Pierre louis F.

One of the best antivirus on the market

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

You can scan and restart a device remotely.

Pros

You can monitor all the devices online via the Webroot dashboard.

Cons

If you have a lot of device on your network, the the deployment by using GPO can be a little bit difficult.

Response from Webroot Software

Thanks for leaving us a review! I'm glad you're enjoying the Webroot Dashboard monitoring capabilities.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Webroot, a powerful antivirus to keep your computer safe.

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Currently I am administrator of a Webroot console in which I have the management of several organizations and it has been a good experience when you compare the behavior of the endpoint in different equipment, complies with that is due to find threats, generate reports and prepare exceptions.

In the latter the exceptions merit a little time to get more out of it, it is not easy to elaborate them if you do not have knowledge of how Webroot works. The deployment of commands facilitates progress to perform some activities.

Pros

I have been working with Webroot for more than 2 years and has covered part of our needs. Your database is kept up to date for any threat, the management of the console is attractive and the documentation is very helpful. The control of policies is worth highlighting because if you have a large organization you can set parameters for different sectors and with different configurations that are very useful, even the notifications via email for the followers of the console serves as support.

Cons

Webroot has many nice things in its projection as antivirus, but has some things to adjust, for example the generation of report endpoints without updating after a certain time.

In mobile devices I have had little experience but it has happened that the update must be done manually. I think they should improve it.

Brian L.
  • Industry: Utilities

Webroot

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

New stable overall endpoint security platform

Pros

As good as any of the products out there plain and simple

Cons

I can't say that I dislike anything about this software package

Response from Webroot Software

Thanks so much for writing a review! I'm glad you're already getting so much value out of the product.

Brian B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Best full-spectrum protection for the price!

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Extremely fast, real-time updates and easy to use!

Pros

Provides user licenses for up to 3 or more systems. Cloud-based, instant updates, sync with smartphone app for Android or Apple.

Cons

Suggest a 30-day trial version of software for new users to compare with existing protection platform software.

Response from Webroot Software

Thank you so much for the detailed review! Glad you're finding our cloud-based threat management system to be effective for your needs!

-Webroot Community Team

Maybe the best antivirus solution for a MSP

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Webroot SecureAnywhere its fits so well we our business, allowing us to secure all our costumer’s network with a minimal footprint agent installed on every endpoint.

Is an easy deployment solution and even easier to manage, because it’s a cloud-based solution that allow us to monitor every costumer easily in a few minutes.

And because it’s a cloud based solutions, we don’t need additional software or hardware installed to start to secure the network.

Another AV solutions offer different kind of licenses according to what kind of device you want to secure, but with webroot one license work with workstation and servers the same.

Pros

The small footprint of the agent, because it help with an easy and faster deployment

Cons

Dosn't support Linux distribution and that is something that make you thing if is the right solution when you have many linux endpoints

Rich T.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent program at amazing price

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

The problem my customers want to resolve are false positives and a high impact on computer response. With Webroot, customers are no longer required to shut down their AV software to access internal website that do not have security certificates. Additionally, they arne't waiting 10 minutes for a computer to be ready at bootup while the software scans. This software scans in the background with no noticeable impact on performance.

Pros

I love the price of the software. It is easy for me to sell to my clients and easy to promise virtually no impact on their computers processing speed. For those system I have this installed, I have seen a dramatic reduction in malware.

Cons

It's hard to figure out what I like least about the software. I suppose it would be having to purchase password security.

The last AV you will ever need

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Webroot proofs to be a cost-effective alternative to the main contender software on the market.

Pros

We have Webroot rolled out at most of our clients. I have it installed on all the sites I support as well as my company laptop.
The software is small to download and takes seconds to install. Scans are done very quickly while it also monitors and checks file's MD5 signatures on the fly.
Webroot is the only AV that I know of which has a small enough memory footprint and low system impact, that it can run alongside another AV package. It has even picked up malware which passed "the main" installed AV in cases.

Cons

There is not much to add in this column. The software is well rounded.

John H.

One of the absolute BEST security vendors to work with.

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

Efficacy, ease of use (It's set and forget), web threat blocking is second to none. Centrally managed through a console and no definitions to download on the system making it the lightest in the world.

Pros

The product is the lightest in the industry and all management is done through a centralized web console. Efficacy is one of the highest in the industry as well. The Web Threat Shield and Webroot's cloud intelligence is very good at keeping you away from nasty internet sites that contain malware payloads.

Cons

They just need to integrate all of their product portfolio into the Global Site Manger console. Other than that, it's a perfect fit for MSP's and home users alike

Rahshee W.

Webroot just as good as any other antivirus

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

This is a great antivirus you could use it on all your devices, I like using it better than Norton thats for sure. I would recommend it to everyone

Pros

I like using Webroot because it is fairly priced and once you buy it you could use the same license up to like 5 different devices if you want I have it installed on all my devices and my office PC. It does once in a while slow up your PC when it is scanning but I dont think it is as much as some other antiviruses out there. I can set it to do automatic scans at times when I am not using the PC so it does not interrupt what I am doing with scans.

Cons

It has a password manager option that would be cool if it was a little bit easier to understand and operate I dont know why I still have issues with it filling in my passwords and having to correct it sometimes. I also think it should have a monitoring system that automatically scans incoming emails and separates junk from real emails that would be cool

Olena K.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Security Solution

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

Pros

Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection was installed on my laptop in the BestBuy store when they repaired my laptop about 7-8 months ago. Since then, I haven't had any issues pertaining to my computer's security.

Cons

I have used it for less than a year. I haven't seen any issues so far.

Response from Webroot Software

I'm glad that the switch to Webroot has left you feeling safe while online! Welcome to the team!

Daniel A.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Webroot has a fresh new way of looking at anti virus.

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

This product is every easy to deploy, administer and maintain.

Pros

Webroot is a very effective and fast reacting anti virus program that is light on resources and a breeze to install, configure and maintain.

Response from Webroot Software

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection.

We pride ourselves on making it as easy as possible to setup, deploy, and install. Glad that you feel the same way we do!

Thanks again for the review and if there's something that you think we can do to improve, please let us know.

Ronald K.

Webroot

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

My overall experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection has been a very positive one

Pros

What I like most about Webroot is that I can rest assure knowing that my computers as well as my documents are safe.

Cons

What i like least about Webroot is that there really is nothing that I really don't like about this software

Response from Webroot Software

I'm glad that Webroot is helping you feel safe while you're online! We will continue giving you the service you've come to know and love. Thanks so much for the review, Ronald!

Alex L.

Excellent virus protection on desktops, servers and laptops and fast and immediate alerts.

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

Excellent virus protection on all computers and servers and immediate help from knowledgeable support

Pros

How quickly it detects and quarantines a potential threat, and how easy it is to deploy to endpoints and manage from the web console.

Cons

It can sometimes be a little too good on detecting potential threats and falsely detects some thing which can temporarily mess up programs, but it's better to be over protective, than under protective.

Kyler M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Silent End User Protection

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

You won't even know that Webroot is running it is that great. The software doesn't bog down your system like other virus and malware protection software.

Cons

Sometimes new updates to Webroot can cause common applications to stop working because of false positives and only Webroot can update their registries.

Chris G.

Works great to protect my computers

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

I like that it can function even with another antivirus program running. I also like how thin the client is on my machines.

Cons

The administration console changed a little bit so there was learning curve and it has marked good programs as a virus before but it was easily remedied using the admin console.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

WEBROOT-100% ONLINE SECURITY SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Generally this software is wonderful. It is the best software for web designers, freelancers and online shopkeepers.

Pros

This software is simply great to use! It ensures total security on the web, as well as allowing speed surfing.

Cons

The charges per subscription per year seems to be a bit high for especially first time users.

Kevin J.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Long Love Affair with Webroot

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Pros

I love the ease on using and installing Webroot on computers. I use it on my mobile device and all my computers, including on my parents computers. This software includes so many wonderful and eliminated by McAfee subscription.

Cons

A little confusing installing on an Android device.

Kevin K.

Simple, Powerful, Organized

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Pros

Very powerful backend with BrightCloud monitoring BigData & using that information for your protection. Yet implementation & day-to-day tasks are simple & rarely needed.

Cons

Windows is integrating a more secure AV into the OS, so AV may go the way of the firewall.

Adrian M.

I'm an user and we implement this tool in our customer

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

I powerful enterprise tool for antivirus

Pros

this software is linked to our management server tool and the deployment is super simple, I like that we can manage as an enterprise antivirus tool. and because is multi tenant

Cons

so far there is not cons on this software , sometimes requires so many human interaction due some applications that the software think is a virus but that is normal.

Gordon D.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Computer Coverage for a Great Price

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

I have a yearly subscription for their software and plan on keeping it going. It has been easy for me to set up and manage.

Pros

This software allows me to cover multiple devices, manage them all and doesn't try and up sell, over sell or continually throw pop ups at me.

Cons

It is hard for me to find something wrong with this software. If anything having it be a little more active on notifications that all is well although not to many nor to often.

Response from Webroot Software

Thank you so much for your detailed review! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Nate W.

Good antivirus software

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Webroot SecureAnywhere is a good product and does an adequate job.

Pros

I like that it pulls the filters from a cloud storage location and not store them locally on the hard drive.

Cons

This software can be taxing on the memory and CPU. As a result I try to have it run late at night when I'm using my machines.

Robert P.
  • Industry: Insurance

I spoke to tech support regarding being charged twice, they were extremely helpful resolving...

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Provides virus protection

Pros

Tech support dialed in and cleaned up my system removing viruses, and providing renewal contract at an affordable price.

Patrick E.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Awesome Protection, lightweight client

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

Greater Security, easier management

Pros

The client is extremely lightweight, and it can do a deep scan in minutes with no system impact. It has been able to detect and stop malware/ransomware that was too new to be detected by our other systems. The admin interface is well laid out and easy to use with a wealth of configuration options.

Cons

requires constant internet connection. If you're internet connection is not stable or always on your protection is hamstrung

Christian H.

Easy to install and use

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Pros

Installation was easy and it just runs in the background. No need to fiddle with it or make adjustments.

Danya D.

We were introduced to this protection suite, because of the need to change from another...

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

The installation was very straight forward and easy to deploy to the users. The setting up of the restrictions were quite simply.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. A very quick installation process, from a standard link. Has an excellent malware protection. Notification message at the time of blocking a site, is very useful.

Cons

The lack of a client interface available of the desktop. An administrative login is needed to access basic information.