Fundraise Up

AI-assisted fundraising platform for nonprofits

Cäcille E.

The best donation software and support teams out there – with fabulous leadership. ;)

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Overall I was suspicious but optimistic. I'm so glad that Maria, on a whim, decided to go with this platform, even if it put a lot of pressure on me to figure it out at the time.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the adaptability it has. We've been able to increase the revenue of our crowdsourcing campaigns, as well as our general fundraising.

Cons

Um.. nothing?!

The only thing really is lack of integration with our database, but that's not their fault whatsoever.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you for your kind comments! We love working with your organization. We do have more CRM integrations on our roadmap, so stick with us! :)

Betsy S.

Donors love it

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

Pros

We are in the business of bringing joy to our donors. Some (including a Board Member who is herself in Development) have actually reached out to us to tell us how much they enjoyed the checkout process. And I am confident we are raising more money thanks to the intelligent features: visual cues to nudge the donor to give monthly, suggested giving amounts, customizable checkout questions (about 30% of donors are telling me how they discovered us and why they are giving), integration with Double the Donation makes it SO easy for the donor to indicate an employer match (we've gone from 0 matches to 32, and some of those are recurring gifts!), the ability to filter and search for all of this data SO easily. It's a joy to use! At first we got FundraiseUp as an integration when we migrated to Kindful (which has integrations with Mail Chimp and DonorSearch - wouldn't you like to see the donor's wealth screening right in his or her profile?) but I never imagined how much we would love it. Make yourself and your donors happy...and Kindful is now merging with Bloomerang, which has the best education platform for fundraisers (IMO).

Cons

Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] balked at first at the 3% fee, but we managed to convince him that the ROI would be positive - and it is. 84% of our donors have covered the fees. You can't put a price on making donors happy. It is the foundation of donor retention. Period!

Response from Fundraise Up

Hi Betsy! Thanks so much for the opportunity to partner with Daily Table. I'm happy to learn you're having a great experience with Fundraise Up :) And thanks for sharing your gift matching numbersfantastic!

Ryan A.

Best fundraising software for nonprofits - period!

Reviewed on 2021/01/04

One word: iconic.

Pros

Fundraise Up is extremely versatile and can be used in a VARIETY of use cases. With elements, you can essentially utilize MANY engaging fundraising tactics from one easy to use dashboard. If you're looking for a platform - look no further. Fundraise Up is the absolute best - especially since there are no monthly fees!

Cons

Perhaps a native integration with Mailchimp so that emails can be sent/tracked from/to Mailchimp would be incredible. We also use Bloomerang as our CRM - which easily integrates with Fundraise Up. The routine issue has just been trying to log our emails automatically from Mailchimp to our audience, and then back to Bloomerang.

Response from Fundraise Up

Ryan! So happy to read that you and the dream:success team are enjoying the versatility of the platform. Thanks for the opportunity to partner with you.

Nic

B michael M.

Our donation amounts SOARED!

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

My organization's donations have soared. A significant percent of our donors contribute at the recommended level, and the vast majority elect to cover fees which means my organization gets 100% of their donation. It also made monthly recurring donations incredibly easy, and many of our small dollar donors have elected to go monthly to maximize their total annual giving.

Pros

I am NOT a tech-savvy user, so the ease of use was extremely important to me. It was easy to set up, easy to add a pop-up to our website, easy to link to our bank, and easy to use on a daily basis to pull the information I need; also, it works great on PC or mobile device.

Cons

That my database software does not link directly to it, so information would be automatically added to my database.

Response from Fundraise Up

B Michael, thanks for the review! We're stoked that your online revenue has soared. It's exactly what we set out to do! You rock.

Shannon K.

Our experience with Fundraise Up has been wonderful!

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

We migrated to FundraiseUp from a huge all-in-one system that was giving us problems. As a small, two-person development team without a coder on staff, we weren't able to manually customize our old forms and they just felt archaic. With Fundraise Up, their entire system is customizable and easy to use by the layperson. We just went through our first #GivingTuesday with FundraiseUp and increased our online revenue by 72%. I'd love to believe this is because of my hard work and expertise, but I've got to give lots of credit to the platform!

Pros

There are so many things we love about Fundraise Up, it will be hard to list them all here. I love the customizable URLs, the ease of use, the data-driven suggested donation amounts, and the ability to customize. Setup was *extremely* easy and it's simple to duplicate campaigns. The help desk is always quick to respond and really helpful.

Cons

I can't think of much that we don't like about Fundraise Up. We've encountered a couple of challenges along the way, but their folks have been tremendously helpful.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you for your review! Much appreciated.

For the big bump in Giving Tuesday numbers, we can split the credit. ;)

You're organization is amazing and what you do for the animals on NYC is amazing. Thank you!

Lyle F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A Major Help and Improvement

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Since switching to this platform our giving has increased fourfold and the number of donors covering the processing fee has gone up about 85%.

Pros

We had another option previously that cost much more and had less support

Cons

Nothing really. Might have more features, but I haven't looked to learn all it can do.

Response from Fundraise Up

Lyle - we're so happy to hear that your nonprofit has seen a huge increase in online giving! This is exactly what we set out to do every day. Thank you and we're here when you want to learn more about the features. :)

Allison G.

Awesome product!

Reviewed on 2020/04/04

Pros

We have used several other platforms yet we never found one that we were completely satisfied with. The functionality and ease of use on the backside and the consumer side is great.

Cons

It is a tad more complicated to integrate into our current website than we anticipated but the helpdesk and instructions are very helpful.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you! We're glad to be working with your nonprofit.

Robin S.

So far so good

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

so far so good. We are learning what to do and how to use the software.

Pros

I like the way we can personalize the emails to our donors and change them as often as we like. I love that it is integrated with Bloomerang.

Cons

the daily report is very slim - no details about the donation or the donor. Not very useful without digging deeper.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thanks for your honest review, Robin! Regarding the daily report, this is intended to be a summary overview. Please be sure to opt-in for individual donation emails that contain ALL details for each donation.

Robert T.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A donor experience unlike any other.

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Pros

The most impactful feature is the giving portal. It does not require a login (no backend maintenance for us to manage for our donors) and is simple and intuitive for our donors.

Cons

We're still early on with Fundraise Up. So far, it has exceeded our expectations.

Response from Fundraise Up

So glad you're finding value in our Donor Portal. It took us some time to release this, but we only release our features when we feel we've absolutely nailed it. Thank you for allowing us to work with you all!

Mary kate M.

Great Fundraising Option for Non-Profits

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

We use Fundraise Up to solicit donations at my non-profit. We had previously used a different option that took donors to a third-party page, and many people don't end up completing their gift. Having Fundraise Up right on the site has helped us increase our donations.

Pros

very quick and easy to set up, easy customization to make it match your website, makes the donation process simple, customer support is great

Cons

haven't found anything I don't like about it, yet

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you so much for your review, Mary Kate! We're happy to help RMMFI wherever possible to increase online giving.

Max K.

Excellent Fundraising Platform!

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Overall I/our organization has had a great experience.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and I really like that you can create and run different campaigns at the same time. I also really like the way it automatically gives you suggestions for amounts as well as suggests the option to become a monthly donor. The system makes it easy to customize with ready-made card/templates and it's very streamlined. I also really like their incentive-based fee structure and the fact that there is no monthly or annual fee and Fundraise Up only makes money if you do! Overall it's a great fundraising platform with $0 overhead and I highly recommend it!

Cons

There's no option to include VIDEO! This is a huge minus and the main reason I didn't give 5 stars. Also, the amount of text you can add with a picture is very limited. It would be WAY better if there was a MUCH higher character/word count to be able to effectively communicate everything you/your organization would like to to potential donors.

Response from Fundraise Up

Hi Max! Thanks for sharing your review of Fundraise Up. I'm really happy to see that you're pleased with the AI and machine learning capabilities of the platform. Our goals are aligned with yours and I'm excited to see how we can help Rhythmic Mind grow this year.

I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on including video. Here's a great study by NextAfter on the conversion impact of video on a donation page. It addresses some of our concerns with implementing a feature that might reduce donations for your nonprofit: https://bit.ly/38zN92a

Thanks for the opportunity to partner with you and your team!

Nic

Nic M.

Incredible turnkey fundraising software for any organziation

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

I've had a stellar experience with the Fundraise Up product and team. The software is robust, intuitive, and the perfect fit for any online donation workflow, and the Fundraise Up team is responsive, encouraging, and truly dedicated to ensuring their customers get the most out of the platform.

Pros

The primary selling point for Fundraise Up is that it provides an optimized donor checkout experience, and they nail this. But the optimization doesn't stop at checkout. For platform admins, navigating Fundraise Up's dashboard is a breeze and requires little to no onboarding education. This is huge for small teams that don't have dedicated IT support and still a bonus for large organizations because the intuitive user experience saves time and staves-off frustration. You can literally get up and running with Fundraise Up in minutes and feel confident about navigating transactions, payment processors, and other records from the start. I have yet to find these qualities in another piece of online fundraising software.

Cons

My first thought when creating an initial checkout experience with Fundraise Up was that I wanted more customization with design elements and colors so I could better match the experience to my client's branding. Here's a huge selling point for Fundraise Up: they have incredible support for their product. I emailed my contact at the company and they shared their development roadmap with me and it includes EXACTLY what I want to accomplish with customization, and it's launching soon. So even though what I want isn't available just yet, I appreciate the fast-paced development schedule for Fundraise Up and am excited to try new features as they become available.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thanks for your review and kind words! Yes, some parts of the checkout we need to "lock down" to protect conversion rates for User/Donor Experience. For example, we need to make sure there is proper color contrast to maintain our WCAG AA 2.1 accessibility rating. While our roadmap will allow for more customizations, some things will always be guided and "locked" based on experiments with our data for what raises the most revenue.

Thank you again!

Alexa M.

Just What We Needed!

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

We were transitioning from a platform we loved but was too expensive and it was a seamless transition. The team was attentive and ensured we were knowledgable on all the capabilities of the platform. We've seen a tremendous increase in donations using this tool and with the added features like tributes, company match, etc. those make donors return as well.

Pros

The dashboard is the most user-friendly and I REALLY like the machine learning capabilities which helps us with higher conversion on donations. I also love the company match program which has helped increase our matched donations.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more detail in the dashboard when you select a certain time frame - being able to see details on daily donations up front would be helpful.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you, Alex! "Tremendous increase in donations" is what gets us excited every day. Thank you so much for your comments! We have advanced reporting coming out in the next year which will give you SO MUCH more insight and detail.

Vanessa T.

Fundraise Up Delivers

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

I was a bit skeptical that Fundraise Up would be able to deliver the bang for the buck they promised. Well, they over delivered. We saw an immediate increase in donations. Our donors love the platform. I love it because it helps us tell the story, not just make asks. The team at Fundraise Up was there for us right from the start, carefully listening and giving us exactly what we need. Months later, we still get that "first date" experience. They hold our hand whenever we need it and turn around new work quickly.

Pros

The interface is stellar and the customer service is second to none. I love how easy it is to onboard and we never feel lost - 1 phone call is all it takes when we need assistance.

Cons

There is nothing not to love about Fundraise up software. It's a great platform, with a great team standing behind it.

Response from Fundraise Up

We hear the "skeptical" thing a lot -- so glad we were able to not only deliver, but over-deliver for you. We'll keep doing our best, because we know you are doing your best to do great things for this world. THANK *YOU*

Jeffrey S.

First Impressions of Setting up donate pages

Reviewed on 2020/07/18

Excellent designed program

Pros

Ease of use and very creative the logic behind the application software.

Cons

Have not found anything that I did not like. Perhaps a few areas where the user could customize more the appeal and donation form.

Response from Fundraise Up

Jeff, thanks for this great review! We will be rolling out more customizations soon, but always protecting the parts that would/could impact donor conversion rate. Anything we restrict is for our mutual benefits. We appreciate your feedback!

Marc I.

You da bestest!

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Very happy with the platform. It was easy to implement and is easy to use. Sal and team have been absolutely fantastic and very responsive even with some "interesting" requests sent by my org.

Pros

The first thing I noticed and really enjoyed was the speed. Once we got further into the testing process, I realized how easy it was to add a form to a page. It's honestly been a blast to use.

Cons

Nothing really jumps out at me but I do not deal much with the backend or financial integration so I can't speak on that.

Response from Fundraise Up

We appreciate your review! Thank you for your time, Marc.

Abby C.

FundraiseUp makes taking donations seamless

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

It just makes taking donations on our website seamless and user friendly.

Pros

I love the donor interface that allows people to choose one-time gifts or monthly. I also love that people are reminded if they do not complete a donation, to ensure maximum ROI.

Cons

I can't find any yet. SUPER excited that P2P is coming!!

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you for your review Abby -- your organizations mission is something we need, and the new movie released is fantastic. We all watched it and were moved. We love what we do here supporting your mission.

Katie S.

Ease of using Fundraise Up

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Pros

I am impressed with the ease of using this software compared to what our organization was previously using. I am still getting the hang of this new software, but I can already tell that using Fundraise Up will make my job easier!

Cons

I am still very new to this software. So far I have no complaints.

Response from Fundraise Up

We're so glad to have you all with us -- thank you for your feedback! Now to decide what to do with your extra time saved... :)

Erin B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

We couldn't have done it with them.

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

In a time of great difficulty, we've had to think outside the box for school fundraising. This is what brought us to FundraiseUp. The software was fantastic and the result was even better, but the real hero of the process is the customer service. I had [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she 100% was the deciding factor on why I chose FundraiseUp for our biggest school fundraiser of the year. I'm so glad I did and I literally can't sing her praises enough. Thanks to her hard work, warmth, and patience with me our elementary school brought in a very large amount of money in the middle of a pandemic. FundraiseUp and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] saved us this year.

Pros

The software was so easy to use, even for someone like myself who is not the greatest with such things. It was easy to set up, easy for donors to navigate, and all the information I needed on the backend was right there for me.

Cons

There were a couple tiny issues I told my FundraiseUp rep about, moreso me trying to give constructive criticism than any real problem. So tiny, for example like when Grandma leaves a message with her donation, it should be easier for the child to see it. Silly stuff, but FundraiseUp will probably fix it, because that's how great they are.

Michelle H.

FANTASTIC

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Pros

Fundraise Up is such an amazing tool that makes it easy for our supporters to give with whatever payment method they choose, and makes it easy to track and report on donations coming in. I absolutely love the features and elements, and I believe our donors love them too!

Cons

The only snag we ran into is due to our internal structuring, but the support we received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made it really easy to move forward.

Response from Fundraise Up

Michelle, thanks so much for sharing your feedback. I'm glad you're having a great experience with Fundraise Up. Sal and Casey are the best!

Liz K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

pricey but easy

Reviewed on 2020/07/18

Pros

People find it easy to use and it has an attractive and simple design

Cons

People are put off by the expense. I have had people email me and say they don't want to donate online because of the cost. As a small non-profit, we previously used a free software that was not as simple or visual, but avoided hefty fees.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you for your review, Liz! As you likely are aware, we are 100% performance-based pricing. We don't earn unless you do. Taking a look at your account we see over 85% of donations have all fees (ours and credit card) covered, meaning it's paid for itself *and* most of your credit card fees (which otherwise would have been out-of-pocket). Best-in-class tech can cost a bit more, but *must* pull its weight, which we hope we are doing for your organization. Tip: Be sure to make the "cover fees" optional if you have a sensitive donor base! :)

Matthew B.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Its Changed The Game For Donation Platforms!

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

By making the donor experience cleaner and more intuitive, we have found a big increase in donor activity and retention. The fact that donors can also update their own payment methods and amounts via their own dashboard has taken the workload off our fundraising team to focus on engaging donors in other areas.

Pros

The incredibly simple setup is the first notable thing. Then the ability to use donation elements in such a flexible manner across our website, online store, social media posts, EDM's and even email signatures makes this a stand out feature. Creating campaigns is also a really simple process, however the ability to tailor each campaign on a micro level is brilliant. For the admin / IT department, Fundraise Up has integrations prebuilt for the stripe payment gateway, Double the Donation, as well as the option for data to be pushed into Kindful, sales force etc for CRM management. Zapier can also be integrated to achieve anything not prebuilt which is a snap to use. The dashboard for the donor management gives really clear and concise information with simple reporting that also be exported via CSV if needed. For marketers, it allows you to track insights such as UTM codes which is invaluable.
Lastly the use of the donation app from a users perspective is brilliant and looks at the process at a way that makes it incredibly simple for the donor to give without bloated forms, while still allowing for options such as tributes, employer, anonymous donations, cover fees and a range of other features. In short it just works right out of the box exactly how you need it too. The team at Fundraise Up are proactive and making enhancements continually and their support is A+

Cons

After a few months of active use we have no issues.

Response from Fundraise Up

Matthew, thank you so much for your feedback! We much appreciate it. We're glad you're finding the new approach to be working for your organization on so many levels. You all have an amazing mission, and cutting-edge tech adopters to boot. Cheers!

Patrick G.

The BEST by Far

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

We have raised over $340,000 using Fundraiser Up since Dec 19, 2020
. We haven't even hit the 1 year mark yet. All of this with almost 90-92% of the donation fee being covered by the donor.

Pros

Fundraise Up solves the most valuable problem for Nonprofits and the brand experience. Providing a donor experience that seamlessly integrates with your brand. Most donation platforms have a generic styled form or require you to break the donor funnel to redirect to their platform. But, Fundraiser Up allows you to break down donor experiences all the way down to the element.

Cons

I can't say I've found a dislike, every time I start wondering what else can we do they launch a new feature.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thanks so much for your detailed review. It's particularly rewarding because as you say, you've worked with all the options out there so you have a professional context for the value we strive to bring to our customersand yours. Thanks!

Sarah R.

Great Overall Product, Bumpy Transition

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Once we got past the transition from our old system to Fundraise Up we have loved it! It accomplishes many of the goals we were hoping to accomplish with the adoption of Fundraise Up. We love the personalized experience we can give our donors, we love the payment options, the tracking, the integration with our database. Lot's of great things all around. If the transition would have been a better experience I would be giving Fundraise Up a 5 star recommendation as opposed to the overall 4 star recommendation.

Pros

I love that it's donor targeted! The smart features like the increase donation suggestions are great. Of course, one of the best features is that it gives our donors the option to cover the credit card processing fee. We see lots of new donors who are willing to do this and that is a financial burden off of us! Makes every donation go a little further.

Cons

The transition wasn't well communicated from the very start. I don't feel like the Fundraise Up team had a good idea of our current system and they made some assumptions that cost us a lot of time and confusion for our donors. It was a mess to undo and really could have been avoided if the FRU team had asked better questions. At the end of the day, we don't know their system so we don't know what questions that need to be asked to make sure the transition goes smoothly. In my opinion, it's Fundraise Up's responsibility to make sure they have everything they need. They didn't do a good job of that so our transition was really rough. On top of that, we were pitched a very simplistic version of the transition process so we had false expectations going into it. Again, something that could have been avoided with better communication.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thanks for your review, Sarah! We're so glad things are going well. Yes, the transition and migration process wasn't so straightforward. I think we all learned a few things to check and double-check for this kind of process, especially when working with so many accounts, subaccounts, multiple previous platforms, and many bank accounts. All things considered, I think we all did the best we could. We support Refuge for Women and applaud the work you all do to help so much others.

Aurelia P.

Perfect donor software

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Pros

Very easy interface to set up and operate. The software is the best that I found after trialing and researching several other Fundraising platforms on the market. Fundraise Up is the answer to raising the max amount of funds from all generations - I no longer feel like I am going to risk losing a donor because of long, outdated forms that want so much information in order to give money. The millennials and gen z will feel engaged because of the capabilities to also use Google and Apple Pay. There is literally no one left behind in the design of this software. I am very happy with this company and will be recommending you for years to come.

Cons

Not having the ability to build a campaign page that doesn't have to be built and hosted on my own website.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you, Aurelia! We're thankful for your review. Note that our lack of campaign pages is intentional as campaign pages that send donors off your website tend to not perform as well as a campaign page on your website. We want the donor to see *your* organization and mission -- not an external page. The data supports that it's good for fundraising outcomes. All that said, we completely understand that having a whole page done for you would be make things much faster. We hope our Elements features (more coming soon) will help make this even better.