CareSmartz360

Cloud-based HIPAA-compliant home health care software

Amanda K.

Perfect for a Growing Agency

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

This software has made it very easy to go from doing our scheduling and books by paper to an online system. We are more organized and efficient and it is making the staff and clients happy.

Cons

There is nothing we don't like, it has been a good addition to our office system.

Cassandra D.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Can use some improvements with functionality

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is completely fantastic. The onboarding is priceless and very much appreciative. The one hour training goes so fast and she's an excellent trainer.

Regarding the bugs, I've sent an email....no response. Called tech support and was on hold for quite some time so I hung up. I am going to call again to address the concerns listed and hopefully we can get this straighten out.

Pros

The demo was fantastic. This literally is a good product and as a Home Care provider, this was an easy solution in managing the daily operations of my business. Everything you need to manage clients, records, staff, training etc, is here.

Cons

There are several bugs that interfere with my day to day business. For example, I have been unable to enter payor info. The screen goes blank, in order to schedule staff to meet with clients, I have to enter payor info. If this step isn't functioning, I can't schedule staff to work with clients, which means clients are not getting service and I am not getting paid for providing a service. Several staff are receiving daily messages that they have a meeting when they don't. In fact the messages are being received during the times they have themselves listed "unavailable". Then you have the "open shift" schedule, none of my staff can see open shifts. I am tech savvy however this system is too complicated to find some of the simplest task in order to self teach. I find myself spending hours trying to figure things out. I 'm going to try this for another 30 days and if these issues continue, I will have to seek services elsewhere.

Response from CareSmartz

Thank you for your valuable review! We work very hard to ensure that our software is ready for any new regulatory requirements. We are so happy to hear that you have found Caresmartz360 to be easy to learn and use while still enabling your agency to maintain regulatory compliances.

Joshua V.

Way better than our old software

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

From the original phone call to support calls I make now Caresmartz360 has been a huge part in initiating/supervising client care.

Pros

Ease of scheduling, adding clients, adding caregivers and editing information. The overall “feel” of how the program looks makes me excited to use it as opposed to other softwares with an older, boring look. Support gets a rating of 10/10. Professionals are always happy to help. Caregiver app makes life so much easier.

Cons

I wish there was a way to “bulk” approve schedules instead of having to open each individual shift and click “approve”

Jena R.

Pleased with the software & customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]who gave us the demo & sold us on the software was phenomenal. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]who we have been doing on-boarding with has been very helpful in learning & understanding the software.

Pros

So far, this software is very functional. It does everything we need it to and more. The on-boarding team & technical help. The ability to watch webinars and see how things work is so helpful! We are so far please with our choice to go with CareSmartz360.

Cons

The only con is that we have to learn how to do everything, but so far everything is not overly complicated. We are learning, but overall seems much more capable that our past software.

Shanna N.

Great System that needs to be more universal

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Super helpful customer service that is always available when needed. Our representative always checks up on us to see if any questions or help is needed.

Pros

Offers a lot of features, includes all departments so only one system is needed to do everything

Cons

In parts too specific for elderly care, does not include a feature for waivers. We work with Medicaid and have different rates for the same services depending if the child is on a CES, SLS, DD or CHRP waiver.

Response from CareSmartz

Thank you for your 4-star review! We work very hard to ensure that our software is ready for any new regulatory requirements. We are so happy to hear that you have found Caresmartz360 to be easy to learn and use while still enabling your agency to maintain regulatory compliances. For the training enablement, someone will get in touch with you shortly. We ensure your transition and learning journey stays smooth after opting Caresmartz360 platform.

Mathieu N.

Great All Around

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

I first approached CareSmartz360 as my home health care company was just getting off the ground. I was looking for a full solution that was scalable as we weren't in a position to pay for a giant one-time purchase software. CareSmartz360 provided us with a custom, high-quality solution that helped take the effort out of scheduling, document management, and even invoicing and payroll!

Pros

How seamlessly the scheduling works with the invoicing and payroll.

Cons

At times the software can be a bit slow loading from page to page.

Jade B.

New customer to CareSmartz360

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

The customer service has been outstanding. The program has saved us time, so that we can focus on the client rather than data entry.

Pros

I like that some of the functions take away the work I was doing so that I can focus on the client.

Cons

Sometimes you will need to do a work around to get the outcome you want for the program to work for your business.

Lawrence J.

Not easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Pros

The system allowed the user to have separate access.

Cons

The system was complicated for the employees and staff

Brian P.

Great software for independent agencies

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

CareSmartz has helped us eliminate paper time sheets and be able to run billing and payroll in a fraction of the time it used to take

Pros

Great customer support and excellent transition team.

Cons

How quickly it logs you out with inactivity

Roger W.

An Ever-Developing Data Platform for Home Health Care Agencies!

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

The technical support team is extremely responsive. When I have a question of a function or potential issue, their response is timely (Usually under 5 minutes- IMPRESSIVE!!)

Pros

What Embrace has enjoyed the most about Caresmartz360 is that it is a mostly one-stop-shop. We are able to integrate Client assessments, Employee profiles, scheduling, HR/Compliance items, billing, payroll, and more in one cohesive system. Its interface is very user friendly.

Cons

As we have tread the waters of how to integrate a new system into our agency, we have found some lacking tools, functions, and widgets that would be useful that are not present in the software. What is nice, however, is that the development team is very interested in that kind of feedback and they are constantly adding more features monthly.

Mark A.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Just signed up with CareSmartz360!

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

The team is very cooperative, professional and friendly. They are genuine in their commitment to help Small business like us succeed and thrive.

Pros

We are now in the implementation phase and excited to roll out the software to our clients and Caregivers. It appears to be user friendly and has flexibility to be customized to our needs.

Cons

I was initially concerned that the software is tailored to US market, but after clarification, CareSmartz360 can be customized to Canadian statutory holidays, currency, tax rates, ..etc. Also having their VP of Sales based out of Toronto is a clear and solid message of their commitment to the Canadian market.

Nerrica D.

Amazingly awesome

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I have a way of paying my workers with accuracy with the clock in/out option.

Pros

The fact that if the trainings are not helping figure something out, I can reach out to customer service with ABSOLUTELY NO issues

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I haven't perfected it.

Ephraim K.

Software review

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Customer training is best, onboarding staff is very helpful and supportive.

Pros

The software Covers well the industry's functions.

Cons

Some times it is not easy to find function keys to process work..like how to email, get a hard copy...

Ama S.

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

It has solved all my billing and payroll issues. The same information pulled for one process is used for the other, so you don’t have to do the same thing over and over again. And I love customer support. I don’t even have to call...chatting online works just as well. I’m glad I switched.

Pros

Caresmartz is very easy to use. It has cut both billing and payroll in half. Customer support is also very proactive.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like. It’s an amazing tool. It’s made my life very easy.

Dan K.

Great product, need more help getting started

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

I like the system, but you need a dedicated support person to help people get everything set up to start using the software.

Pros

Everything I could possibly want/need to run a home care agency. The price is 4 times cheaper than the current software I'm using.

Cons

The customer support needs to be better. I currently use another system for my caregivers time clocks, notes, etc... That company had someone completely set everything up and walk me through everything to make sure we understood it all. The 30 minute conference call I had with caresmartz360 was of no help. The lady only went over everything that I was already able to read about on my own. I need help setting everything up and learning their system. The ONLY think they need to improve upon, is having a dedicated professional help people set up their company to use their software. I feel like I'm on an island alone and have to figure it out myself. I know there's videos to watch, but sometimes you need that one person walking you along the first time.

Response from CareSmartz

Thank you for your 5-star review! We work very hard to ensure that our software is ready for any new regulatory requirements. We are so happy to hear that you have found Caresmartz360 to be easy to learn and use while still enabling your agency to maintain regulatory compliances. For the training enablement, someone will get in touch with you shortly. We ensure your transition and learning journey stays smooth after opting Caresmartz360 platform.

Theresa M.

Non Medical In Home Care

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

Overall, caresmartz360 has been a good experience for my agency. My team and I need time to take in all the use options. we are very excited to explore them all.

Pros

Haven't used long but it seems to have everything we need. I love the chat icon at the bottom. the training library is an excellent feature, cant wait to use it. The support team are nice people and don't make me feel stupid for not understanding the terms and how to use the program.
Very happy.

Cons

I don't know how to use it yet. Not the software's problem, its great.

Ashlee L.

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

The benefits I am bringing to my agency is a more organized system allowing us more time to focus on our clients we are caring for. I love the HR part of the software helps me spend less time creating invoices , tracking timesheets.

Pros

I loved how the software is designed for you to access it from anywhere. It is very compatible with tablets, computer and smart phones. The software is easy to navigate through, I enjoy the clock in & clock out system for caregivers and client portal making it more flexible for caregivers to track there schedules, vacations, time off request and available shifts.

Cons

Nothing I least liked about the software it’s affordable, flexible, easy to navigate it benefits my agency a lot.

Rhonda H.

SATISFIED NEW ADMINISTRATOR

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

While the learning curve was longer than expected, the tech support from rep I. has been top notch and almost instant whenever I needed her. She has been very thorough in accommodating all my requests and needs, even down to tweaking the system to meet my agency's needs.

Pros

There are so many options to record details in this system. There is a place to document everything we need to have on file.

Cons

Because there is so much room for customization, I found it overwhelming and difficult to determine which options would imperative and which were insignificant in the scheme of scheduling .

Hatiem H.

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Pros

I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she is always very helpful and available to help when we need help. Thank you for all your support.

Cons

Still working on SANDATA Integration, but hoping we get it done and working soon.

Kinshawda R.

Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Pros

I love that fact this software is user friendly and easy to navigate. The customer service staff are so helpful and fast with solving issues. I would definitely recommend this software to any Homecare company.

Cons

I can't think of anything that's lacking from this awesome platform.

Lavette G.

New Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Like I said the support team is great and walked me through the whole process even help with the setup of the employee and client data base.

Pros

The customer support team was great and went through every part of the system so that I understood the software completely.

Cons

At this point no cons just started using so no complaints so far.

Kimberly D.

Reasonably priced

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Private Home Care Provider

Pros

Full service software, 24 hour customer service, GPS Time tracking, Documentation, Streamlined all my apps into one service.

Cons

Some difficulty navigating Library but otherwise.

Kelly G.

Easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2019/10/20

Caresmartz overall has been easy to use.

Pros

This software was easy to navigate even for a novice like me. I am not technologically minded, but this allows for ease of transitioning from one application to the next. Intuitive and user friendly.

Cons

The order of operations is very specific and takes some getting used to.

Gerard D.

Awesome Home Health Care system

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

This is by far the best home health care system I have used and compared with others which are available. Best for the value of money period. Thanks, Caresmartz360, may our business live as long as we care for the elderly.

Pros

Everything. Especially the telephony system and schedule reminder through texts and emails

Cons

More features are still being developed.

Monique L.

Good Use

Great

Pros

How the system reminds me of anything out dated and impotant dates.

Cons

I am not sure yet. I am still in the training process