Showing 39 reviews of 28

Office Timeline

Product roadmap & timeline tool for PowerPoint presentations

Showing 39 reviews of 28
Rick B.

Making Timelines of Important data has never been this easy! A few clicks, population, done!

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

The software made it so much easier to present detailed, informative, and engaging Timelines to customers, as well as to other stakeholders in the projects in which I am involved. It allowed me to pull the audience into the detail without risking boredom.

The number of themes available for different types of timelines, as well as the small details that can be customised right out of the box are really great.

Pros

The software being integrated directly with Microsoft PowerPoint makes life so much easier as it adds your timeline directly to a slide you're using. The timeline is made up of shapes and objects commonly available in MS PowerPoint, but there is a lot of intelligence built into it. The object created is not static, but can be edited to change details afterwards by using the simple User Interface provided. The Interface follows the design of PowerPoint and almost seems to be a standard part of the package. Really great software for any level of user.

Cons

The software does not create a grouped object on your slide, but a huge quantity of loose objects. If you move an object around, it will move, unless you edit your timeline through the UI. Whilst this is a nice feature to allow for unique customisation, it adds an element of complexity that not all users will appreciate. (The only reason Ease of Use loses a star.)

Response from Office Timeline

Hi, Rick! Thank you for reviewing Office Timeline! It¿s great to hear that you are overall pleased with the add-in¿s performance and output.
When manually changing the elements of your timeline, please click the Accept button on the Office Timeline ribbon. The add-in can handle a variety of custom changes, but there are some that it doesn't support. When clicking Accept, the manual edits that are supported will be saved, while any formatting that is not supported will be reset to default. A solution for the latter case is to make these unsupported manual changes right at the end, after you've finished editing your graphic.
Also, to group multiple tasks on a single row, the Tasks-in-a-row functionality may be helpful. You can learn more about it here:
For further assistance, please contact us at support[at]officetimeline.com.
S. Stingu - Head of Marketing

Antonis D.
  • Industry: Photography

I used this software for presentations and projects at the Uni.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

To manage daily / weekly schedules and projects.

Pros

It's an easy tool to manage tasks and overlook current project developments and timelines. It helped me to create weekly schedules concerning my projects in the university.

Cons

The design could be more modern and more interactive. It's easy to use but there are improvements that could make it look more professional and modern.

Response from Office Timeline

Hi, Antonis! Thank you for using Office Timeline and taking the time to review the tool. It's great to know that you consider the add-in easy to use and that it has helped you with your presentations.

We strive to develop the app on a regular basis, so please make sure to update it whenever notified so you don't miss out on its latest improvements and enhancements.

Melissa W.

Office Timeline creates effective timelines for PowerPoint presentations.

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Office Timeline creates effective timelines for PowerPoint presentations. The ease of use to create professional timelines using office timelines is cost-effective and simple. The free version will have you hooked and the plus version is well worth the cost.

Cons

Updates to Office Timeline could be better scheduled and less time consuming. Product is well worth the minor inconvenience.

Response from Office Timeline

Hi, Mellissa!
Thank you for purchasing Office Timeline and for taking the time to review the tool. We're thrilled to know that the add-in is helping you create effective presentations, and that you are pleased with its usability and output.

Although the add-in's performance may prove "buggy" after a major update, we do strive to improve it on a regular basis so that our customers can enjoy an enhanced user experience. It's great that you find the app to be a product worth having - we appreciate your feedback!

Sean M.
  • Industry: Design

Love this for our Projects

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

We have been able craft several plans to hand out to our clients so they no what to expect at a high level

Pros

It is so simple to put together a gantt chart, sprint plan or overall project plan for our customers in an easily digestable format

Cons

Nothing yet this has been a great new tool for us

Response from Office Timeline

Thank you, Sean, for being an Office Timeline customer and for your kind review of the add-in! We are delighted to learn that you enjoy using the tool and that it has helped you easily create clear project plans for your clients.

Nakari H.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

What previously took me time to do in power point now is only a matter of time.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

It is the perfect integration in Power point, and a perfect administrator of time, it helps to plan the development of the projects in terms of the outputs and evolution of the same

Cons

It gets a bit complicated in terms of downloading and updating, the users would value more customer support.

Response from Office Timeline

Thank you, Nakari, for choosing Office Timeline and for your kind review of the tool! It's great to hear that you find the add-in to be efficiently integrating with PowerPoint, and that it helps you plan the development and outcome of your projects in a time-efficient manner.

If you require assistance or want to learn more about the app's functionalities, please contact us at feedback[at]officetimeline.com or check out our support center at the link below:

Hillary S.

Must have PowerPoint add in

Reviewed on 2017/01/03

I needed to quickly create a Gantt chart that I could use in my engagement planning document. The Office Timeline add in does just that. I found it to be quite intuitive and I was able to get the graphic I needed within 10 minutes of installing the software.
At a later time, I needed to create a timeline using hours and minutes but that feature is not yet available. I've contacted their support line which was very responsive and assured me that I will be able to also use Office Timeline for hours and minutes timelines within Q1 2017, really looking forward to that.
I am yet to test out their integration with MS Project and Excel but I feel I've got my money's worth already.

Nicolas S.

Great tool to professionalize your projet presentation

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Pros

Office Timeline is easy to use and give to the user all wishing functionality to create a efficient presentation. In small click, slides are greaters

Cons

Based on milestones and tasks, offie time line directly create the timeline in a pwp slide. Sometimes, you have to centralize or move a miletsones flag as it's not always fiting in 1 page

Simisara J.

Good plugin within Powerpoint to create stunning timeplans

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Easy integration with Powerpoint makes it easy to convert to any format as needed and exported.

Pros

Easy to create time-plans and Gantt charts for project management. Can be edited and customised quickly. Ready made templates are available.

Cons

The product offers fixed time splitting - in case the splits could be more controllable by user, would have added to the feature as sprints can be either a one week or two week deliverable which is based on tasks.

Response from Office Timeline

Hi, Simisara! Thank you for using Office Timeline and for taking the time to review it. We're happy to learn that you consider the add-in to be a quality, well-integrated project management tool that allows you to easily create and customize timelines and Gantt charts with which you are pleased.

With regards to a more varied timescale segmentation, I'm excited to inform you that our dev team is working on providing users with more control over that aspect. Although I don't have an exact release date for it, any new functionality or enhancement added is announced through notifications. So please make sure you update your app when notified so you can enjoy its latest improvements.

Tonya J.

Office Timeline

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Pros

Creates timelines easily in PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft project. Make your designs truly your own with the customization options. Creates timelines that are specific to the minute.

Cons

Sometimes images don't want to stay in place. Luckily this isn't something that happens on a regular basis, but unfortunately when it does happen it's annoying.

Response from Office Timeline

Thank you for purchasing Office Timeline and for reviewing the tool so kindly, Tonya! We are happy to learn that the add-in enables you to easily create customized, data-specific timelines.

We strive to perfect the user experience and further develop the app by regularly adding new features and improvements. So please make sure you always update it when notified so you can enjoy its latest enhancements.

Melissa B.

An essential tool in my project toolkit

Reviewed on 2016/10/16

Very cool software. Quickly makes PowerPoint Gantt chart slides that look really good. Replaces creating timelines in Viso (painfully time consuming) or snipping MS Project Gantts (painfully ugly and complex). The PowerPoint slides are native, so anyone who has PowerPoint can use them, edit them or share them which means my project slides are consumed and used by other around the Office. It does a good job laying out tasks and milestones on a single slide, with some automation that optimizes spacing and crowding. It also has some pretty slick integration with Excel and MS Project that allows me to link to my existing data and to synch the slide when that data changes.

Pros

It plugs right into to PowerPoint. I use PowerPoint a lot, so do my clients and colleagues. Managing my project slides right inside PowerPoint is really nice and they are very easy to share out.

Also, I have to report project updates on a recurring basis and use the synchronization feature. Before each meeting I simply open the previous slide deck, find the timeline slide I am reporting on, click the synchronization button and instantly my PowerPoint chart is updated with any changes that have occurred over the previous month.

Kurt K.

FANTASTIC PRODUCT FOR QUICK PROJECT SCHEDULES AND TIMELINES

Reviewed on 2011/08/26

This is a really helpful, easy to use tool and I love it! I highly recommend it for any projects where you have to share project schedule and timeline with others.

Pros

1. Can't beat the price. It's free.
2. Love the integration with PowerPoint
3. New Timeline Wizard is nice and saves time in creating schedule
4. Timelines look very professional
5. Easy to customize timelines
6. Great for showing project timelines to execs and customers

Cons

Not so good for very complex timelines or schedules but great for quick timelines/schedules of medium complexity.

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Office Timeline used to easily produce IT project roadmaps

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Office Timeline is a good tool to produce timelines & roadmaps very fast & integrate them into slides
Part of the Office suite is clearly an advantage in terms of integration with other popular bureautic software such as Powerpoint, Excel, Word...

Pros

Good & attractive design in slides when generating roadmaps
Various styles & colors may be applied
Generic templates usable even in the Free trial version

Cons

Free trial options are a bit limited meaning one may rapidly need to buy a license in order to use extended models
Sometimes too macroscopic views with not enough granularity in the way to represent graphics

Response from Office Timeline

Hi there! Thank you for having chosen Office Timeline and for taking the time to review the add-in. We're thrilled to know that the tool is helping you easily produce IT roadmaps, and that you're pleased with its interface and functionalities.

Thank you for your feedback, we strive to constantly develop both versions so we can ensure the best user experience possible.

Emmanuel S.

Great tool for professional timelines

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Office Timeline integrates seamlessly in your Microsoft Office applications. It offers amazingly easy to make Timelines which realy enhance your visual representation of a project or timing.

S S.

Valuable time-saving tool

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

This is a great piece of software that has saved me a boatload of time. I create project slides frequently and have been doing so for the past several years. They are primarily used for recurring reviews with my managers. In each review I needed to update the original slide as dates and progress on my project inevitably change month over month. This process was brittle, fiddly, time consuming and just painful.
Office Timeline automatically does this for me which has been a huge time-saver. Since it is a PowerPoint add-in I found it very easy and familiar to create my project slides, but the real value for me is when I need to update or change them. This now happens instantly and my mangers and team seem to love the visuals it creates.
With regard to the functionality, although it is a visual tool, I have also found it quite useful in handling smaller projects. I had used MS Project to plan these projects but it is just too complex for small efforts. This tool has worked really well for that because it is simple to use and very easy to share project slides. The MS Excel and .mpp import and synchronization feature are very good and it leaves me wishing the software had actual PM functionality in the tool itself things like some WBS and some resourcing and cost reporting.

Overall I have been extremely pleased with it.

Pros

1. Integrates natively with PowerPoint and makes very nice looking Gantt charts and timelines.
2. I can import existing data from Excel or Microsoft Project and it instantly turns them into nice slides; I can synchronize these slides when my Excel or mpp data changes.
3. The slides it makes are native PowerPoint slides so they are easy to put into presentations, share with clients and managers and easy to edit. They are familiar for everyone else which is good.

Cons

1. Would really like to see more Project Management types of services, like resource tracking and budgeting.
2. Would like to see an adjacent online service for storing and managing my slides and any templates I build.

Rajit A.

Quick, Easy and Fancy

Reviewed on 2016/10/10

Had some presentations to get ready and with Office Timeline everything was ready on time! Really happy with the decision of purchasing this piece of software.

Pros

Easy to use, good looking

Cons

Not available on Mac

Stacy P.

Easy to use and makes presentations professional and informative

Reviewed on 2017/11/18

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and it does not take long to familiarize yourself with functions. It is easy to drag and drop points to make your timeline.

Cons

There are different versions and if others don't have the same version or updated version, the collaboration gets a little tricky.

Jose A.

The tool is very good facilitates the creation of Gantt graphics

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

I found this software in its free trial version when we studied the Gantt charts for the organization and management of projects, I was looking for a tool that will facilitate the design and allow me to assemble the graphic in an easy and understandable way for the rest of my colleagues, What I liked about the application was that it works directly with PowerPoint and it includes templates that make it much faster to prepare them.

Cons

Account only with versions for computers would be good to implement an online version and existing versions are more compatible with each other.

Response from Office Timeline

Thank you, Jose, for your review of Office Timeline! We¿re glad to hear that the tool has helped you create Gantt charts that are easily understandable for your audience.

It is with great pleasure that I inform you there is a web-based version of this application called Pincello, which allows you to create timelines right from your browser. To learn more about the free online version of Office Timeline, please visit this link: https://www.officetimeline.com/pincello

Sebastian Stingu ¿ Head of Marketing

Great for presenting time lines in PowerPoint

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Pros

This does one thing, but does it well. It will create a timeline with milestones and tasks as a slide in PPT. It uses Excel for easy data entry/editing and allows a variety of styles. I've been surprised how many uses I've found for it - normally communicating process for a project. The results have gotten consistent positive comments - and it doesn't take much time.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but it's worth it. Use their videos and tutorials, the time is well spent.

Response from Office Timeline

Hi there! Thank you for being an Office Timeline customer and for taking the time to review the add-in. We're delighted that you are pleased with the tool's functionalities and that it helps you quickly create timelines that have received good feedback. In terms of import options, Office Timeline also integrates with MS Project and Smartsheet.

If you require further assistance with the app's features, please don't hesitate to contact us at feedback[at]officetimeline.com our support representatives will be glad to help you.