Staffing platform was because it was one of the only technologies on the market that truly had the four stream-less functional modules that we needed within one SaaS application.

The four module that all interact with one another being an Applicant Tracking System for recruitment activities, a CRM for sales activities, a time & attendance system with back office financial integrations for payroll and billing activities, and a reporting module to capture everything related to recruitment, sales, and back office activities. Prior to COMPAS we utilized three separate standalone applications, which did not interact with one another, limited our growth ability, and increased our back office costs due to manual processing. Similar to any software transition/upgrade there was a learning curve, but once up to speed with the support/training from the COMPAS team we’ve never looked back. The system has been great, and we’re able to scale with zero limitations. I strongly recommend COMPAS to any recruiting team or staffing company.

Don D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Good...on the way to better...as we both reach for great!

Reviewed on 2016/08/09

Pros

You keep improving the product. I am impressed with how it gets better with every release.
Your customer support is very good. We really enjoy working with our rep. She is very responsive and knowledgeable.

Cons

1. You need to fix the importation of emails. I still can't assign emails I receive from LinkedIn or from my team members to a specific record. I have to now copy and paste emails into individual records rather than just assigning it to a record.
2. Still too many "clicks".

Paul B.

5 year user of Avionte / Corporate trainer of Avionte

Reviewed on 2015/11/24

Pros

It does house and make searchable virtually all (most of) our data. It gets the job done and then some. I've used similar and competitor programs and of the programs that we have actually used in place of Avionte - Avionte wins hands down.

Cons

Outdated UI, slow response times. Running searches can bring the system to a hast.

James W.

Complete Front and Back Office Staffing Package

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

Pros

Avionte' has a great collection of staffing industry professionals that are actively engaged in the industry. They understand the issues that their clients are facing. They host an annual Client Connection to allow users to meet, interact and work to enhance features.

Cons

Their hosted platform connects through Remote Desktop which can be a bit cumbersome. I look forward to their true web based platform roll out in early 2016.

Tiffany G.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Avionte has been great, the only complaint I have is that it freezes and shuts down often.

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly. I like all the features, for example the variety of reports we can pull and the advance search options.

Cons

It does freeze and slow down often. Also I know since it's a remote desktop it might not have a choice, but I do wish I didn't have to go through a bunch of folders in my C drive to save things it's very slow when loading.

Corinne V.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

You work for Avionte....don't expect much...should be a "Do it yourself product"

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Consistently has staff turnover and lack of communication and response.

Pros

Good Integration with other products such as background checks, and other features but of course at an additional cost!

Cons

Bad value for the cost, extra fees for any changes, Self Service everything! Just received a lovely email that said "Mandatory Training" last time I checked we were the customers. If you are looking to switch software be prepared to have a minimum 20 hours a week dedicated to this alone! Avionte thinks that staffing companies have nothing better to do thank manage the software. Overpriced, not a good investment, highly regretting this purchase!

Rovshan A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Not satisfied

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

It's very fast to find any applicant in the system. It's also easy to edit any table for an admin, no need any support by the vendor. Another thing that I like is the customer support, all the requests are being taken care of fast enough.

Cons

If you delete any option that has been added before but not being used anymore, it'll delete all historical data. The system should be flexible. It's not even possible to hide the options that aren't being used anymore.

Response from COMPAS Technology

I'm sorry about your experience and we want to make things right. I have alerted your Customer Success Manager and they will be reaching out shortly to remedy these items.

Thank you.

Richard M.

BetterHire Compas Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

I am new to recruiting and had to learn the system from scratch. Overall the system is easy to use, but I am sure there are some additional features and functionality that would help me become more effective and efficient.

Pros

I like that I can easily search for candidates utilizing parameters to identify the most qualified candidates.

Cons

Some of the features are not intuitive - for instance the search parameter you have to take a couple of steps rather than the system automate your selection.

Zach B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

MyCompas staffing software for agencies (ATS)

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

MyCompas is the jack of all trades, master of none ATS. I'd like to highlight the elegant user interface, and their chrome extensions that easily let you input candidates from LinkedIn directly into the database with a few clicks. It does have a searchable database, but with the caveat of searching for specific criteria can be challenging at times. Overall, I think it is a solid choice for agency ATS options out there on the market. Also they are very speedy with customer service requests.

Pros

Chrome extension support.

Cons

Expensive per user monthly fees.

Valerie M.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Avionte

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Pros

It was user friendly and information is easily accessible.

Cons

It still has a few glitches and would tend to run slow or freeze up.

Angela K.

Average recruiting software

Reviewed on 2017/01/29

Avionte's concept is great but some of the functions can be difficult and not user-friendly. There are a lot of things that stay set and settings so when you log back in it can be easy to forget you have that saved. The search function and navigating between those results can be confusing. I have used other systems compared to this one and would say it rates as average.

Pros

-Reporting function
-Ability to over ride some functions

Cons

-Ease of use
-So many functions that are not necessary or used