PayPal Invoicing

Free online invoice creation and sending

4,7
4,6
4,6
4,8
4,4
Akande D.
Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A great invoicing solution for business

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Overall, PayPal invoicing is a great tool that is included with your PayPal business account, meaning there is no annual fee or monthly fee associated with it. It allows you to track on-app and off-app payments as well which is nice.

Pros

PayPal's invoicing offering is exceptionally easy to use and learn. I transitioned from another product to PayPal invoicing and was impressed with the robust features, customizable options and overall performance of the application.

Cons

There are some limitations around payment options and allowing multiple payments on a single invoice. You can make a deposit, but no features or functionality around milestone payments for example, which would be really nice.

Industry: Financial Services

Instrumental in Early Stage B2B Company

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/10/22

We used paypal invoicing options to grow revenues 60% y/y starting in 2011.
We also used the invoicing buy new and subscription buttons to test licensing and payment options for a variety of in-house products and services. It was incredibly useful to be able to make changes quickly, put them in production to measure the results. A big part of this is that anyone could market a new product and begin testing, without having to schedule developer resources to process payments.

Pros

Allows us to quickly monetize new offerings and new product variations
Many different charging and payment options available
Attractive fee structure
Easy to setup and manage
Appropriate for b2b transactions where aesthetics are less significant.

Cons

Somewhat Limited Customization - to create a buying experience that doesn't feel you're "inside" of paypal is not trivial (and now is easier to do with other offerings).
While the Paypal api has improved recently, it's still not as flexible as stripe, aws fps or aws devpay.

Elisa B.
Industry: Construction

PayPal Invoicing for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

PayPal invoicing has been here for our business since we first started out. I am excited to see when they roll out new features that make using the software easier for me as a business user and easier for our clients. There's options like installment payments, you can now create an estimate without sending an invoice, and you have access to all your invoices, whether they were paid or unpaid.

Pros

I like the PayPal invoicing because it can be totally customized for your business, including all the contact information, physical address, and an image for your logo. Making your invoices completely branded for your business. The software is easy to use, creating and sending an invoice happens all on the same page. You can even choose to NOT send your invoice and print it instead, which is great for customers who may change their mind and decide to pay outside of the PayPal platform.

Cons

The invoicing feature has come a long way since our first use of it in 2016. Since then there have been many changes that make the invoicing feature more customizable and fits more needs than just an invoice.

Mo'men Y.
Industry: Wholesale

PayPal Invoicing Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

It's the most reliable payment system in the world, however, there are many things to be improved, which I honestly don't think PayPal will work on any time soon... Maybe at all.

Pros

PayPal is easy to understand, easy for everyone to use and learn in almost no time. What I like about it the most is that it's pretty smooth and fast. I used it for both business and individual purposes and I liked the ease of the process, regardless of what I did. I haven't found any issues with receiving money or transferring money from PayPal to my card. I used the invoicing tool to request payment and it went very smooth and fast. I've also used it to send money, and I haven't found issues with it. However, there might be a few things to be mentioned when we talk about room for improvement.

Cons

Charge-backs are definitely a thing to mention when we talk about the cons of PayPal. PayPal isn't the greatest choice for certain types of business (drop-shipping is an example). Also, taxes are ridiculous and not easy to understand. At some point, PayPal would be awesome for your business at a certain size, but if your business got bigger, you'd definitely need another option that'd be more cost-friendly, even if not as reliable as PayPal.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Melissa C.
Industry: Publishing

The Only Way To Invoice & Keto Your Business Transactions Organized

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

I love Paypal and I love their invoicing services, I use them pretty much every day and sometimes multiple times a day and it is for sure the only invoicing platform that I like to use.

Pros

I love this service and us it every day! It is a life saver and much preferred over random invoices that I send to reps for payment as the PayPal Invoicing keeps track of my invoices for me and just streamlines the process making it much simpler and easy to keep up with.

Cons

Nothing at all. I love this platform for invoicing and it is my go to as it is super easy to use and is a wonderful addition to the many wonderful services that PayPal provides.

Eleni M.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy to use .

Reviewed on 2019/10/19

I run a small shop and searched and search for a way to send invoices and save products for easy Invoicing. I finally found PayPal and haven't looked back. I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease and I hav Had zero issues with it so far!

Pros

I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease .

Cons

The set up in the app is a little confusing at first but once you get used to isn't it's really not an issue.

Briann H.
Industry: Cosmetics

Best thing ever

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

I love PayPal and have used PayPal for over 5+ years for my business. Even when I tried new stuff I always made my way back to PayPal.

Pros

I love the fact that I can create and save templates for invoicing. I have several different templates saved for different services. I also love the fact that I can use this platform on my phone as well. Makes creating invoices a breeze. Also the option now to add a tip on the invoice and minimum payment as well.

Cons

There is nothing really to complain about with this invoicing app. Its easy to use.

Industry: Computer Software

Suprisingly flexible invoicint tools

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Just saw the option one day by pure chance, tested it and it worked great. I immediately got out of Quickbooks after.

Pros

Before PayPal I was paying for Quickbooks. Then I found PayPal Invoicing which has all the features I need, it's easier to use and it's free.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like. My use case is pretty simple: create invoice, send invoice, mark invoice as paid. Maybe a more demanding user would have something to complain about.

Leslie Q.
Industry: Design

Only One Flaw

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/03/27

I use paypal for products and design services. I love being able to easily add items, discounts, and tax to the invoice. I would like to see an option to add a percentage markup on each item, and I would like to give the customer the option to pay via paypal, but be required to pay the additional fees.

Pros

I love the ease of use, knowing where my clients are with their payments, and am very happy with the overall design of the invoicing tool.

Cons

I wish there was a way to defer the fees to the client if they choose to pay online. I don't have a very high profit margin, and because I'm hit with fees, I would prefer the clients pay via check or cash.

Kaycee M.
Industry: Retail

I Love It

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

This invoicing is the best thing ever. I can save my products and prices to make it even better and faster. People can pay using debit/credit card or their paypal!

Pros

Its quick, easy, efficient and can be used by anyone.

Cons

Nothing so far. Works perfectly for me and my crew.

Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

It's probably not the best, but we're married at this point.

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

Overall, I can't give up PayPal because it is so integrated with everything else I do and have - shipping, balance, PayPal Credit, etc... But there are definitely some things that are lacking, especially if my business were bigger. I definitely recommend you consider options before going to PayPal and building a life with them, so to speak, but it is possible that for you, like me, they are the best - however flawed - option that exists.

Pros

I use PayPal invoicing as a freelancer and mostly for one-off or two-part invoices. So, I can't speak to PayPal's recurring invoice feature. Here's what I like: Most importantly, the integration. PayPal feels like a bank, and to be able to make invoices and shipping labels from your "bank" is the most helpful thing. I don't have to transfer funds, I don't have to wait for them to deposit to my bank, it's all there and immediately usable. Also, the invoices are simple and straightforward, clients can pay by any means one would online, and there's a place for terms-conditions etc...I also like that I'm able to share a link or a PDF of the invoice with clients who just want an invoice for their records to then pay me through other means like cash/check/direct deposit.

Cons

First off, PayPal has awful customer service. If I had a higher volume of clients and therefore of issues, I feel like I'd use a different service. I had a client pay once and the money was taken from her bank, but it never got to me. We both tried contacting PayPal and got no response at all. It was even more insulting on my end given that I use PayPal as a business. Second - PayPal's fees when you invoice through them are a bit of a hassle and I know there's invoicing software out there that don't incur charges. This just means I have to take those fees into consideration when quoting clients, which make my prices seem a few dollars steeper than they are.
Third gripe: I've been trying to edit a part of my business info on the invoice header for ages and it won't allow me. It asks for me to upload my ID to verify, but then it won't process my ID. And of course, customer service is unresponsive. It's not the end of the world because I just hide that info from the header, but it is a minor frustration and inconvenience.

Alisha B.
Industry: Hospitality
Company size: Self Employed

Great for online business!

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

I personally enjoy it, I feel fully protected as a seller of goods and feel like the customer support is string and I can turn to them with any questions or concerns.

Pros

PayPal Invoicing is pretty easy to use and they have great service if there is an error. Once you apply an email if they are a registered PayPal user the address of whom you are invoicing will pop up making room for less error when shipping products, also you remain protected in the event a buyer has an incorrect or non updated address. PayPal allows both the seller and buyer to be protected as their customer service is typically very good when there is an issue and a case needs to be open. As an owner of a small online business I typically will only use PayPal invoicing for my transactions as I feel more confident and protected with their services. Their fees are very reasonable in cost and do not limit you much when it comes to expenses, they also have a shipping feature directly through their service that I have found to be for smaller items the best around, as the cost of shipping continues to increase greatly it feels as if PayPal still offers the better deal. With in a period of time using their invoicing services I was offered a debit card which I found to be a great addition to their services, I no longer have to transfer profits in the event I do not want/ need to and can just use the card as a regular card, although their transfer fees are also inexpensive one method continues to be free to transfer your funds. I feel the invoicing is very easy to use and have had zero issues with it to date.

Cons

I do not like the fact that you cannot use it via the application that is not a business account, I have seen a few complaints with other small business owners/ sellers about this. I feel it should be available on all forms of their applications, as not everyone that has enough transactions actually runs/ owns a business, sometimes it is just a one time ordeal.

Suman S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Paypal Pay Fast everywhere

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Paypal Invoicing has always been one of the closest since its inception.No matter you are a big business or a mid side or small size business or even if you are an individual,they got something for everyone which really shows how caring they are for one and all.Best in business to sent or receive payment without using huge pile of papers.create invoice in few clicks and get paid , one can easily edit invoice as per the needs and the smooth transaction\ experience they provide is unbeatable.Will have more in days to come as even API also comes for all.

Pros

What I really like about paypal invoicing is no matter where you are sitting ,just get your money reach you in the superfast way by spending a minimum time to create a invoice in few clicks ,which one could ever imagine. I thing paypal invoicing change the complete picture of global financial industries and it established themselves in such a way that people or business cannot think of any other else or any other name except PAYPAL for doing business ,whether it sending or receiving money with a invoice or accessing multiple currencies in the easiest form,its completely unique ,even the API functionality its amazing .

Cons

If I compare to other big competitor in the business , I fee like they are not doing or spending to much on the advertising part because this is one of the best medium and how could they are limiting themselves in the advertising part .I think they are not trying to give a imagination which others are taking advantage like working with advertisement in 5D,6D or 10 D.which they need to look into and I want it from payal to show who they are .create imagination for people.

Paul A.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: Self Employed

Simple, powerful and mobile invoicing

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

As a Small Business Consultant, Bookkeeping, Full Service Payroll and Income Tax Preparation are just some of the services I provide to small businesses and self-employed independent contractors. I require the ability to invoice my clients in various ways in accordance with the terms and conditions defined in their specific retainer contracts. PayPal Invoicing fits my needs so well that I have chosen to use it instead of invoicing features included in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Wave Accounting, Freshbooks or any other accounting software solution. Best of all, using PayPal Invoicing in conjunction with my PayPal for Business mobile app and PayPal Business Card has enabled me to eliminate the delays in receiving payments from my clients that result from all of those other options.

Pros

Invoices are easy to create, submit and track. Default settings and multiple templates can be configured for easier invoicing and recurring invoices can be setup too.

Get the PayPal for Business mobile app and a PayPal Business Card and you have the absolute quickest process to invoice your clients/customers and receive payment immediately, from anywhere. No more waiting days to receive a deposit into your bank account. As soon as your invoice is paid, you can withdraw the funds from an ATM, request a cash withdrawal and pick it up at your nearest Walmart, or simply pay for goods and services directly with your PayPal Business Card.

Cons

Multiple options for payments terms to choose from, but no custom option available. For example, standard terms like Net 30 available, but no way to enter custom payments terms like Net 5 (nothing fewer than 10 days available).

Daniel M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy Money Transfers

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

I have the Paypal debit card now, which I have been using as my food/ingredient purchasing business card. I transfer êxcess funds to my checking account. No problems with the card thus far.

Pros

Having a very small business, food truck, it is crucial that I save as much money on services as I can. Paypal is free for me to use and pennies on the dollar to transfer funds to my bank account. Paypal comes in handy when collecting deposits for catering gigs. I can simply email my customer an invoice and they can transfer the 50% deposit directly to Paypal. This saves me time, which is equal to money, by not having to physically meet my customer to retrieve my deposit. Plus it saves me a trip to bank. Frees up a lot of time I need for food shopping and prep.

Cons

Customer service is sometimes a hassle and large transfers take longer to process. I suppose its a security thing, but I have been a customer of theirs for over 5 years and should have a better understanding of my pattern of transfer amounts.

Ashley J.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

PayPal Invoicing made my business transactions simple!

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

My overall experience with PayPal Invoicing has been very satisfying. It has saved me a ton of time in processing invoices and payments with my constantly revolving personal training client contracts.

Pros

What I like most about the PayPal Invoicing software is that I can electronically send an invoice to a personal training client within minutes. I have many clients weekly and they are all on different contracts. There are 2-week, 30 day and 45 day contracts. Therefore, I need to be able to quickly create and send new invoices to clients as their contracts expire. PayPal Invoicing allows me the opportunity to renew invoices from anywhere at any time.

Cons

The only issue I have had with PayPal Invoicing is when I first started using the product, my first client payment was placed on hold for a week, because it was a large amount and they needed to do an additional verification process. That was definitely an inconvenience to my business.

Alese B.
Industry: Legal Services

Gets you paid!

Reviewed on 2020/08/21

It does the job and gets me paid. Allows me to keep track of my customers and services.

Pros

I like the instant pay feature. No more waiting days for money to be deposited.

Cons

Fees could be better. They’re the same as others I’ve seen out there.

Gian angelo D.
Company size: Self Employed

After Years Of Invoicing, Here's What I Think...

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Overall, I trust PayPal and PayPal invoicing. I've been using it for over 7 years and never had a problem or issue whatsoever.

It's easy to use if you can follow instructions, fast, and has some decent customization options, enough to make a confident brand for yourself.

Pros

You can definitely trust PayPal invoicing. It's one of the more robust systems that I have access to right now since other better options aren't available in my country yet however, PayPal invoicing is easy to use, visual enough for you to know and see everything you need, and you basically get paid.

Cons

Limited customization options, some limitations with scheduling, but these are just minor problems that don't need to be fixed immediately.

Karreecha N.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Sal The Paypal

Reviewed on 2020/04/25

I use the invoice capability when doing business. I mostly use invoice for people I 've built a relationship with whether they pay me at the time of service or not. I've used Paypal invoicing for the past 3 years and have not had any issues with it.

Pros

I like it because it's easy to use for my business. I am able to link it to other accounts and it is very useful when I sell online or in person, but I typically use my card reader.

Cons

Customer Support can sometimes be daunting. Sometimes, I don't get a response as quick as I need it.

Sarah M.
Industry: Public Safety
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Safe Way To Spend Money

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

I will forever use this app to send people money and to request money. It is so much easier than going by the ATM. It saves time.

Pros

What I love the most about this software is that it is safe and easy to use. Someone send you the invoice and you just pay it through your card. It is a secured line of information so you do not have to worry about anything being compromised.

Cons

It's sometimes slow and can hard to move through but it is not that bad. Pretty much no cons.

Richard W.

A Great Way to Invoice Clients/Businesses

Reviewed on 2019/06/15

Overall, my experience with PayPal has always better positive. I've never had one problem or issue while using PayPal invoicing. In my experience, it's simple and easy - and the fact that it comes with a premade invoice template makes the entire process seamless. You can print off invoices once paid for tracking and documentation, which is always helpful. If you use the mobile app, you can receive notifications once the invoice is sent and once paid.

Pros

- Very easy to learn to use
- Ability to send invoices via email or live links.
- PayPal has a great customer support team.
- Quick and seamless
- Premade invoice template that can be used for documentation

Cons

- There are fees to use PayPal's services
- Once an invoice is paid, it can take 2-3 days for you to receive the funds.
- Instant transfers are subject to up-to 10% tax.

Industry: Writing & Editing

Excellent

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Despite the fact that I think the transfer fee is high, I really appreciate PayPal and will continue to use it. It's not perfect but overall, it is a ideal for transferring money. If you don't mind the fee with it then you might not have any issues with PayPal.

Pros

Regardless of what size your business might be, PayPal is an excellent way to transfer money and receive it. It's very straight forward on how to set things up. The great part about PayPal is you can download the app on mobile devices. You can then review your subscriptions that might be recurring on multiple platforms.

Cons

I believe that one of the things that I dislike most about PayPal is the transfer fee if you would like for the money to show up instantly in your bank. I get the fact that PayPal has it where you can wait for free for a few days and it shows, but sometimes I need it instantly. The fee can really hurt my account sometimes when I want to transfer it instantly and I end up just backing out of it.

Josh bernthold, S.

Invoicing That's Getting Better and Better

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Pros

I like the ease of use with PP invoicing. I also like that they are starting to add new features such as recurring billing and more ways to make your invoices more detailed. It is still a work in progress and they are adding to it little by little which is better than it at a standstill.

Cons

You basically have to dive in and get your feet wet with the invoicing. There is no real walkthrough and anything that shows "how" to use the invoicing. It is pretty straight forward but, there is more to it that could benefit from a detailed overview of some sort.

Brett N.
Industry: Restaurants

PayPal makes life easier!

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

What I like most about this software is how simple and quick it is to create or send any invoice in seconds right from your phone. I used to spend time I didn’t have creating and sending invoices, but with PayPal invoice I can now use that time for other things!

Pros

What I like most about PayPal invoice is how quick and easy it is to create and send invoices. You have the luxury of doing it right from your phone in seconds.

Cons

One thing that I think PayPal could change about the software is the fee’s within the App. Make it free and so many more people would use it as their primary way for creating invoices!

Pat K.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

Paypal Invoices - great for business!

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Great experience with PayPal invoicing for my business. Easy to set up and use and clients don't need to have a PayPal account to make payments which is a huge plus.

Pros

I have been using PayPal invoicing to send invoices/receive payments for my photography business for a few years now. I really love how easy it is to use compared to other invoicing software like Quickbooks. I also love the fact that most people have used and/or familiar with PayPal so it's trustworthy and a secure way to make payments.

Cons

The least thing I like about this software is the 2.9% translation fee which is a bit higher than Square.