An emerging BI tool based on Artificial intelligence
Overall experience is good, the tool is smart and it is very business friendly. You don't have to be a backend developer or a data science pro to perform analytics on Thoughtspot.
I like the user interface of Thoughtspot.
I like the new AI based analytics feature(SpotIQ)
Thoughtspot does not have a licensing fees, it charges you based on storage.
It is very business friendly.
The software is sometimes glitch, especially while saving worksheets.
There is no option to connect live with other data warehouse and databases, however in update 6.1 they are bringing this feature
A Versatile BI and analytics tool
I work with a retail giant and help them visualise their data using ThoughtSpot which makes it easy for them to take business decisons based on facts and not intuition.
The software is new and is still being updated constantly which is a good sign for a company
1. The tool charges you based on the amount of storage you use, unlike other software which take a one time licensing fee.
2. The tool uses Machine Learning to implement NLP(Natural Language Processing) which allows you to query using plain English sentences
3. The tool does not require a lot of technical knowledge and hence is best for the business people
4. It provides you a SQL query for any search you do
1. The software has some issues like failing to save worksheets sometimes.
2. There are not a lot of variety of graphs to choose from
3. The Answers take a lot of time to process
4. No option for live connection to the warehouse