ExpressVPN Reviews

ExpressVPN

Virtual private network software with built-in kill switch

AvendanoGonzalezS
AvendanoGonzalezS

EpressVPN: never go to a trip without it

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

My experience has to be absolutely empowering. Nowadays I constantly paid for the whole year's service. It is not a bad idea, you know why? Because ExpressVPN gives you the best discount for a full year service. In my own opinion, it is a big bargain for all of us, yearly users who look for great service. In my opinion, ExpressVPN is the best desition made in the past three years. Thank you, guys.

Pros

My Professional life can be described as a) Before ExpressVPN and b) After ExpressVPN...I have never been so disconnected from the World during my Asian Trips. Thank God I finally made the desition to engage my gadgets with ExpressVPN. Since that moment of enlightenment, I am a different and empowered professional. Security and Access are key when you are on the road and you need to access all your data from overseas...

Cons

At first, I have no idea how a VPN works. It seems a lot of confusion and super geeks work. But I studied ExpressVPN website and Social Media and finally, I got engaged. What I don't really like is the top have security breaches in my types of equipment. Nobody wants to pass through such a nightmare. That is the least I want to experience again.

Roger
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Fast and Reliable VPN

Reviewed on 2022/10/09

ExpressVPN is a great VPN service that I have been using for a while now. The speeds are always consistent and it's very easy to switch to different locations. The peace of mind in having secured, encrypted connections is a benefit to operations. If there's an issue, it's also simple to stop all internet access. The time that I notice a connection is slower, I can quickly switch to a faster one, as ExpressVPN detects and connects to the fastest VPN server.

Pros

This simplicity to install and use - Right away, is a bonus. Also, you can quickly engage a kill switch simply by disconnecting from the network (no "hunting" for that switch). When connecting each day, it automatically detects and connects to the fastest server. There is not a lot of excessive setup required, which makes things easier and more productive.

Cons

One thing that could be improved a bit more - Occasionally the server being connected to, might get very slow several hours later, and sometimes you need to reconnect (and it will connect to the fastest server again).

Stephanie

Used to Be a Great VPN

Reviewed on 2022/05/04

Pros

ExpressVpn was the only VPN I used for years. I love this VPN because it worked on every website and added an extra layer of security that I loved. The customer service specialist was always willing to help if there was an issue with the VPN they were always willing to help and provide a resolution to get this issue resolved.

Cons

After Express VPN was bought out by Kape Technologies, the VPN stopped working on certain and I did not get the sense of an extra layer of security was added when I went to certain websites.

itumeleng
  • Industry: Design

Express VPN

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

My overall experience is that despite it being so reasonably priced, it has helped my a lot with my work, especially when it comes to websites I want to go, but due to my country's restrictions, it has allowed my to bypass that in order for me to continue working and accessing more info if I need it.

Pros

I've been using this software on my laptop and smart phone, and I must say this software has really changed my life. from its easy to use functionality to its quick and easy deployment. For year's now, I've been looking for an inexpensive VPN for my laptop, and now I have. unlike most VPN's, Express VPN doesn't bombard you with a lot of questions before you use it, which I must say is fantastic.

Cons

One thing about it is that I wish it was a little more secure, there are times where pop up AD's appear even though I turned on the AD Block function.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Choosing ExpressVPN

my previous VPN was very unreliable.

Hotspot Shield VPN

Reasons for Switching to ExpressVPN

Express VPN'S price was very reasonable. Some Softwares may be a lot more expensive, but fail when it comes to the services.
Mike
  • Industry: Military

Online Anonymity

Reviewed on 2020/12/05

I am glad I started using this VPN. I have noticed that I get less pop up ads and less email spam. I just wanted to use the internet without being constantly reminded that I was being watched and ExpressVPN has let me accomplish that.

Pros

Convenient install and set up. ExpressVPN's UI is simple to use. Multiple available VPN locations to choose from ensures local traffic will not effect speed.

Cons

Not a con just an observation. Connecting to available ExpressVPN locations is quick requiring only a few seconds, but sometimes disconnecting can take up to a minute. I would think if anything it would be the reverse. Not a big deal.

Reasons for Switching to ExpressVPN

ExpressVPN's consistent speed outpaced NordVPN's offerings. Speed matters and ExpressVPN offered a better solution.

ExpressVPN - simple and fast to use

Reviewed on 2022/06/06

It is really good. I really appreciated the fact that it does simply what the product promises to do. You need a VPN from browsing websites from a different country than yours, it does this! And, it is easy to use.

Pros

The simplicity of the product. You need simply to install the customer, insert the user and password and start to use it. You do not need to become crazy to start leveraging the product. Moreover, once you are logged, with 2 clicks (not more!) you can browse any websites from the selected country. Last but not least, it works really!

Cons

I see just a pain point: there aren't nodes in China. If you need to test a website from China, you can't. This is an important limitation.

Reasons for Switching to ExpressVPN

I had the opportunity to have a free trial for 30 days. It worked well so I decided to go ahead with this product since it does what I expect to have. I did not need to check and analyze other products since ExpressVPN does the job.
Milenko

ExpressVPN from Gamer's ( and QA Tester's ) perspective

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

There are some things which require further development, like the Security as it is field which is evolving every day, but I would definitely recommend it to anyone out there looking for some good VPN.

Pros

I like how fast and secure it is to connect, even to the servers who are far away from my location and all of that, without any negative impact on my gaming experience as well. During some of my QA Test, I had to use servers from different countries and ExpressVPN shined in that field as well and I was able to deliver the best service as result. Also, I really appreciate some of the options which ExpressVPN is providing me with, like the Network Lock, which additionally secures my IP and traffic, even in case my connection drops. Additionally, this feature is even enabled from the start in the application for instance, which is really good ( especially for new users, unaware of this feature ).

Cons

I don't have any negative words about ExpressVPN, but it would be nice for instance, if it would come with some integrated Adblocker, which would further enhance overall user experience.

Eslam

Best VPN service out there.

Reviewed on 2021/10/22

The app lives up to the hype. It is expensive but absolutely worth the money. It is a must-have if you are looking for a reliable and fast VPN.

Pros

Express VPN is the best in business. It is easy to install and use. It has a lot of servers and countries to connect to. It makes surfing the web much safer. There is no lag in the speed like other VPN services I have used. It is one of the very few VPNs that you use with Netflix and other streaming services. It absolutely lives up to its reputation.

Cons

The price is a bit on the higher side. Sometimes, it takes a while to disconnect. On rare occasions, the app sometimes crashes.

maria
  • Used for 2+ years

Express VPN for travelling abroad

Reviewed on 2021/04/09

Very good. Connections to channels abroad, especially BBC Iplayer which is notoriously hard to connect to and Prime were good even from China & Mexico. I also felt safe paying my staff whilst away.

Pros

I can access all the UK & Dutch channels as it keeps my banking details safe when travelling abroad. I per whenever I need it when travelling so doesn't cost me a lot.

Cons

No dislikes. It did disconnect occasionally but easily reconnected. I found it slowed down my phone quite a bit and didn't allow access to certain sites ( it worked fine when disconnected) which is a bonus abroad but a bit of a pain when at home.

Rami
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

the best VPN solution i've ever used

Reviewed on 2021/11/07

since i started using it my life become much more easier, the solution much more accurate than the competitors, great value for money

Pros

Very ease to use, just download and use.
Lot's of countries with stable IP address to apply tests and decent bandwidth

Cons

would be brilliant if they will have the option to choose country and city, on some cases this is a showstopper in terms of development and we have to use other solutions.

Jakub

VPN worked in China

Reviewed on 2022/03/22

Great VPN with a simple to use interface and a robust server fund to connect to. You might need to fiddle with cookies settings or use different browsers sometimes if you want to overcome some blocking but It works fine at the end of the day.

Pros

The simplicity of the interface and setting it up on my phone and computer was amazing. No matter if Mac or Windows or Android phone. This worked very well. Even while traveling to China (being famous for blocking pretty much everything from the free internet) I managed to get a decent connection speed to use make video calls and use services, which would have been normally blocked. Using it in Europe - some countries tend to block some sites and pages - so this makes them accessible with a breeze.

Cons

The subscription is not simple to cancel. You really need to concentrate on the website and where to click. Sometimes connecting ot really far locations like Bangladesh was so slow that it rendered the connection unusable.

Price incentive.
William
  • Industry: Information Services

Offers many server options and does not reduce the website loading speed

Reviewed on 2023/10/11

ExpressVPN has a simple, intuitive platform that is easy to navigate and change IP location. It allows us to access many websites without geo-location restrictions or exposing our data. Unlike some competitors I have used, ExpressVPN supports high website loading speed and does not lag. It cuts connections when the server has an issue so you cannot expose your actual location to the site or app you are using. I feel that everything about ExpressVPN is fair and positive but the price is not (at least for small companies).

Pros

I like ExpressVPN because I can use it to stream content, download large files, or access various sites without experiencing buffering or lag. Other similar tools I used before could not match the speed and I had to keep changing the access server to try and improve the loading speed. It provides more than 150 real, working locations to choose from. They also claim that they don't access or keep personal data guaranteeing privacy and security.

Cons

I feel that ExpressVPN is expensive and small companies might avoid it for that reason. Some servers are not always available but there is always alternatives to choose from. I cannot find any other negative aspect of ExpressVPN.

Lawrent
Lawrent
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

ExpressVPN is a great choice if you want to protect your privacy but need a VPN that's easy to...

Reviewed on 2022/12/11

Our experience using ExpressVPN is that it is a solid VPN that works well with most things. We were able to access any online service without any issues. We also did not experience any connection drops or downtime during our testing.

Pros

We like that ExpressVPN has a solid no-logs policy. This means that the company stores minimal data about your activity and never monitors, tracks, or records any of your internet activity. ExpressVPN does not collect any user data from their customers, including: Browsing history and DNS requests.Your connection to the ExpressVPN server is encrypted with 256-bit AES encryption and authenticated with SHA256 HMAC authentication. The result is that most people will never be able to break into your connection as long as you use a strong password/passphrase.You can connect up to five devices simultaneously. This includes your laptop, smartphone, tablet and game console. You can also connect your home router and smart TV with ExpressVPN for a total of five devices at a time.ExpressVPN is constantly innovating to keep up with the latest trends and technologies. They have a new feature called ExpressVPN app that protects you against malware, phishing, and other threats. This feature will also help you avoid ads and trackers on your browser by using a secure browser within their app. The ExpressVPN app encrypts all of your internet traffic, so no one can see what you are doing online or intercept any data sent between your device and servers. It does this without slowing down your connection speed at all.

Cons

ExpressVPN is expensive , but it's a good value for money if you want a VPN that provides great security, fast speeds and lots of features.

Farzana
Farzana

Ultimate VPN Tool.

Reviewed on 2022/09/19

I must conduct a lot of web research for my work. This tool makes things much simpler by granting me access to blocked websites and ensuring I can always do my task in complete privacy.

Pros

The speed is the significant factor. This doesn't slow me down as my previous VPN products did. The best part is that it has a tremendous number of servers spread across many different locations, guaranteeing that I can operate independently.

Cons

The cost was the only issue I had. A bit lower would make it much more appealing.

Salim
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

One of the Best VPN!

Reviewed on 2022/04/15

ExpressVPN is a top tier platform that one easily enjoy and performs all one needs at an affordable price. I use it frequently while I’m away from work and when I’m traveling. It doesn’t seem to cause any significant issues that would be a cause of concern.

Pros

One of the best vpn application on the market and is fast enough for uninterrupted streaming and roaming safely. It’s security assurance is above standard good enough to match other competitors like NordVPN and ProtonVPN. Its easy to use interface allows for an overall smooth experience. Another key feature is having an impressive 90+ server locations enabling any user to choose a wide range of countries.

Cons

There’s been times it’s speed tends to baffle especially when I’m doing work on my PC while I’m streaming a video on Netflix. The price options is a bit of a spread compared to other platforms especially the 1 year (15 months) of $99.95 which is, in my opinion, to high and should change the duration to a year instead of 15 months.

Kasey
Kasey
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

I literally use this software everyday

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

I've tried almost every single VPN, and these are the best I've ever used. Stick with Express, don't waste your time on any other VPN that could expose your data.

Pros

I 100% cannot recommend this software more. I use it daily, it protects my network for anything I'm trying to do. Super easy to setup, doesn't straddle bandwidth, they delete all the meta data, and I've never once gotten any privacy notice while using this software . It's also one of the cheapest companies out there for what you get, pretty much just hit the On/off button and it does the rest. Never needed to contact support, but they were quick in helping me when I needed assistance.

Cons

It doesn't get through some of the video networks like Hulu or netflix if you are trying to access content from outside the country or to access content from other counties. I've literally don't know any software gets around that though.

Suzanne
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Generally good but not perfect

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

Pros

It is pretty easy to set up and use. For one subscription, I can install it on both my phone and my computer, and it functions the same in either place. I also really love how many different countries it has servers in, so I am usually able to find one close to where I need it for that day.

Cons

I've caught it a few times where it said I was connected to a server in one city, but when I looked up my current IP address, it showed a completely different city in the same country. So if you need to be precise with exactly where your IP is coming from, this might not be the service for you.

Updating the software to new versions when updates come out is also more cumbersome than it should be. You click on the update, and it takes you to the website to download and install the update yourself. There is no auto update.

Tim
Tim

Easy to use and effective software to protect your identity

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

ExpressVPN is as simple to use as anything on the market. It's large "power" button interface and it's automatic disconnect feature that cuts off your internet connection if the VPN loses connectivity make it simple for people with no networking or VPN experience previously. It effectively protects your IP address and identity at a time when that kind of private information is bought and sold through online companies for advertising and other purposes. It is also useful in viewing content that is regional specific or logging into work networks that require a local IP address as you can select what region you want to be in. It takes the complexity out of a relatively complex approach to online interactions. Even the simple included Speed Test is a nice touch for making sure your VPN is an optimal distance from your actual location.

Cons

The only drawback is the price. There are other, cheaper options available if you know a little about VPN's already. However, I would add that this is still the most intuitive and practical interface available. So in my opinion it is worth a few extra dollars.

Giuseppe

Great VPN for personal use

Reviewed on 2023/06/23

Nice VPN app, very useful to change your IP address.

Nice VPN app, very useful to change your IP address.

Pros

The amount of servers from different parts of the world is huge. Easy to use. Secure. It also works really well and never had any kind of connection loss.

Cons

Pricing is a little too high compared to other competitors. However, it is very well worth it. I recommend it.

Srikar
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

ExpressVPN - a very useful software for the people who appreciate its value

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

ExpressVPN fundamentally has a very limited use case that's noticeable for most people. Unless you have domain restrictions on your internet or you want access to content that's not native to your country, you're likely getting this for "security." It's a bit expensive for my tastes considering I don't exactly have any of the above use cases occurring regularly.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to spin up and use expressVPN and it works like a charm. The VPN experience is pretty seamless and works pretty much anywhere I go. When traveling internationally, it's incredibly reliable as well.

Cons

It seems expensive for the amount I use it. I never really have any restricted domains at work or personally, so that use case isn't very meaningful to me. I sometimes use it to access content not native to the US but that's few and far between. I ultimately probably wouldn't pay the ~100/year fee if I didn't get an initial discount.

Express VPN: My review

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

As an online networker express vpn helps with server switches and helps create a perfect working experience. I particularly enjoyed the 30-day money back option and was glad i didn't have to ask for a refund. Additionally the quick and ever ready customer response is amazing and top notch. The software comes highly recommended

Pros

looking for a vpn with over 80 countries' server from the UK to the US? then express vpn is your go to software. Fast and reliable. It is also easy to switch between servers without loosing your work. They also offer a 30-day money back feature which was precisely what endeared me to the software in the first instance.

Cons

when you own a system with limited storage space and less than 2gb RAM then you might experience that express vpn freezes occasionally and you might have to always force shut the software which might interfere with your work.

Yannick
Yannick
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

The absolute best VPN

Reviewed on 2020/02/29

I've been using ExpressVPN for one year now, and I could not be more delighted. Besides the privacy and security it offers, it definitely gives you back the internet freedom everyone deserves. Of course it's not free, but since it allows you to connect up to 5 devices at the same time, it's totally possible to buy a subscription with friends or family and share the same account.

Pros

Very pleasant and easy to use interface
The possibility to connect up to 5 devices with one same account

Cons

It's really difficult to find cons to ExpressVPN, the only thing could be the price (i.e. $100 for a one year subscription), but this is highly debatable, given all the advantages you get by using it.

Roshish
Roshish

Fast and Reliable VPN but at a cost

Reviewed on 2023/10/13

Pros

This is one of the best, if not the best VPN out there. It does not affect your internet speed and you would not even notice a difference between being connected to the VPN and not. With a strict no-logs policy they have, it is one the most secure VPN and I could not recommend it more.

Cons

It is very expensive compared to other quality VPNs but it provides you your value for such high price.

This is the one

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I've had nothing but positive experiences with ExpressVPN - would not do without it.

Pros

I tried a couple of VPN providers but Hulu and Netflix were outwitting them. Discovered ExpressVPN on a search for a solution. Wow it is great. Easy to configure and run (I have tablets, laptops and Apple TV). Great online support when I stumbled. Highly recommended.

Cons

Well cost is always a downer, but this is reasonable value.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Fast And Reliable VPN

Reviewed on 2021/05/15

Overall ExpressVPN is the best VPN out there. It protects your identity and at the same time gives you a fast and reliable connection.

Pros

I love the number of locations ExpressVPN provides. You can connect to an endpoint at anywhere around the world and it gives you a fast connection.

Cons

It seems like all VPNs just got blocked by Netflix. I wish there was a way around that but that's not ExpressVPN's fault.