PayPal Commerce Platform Reviews

Gary
Gary

Good payment processor

Reviewed on 2021/11/04

Undoubtedly my experience has been good, except for a limitation of my account due to the negligence of a buyer of my company's products. I love using PayPal because it allows me to associate the account in e-commerce service platforms, this makes it easier for consumers to make a payment. At the business level, having this platform is essential.

Pros

I really love this platform for fast and secure payment processing. I like it a lot because you can add bank accounts to withdraw money or send to other users, in addition to credit or debit cards, this makes payments easier. International shipments can be sent at an attractive exchange rate between currencies. This platform is used to pay for services automatically and keep accounts up to date, and has good security to protect both the seller and the buyer of the products.

Cons

I think the commissions are a bit high, especially when shipping internationally. Sometimes payments are withheld as a security measure, this can certainly affect the performance of a secure transaction as it can slow down the process. Account blocks or limitations can be seen very frequently.

Daniel

It's been helpful, but

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

PayPal has been very helpful in setting up payment processing and integrating it with my website. Reporting and payouts are simple and easy. This product is just incredibly helpful.

Pros

PayPal is extremely easy to use for payment gateways, invoicing, and taking donations through my nonprofit organization. It is highly intuitive, has good support and community help modules, and has been very responsive when i had problems. I also really appreciate the below-market rate for nonprofit donation processing.

Cons

One feature that would be helpful for a non-profit is having the ability for the donor to pay the processing fees. Other donor software allows tis and it helps to cover costs for small organizations. One other concern is that some of my potential donors chose not to donate because they were unhappy with PayPal's socio-political activism and would not support using this product. When numerous donors tell em this, i need to look for other options.

Square Payments and Stripe

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Commerce Platform

Cornerstone overcharged me, customer service lied to me and nearly every experience I had with them was unpleasant.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Commerce Platform

Greater functionality than other payment processors
Tiffany
  • Industry: Legal Services

Your Pal, PayPal

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

Overall for the minor aches PayPal commerce is a good solution for any size business. There are enough tools to support a range of situations from start ups to enterprises all from a familiar brand that has the reputation to back it's products while offering customer comfort and satisfaction.

Pros

Just like a childhood friend or some comfort food, PayPal is a trusted, reliable partner to cover all your businesses financial needs. It's feature friendly platform is easy to follow and intuitively grows we with your business.

Cons

If by chance a problem does arise, it's a bit of a hassle getting in touch with customer service. There's a thorough questioning done, which can troubleshoot a lot of common issues, but it's a pain if you just want to get straight to a representative.

Alejandro
Alejandro
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Paypal Commerce Platform

Reviewed on 2022/01/21

My experience with Paypal's e-commerce platform has been good, it has provided more solutions than drawbacks.
Thanks to this platform we can receive payments online.
At this time there are many platforms of this type, but I still think that Paypal is the safest and most reliable.
No matter what device is used, the experience with the paypal platform is always pleasant.

Pros

It is a payment gateway that facilitates electronic commerce, is widely used (more than 200 countries), and turns out to be very safe for the consumer. I really like that it allows you to use your paypal balance or credit or debit card, or a mixture of both methods to make a purchase.
The payment gateway can be integrated with all kinds of websites, it is well known and used.
This payment gateway for electronic commerce is a practical and fast way to start receiving payments on our website.
And it is very easy to use. Excellent!

Cons

In my opinion it has few disadvantages.
It can be difficult to integrate the payment gateway with a website. In our case and at the time, we had to hire a technician or specialist to do it, we couldn't do it.
We have also noticed that the commissions that PayPal receives are a little higher than other payment gateways.
And finally, what has caused us the most problem is that we cannot transfer the funds from our paypal account to a bank account. For most Latin American countries, Paypal does not allow it.

Waldo
Waldo
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Seamless Online Integration

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Our experience has been positive from the start. During the setup phase the PayPal support team were always on hand, and never seemed to rush through any of the steps. They constantly upgrade in the background, and add useful features that make working it easier in the long run. The platform also delivers on every promise and integrates across all online applications where we use it.

Pros

Firstly, PayPal is synonymous with integrity, security and ease-of-mind online transacting. This software therefore offers our customers a stability that reflects well on our own company. The features for the backend user are multiple, and PayPal has really thought about any and every eventuality.

Cons

Initially the backend takes time to get used to, and to place that framework within your own workflow. But once the backend is understood, management becomes really easy. Much of it is not intuitive if one does not have some accounting background, but even so, any user can familiarize themselves quickly.

Brian
Brian
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

If they click away, they get away...

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

PayPal is an easy platform for new businesses to use and get paid for their goods and services. Fees are very reasonable, transfers of available funds from your PayPal account into your bank are free and lightning quick (for me it is either ACH transfer for free and in the account in the morning, or they send it through my debit card, 1% fee, but instant deposit to my checking account). When starting a business there is already a vast array of critical components all vying for your attention and dollars, so start off at least with PayPal for simple ease of use. Add PayPal Checkout to your checkout page as a payment option and voila you even have a built-in financing system customers may opt to use via their PayPal Credit Account - an account that is rather easy to qualify for as well and offers financing deals so you don't have to! This gives them every reason to go ahead and just do it - and you just made another sale.

Pros

PayPal Checkout is an easy way to offer another very popular payment option to that all important checkout page on your website. Keep them on task, checking out, and you making that sale, so they don't meander off your page and end up making their purchase elsewhere.

Cons

This method does on some devices limit consumer choice for their PayPal to charge the account they want, i.e. limit on number of cards displayed and/or limiting ability to add a new payment method without going to PayPal's site.

Alison

Secure

Reviewed on 2023/07/06

Pros

I feel safer using PayPal for online purchases, especially if it's somewhere I will only order once from. I had an issue with a company recently that would not adjust an order, and PayPal refunded immediately. They always alert when a purchase has been made as well.

Cons

I wish all online shops would allow to use PayPal for payment.

Ashley
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Paypal makes sense

Reviewed on 2023/07/08

Paypal has made running the financial part of my business souch easier. Give it a try.

Pros

You can send and receive payments from anywhere. Does loans runs business money solutions. Paypal is absolutely amazing. Makes so many tasks easy to use in one place.

Cons

Nothing to dislike about PayPal it's amazing.

Elena
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for Payment purposes!

Reviewed on 2023/12/03

Pros

Paypal is a great commerce platform for making payments to different companies, small business owners and has a great customer service team. Appears secure.

Cons

Sometimes there may be extra charges depending on what credit card is used.

joanne
  • Industry: Automotive

paypal

Reviewed on 2023/07/31

Pros

paypal is a large trusted platform that everyone recognises

Cons

have not found anything that I don't like yet

Virginia

Perfect.. with only 2 exceptions

Reviewed on 2021/07/03

I trust PayPal 100%: If I need help, they're there. I've been scammed by a shady merchant, and they've gotten my money back from them. I feel like they are making things easier for online business owners like me, because lord knows we have enough obstacles to deal with!

Pros

What I love out about PayPal is that I can feel safe sending a new manufacturer money, knowing that they will protect me if something goes wrong, which it has. They have FANTASTIC customer care and just about everything I need as an online business owner, and I feel comfortable using every feature, which I did not feel using other commerce platforms in the past. PayPal has become my go to place for purchasing samples, inventory, invoicing, payment processing, rebates, and just about everything e-com related.

Cons

There are only two things I would say are inconvenient about using PayPal for my commerce: 1.) It's kind of a pain when you have to change an address. You have to go through several different tabs and change everything manually, as well as each and every business card, however, it could just be that I am not aware of a faster way. 2.) Using it on my sales funnels forces the buyer to login with each upsell. I have one funnel that has 3 different one time offers, and if they choose to do all 3, they would have to log in 4 times. This could also be due to the sales funnel platform though, so it may not specifically just be PayPal.

Obrian
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

I love PayPal

Reviewed on 2022/01/09

My overall experience with PayPal is great despise that annoying checkout issue but it’s good it do what it needs to do

Pros

What I love most about PayPal is that it’s really simple easy to use money transfer service you get cash instantly and you can transfer direct to bank account with any fees if your willing to wait once your not doing the transfer on holidays or weekends the money tends to reach the account fast I love that or if your an impatient person you can do an immediate transfer which the fee is not all that bad and what I really love about it that you can even request checks from PayPal how cool is that if your a off the grid kind of person lol

Cons

What I really don’t like about PayPal which I think they should fix is that sometimes when am sending money to it’s not showing my card details or it’s telling me to link my card which is already link I find that really annoying some times I have to wait a day before I can send the funds I think they needs to work on that

Muhammad Adil
Muhammad Adil
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

PayPal Commerce Platform

Reviewed on 2021/07/13

Integration of PayPal with any platform is very easy. Very quick funds transfer into your account. Good community support available.

Pros

It is one of the highly trusted platform in the industry. It has one of the best invoicing features. For NGOs and nonprofit organizations it has cheap rates.

Cons

Very expensive payment solution for international payments. High chargeback fee. Sometimes if your money is stuck in between then very hard to resolve it.

morad
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

''The best online payment systems with flexibility and smoothness''

Reviewed on 2022/01/05

Through my experience with this Paypal system, I consider it one of the necessary tools for working and communicating with customers, as it provides you with many free services that facilitate your trading and purchasing operations via the Internet.

Pros

It enables you to trade financially with friends and customers and offers you serious solutions to many problems that you may encounter with the rest of the other banking packages. It is considered one of the easiest and most secure banking systems.

Cons

I have one problem with this system, which I consider a point that must be overcome is the delay in transferring money from this system to my bank balance, as it is possible that the payment processes may be delayed for up to a week

Dinesh
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

My Bitter Experience with PayPal

Reviewed on 2022/03/06

I am using PayPal to manage my business income and expenses. While I need to pay a big amount, I always ask the seller for a split payment which is convenient for me.

Pros

Best for receiving and sending money for business purposes. It is easy to send invoices or money requests through email addresses. And the appealing feature that I feel about the PayPal Commerce Platform is split payment.

Cons

PayPal has some limitations in some countries like Nepal. Paypal has the send-only option in Nepal, because of this we are not able to receive funds on a Paypal account registered in Nepal. This restriction forces us to get help from friends from abroad where PayPal is fully accessible.

Evandro
  • Industry: Information Services

Best Payment System in the World

Reviewed on 2022/04/22

I currently use it more for payments for international services, I still use it very little, but I intend to use it a lot, as it is the pioneering software for online payments. It is the most accepted worldwide and the best known. I even use it to make online payments, as it is very reliable. I recommend this software without fear

Pros

With certainty is the ease of registration and ease of use, as the most used and known payment software worldwide.

Cons

The only thing lacking in my humble opinion is the ease with which in Brazil the competitor has Pagseguro or Mercado Livre to be able to pay in installments. I could think of this at least for users in Latin America

Juan

Game changer

Reviewed on 2021/07/04

Pros

Paypal offers a secure way to pay on different platforms. You can pay or transfer money wherever and whenever you want.
For example, you can instantly deposit on your favorite gaming site or store in stores. The best thing is that you can forget about giving your credit card numbers and security codes.

Cons

It needs to improve in terms of time, many times the waiting time for a refund is very long and the customer service response is not the best.

Tanya

Paypal Checkout

Reviewed on 2019/11/16

Pros

It allows customers to feel confident their personal and financial information will remain secure when making purchases using PayPal Checkout. This means they will usually spend more. It also makes it easier to issue refunds to customers when necessary.

Cons

We really haven’t had many problems with PayPal Checkout, except rare occasions when it’s takes payments a little longer to process.

Fast and Easy Checkout

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

I have implemented PayPal checkout on an e-commerce website and it was easy to add in and it has worked great since then.

Pros

Paypal is widely accepted and it's very easy to from customer standpoint. You just have to log in and Paypal takes care of everything else like shipping address, credit card details, and currency conversation.

One of the biggest advantages is that you can keep balance in your PayPal account and you can use that any websites which accept PayPal.

From the developer perspective, it couldn't have been any easier to integrate PayPal checkout.
The documentation is very well documented and a lot of examples in various languages.

Cons

The customer service is very terrible, at-least through email. I have contacted them once and it took them a week to resolve the issue. The agent didn't even read the issue I was having and they just sent me links to resolve the issue which was completely unrelated to the issue I was having.

Ful
  • Industry: Accounting

Paypal review

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

My overall experience as an Africa Cameroonian user is not very good since Cameroon is restricted from many features on paypal

Pros

It is one of the most used payment option worldwide

Cons

Most countries in Africa are restricted from sending money money but can only receive. Using PayPal in Africa is really a concern to many people including myself

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Easy to use and safe platform to transfer money.

Reviewed on 2021/06/03

I will continue using PayPal as long as no better platform.

I will continue using PayPal as long as no better platform.

Pros

The fee is a reasonable and trustworthy platform for shopping online. I have been using PayPal for years for my business and personal use. I like that now it takes less time to transfer money from PayPal to my bank and is no fee.

Cons

Instant transfer not available in Thailand yet. I am waiting for that feature will be available in my country. It would be amazing if I can immediately receive the money immediately.

Works well with website integration, with one minor drawback

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

It's overall a good platform and one that I would recommend. But if your customers are more impulse-based and you're worried about a dropoff at checkout, other platforms are likely better to allow them to enter their credit card, place the order, and move on with their day.

Pros

It's so easy to plug into a site! I'm a graphic and web designer; and when it comes to web design, I work exclusively in WordPress. Integrating PayPal checkout into a website is SO quick and easy, and great for sites where the client wants to be up and running, like, yesterday.

Cons

The major drawback for me was that it wasn't as streamlined and user-friendly as platforms like Stripe. This is great for places like nonprofits and community groups that want to accept credit cards quickly and want to use their PayPal account. But I've found it to be a little more difficult for the user who has their credit card in-hand and is ready to pay.

Mohammed El amine
  • Industry: Computer Games

Wonderful program

Reviewed on 2021/05/23

nothing, I like everything on paypal .

nothing, I like everything on paypal .

Pros

efficient and flexible in normal times, it is even more so in times of crisis.
The service allows you to carry out online transactions without having to provide your bank details. ... The platform also offers to settle any disputes between a buyer and a seller.

Cons

PayPal is a frequent target of scams and therefore carries certain risks. The greatest risk arises from reusing passwords or login information between PayPal and other websites.

Andrew
Andrew
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A common and effective option

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

I've had nothing but positive experiences with PayPal. As a regular contributor to user experiences, it's a great way to get paid and spend money.

Pros

PayPal's widespread use by e-commerce retailers is by far its greatest asset. From purchasing from small start up companies to using it with major vendors like Starbucks and Bestbuy. It's a great way to pay for things without pulling out your credit/debit card.

Cons

My only issue is with its selection of gift cards that can be purchased and the lack of features in Canada that are available in other countries (buying crypto-currency directly through the app).

• Industry: Consumer Services

Helps with daily tasks

Reviewed on 2023/05/19

I love PayPal and use it daily it’s great for sending and receiving money and invoices and things

Pros

That you can send and receive different types of currency

Cons

That they throw security flags easy and it may be hard to send money at times