Financial Cents

Practice management software for accounting firms

4,8
4,9
4,4
4,9
4,8
John G.
Industry: Accounting

To good to keep a secret.

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

It does not take a full time person to keep it up to date. Actually each user keeps their own work up to date and an administrator only jumps in to work on missed due dates.

Pros

Built in videos that walk you through each section of the program.

Cons

We hesitated to write a review because this program is such a boon to our accounting practice we did not want knowledge of it to leak out to other accounting practices.

Cathleen V.
Industry: Accounting

solved several pain points for us

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Lack of collaboration with team members was a frustrating problem. - I didn't want to use Teams, my experience with it has not been good. With the "chat" style comments and notes being at the project level or at the task level and notifications of call-out(s), it all becomes very organized for us.

Client and project info (email, text) converted into notes to attach to a client, project or task has been a godsend in this software. We had the ability to send notes to projects in our last software, but if you didn't know that it was there (say another individual working on the project) you would never see it.

Requests for client information was not an automated procedure for us and involved several steps which inherently enticed the client to attach sensitive information to the emailed request and return. We would then have to reject the email pursuant to our security policy. This is a very automated request - to portal upload procedure.

Our workflows were not even being utilized in our prior software as they were too convoluted and contributed to the noise. Triggering events didn't work properly and with the dashboard being too noisy, no one paid attention to alerts. Resolved with the notifications and better abilities to filter down on dashboard views.

Pros

The visual approach to projects coupled with the ability to filter your view down much easier allows us to get the future "noise" out of our way until needed for time budgeting or a more wide-angle view, letting us hunker down on the here and now, We have moved from a package that was so "noisy" on the dashboard, staff members were keeping their own spreadsheets on projects and tasks.

Biggest pain point resolution for us was the collaboration abilities: chat style with the ability to "call out" particular staff members and keep the notes. Too many things were in people's heads, or in their email boxes, not connected with the project or client. I will no longer hear "the client emailed me the info" or "the client texted me the info". While we can't integrate those two sources directly with the software, a quick copy and paste resolves that, call out the staff member with an @name leader and go from there. Indispensable with remote workers, no more broken email threads!

The front point person for this software is super responsive to questions, suggestions, etc - I have actually never seen anything like it where sales actually does integrate with support! A simple suggestion to round out the support experience became reality within a week. It is so pleasant to have a software team leave me with a smile on my face every day rather than putting a cloud over my head for the rest of the day.

Cons

No integrated e-mail triage, although you can forward emails to an "in-box" to turn them into one-off projects or to-do items.

It was a bit difficult at first to lean into the idea of breaking up our original software into two software packages as this is not a full DMS, but in doing so and purchasing a true, dedicated DMS system, I realize how much our old software was lacking in DMS capabilities by trying to be all things, so the downside actually ended up being an upside for us.

Nikki B.

User Friendly workflow

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

Pros

I like the easy navigation, the simple, fresh interface, and the easy filtering options. It been extremely beneficial having the tutorial videos easily accessible on the left toolbar.

Cons

I wish that the recurring tasks would all show up on the reports rather than just the current recurring task that is incomplete. I'd also like to see a billing/invoicing feature added to the software. A proposal/estimation feature would be helpful as well.

Krista S.

I LOVE Financial Cents

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/07/29

I have just started creating my account and will be implementing it starting August 1st. In the process of moving everything over from my current CRM. But everything I have seen that it does, I am very happy and excited to start using it. It will save me so much time between tracking my employees time in another 3rd party and trying to figure out if I am over budget with hours for my clients. Right now I have to print a report in QBO and then put the hours in an excel spreadsheet and compare with the budget. F.C. will do all that within the software. Plus it will let my employees know how much time they have to work with so they can also watch their time and know if they are taking too long on a project.

Pros

This had everything you need in a CRM. From Timekeeping, track estimated hours a job should take, billing, effective hourly rate, automated client tasks reminders. Recurring tasks. It also has a chat with support right in the software and they are very responsive and answers all my questions that I may have throughout setting up my account. Clients can get reminded for task they need to complete and they can upload right into the software without setting up a login for themselves. I am super excited about this feature. I won't have to worry about reminding them. They are reminded how often you want until they complete the task.

Cons

The fact we have to pay per user. It could get expensive if I hire too many employees. But for what it offers, it's worth what I pay for now. I have 3 users.

Nancy W.
Industry: Accounting

Financial Cents is helping us take our practice to the next level.

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

Other than having to do a lot of copying and pasting, and struggling with the lack of reports we really need, we couldn't be happier with the application as well as the customer service. Since Financial Cents is still relatively young, they are constantly developing and adding new features. If we're having issues, they get back with us almost immediately. We are more organized today as a firm than we ever have been, all because of Financial Cents.

Pros

It has really helped our firm keep track of all work we do for our clients without things falling through the cracks. Because of that, we are able to elevate the level of service we give our clients. By documenting every phone call, email and meeting, we don't have to sift through files looking for the last thing we talked about or did for them.

Cons

We spend a lot of time copying and pasting activities we do for clients between their main dashboard and projects we are working on for them. Then if the client has multiple entities, that chore is magnified. It also lacks a robust reporting feature that we are keeping our fingers crossed they implement very soon.

Chris W.

Easy Transition

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Highly recommend. Great price and time saver than the other options I tried - Jetpack and Aero

Pros

It filled all of the voids from the other project management software out there for bookkeepers. The price was also way cheaper than most of the other software out there.

Easy to set up - my team and I were up and running in minutes
Easy to maintain - anything we need to add or change is simple and quick to do
Automated Reminders - this was the selling point for my firm. Set up a reminder and client tasks. The client is continually reminded automatically about what they have left to do/send. Gives us so much time back in sending out constant follow up emails prior to this software

Cons

Client to dos transfer over to the next month even if they were completed prior to the new recurring event starting up. It would be great if when we check the box to complete the missing client task, that it doesn't carry over to the next month. Thus confusing the client before we even get to work on them.

Helen H.
Industry: Accounting

An easy to use accounting practice management software, perfect for small accounting companies!

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Pros

It is straightforward and easy to use, with really helpful training videos and excellent customer service. CRM data integrates with QBO to ensure client data is up to date. Although the software is relatively new, there are new features and tools being added all the time.

Cons

Overall it is a great system. There are small niggles such as not being able to add a task without first creating a project, however I'm sure these will be addressed in time.

Veronica G.

My FC Experience

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

An easy to use platform and incredible customer support.

Pros

A task management tool with a simplistic design - easy to navigate. A complement to Quickbooks Online to help organize our tasks by the due date, track time which integrates with QBO & allows us to communicate with our clients. Implementation and transition were smooth and easy. Customer service is friendly, quick to respond, and always welcomes feedback.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet but like any App there is always an opportunity for improvement & innovation.

Loretta B.

Made for Bookkeepers and Accountants

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Support has been good and it is constantly adding new features. Support is very responsive and so is their facebook group. There are lots of feature being worked on and most are on my wishlist.

Pros

Client task, auto reminder and built in templates

Cons

There is not a feature that I like least about. The company is young and it is constantly adding new features so there are items on my wish list that does not exist currently but should be added soon

Nina R.

Great Task Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

This software has helped our team communicate better and save time getting tasks completed.

Pros

easy to deploy, team features are very easy to use, helps keep us organized, software updates frequently.

Cons

not an app, recurring tasks need some cleaning up

Jonathan B.

Financial Cents is AMAZING for running your cloud bookkeeping firm

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

Having use Asana and Aero before to run our virtual bookkeeping company, we switched to Financial Cents in April 2020. Financial Cents (FC) is AMAZING and does almost everything we need to manage our client work, track billable hours and communicate internally and with clients. It is substantially better than AERO. I must also say that no other software company has implemented features we requested as fast as FC. We requested several features in the first 2 months and they have all been built and implemented. I am so impressed. I highly recommend Financial Cents to owners of bookkeeping and accounting firms.

Pros

A modern and intuitive user interface that my bookkeepers learned to use quickly, easy time tracking with a dashboard that shows me the key data I really need to know at a glance, clever project recurrence options that save time, brilliant client task features to ask clients for documents, excellent support and reasonable pricing.

Cons

They don't have a Xero integration yet but I would only use that for transferring contact information and for billing out of scope hours and right now I am OK to do that manually for all the other benefits I get. They don't have a mobile app yet. I'd find the mobile app helpful for commenting on projects but the site is responsive and you can use their website on your mobile.

Connor M.

Financial Cents Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

I have been extremely happy with Financial Cents. I think it is a great piece of software. It has been a beneficial tool for my business. It has made our operations much more efficient. It makes it a whole lot easier to keep on top of our work.

Pros

The software is user friendly. I like the fact that it has integrations with QuickBooks Online. My favorite thing about Financial Cents is that the software developers are constantly improving the software to make it easier on the user. I love the fact that you can track time on a particular project and it integrates directly into Quickbooks Online.

Cons

There's not anything I don't like about the software. However, there are a few things I wish Financial Cents would develop to make it easier on the user. I wish there were a few more reports. Under the CRM portion of the software. I think it would be beneficial when you're in a client's account, that you can see the billing history instead of having to go back into QBO. Also, it would be beneficial to be able to create an invoice for a project that integrates into QBO. Lastly, I wish there was a two integration between Financial Cents and QBO with it comes to adding clients. It would make it easier to add a client in Financial Cents and then it be able to sync directly into QBO.

Sue D.

Financial Cents has everything I am looking for

Reviewed on 2020/11/08

I couldn't be happier

Pros

The set up was seamless, quick, and painless. I love that I can do time tracking and also record the conversations we have with a client. Having the ability for everyone to have access to conversations gives us the ability to always help a client even if the person assigned to that client might not be available.

Cons

Having to learn a new software but that isn't Financial Cents' issue but mine

Addison S.
Industry: Financial Services

User friendly, reasonably priced, and a wealth of features

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

Our workflow was disorganized at best, being a small firm with an increasingly large book of business. Financial Cents helped streamline our projects and hold our staff accountable to their responsibilities. The communication with the creator of the software was absolutely phenomenal - he fixed any issues almost immediately, and implemented personal suggestions, as well as being available when we needed him for any questions.

Pros

Financial Cents has one of the easiest UIs I've ever encountered. It's quick to learn, reasonably priced, and new features are constantly being released with an immense tap into the pulse of what its users require.

Cons

Software integration was the biggest hiccup with our firm. Though it does integrate with Quickbooks Online and Xero, there is no easy Quickbooks Desktop integration. I understand that this is increasingly becoming less and less industry standard, but it would have made implementation a little easier.

Justin N.

Simplistic but Powerful Tools for Accounting Firms

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

It has increased productivity within our firm, and also allows us to see how much time we are spending on each client, to accordingly adjust the retainer fees they are paying. It also allows us to pinpoint clients that we have issues with time-wise, allowing us to analyze ways to become more efficient.

Pros

Simple Design - the design of the menus makes this easy for every employee to get used to quickly, which is important as it decreases the time needed to explain the in's and outs, and allows us to focus on our clients accounting work.

Cons

Reports - the reports are good for the value (what you pay for), and I know there will be updates in the future. However, being able to see a dashboard of the clients along with customizable columns of what they are updated through for each category of work would be amazing (books/records, sales tax, payroll, tax return, tax planning etc.)

Kay G.

Love Financial Cents!

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

FC was easy to implement, has videos but better yet, customer service was available and more than willing to help or answer any questions. FC has really allowed by company to opportunity to grow!

Pros

Great CRM! Easy to setup workflow, videos to help with implementation, recurring tasks with estimated hours so we can compare actual time spent, time tracking. Support is awesome - quick to respond.

Cons

Really haven't found anything that I dislike at this point.

Husain H.

Excellent practice management software

Reviewed on 2020/07/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Highly satisfied up to now

Pros

The software application is very easy to use and intuitive without a need of long time training . client auto reminder is excellent and saved my time in chasing the clients to complete tasks , communication with client is made easy. The price is competitive and support is great. overall I believe this product is superior compared to other similar practice management application you guys are doing great Job!

Cons

Barely noticed anything that I do not like

Melissa A.
Industry: Accounting

What I have been searching for!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Workflow efficiency, massively reduced time spent going over project/task status, no more team meetings (!) that waste time, quick KPI review for added client value, and daily use for focus on what's due/coming due.

Pros

The ease of use, automation (recurring projects), workflow assignments, notes within projects, percent completion bar for quick assessment on project/task status, workflow paired with a KPI functionality that automatically pulls from QBO, notes inside CRM and much more.

Cons

Limited KPI printable reports BUT I know this is coming in the future.

Colin R.
Industry: Accounting

Financial Cents has made our practice much more manageable

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

Relatively new beginner but so far so good. Financial cents has allowed us to scale our accounting practice make things easier for our staff and tax preparers

Pros

Time tracking and the client portal has helped

Cons

Minor quirks such as not being able to assign multiple clients to one project and cannot email tasks to the software

Liz C.

I love Financial Cents!

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Pros

It's easy to use. I like the task and document sharing features. The support team is always available to answer any questions I might have. Highly recommend using this product.

Cons

When storing documents, you cannot set up folders to organize the documents.

Michael M.

Financial Cents Makes Sense

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

The business problem we are solving with Financial Cents is two fold. First, we are using the tools, like "Comments" to better our internal communications. Second, we are using the project dashboard to ensure that we are not late on projects and that no project falls through the cracks.

Pros

The feature of "Comments" inside of a project has allowed our firm to increase our internal communications making us more efficient.

Cons

On the project dashboard, you see all assignees to a project not just the active assignee. Multiple people could be assigned certain tasks inside the same project and it would be nice if on the dashboard we saw only the assignee that needed to complete the next task.

Michael C.
Industry: Accounting

Ease of use and features make this software a winner.

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

So far I am pleased with the software and it is doing what I need it to do. I know I need to do some additional tweaking but little by little.

Pros

I came about this software looking for a solution for my workflow that would be simple to use and setup and would not cost an arm an a leg. I was up and running in under an hour. The software comes with videos explaining the features and as I said it was easy to setup and having templates ready to go made it easy for me to setup some of my own templates.

Cons

I am to new to say what I like least about the software but it seems like every week they are adding new features which in my mind is good.

David L.

So Far So Good

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

It has been an overall positive experience thus far.

Pros

My company had been looking for new workflow software and while looking into different options, I came across Financial Cents. After some research and demos, we gave it a try. We are satisfied with the software thus far. I like Financial Cents because they care about clients on an individual level and are open to adding new features upon client’s request.
When we began using the software, we appreciated the helpful tutorial videos and we value the ability to chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and ask questions that come up as well as request feature additions.

Cons

It is a challenge for us that the Task View in the workflow has tasks that are not ready to be completed.

Mikaela P.

Financial Cents Product Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Excellent. Great customer service, incredible response time and their reaction to critique and suggestions exceeded my expectations.

Pros

FS has given me the opportunity to organize my team and track projects in a way that I couldn't before. Everyone on our staff logs in daily to review the tasks at hand, their due dates and even the step by step details of each project. This product has given us peace of mind and allowed us time we can now dedicated to project tasks and customer satisfaction that was previously spent chasing after project details and status inquiries.

Cons

I think there can be more offered within the software. I understand they're still developing it and I look forward to the rollouts of additional features.

Sheri R.

Solid System!

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

The responsiveness of the team and customer service has been phenomenal. Ran into a question on a late Saturday night... submitted a ticket thinking it would be addressed Monday. Received a response and Zoom tech help within the hour. Wow!

Pros

The immediate functionality of the system was critical. We searched and demo'd multiple products before launching Financial Cents. Wanted a program that provided a 10,000 foot view of all work in the pipeline across all staff and this one provides. The Dashboard, Tags and Status options allows me to keep an eye on what's happening.

Cons

Waiting for the mobile app and Google Chrome extension for 1-click send to the system. Know they are in the pipeline so looking forward to their roll-out.