PayPal Invoicing

Free online invoice creation and sending

• Used Other for 2+ years

Instrumental in Early Stage B2B Company

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

We used paypal invoicing options to grow revenues 60% y/y starting in 2011.
We also used the invoicing buy new and subscription buttons to test licensing and payment options for a variety of in-house products and services. It was incredibly useful to be able to make changes quickly, put them in production to measure the results. A big part of this is that anyone could market a new product and begin testing, without having to schedule developer resources to process payments.

Pros

Allows us to quickly monetize new offerings and new product variations
Many different charging and payment options available
Attractive fee structure
Easy to setup and manage
Appropriate for b2b transactions where aesthetics are less significant.

Cons

Somewhat Limited Customization - to create a buying experience that doesn't feel you're "inside" of paypal is not trivial (and now is easier to do with other offerings).
While the Paypal api has improved recently, it's still not as flexible as stripe, aws fps or aws devpay.

One of my favorite Feature of PayPal

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Clean, simple, and straightforward to use and when you get paid it goes right to your account.

Pros

I love that it is ingratiated to your Paypal account. It's free, which is great. No frills, but really do you need any?

Cons

I really don't have any negatives to say about PayPal invoicing. It's not fancy and I don't have a large number of invoices to send so I don't know how difficult it would be to batch invoices.

Eleni M.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy to use .

Reviewed on 2019/10/19

I run a small shop and searched and search for a way to send invoices and save products for easy Invoicing. I finally found PayPal and haven't looked back. I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease and I hav Had zero issues with it so far!

Pros

I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease .

Cons

The set up in the app is a little confusing at first but once you get used to isn't it's really not an issue.

Briann H.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Best thing ever

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

I love PayPal and have used PayPal for over 5+ years for my business. Even when I tried new stuff I always made my way back to PayPal.

Pros

I love the fact that I can create and save templates for invoicing. I have several different templates saved for different services. I also love the fact that I can use this platform on my phone as well. Makes creating invoices a breeze. Also the option now to add a tip on the invoice and minimum payment as well.

Cons

There is nothing really to complain about with this invoicing app. Its easy to use.

Suprisingly flexible invoicint tools

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Just saw the option one day by pure chance, tested it and it worked great. I immediately got out of Quickbooks after.

Pros

Before PayPal I was paying for Quickbooks. Then I found PayPal Invoicing which has all the features I need, it's easier to use and it's free.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like. My use case is pretty simple: create invoice, send invoice, mark invoice as paid. Maybe a more demanding user would have something to complain about.

Leslie Q.
  • Industry: Design

Only One Flaw

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

I use paypal for products and design services. I love being able to easily add items, discounts, and tax to the invoice. I would like to see an option to add a percentage markup on each item, and I would like to give the customer the option to pay via paypal, but be required to pay the additional fees.

Pros

I love the ease of use, knowing where my clients are with their payments, and am very happy with the overall design of the invoicing tool.

Cons

I wish there was a way to defer the fees to the client if they choose to pay online. I don't have a very high profit margin, and because I'm hit with fees, I would prefer the clients pay via check or cash.

Alisha B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great for online business!

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

I personally enjoy it, I feel fully protected as a seller of goods and feel like the customer support is string and I can turn to them with any questions or concerns.

Pros

PayPal Invoicing is pretty easy to use and they have great service if there is an error. Once you apply an email if they are a registered PayPal user the address of whom you are invoicing will pop up making room for less error when shipping products, also you remain protected in the event a buyer has an incorrect or non updated address. PayPal allows both the seller and buyer to be protected as their customer service is typically very good when there is an issue and a case needs to be open. As an owner of a small online business I typically will only use PayPal invoicing for my transactions as I feel more confident and protected with their services. Their fees are very reasonable in cost and do not limit you much when it comes to expenses, they also have a shipping feature directly through their service that I have found to be for smaller items the best around, as the cost of shipping continues to increase greatly it feels as if PayPal still offers the better deal. With in a period of time using their invoicing services I was offered a debit card which I found to be a great addition to their services, I no longer have to transfer profits in the event I do not want/ need to and can just use the card as a regular card, although their transfer fees are also inexpensive one method continues to be free to transfer your funds. I feel the invoicing is very easy to use and have had zero issues with it to date.

Cons

I do not like the fact that you cannot use it via the application that is not a business account, I have seen a few complaints with other small business owners/ sellers about this. I feel it should be available on all forms of their applications, as not everyone that has enough transactions actually runs/ owns a business, sometimes it is just a one time ordeal.

Paul A.
  • Industry: Accounting

Simple, powerful and mobile invoicing

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

As a Small Business Consultant, Bookkeeping, Full Service Payroll and Income Tax Preparation are just some of the services I provide to small businesses and self-employed independent contractors. I require the ability to invoice my clients in various ways in accordance with the terms and conditions defined in their specific retainer contracts. PayPal Invoicing fits my needs so well that I have chosen to use it instead of invoicing features included in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Wave Accounting, Freshbooks or any other accounting software solution. Best of all, using PayPal Invoicing in conjunction with my PayPal for Business mobile app and PayPal Business Card has enabled me to eliminate the delays in receiving payments from my clients that result from all of those other options.

Pros

Invoices are easy to create, submit and track. Default settings and multiple templates can be configured for easier invoicing and recurring invoices can be setup too.

Get the PayPal for Business mobile app and a PayPal Business Card and you have the absolute quickest process to invoice your clients/customers and receive payment immediately, from anywhere. No more waiting days to receive a deposit into your bank account. As soon as your invoice is paid, you can withdraw the funds from an ATM, request a cash withdrawal and pick it up at your nearest Walmart, or simply pay for goods and services directly with your PayPal Business Card.

Cons

Multiple options for payments terms to choose from, but no custom option available. For example, standard terms like Net 30 available, but no way to enter custom payments terms like Net 5 (nothing fewer than 10 days available).

Ashley J.

PayPal Invoicing made my business transactions simple!

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

My overall experience with PayPal Invoicing has been very satisfying. It has saved me a ton of time in processing invoices and payments with my constantly revolving personal training client contracts.

Pros

What I like most about the PayPal Invoicing software is that I can electronically send an invoice to a personal training client within minutes. I have many clients weekly and they are all on different contracts. There are 2-week, 30 day and 45 day contracts. Therefore, I need to be able to quickly create and send new invoices to clients as their contracts expire. PayPal Invoicing allows me the opportunity to renew invoices from anywhere at any time.

Cons

The only issue I have had with PayPal Invoicing is when I first started using the product, my first client payment was placed on hold for a week, because it was a large amount and they needed to do an additional verification process. That was definitely an inconvenience to my business.

Melissa C.
  • Industry: Publishing

The Only Way To Invoice & Keto Your Business Transactions Organized

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

I love Paypal and I love their invoicing services, I use them pretty much every day and sometimes multiple times a day and it is for sure the only invoicing platform that I like to use.

Pros

I love this service and us it every day! It is a life saver and much preferred over random invoices that I send to reps for payment as the PayPal Invoicing keeps track of my invoices for me and just streamlines the process making it much simpler and easy to keep up with.

Cons

Nothing at all. I love this platform for invoicing and it is my go to as it is super easy to use and is a wonderful addition to the many wonderful services that PayPal provides.

Brett N.
  • Industry: Restaurants

PayPal makes life easier!

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

What I like most about this software is how simple and quick it is to create or send any invoice in seconds right from your phone. I used to spend time I didn’t have creating and sending invoices, but with PayPal invoice I can now use that time for other things!

Pros

What I like most about PayPal invoice is how quick and easy it is to create and send invoices. You have the luxury of doing it right from your phone in seconds.

Cons

One thing that I think PayPal could change about the software is the fee’s within the App. Make it free and so many more people would use it as their primary way for creating invoices!

Pat K.
  • Industry: Photography

Paypal Invoices - great for business!

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Great experience with PayPal invoicing for my business. Easy to set up and use and clients don't need to have a PayPal account to make payments which is a huge plus.

Pros

I have been using PayPal invoicing to send invoices/receive payments for my photography business for a few years now. I really love how easy it is to use compared to other invoicing software like Quickbooks. I also love the fact that most people have used and/or familiar with PayPal so it's trustworthy and a secure way to make payments.

Cons

The least thing I like about this software is the 2.9% translation fee which is a bit higher than Square.

Sonia E.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great to send invoices and It is free too use!

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

My overall experience has been amazing! I really don't have to worry about payments, I just sent them the invoice via e-mail and they pay online. I really recommend it!

Pros

Paypal Online Invoicing is totally free, which is why I love it. It is really easy to use, and you can customize it and make it look really professional. Invoices can be created on any device and sent via e-mail to the customer and in case they prefer the paper invoice , you are allowed to save that invoice as a pdf file to print it.

Cons

I have no complaints or anything I dislike about Paypal invoicing.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Quit the Hassle in Invoicing and Use PayPal

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Top of its class with instant invoicing.

Pros

As a Supply Chain Specialist, I wear many hats and a major part of my responsibilities is billing and invoicing while keeping track of inventory. I have found PayPal Invoicing to be the most convenient way of collecting or sending money with international clients. In an instant, you can receive notifications that payments has been rendered. You can automatically transfer the funds to the bank account with no cost if you prefer one banking day and slight cost if you want it in ten minutes. With Paypal, you are secured and not have to worry about credit cards. I use PayPal for my own personal needs as well.

Cons

The fees for international payments are a bit high and I wish they could lower it. The exchange rates are also iffy and are always obviously in favor of PP, regardless of which way you convert it from/to.

Ashley M.

Great for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2019/11/09

Pros

I use paypal invoicing every day for my business. It's quick and easy to use. It sends the invoice directly to the customer and allows them to pay it directly. If I need to send reminders to the customer, it's a single click to send a reminder to a customer. It's my favorite invoicing system to use. It allows you to edit your invoices as well and update them as needed.

Cons

There aren't many negatives to this. It's intuitive and easy to use.

Joseph S.

We use PayPal Exclusively for Electronic Payments

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

We have been using PayPal since 2011 and have zero complaints except for that noted above in the "cons" section. I have personally recommended as well as setup & configured PayPal for several of my clients.

Pros

Invoicing is so easy to use, we do "one-off" and recurring billing/invoicing for all of our customers thru the PayPal system.

Cons

We are in PayPal on our computers all day long and the 15 minute timeout on the interface can be annoying.

Paypal Invoicing so easy tp use

Reviewed on 2019/07/06

I use this paypal invoicing alot in my trade shows that i do and online when i sell something. It easy way for customers to pay for what they buy.

Pros

This is great program. I highly recommend this to anyone that is in business or a vendor doing shows. Alot of times there are customers who don't have money right away. So i take down information about the customers for paypal invoicing. Paypal invocing is basically sending a bill to the customers to pay for what they bought from you. I love this features. It easy to use and get your money right away. I love this program and i do recommend it highly.

Cons

I don't have anything against or anything to sad bad about this paypal invoicing. I recommend it to anyone. It really worth using this.

Lisa S.

Best for small business

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

My overall experience with PayPal has been nothing but positive. It is perfect to use for small businesses and side jobs.

Pros

How easy it was to use is one of the most positive things with PayPal. Also how quickly the transaction is.

Cons

I would have to say that I least like the charges for business transactions. But I also understand that is how they keep it affordable.

Michael J.
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

PayPal Invoicing

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

besides the customers service, which should be every companies best quality, paypal is awesome.

Pros

you can hook paypal up to streaming app so you can receive donations straight to your paypal account.

Cons

the customer service is extremely slow and terrible with communication

Barbara G.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

PayPal Invoicing Review

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

I love using PayPal Invoicing. I use it on a regular basis and have sent out hundreds of invoices to my clients. If you need to review an invoice, it is easy to do and you can also see when the client paid the invoice in addition to the other invoice details. I highly recommend and trust PayPal Invoicing.

Pros

Invoices are quickly created. They can be edited with ease. You can search invoices. You can send reminders to your clients.

Cons

The invoices are plain and it would be nice to have a few different types of templates to choose from. Maybe, even have the ability to add your logo on the invoice.

Nicole P.

Making Invoicing Easy

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

I've been able to keep track of customers info along with their orders all in one place and with only a few clicks.

Pros

PayPal invoicing is the easiest way to invoice a customer. The easy of finding past invoices is a breeze. A couple clicks and your done. Customers can check their paypal account or if they dont have one their email. Simple fast and hands down the easiest.

Cons

I've only had this happen two times and maybe it want the software but when inputting customers name only and hitting enter it filled everything else in with wrong info.

Amanda W.

Very simple and efficient

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

If you are a small business owner, or dabble in any online selling as a hobby, then Paypal Invoicing is a must. It's cost-effective (Free at time of review posting, minus regular paypal fees), extremely user-friendly, and offers protection to you as a buyer.

Pros

I love the simplicity of this software without compromising quality. Within minutes, I can send out a detailed invoice that automatically calculates all factors for me. In addition, I love how Paypal Invoicing protects both the buyer and the seller.

Cons

There's little I don't like about this software. The only thing I would probably change is to have an option to set up automatic payment reminders at defined intervals.

Amy A.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Pay Pal Invoicing

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

It’s not bad. It’s a nice way to send a receipt to my clients and receive a payment in return. It’s unlike Venmo for example where I send a request for payment and they get detailed info in an email straight from Venmo rather than a customized invoice from me personally.

Pros

I like the option of being able to customize invoices individually. I can add my clients’ names, the date, amount, etc. I like that I can customize the invoice number, too. It’s fairly easy to use. I can access it on my computer or on my phone and any time.

Cons

I don’t like that in order to have my clients sign the invoice and send it back to me, it asks them to pay a fee or have me subscribe to a pay pal plan. I am trying to figure this out.

Joe B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great tool, I just don't like PayPal

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Awesome tool, but it's backed by PayPal, so I don't recommend it.
Use Stripe or Amazon Payments or Shopify.

Pros

Great tool to invoice customers.
Automatic reminders are easy to set up.
It's easy to itemize the invoice to help the customer feel safe.
It's also easy to add discounts.

Cons

PayPal.
PayPal and I have had a tumultuous relationship. If this program was for another payment processor I'd recommend it, but it's not so I don't. Use Stripe or Amazon Payments or Shopify.

Teresa B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

PayPal Invoicing keeping it Simple

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

My over all experience with PayPal invoicing has been great. I have not had any issues at all my customers like it too!

Pros

You can set up you invoices to be recurring or on a certain day. Another awesome feature being able to personalize with your own logo. It will also send out a reminder if the customer has not paid.

Cons

There really was not to much not to like. Maybe the first time I used it. After that it was a breeze!