Great software for VAT compliance
- easy to use
- automates VAT calculations
- lets me know when I need a new VAT number
- nothing, customer support was very helpful with every issue.
Response from Hellotax
Thank you for your kind review! We'll continue to develop our software to make VAT compliance in Europe as easy as possible for online sellers like you!
Easy to use
Horrible horrible experience
As described above, this is a terrible company that really needs to be put out of its misery for all the chaos and suffering they inflict on their users. As long as these users do not check up on them and understand that big mistakes are made they'll feel fine and happy. But sooner or later the situation will explode.
They are one of the cheapest in this line of business, but you get what you pay for. Bad advice, horrible service and no idea of what they are doing. I urge anyone considering going to these people to really stay away from them.
The price was one of the lowest when I was comparing them to the other options and they offered fiscal representation. I needed that as a non-EU business, so my options were limited.
- Letters from tax offices delivered after 6 months if at all. This leads to problems and fines escalating.
- Mistakes are made with settings. This company for example did not take into account that in order to charge VAT to the destination country, you first need to either breach the distance selling threshold to that country or you need to inform the local tax office that you will lift the thresholds. They never bothered to do that for any of their customers and just went ahead charging destination country VAT everywhere. This means A LOT of the tax returns they file have been incorrect since they started. They also quite bluntly refuse to correct them. As the customer it is YOUR problem and they really do not care about you.
- For most of the mistakes they make, they will try to charge you a fee of £200-250 or €200-250 (the amount and currency kind of change a lot). Fines that are sent by a tax office are on you, even if it was their mistake.
- When you make it clear to them that you are not going to pay anything anymore until they fix the problems they created, they will abandon you and ignore you.
- They do not generate invoices for transactions, which meant I had to use another company for those. In the mean time I guess Amazon is doing that.
- Many mistakes with zero-rated zones like the Canary Islands, where they happily charged Spanish VAT.
Thrilled with this software!
Excellent experience, the onboarding was very smooth and they are very professional and supportive.
I have good control on my numbers, I get to know when I am about to reach the threshold limit in the countries I operate and I see my goods movement between them.
I takes some time to discover all its features.