Webroot Reviews

4.6/5 (145 reviews)
Anthony M.

Clear Winner in a Crowded Field of Protection

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Overall it is very easy to find antivirus protection but when it comes to minimal false negatives and no resource hogging clients this is the clear winner.

Pros

Webroot is a thin, non-system resource intensive anti-virus and malware protection suite. We have tried countless renditions of protection but none offer the amount of protection and ease of use as Webroot. We deploy the client from the web panel and each user is managed in groups with group policies set within our management console. All viruses, malware, and other threats are reported and handled by the client and admins are notified of the threat. The good thing is that the deployment talks to our cloud based management whenever internet is accessed. Users can't disable the client either without our administrative overview.

Cons

The only con I can see is we have had a couple clients that appeared twice in the management and with no rhyme or reason. This was fixed by removing both an reinstalling the client on those particular clients. The good news is that it only happened once or twice.

Best PC protection available

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

In spite of a few minor issues, I still think Webroot has the best protection out there. I would definitely recommend it to any small business owner.

Pros

The set-up for Webroot is extremely simple. You download the software, enter your product key and it does the rest. It has excellent explanations that tell you what each function does and how it works. For instance, it has a good explanation of how its firewall function manages connections to your machines that make sense to a non-technical person such as me. I love that it runs in the background without seeming to affect my computer and only gives pop-up messages when something needs attention.

I love that the vendor offers discounts for multiple installations at a relatively small breakpoint. As a small business owner, it certainly makes the product more affordable.

Cons

The Webroot Filtering Extension is not always reliable. For example, it lists my company website as a potentially dangerous page when I know that there is nothing wrong with my page. It has also listed some of the websites of my clients as potentially dangerous pages. I have to admit that I don't know exactly how it decides which pages are malicious and which are not, but whatever method it uses seems a little off.

There are also some challenges with the dashboard. I had a laptop crash and needed to re-install Windows. When I did, I wanted to release the license formerly assigned to the crashed laptop and re-assign it so that I would my number of licenses restriction. It was extremely difficult to do so. I ended up having to contact Support for help. And they were very helpful, but it just seems like something one ought to be able to do through the dashboard.

Solid Anti Virus

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

The installation package is very small, installs very quickly, and is easy to keep up to date. They just recently rolled out a new management console which is a welcome upgrade to the previous interface. I also like the ability to group my endpoints by location and apply different antivirus policies as needed without touching the actual machine or even remote desktop.

Cons

If you deactivate an endpoint it does not remove it from your account, it goes into a "deactivated endpoints" group, which can be confusing if you are new to Webroot.

Webroot, a powerful antivirus to keep your computer safe.

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Currently I am administrator of a Webroot console in which I have the management of several organizations and it has been a good experience when you compare the behavior of the endpoint in different equipment, complies with that is due to find threats, generate reports and prepare exceptions.

In the latter the exceptions merit a little time to get more out of it, it is not easy to elaborate them if you do not have knowledge of how Webroot works. The deployment of commands facilitates progress to perform some activities.

Pros

I have been working with Webroot for more than 2 years and has covered part of our needs. Your database is kept up to date for any threat, the management of the console is attractive and the documentation is very helpful. The control of policies is worth highlighting because if you have a large organization you can set parameters for different sectors and with different configurations that are very useful, even the notifications via email for the followers of the console serves as support.

Cons

Webroot has many nice things in its projection as antivirus, but has some things to adjust, for example the generation of report endpoints without updating after a certain time.

In mobile devices I have had little experience but it has happened that the update must be done manually. I think they should improve it.

Steven M.

Best of the best, but you pay for it

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

I continue to use the software at home and recommend to anyone out there to include Webroot in their list of vendors to evaluate. Do not let the technology get to you. Just because the software does something different than what you are used to, try it out before disregarding Webroot as a solution.

We found Webroot easy to deploy with a light footprint which more than made up for the additional cost.

Pros

Webroot does an amazing job of removing and detecting threats to computers. We also found it very simple to install with a very light footprint on the computer. Users never complained about computer slow downs due to virus scans when we had Webroot deployed.

Cons

We faced two issues with Webroot. Their technology is impressive, but complicated. We never were able to really wrap our heads around how their technology worked compared to other antivirus / antispyware solutions, but it did work, and was quite successful at it. The other concern with Webroot was its price. It is the best software out there we have found for computer protection but it is among the most costly.

Paul S.

Product is very good and is efficient. Does not slow most systems down.

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Less admin overhead and less of a resource hog on the end points. It is a little harder to deploy, but since it is not 500GB, like some of the major players in the space, it works really well.

Support has been good for helping us with some detections but the lack of fixed IP space for the clients to connect to is frustrating. And installing with the proxy setting is not always consistent.

Pros

The footprint is tiny. It is very fast and efficient. It does not slow down systems when it is working. Support is pretty good. I would say this is good software for a MSP or a smaller Org. We might find a replacement if they can't fix their problems.

Cons

It needs to talk to Amazon Cloud to check in with the portal. We don't allow access out to the internet without a proxy. WebRoot IP's are changing because they are on AWS. So we can't put IP based rules in our firewalls to allow access. And we are not going to allow all AWS IP's. I really wish WR would get a range of fixed IP's so the client can attach. When they can't attach, they get disconnected. They have a proxy option while installing, but it seems kind of intermittent. Works sometimes, and sometimes not.

Altagracia V.

It is a good alternative to keep our equipment and files safe from threats

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

In general terms I can assure that today I feel very safe with this antivirus installed on my computers. It is a great protector, very efficient that has saved me several times from malware and Trojans that have put my files at risk.

Pros

This program can be used in different platafmormas and its price is competitive with respect to other antivirus in the market. It is light and does not slow down my machine. You have the option to program scans and do it in the background. The program runs on different operating systems which is a very positive aspect. Its interface is simple

Cons

Sometimes it detects false positives when we try to download an application that is clean. That is usually uncomfortable because it takes time away. Even so, I think that the positive aspects of this program go far beyond the negative ones

Response from Webroot Software

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and if you ever need help regarding a false positive, our support team is only a phone call away at 1-866-254-8400.

A Solid System that I Often Recommend

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

WebRoot is my go-to Anti-Virus and Digital Security System. I have worked in technology retail for many many years and I found that WebRoot was one of the more rigorous and aggressive systems for blocking unwanted programs and keeping my information safe; but also one that had the best User Interface and was able to be communicated clearly to the uninitiated. When having to choose between selling WebRoot and other software, I would always recommend WebRoot.

Cons

I have very little negative feedback for WebRoot. It has kept my systems safe for many years and I continue to renew my account each year. I'm sure there may be features I'm not using optimally and not informed about such decisions, but I have been pleased with the product WebRoot has put out.

Tyler T.

hands down the best. Webroot is who you want watching your back.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

If you want real protection software, that wont slow your computer down or kill your wallet. Webroot is it! Nothing is better.

Pros

Cost effective
Support agents, actually know their product
Low resource
Effective security

Cons

Central management console only allows for reboots of the agent.
I would like more control, remediation, and notification.

no reports i can find so far.

Response from Webroot Software

Thanks for the review, Tyler.
Always know that we have your back! It's our privileged.

I saw that you'd like more reporting functionality and control. The team and I have seen these requests come in recently from others as well. Please feel free to add your own thoughts and ideas to our Feature Request section so that you can help us make Webroot even better!

Business Feature Requests: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/ent4

All the best and thank you again!

Webroot Community Support Team

Nyeisa B.

Why i choose Webroot over other antiviruses

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Webroot is a all around simple antivirus that keeps all your devices safe from harmful files and viruses. You can cover up to 5 devices under one membership

Pros

Webroot is fairly priced in my opinion and not only that but you are allowed to have up to 5 devices per each membership. So you could cover your cell phone, labtop, desktop PC and whatever devices under the same membership. It runs smooth and it hardly ever slows up your PC or device while it is running, sometimes it will a little bit when you are scanning with it, but not slow enough to complain about unlike other antiviruses.

Cons

There are certain options it has that I have been trying to figure out and has been time consuming for example It took me forever to figure out and set up the password manager it offers, but it is something I really needed in my life. It has system optimize and system analyzer with it but it should have more options such as defrag or uninstall apps etc etc.

Gary H.

Keeps computer secure

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

We've had no issues with Webroot to date, so it seems to be a pretty good security suite that runs unobtrusively.

Pros

We got this security software package when purchasing computers and support package from Best Buy/Geek Squad. The program runs in the background with minimal CPU usage and hasn't allowed any suspicious malware, viruses, etc. on the computers (as far as I can tell). It also has a web browser app that keeps you secure when browsing the internet on your phone.

Cons

There's not much reporting with this software. I like to see what it scanned, what it discovered, and actions taken, but in more detail.

Threat Intelligence

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

It ensures that data from millions of sources, including real-world endpoints and our embedded security partners. Select data points are correlated across URLs, IP addresses, files, and mobile apps to enable predictive determinations on where threats may emerge, based on a guilt-by-association model.

Pros

Very rarely requires an increased hardware profile
Integrates directly with the partner's management console, policy engine, and reporting infrastructure.Scales across the partner's product lines, from solutions for SMBs to those for remote offices or roaming machines, to the data center
Development efforts that can be leveraged across the same range of product lines.

Cons

From the time it was installed to the time it was up and running we hadn't had any major issues that would cause any type of concern.

Emily A.

Webroot Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

I use Webroot on a daily basis and have been extremely satisfied with how quickly threats are removed on endpoints.

Pros

Easy for users to scan their own PC. Sites that need attention stick out in the portal and are easy to access right away.

Cons

Webroot portal could be a little bit easier to navigate. We also have issues with Webroot installed on Macs and needing to uninstall and reinstall the software multiple times in order for it to properly report.

Maybe the best antivirus solution for a MSP

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Webroot SecureAnywhere its fits so well we our business, allowing us to secure all our costumer’s network with a minimal footprint agent installed on every endpoint.

Is an easy deployment solution and even easier to manage, because it’s a cloud-based solution that allow us to monitor every costumer easily in a few minutes.

And because it’s a cloud based solutions, we don’t need additional software or hardware installed to start to secure the network.

Another AV solutions offer different kind of licenses according to what kind of device you want to secure, but with webroot one license work with workstation and servers the same.

Pros

The small footprint of the agent, because it help with an easy and faster deployment

Cons

Dosn't support Linux distribution and that is something that make you thing if is the right solution when you have many linux endpoints

Andrew B.

Great fit for an MSP

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Pros

I love that this is completely cloud-hosted and managed. We have used other centrally managed endpoint security solutions in the past that required us to host our own deployment/management infrastructure, and this is a far better experience. Nothing to support or troubleshoot, just setup and go. It ties into our RMM (remote monitoring and management) software solution perfectly, and allows us to control organization deployment and basic scans from there. If we need to customize any settings or allow whitelisting of applications or pathways, it is extremely easy to setup from the portal.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve as it pertains to setting up organization-specific policies. That said, it works quite well once you get used to it. We have not had any major breaches or malware attacks since switching to this product.

Rich T.

Excellent program at amazing price

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

The problem my customers want to resolve are false positives and a high impact on computer response. With Webroot, customers are no longer required to shut down their AV software to access internal website that do not have security certificates. Additionally, they arne't waiting 10 minutes for a computer to be ready at bootup while the software scans. This software scans in the background with no noticeable impact on performance.

Pros

I love the price of the software. It is easy for me to sell to my clients and easy to promise virtually no impact on their computers processing speed. For those system I have this installed, I have seen a dramatic reduction in malware.

Cons

It's hard to figure out what I like least about the software. I suppose it would be having to purchase password security.

Arthur H.

We have this on over 4000 endpoints and it is fantastic

Reviewed on 2018/02/19

Pros

Takes very little system resources.
Since we started using it our Virus infections have dropped dramatically
The management console is easy to use
We have had very few comparability issues with other software packages

Cons

We have had a few bugs with updates. They were corrected quickly
It can be a little confusing for end users to use

Response from Webroot Software

Thank you so much for the 5 star review, Arthur! I'm excited to hear that you're enjoying your Webroot experience!

Our product team is always looking to rollout our products in the most effective and efficient way possible but sometimes, bugs happen. We are always looking to improve this process and will continue to do so moving forward. I'm happy to hear that we corrected the issue quickly for you.

Thanks again for sharing.

Drew
Webroot Community Team

The last AV you will ever need

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Webroot proofs to be a cost-effective alternative to the main contender software on the market.

Pros

We have Webroot rolled out at most of our clients. I have it installed on all the sites I support as well as my company laptop.
The software is small to download and takes seconds to install. Scans are done very quickly while it also monitors and checks file's MD5 signatures on the fly.
Webroot is the only AV that I know of which has a small enough memory footprint and low system impact, that it can run alongside another AV package. It has even picked up malware which passed "the main" installed AV in cases.

Cons

There is not much to add in this column. The software is well rounded.

Gyozo K.

Ligthweigth and doing great job most of the time.

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Unique technology for 0-day threats.

Pros

- Very easy to implement, it is quickly done (4-5 sec/enpoint) and can be installed besides any other endpoint protection.
- Does not use offline database - no houly update dowloads needed at all.
- More precise than others we used and used to sell before (eg. ESET, McAfee, Symantec, Kaspersky, Avira, Sophos).
- Easy to use central management.

Cons

Gives you no information on found malware at all in the endpoind other than a file was found to be malicious (eg. malware type (eg. PUA, trojan, crypto...), MD5, etc.) - you get the deatils in the cetral manegement console only. Therefore, impossible to deal with in on the client side when need be.

Nathan M.

Speed, but with sacrifices.

Reviewed on 2016/03/29

I've used Webroot Endpoint Protection for a little over two years. I've found every aspect of the product to be excellent except (and this is a big except) actual detection of threats, and client speed on OS X systems.

Webroot allowed several common worms through at my client's location, and did not detect them on a standard Windows 7 installation, even on repeated scans, after I was able to confirm that the infected downloads and compromised .dll files were within the scope of protection.

Needless to say, this did not inspire confidence. I wound up using a Kaspersky live stick to remove the infections, and installing a realtime threat detection system using Suricata and ClamAV to meet the data security needs of our clients and ensure we were meeting the obligations of our contracts.

Pros

Very easy to use and deploy, administrative console allows excellent granular controls of client privileges, scope of protection, and endpoint groups. Integrates with Windows server products for deployment (though I use Samba instead, so this was not an option), and provides a centralized point for administrator notification and action when compromised/infected systems are detected. Client seems relatively fast and works on multiple platforms, though see below re. OS X.

Cons

In my experience, Webroot, though the exposed end is fast and well-designed, does not reliably block or detect common threats. This is obviously a Big Deal in a product billed as enterprise-grade antivirus/antimalware. One employee at the affected client's office was able to download three separate third-party software installers containing malware payloads on a Saturday, install them, and work for a full weekend before I arrived back on Monday to complaints that her machine was being "slow and weird". I discovered that Webroot, though fully deployed and set to monitor downloads, warn on browsing, and scan the affected directories, simply had not alerted on anything. At that point, it doesn't matter how beautiful the interface may be: antimalware software which lets common malware through is essentially useless.

Also, while there is an OS X client, it's buggy and slow. It causes problems with network browsing and network virtualization with both VirtualBox and VMware Fusion, and it results, for some reason, in systemwide UI slowdowns, which suggest to me that there may be some elemental problems with the codebase: use of deprecated APIs, memory leaks, etc.—not usable.

Response from Webroot®

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Nathan.

All threat related matters need to be handled by our Threat Team directly. You can open a ticket or contact our Team by phone for immediate assistance.

Open a Support Ticket: http://mysupport.webrootanywhere.com/supportwelcome.aspx?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA
Business Technical Support:
Call 1-866-254-8400

Regards,
Josh P.
Digital Care Coordinator

John H.

One of the absolute BEST security vendors to work with.

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

Efficacy, ease of use (It's set and forget), web threat blocking is second to none. Centrally managed through a console and no definitions to download on the system making it the lightest in the world.

Pros

The product is the lightest in the industry and all management is done through a centralized web console. Efficacy is one of the highest in the industry as well. The Web Threat Shield and Webroot's cloud intelligence is very good at keeping you away from nasty internet sites that contain malware payloads.

Cons

They just need to integrate all of their product portfolio into the Global Site Manger console. Other than that, it's a perfect fit for MSP's and home users alike

Rahshee W.

Webroot just as good as any other antivirus

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

This is a great antivirus you could use it on all your devices, I like using it better than Norton thats for sure. I would recommend it to everyone

Pros

I like using Webroot because it is fairly priced and once you buy it you could use the same license up to like 5 different devices if you want I have it installed on all my devices and my office PC. It does once in a while slow up your PC when it is scanning but I dont think it is as much as some other antiviruses out there. I can set it to do automatic scans at times when I am not using the PC so it does not interrupt what I am doing with scans.

Cons

It has a password manager option that would be cool if it was a little bit easier to understand and operate I dont know why I still have issues with it filling in my passwords and having to correct it sometimes. I also think it should have a monitoring system that automatically scans incoming emails and separates junk from real emails that would be cool

Beth M.

Works in the background and doesn't screw up our system

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Lack of malware.

Pros

Webroot runs on our business platform and works and plays well with others. In the past we've had anti-malware software that conflicted with other virus protections and brought things crashing to a halt. Webroot runs in the background and does it's thing without bothering anyone.

Cons

I understand it can't do anything once the computer has already been attacked and gained certain types of access. That said, we are using this as part of a suite of products to keep our data secure and safe. It's not as cheap as some others, but it is designed for the business environment.

Easy to use software that does not slow down your PC

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Overall it is easy to use, scan quickly and protects my PC

Pros

It is very easy to install and use. Running a full system scan is also very fast. I like that it does not slow down my PC and the protection seems pretty good. It also has a good price as compared to some of the other protection software products.

Cons

I have had the software for some time and in a few of the earlier versions it did not protect as well against malware so I did have a bit of trouble. But in recent years it has been improved. Currently I use it with Malwarebytes and have had good luck with the two.

Adam C.

Simple and effective monitoring tool

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

I like that the deployment of the software is smooth and innocuous. It's easy to install and setup on a network.

Cons

If you run apps that are custom built this app can either block those from working all together or bring your system to a grinding halt.

Having to go through the process to white list an app can be daunting. It's possible and support responds, but it's usually to request log files and then they request a reinstall. This is followed by alot of back and forth until it's escalated and they find the root cause of the issue.