Showing 18 reviews of 17

Field Service Lightning

Cloud-based field service and onsite job management

Showing 18 reviews of 17
Alexis R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Salesforce is Winning!

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Field Service Lighting is by far a great product! It keeps all my files separate and organized! I love it!

Pros

I absolutely love Salesforce! Salesforce helps my work day go by with ease! It keeps me organized and on task! Plus I love how it keeps all my co-workers and I stay on the same page, with each case!

Cons

Salesforce, sometimes when opening up a new case, can be slow. That is my only complaint. Salesforce is typically really great!

Great Field Service Product with a lot of depth

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

We have a large field presence and FSL is vital to our business in scheduling and collecting info from the field

Pros

I self-implemented so the ability to quickly extend the package with flows was great

Cons

It took Salesforce awhile after acquisition to turn this into a real product, but it is rather impressive now

Salesforce - Good Option if you take the time to learn it

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Field Service Lightning allows me to stay organized and keep everything in one portal, including important documents, interactions with clients, statuses, and progresses and boards

Pros

There are a lot of different useful features for this product

Cons

Some of the features are not as user friendly as I would like

User really enjoying the Lightning Experience

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Really love using it. I work from home and my team is all remote. It really keeps things straight when we are dealing with hundreds of potential clients

Pros

I really like the Outlook plug in, it makes it so much easier to track emails to the client's profile.

Cons

It's great for big companies that can afford it. I'm not sure a small business with smaller scale would benefit considering the cost

Must have for field techs- no downtime

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

I feel that it has helped us fix customer's issues more efficiently when we can connect with our field techs quickly, and inform them of any last minute scheduling changes via the app.

Pros

I love that there is virtually, even if our few field techs don't have internet. They can still access their schedules, see what vans/equipment is available, and we can also refer or send them articles ("manuals" ) to help them on jobs.

Cons

We are enjoying this software. Well, really used more as a mobile app by our few field techs, as our company still is small scale. I would also make this slightly cheaper.

Mike L.
  • Industry: Human Resources

The best around

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

everything I need in a CRM in one place. Its no suprise they have seen so much success.

Cons

There are almost too many features. It just took a while learning them all.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Good software, but not for everyone

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

It’s definitely leagues beyond paper work orders. Streamlines the process of adding parts, making notes, capturing signatures, etc.

Cons

It’s a catch-all solution in a world of very individual businesses. For some, I’m sure this software is exactly the ticket, but for a specialized service department working as a relatively small wing of a large business, this software can bring more headaches than solutions. Salesforce is great for the sales team and the account managers, but for the technicians, not so much.

Jay C.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Planet Salesforce Delving into Field Service

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It was just a mere upsell by the sales staff at Salesforce. We all know Salesforce it is a cut throat environment and it was a case of account executives looking for an easy upsell for their team's quota relief.

Pros

I like the fact that Salesforce is now in the field service industry with Field Service Lightning. This essentially means that Salesforce is no longer stuck within the four walls of the office and now has endless reach to all technicians in the field.

Cons

I strongly dislike that FSL's "Out of the Box" and extremely generic. There is little to know industry specific aspects associated with the software and there's a myriad of other SaaS softwares that are industry specific. FSL is not a one size fits all platform.

William bruce H.

Salesforce review

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Pretty good.

Pros

Fairly easy to use & able to detail all necessary information.

Cons

A little cumbersome but good because I like a platform where I can record a lot of detail.

Jerry A.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

BEWARE, This is not a stand alone product, it was developed to enhance Salesforce

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

IT DOESN'T WORK . After countless meetings with Salesforce and the implementation team, they have admitted that it does not work as we were promised it would. But, they have an iron clad contract that does state that it doesn't matter if it works or not, you must pay. We have now been sent to collections. Their best offer for resolving the problem, was to offer us "Premier Service", which means someone will call you back with in an hour. Since regular service means they never call back, it might be worth something, but not for a program that doesn't work

Pros

The sales and marketing team promised that this software would solve all of our issues and problems.

Cons

We were told that it would take 3 months to build our instance. It has been over 18 months and we continue to pay for a non-functioning product. It is so complicated, the interface programmers have never been able to create and dispatch a work order using this product.

Meets expectations

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

All our accounts and data are overall less overwhelming to manage

Pros

Their sales management and tracking interface helps our business easily manage all customer accounts

Cons

I wish customer support was more accessible. We have emailed and called, and their response time is always slow.

Anita M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Absolutely love it

Reviewed on 2020/02/02

Pros

This was a ground changing software in my small company. It made our business processes faster and more efficient.

Cons

No cons whatsoever. I am a daily user and would recommend it to everyone.

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

FSL looks and feels nice, brings Salesforce into the modern-looking age.

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

This is a great addition to Salesforce, I only wish it had been sooner. We already had half our implementation done when they rolled this out, and I have a feeling some newer will be available before we finish FSL, too!

Pros

The flexibility of the tool in the design aspect. You have so much more leeway when building out your apps that it makes the user experience that much better.

Cons

The data is a problem, many of our data tools cannot leverage API's to draw the data out, so we must extract it into a third party data container to import it into our BI platform.

Scott M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Excellent interface and ease of use

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

Pros

Field Service Lightning has a beautiful interface for my team to find and schedule our field engineers to get to our customer sites. With the use of dynamic rules on how engineers are selected and the use of the area map is very helpful and it takes away the guessing of hoping we are selecting the correct personnel.

Cons

The user experience from the field engineer side using the IPhone app our team has heard a lot of complaints on how the notification is not loud enough and where notifications are not seen. Also where when they press on the accept button it does not always talk back to the software. Our solution to this was to go with a Salesforce integration that uses SMS when dispatch is selected on a case. I do have to note a factor on why this may be happening - our engineers are not always in great cell zones given we work in hospitals and x-ray rooms.

Marcus B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

This software has changed the way we schedule and run our daily routes.

Pros

We implemented this software in our scheduling and it has drastically cut down on our field teams travel times. Very helpful.

Cons

There are a lot of forms to fill out to get the software running correctly. 6 months in and we still are battling some bugs.

Davesh M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Best software I have used to submit timesheets

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

I have realized the benefit of being able to submit my timesheet with ease every week, without mistakes and have never have had a holdup with the payroll division.

Pros

Ease to submit timesheet, all options and stage that the timesheet is in are clear and it is tough to submit a timesheet in error

Cons

The GUI could be refreshed to be a little more modern, the theme is a little outdated and is basically an eye store.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

field service

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

able to get to know the customer well on a different level

Cons

a lot of service errors and can be very slow