CenarioVR

Virtual reality software with built-in media library

4,9
4,7
Carlo T.
Industry: E-Learning

The simplest tool to create astonishing VR applications

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/05

We are developing induction courses for new employees - CenarioVR is perfect to create an immersive environment to navigate the company sites without the costs and time involved before.

Pros

It is very easy to use. The user interface is intuitive and simple.
The action mechanism is very close to Lectora actions, so anyone who already uses an authoring tools will be able to become proficient in CenarioVR in a few hours.

Cons

VR is still in its infancy and therefore also tools like CenarioVR suffer more from technological constraints than of lack of features. It will be interesting to have an online tool - part of Cenario VR environment - to cover the 360 cmaera base. Currently I have to edit it outside CenarioVR.

Will H.
Industry: E-Learning

CenarioVR is the quickest and easiest VR tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Pros

It allows you to quickly add interactive elements to a 360 degree environment to create amazing immersive experiences within minutes.

Cons

It would be great if there were more assets available within the system without having to add your own.

Jack G.

VR. Simple.

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Overall, I enjoy using the product. However, I do doubt its reliability. I often come across silly bugs that I am surprised got past testing, plus the issues of when published the content not working on certain devices (depending on the video quality).

I think the product is great, but for the price it's sold for, I expect to have no issues when using the software and when viewing published content.

Pros

The ease of use is fantastic. Simply uploading your 360 videos and images to create a scene, adding the functionality you want and being able to publish your content as a variety of packages makes CenarioVR seem too good to be true. The functionality I mainly use includes: Adding 2D videos into the 360 scene, creating hotspots to show more information and trigger video/audio, creating multiple choice questions to reinforce the user's learning and of course, giving the user a score of their progress.

The addition of action, conditions and variables mean you can now do more with your scenario, this includes branching scenarios and giving the user custom feedback depending on their score, choices and where they've been.

Cons

The features are great, but they are very vanilla. I usually create most of my visual resources (including text) inside Photoshop and add them in a .png files. This is because: CenarioVR has a limited font set, I am unable to create shapes inside CenarioVR and CenarioVR lacks some of the basic text editing you find in other software, such as, line spacing and kerning.

CenarioVR needs a resource library of its own. It has a few icons which I made during the beta. But it needs something similar to Lectora 18, where you can pick and choose and customise the icons and buttons you want.

I would like to see more question types. At the moment, you can only have a multiple choice question with 1 correct answer. These should as least be made multiple response (more than one correct answer). Plus the addition of different questions types, for example, matching options and drag and drop.

My biggest issue with the software is the usability after publishing. If your video is too high of quality, it won't work on a mobile. I would like to see publish options which allow you to optimise the scenario to the device your are planning to use it on. For example, if I publish to HTML, I want an option list of: VR headset, Desktop and Mobile/Tablet devices. The video is then automatically compressed depending on which option I have chosen. There is a recommended video size list on the CenarioVR website, but this should really be incorporate into the product.

Aidanek R.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great virtual experience!

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

I explore new information through this app - I play its VR mini-games, explore new rooms, learn about living. Except for it is slow sometimes, everything else is great!

Pros

I love how the videos also contain some useful information. Although most of them are VR in buildings (I don't watch these), there are other useful videos where I could learn about and have a better imagination of physically not usually visible objects (inside the body).

Cons

The app is slow and sometimes crashes. I use the app with Iphone XS Max. I have to reopen the app again and start over when it starts working very slow.

Chris P.
Company size: Self Employed

CenarioVR Makes Creating VR EASY!!!!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/05/05

CenarioVR has enabled me to compete with the big companies. I can offer virtual reality to any of my customers at an affordable price!!!

Pros

It was so easy to use! We needed to create a tornado evacuation course with limited time, tools, and budget for a local community college. Within 4 hours (and this time includes the time to record the 9 different scenes within the college) we had a working interactive tornado evaluation VR ready for the students to view with or without VR goggles. And let me clarify, before we started the development we had only previewed CenarioVR....it doesn't get much easier and faster than that!!! As a small company, we love that the pricing is affordable and manageable with lots of choices.

Cons

It almost seemed too easy!!! Early on, there were some features that we felt were missing, but the recent upgrades have added them.

Cindy O.
Industry: E-Learning

Modernizing the way people learn

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

CenarioVR is one of our core tools we use; just like having Microsoft office, we couldn't work without it.

Pros

We researched and tried many VR development applications prior to selecting CenarioVR. It is by far the easiest and most intuitive tool on the market. It integrates well with other applications we are using and we worked with their IT team in building a single sign on between our LMS and their system. Everyone we have worked with has provided top notch support. We also implement the courses through a variety of media, so knowing it will be available on a variety of devices makes a huge difference for us.

Cons

A nice enhancement would be for a hotspot to link to external urls.

Mark F.
Industry: Computer Software

Implementing CenarioVR

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Critical and non-critical learning experiences are significantly enhanced, more fun, improved retention and comprehension and accelerated learning time means it looks good, works great, improves performance and is easy to justify from a cost benefit standpoint.

Pros

Fast learning curve assuming clear visualisation of goals. Great features, can work with any LMS, or use the awesome analytics platform included. Super flexible with options to publish to scorm, xAPi, CMI5 etc. Or embed in your fave authoring tool. View on Laptop, Phone, Tablet, VR headsets etc.. Unlimited development for a super low fee....

Cons

None. Product is constantly evolving and improving which is great.

Lyle C.

5 Stars!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/05/28

I have had and continue to have a wonderful experience with CenarioVR, but more importantly, our clients are extremely happy with the final product.

Pros

What I love most about this software is it's ease of use. The interface is very intuitive with a short learning curve. The tracking data is in depth, easy to understand and most important, easy to train clients on how to access and use it.
We also received phenomenal customer service.

Cons

One drawback of the software is that it is an online tool. I would like to see a desktop version that enables me to work on projects offline. I would also like to see more options for questions - pick many questions, matching, drag and drops.

Joseph G.
Company size: Self Employed

I have recommended CenarioVR to many others!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/04/16

I found it easy and fun to create great learning experiences with CenarioVR.

Pros

It's easy to learn and use while also being feature-rich. I love how simple it makes it for me to set up a learning environment in virtual reality so that learners can be guided or explore on their own, with lots of options for learner decision points. In addition, I can test and track the progress my learners make.

Cons

CenarioVR doesn't let you create VR simulations from scratch. You need to start with a 3D image or video and are then able to add many learning elements. As such, it shouldn't be mistaken for as a replacement for Unity or Unreal.

Lisa S.
Industry: E-Learning

CenarioVR ....author & publish VR in under 30 minutes, no coding required!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/05

The trial of the software could have more assets to work with.

Pros

CenarioVR is an intuitive and easy to use product. Creating immersive learning is easy and the ability to publish to various formats is great.

Cons

Integration into our Lectora courses is easy.

Olivia C.
Industry: E-Learning

Easy to use and impressive!

Positive

Pros

It's interactive and creates much more engaging courses.

Cons

Purchasing of new assets to create content

Kathy H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

An Immersive Learning Leader

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/03/03

CenarioVR solves training for dangerous, costly or difficult learning situations easily and cost-effectively. It's amazing!

Pros

Fantastic way to help employees experience real life scenarios safely and develop empathy.

Cons

Can't wait for the next evolution as it rolls out.