WordPress

4,6 (14 838)
Website creation and publishing platform

(14 838)

Romaric
Romaric

Wordpress

Reviewed on 2022/11/23

WordPress helps me to maintain a nice & smooth web design experience and enables me to remain responsive as per meeting up with our client's project expectations. It's really a nice CMS and I highly recommend it to every web design aspirant.

Pros

WordPress is the most flexible and easy-to-work-with CMS I've used so far. I tried out other alternatives like Drupal and others, but WordPress makes the entire web-building experience easy.The tool is beginner friendly and supports a lot of third-party plugins which broadens its functionality, making my designs look great.There are many documents (provided by wordpress.org) for beginners who are just getting started and kin of help to minimize the apprenticeship process.I can't emphasize enough the flexibility I have when working on my projects (and clients') with WordPress. As a matter of, it's a tool I can't do without.

Cons

One major problem with WordPress is that there is no live support--the only place to get the support it's the community forum which isn't guaranteed (as support is provided by random users).

Ngala Emmanuel
Ngala Emmanuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

It's free, easy-to-use and ideal for building great websites

Reviewed on 2023/09/03

WordPress helps me to design websites for my customers on Fiverr and in my location easily. It's a time-saver.

Pros

WordPress as per my experience offers the best website content management solutions for individuals and large businesses to set up professional websites even with no skills in PHP, CSS, or Javascript. It's easy to use and very flexible too. It's fully translated into more than 60 international languages among which English and French are my primary languages. With its multi-language support, I can easily work on websites for clients in English & French-speaking zones.WordPress strives to provide quality and a great speed performance experience to users which makes it a reliable platform for large websites like eCommerce stores.WordPress also offers a comprehensive repository of great plugins and themes that are one-click ready to install and customize. It's not perfect but, I prefer it over a few others.

Cons

There is not enough support for users (other than answers from the WP forum itself).

Rachael

Increasing Costs and Website Sub-products

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

I have built many WordPress websites for clients, as well as helped other clients update or upgrade their sites and/or add new content and features.

Pros

Since it is rather ubiquitous, hosting platforms have created ways to work with WordPress sites more efficiently. Also, WordPress offers a vast array of options for layout, design, features and functionality due to its open source format.

Cons

WordPress made a significant leap in software offerings and hardware demands, beginning in 2018, but advancing in 2019 that have led to many websites breaking, being quite out-of-date and unstable, and/or incompatibility issues between hosting platforms, PHP versions, WordPress core, theme, and plugins. Altogether, the WordPress platform has become too complex and too costly for the small business owner, even though that is a target demographic it was created to serve. Nowadays, hosting plans are increasing in cost, backup plans are required, security plans are becoming more necessary, and email plans of course are increasing in cost as well, not to mention increasing costs of feature-rich, but now expected, themes and plugins. The complexity of managing so many aspects of a site that need to be kept up-to-date (and updated or even upgraded often), along with the rising costs and tools needed to support a WordPress website are, together, making WordPress a less effective solution for small businesses. If this continues, I see that 10 years from now something else will have replaced it. I am, of course, hoping that WordPress can figure out how to solve these challenges and simplify the web maintenance incompatibility issues.

Adam

Wordpress Development

Reviewed on 2024/02/01

positive using it every day as part of my job, and always learning new things and ways to achieve what I want to achieve.

Pros

simple to use easy to add plugins, and themes to - easy for client to manage their own site and amend content

Cons

in its raw form as a platform, its pages are cumbersome to style without a plugin/theme added. also export/import doesn't always work as expected not pulling all the information from the pages/posts or graphics on occasions

GoDaddy Website Builder
Roldan
Roldan

WordPress is getting better, but they might need to be the best!

Reviewed on 2022/10/22

Great! Overall, I would still gladly recommend WordPress to my peers and friends. Despite discrepancies, WordPress is still worth recommending.

Pros

- The very thing that we like about WordPress is the fact that is is FREE and Open-Source. You cannot have one great deal with that.- It is easy to use. Gone are the days where you build your website from ground up - no any other options. If money is an issue, you do it yourself - learn to code. If money is not much of a concern - you hire designer and developer at once. WordPress just dust it off to a new level. And you know why and how!- WordPress has the most varied and numerous arsenal of plugins and extension that blur any competition. It almost got it all for you!- Support Community. Type a WordPress issue on Google and you will be very hard-pressed to not see any solution to your issue with the WordPress community on the top of the search.- Theme Builder, Theme, Plugin compatibility, support and integration. WordPress has the most affiliated third-party Theme Builder manufacturer. You bet on it, you will less likely to not be able to find the things that you need - Website building concerns.

Cons

- As always, WordPress native builder, though free, is still ugly. Riddled with User Experience Issues. It's confusing where and when the widgets appear when you need to add them.- Some of the affiliated theme/plugins are just so darn expensive. Use WooCommerce and a very simple functionality is at a hundred bucks at least. You'd be better off learning how to code PHP.- Lacks User Experience sentiments. WordPress needs to employ user experience to there website. It is still not user friendly even though it is a CMS-Based website builder.

Wix

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Just to try them all out.

Wix and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

We choose WordPress for it's flexibility, community, support and wide variety of useful website building tools.
Eldar

WordPress is a great open source tool to start your website almost for free

Reviewed on 2023/06/20

WordPress is a great system and solution for everyone who wants to create a high-level website without any code skills, give it a try it takes some time to control it but it's worth it.

Pros

-Free open-source tool with a big community and it continues to evolve.-Designed to make your website responsive to Desktop, Mobile, and Tablet-Its have a huge market of plugins for every need some are for free and some not-It's very flexible for modifications.-It's not very hard to move your site to another host.-Basically, you can create with it any website you want like an online store, blog, landing pages, or online courses.-If you are out of time to design your site there are a lot of ready themes to use.-A comfortable dashboard to control your site and monitor it.

Cons

-Sometimes you will meet some options or elements hard to delete or modify which will require some code use.-There is no official support if you get stuck, most of the solutions will be found online from the community posts or youtube but it's not a real problem.

Elle
Elle
  • Industry: Design

The only provider of its type to use!!!

Reviewed on 2023/08/25

Wordpress is the main reason my business exists. We moved from pure HTML to Wordpress in 2008 and have never looked back.

Pros

Wordpress is so intuitive and I understand its logic. It is really easy to use - for people of all levels of knowledge. I usually set it all up then train a client so they can add/edit content themselves.

Cons

I can't list any cons because I don't see any!!!

Rama
Rama
  • Industry: Entertainment

I really enjoy using WordPress for my website; it's very user-friendly.

Reviewed on 2023/11/24

My overall experience with WordPress has been exceptionally positive. Its user-friendly interface, versatile tools, and seamless functionality have made managing my website a thoroughly enjoyable and efficient process.

Pros

I like adding and editing articles, as well as scheduling them. I appreciate how seamless it is to use, especially when adding categories.

Cons

I wish to have some tools that can help me manage my articles, especially when I'm adding photos and text.

Joomla

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

WordPress was more easier in adding the articles and categories
Jon

WordPress Allows for Easy Website Hosting!

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

Overall, WordPress provides us with a great value and that in turn allows us to provide our clients with easy to manage and maintain websites for their practices.

Pros

WordPress is a low-cost solution that allows us to spin up new websites for our clients quickly. Additionally, we are able to

Cons

The overall user interface feels a bit dated and that can make the overall experience with WordPress feel less than stellar.

Weebly and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Primarily the ease of use and low-cost nature of the product.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A nice website builder

Reviewed on 2023/05/23

Pros

It is developer friendly and widely used. It has community support and a lot of plugins for free. Templating of site is relatively easy.

Cons

Premium plugins have a monthly cost. In most cases you need more than one plugin to implement required functionality.

Drupal and Joomla

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

It has a wide community support and relatively easy to implement new modules for it,
Brad
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Blog + Application Framework + Content Management System

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Using WordPress, we were able to rebuild our public facing website and our staff intranet simultaneously on one installation. And we were about to roll out features and updates at a pace that suited us. In the title, I mentioned Application Framework - WordPress is so extensible and flexible that you can treat it as a framework either apart from or in conjunction with the content management system and blogging engine.

Pros

For starters, the price can't be beat. WordPress is open source, so it's free to use in pretty much any way you need. With most free software, there's no support, but the WordPress community is so massive that you can find help for nearly anything WordPress related. If you're a developer, it's incredibly easy to add and customize features by writing plugins. If you're a designer, you have total control over the appearance of your site with the WordPress templating system.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about WordPress. As a developer, I find some of the older APIs to be a bit unwieldy, but most of those are being deprecated in favor of new methods as updates roll out. The new block editor isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it can be disabled if you need.

Karmon
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Wordpress ease of use, highly functional, great software!

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

As an influencer and artisan I needed something with the best ease of use to deliver my content easily and quickly and this is the best in my opinion. Everytime I use this product I find something new I can do with it! 5 stars

Pros

Wordpress has been a go to source for me, mainly for my blog but there is so much you can do ! The templates are amazing and just like all of wordpress very user friendly you dont have to know how to code to use wordpress. Visually pleasing and so many plug ins to take your blog or online shop, real estate listing site or forum or heck even a scheduling plug in, so many additional things you can add or use to make using wordpress an amazing experience! Ilove the fact that also if you have your own website you can manage and moderate all your content or if you have more than one blog mange those from a dashboard all on one spot! The analytics are all right there also and being able to breakdown site traffic etc is a must. This is a must have and if you research even more you'll see all the amazing ways you to can use this little gem!

Cons

I'm gonna have to stretch on this one as I dont really have alot of complaints so if I had to list any would be making sure to look for updates and that us a stretch lol I love wordpress!

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

In the end as I have other choices I've signed up for and purchased it was the one I kept coming back to. Its ease of use and all additional plug ins etc won me over.
Jeremy
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Versatile with plenty of options!

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

Wordpress is extremely easy to use in comparison to some other website softwares. You can make a basic page for a business or blog in a matter of hours and have it up and running. There are quite a few themes that it is very likely the design you want has already been created.

Pros

Wordpress offers the most options and built in plugins if you are willing to pay. With how broad the use of wordpress is there are also plenty of resources online to help you build and expand your webpage. You can edit your site and get it up and running in a matter of hours.

Cons

When you are starting out on wordpress there are features and plugins are are only available at higher priced points. Unfortunately you have to pay for the entire year so there is not much flexibility in terms of trying things out for a short period of time before committing.

Wix and Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

When paying for a business or e-commerce site, Wordpress has a bunch of plugins that allow for trial and error without committing to purchasing individual plugins

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

If you are willing to pay a bit more, wordpress provides everything you need in one spot, you do not have to go search for additional plugins.
Chirag
  • Industry: Insurance

WordPress improved our web presence with little effort

Reviewed on 2021/09/10

We love WordPress. In one of our companies, a staff member took upon them to set up their website to save on cost. Web development companies are expensive. I set up WordPress for them. They were able to set up a website and go live within days at a fraction of the cost they would have otherwise paid to marketing agencies. SEO has worked great. Forms have worked well. We have enjoyed moving all of our sites to WordPress.

Pros

WordPress is easy! Within 20 minutes, we had our website up and running. With a 30 minute training session, staff was able to post blogs, create pages, create menus and set up forms. Prior to WordPress, setting up a website was a project. With WordPress, website management is a breeze.

Cons

When automatic updates break something, it's not easy to debug. For those users who don't host WordPress themselves, this would be less of an issue. We host WordPress sites ourselves and enable automated updates. Once in a while updates break our site and we have to debug it by logging on to our servers.

Ghost

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

It was hard to find ColdFusion developers and to manage ColdFusion server to support our website. The look and feel was antiquated. It would have cost us significant money and time to bring our old ColdFusion-based site to a reasonable look and feel. So, we switched to WordPress.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

WordPress was very easy compared to other alternatives. The plugin ecosystem was very convenient and we had local developers who could helps move our aspirations forward with WordPress.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Wish is was simpler to use

Reviewed on 2022/09/08

My overall experience with wordpress is good I still use it for my business, great features but a little to difficult to use especially for someone with little to no knowledge on designing and customizing a website for their business.

Pros

There are great features in Wordpress, the free website is very useful. I used the free and paid plans. I think wordpress for me the free website sometimes comes like a paid website I am still able to reach people, well maybe not as much as the paid website. But it is still very useful.

Cons

It gets a bit complicated to use at times. It took me quite sometime to actually figure out how to use it and I have and still use wordpress for 2 years and no doubt I still have a difficult time using it for my business.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

To be honest although wordpress is a bit difficult to understand in the beginning. You are able to reach more people and acquire followers for my blog and I used it for free for quite some time until I decided to purchase one year plans. The free website is great as well I still get visitors and likes on my blog. As for the others that I have tried to use for free for a while it didn't give me the same experience or result I have with wordpress. I'm still learning wordpress and will still choose it over most website builders.
Nagish

Best in bests, Very productive and functional with ease of use

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

I am using WordPress since 2013 to create websites, pages and my own personal blog. I started using it when I didn't know web development and WordPress empowers me to make my own website. It was very easy to learn it and make a website that I want. I have made so many websites for my friends and some of my clients and everyone is very happy with its quick construction, easy to use builders and variety of themes and plugins which can be installed and customized with a click. It helped me to succeed. I always recommend WordPress for web development to my friends because of its ease to use, versatility and power to build anything in low cost.

Pros

WordPress allows making blogs, websites, pages, e-commerce sites and even a social network. It’s so powerful. One of the huge advantage of working with WordPress is, it's very cheap and quick to build a website or blog. It is open source so it’s free to install it on a self-hosted server just by a click. I had a business idea so making a website with WordPress took no time, just installed it and applied a theme and it’s good to go. Another advantage of WordPress is its plugins. There are so many WordPress plugins which allows WordPress to add more functionality. The basic installation of WordPress allows to create pages, websites, show contents and manage content from the backend. WordPress is a really strong blogging engine so you can have your own blog and accept comments from visitors, so that’s what is in the WordPress core. But if you want to capture leads or a calendar or a signup form or a nice looking slider or whatever you can think of; you can build using WordPress Plugins, which is a huge advantage and most of the plugins to add features to WordPress website are free. Third advantage is its standard for CMS. There are a lot of free resources online where you can learn how to make a WordPress website or blog. A huge WordPress developers community and resources are available to provide support for free, so what do you want if you can get things done for free which is a huge huge advantage.

Cons

As WordPress is free so it doesn't mean to create a website using WordPress will work forever without updating. To make it work properly it may need monthly or quarterly updates to pages, theme and plugins because these things receive updates from companies which developed these awesome themes and plugins. If you don't update them time to time your website can become slower, and sometimes a plugin change in the update may break website with is very awful sometimes. So make sure to update theme and plugin on time. Another disadvantage is of WordPress is, as it is free so there is a lot of demand for WordPress and sometime you need to build a website which is right for now but after a couple of months or a year when your business expands and you want to make changes to the website, so you may need an expert to do it for you; which is very hard to find the real expert. Because everyone knows how to make a website with WordPress and customize it but very less of them are truly WordPress experts and can do what exactly do you want. So before building a website for your business using WordPress first meet an expert, discuss your requirement and ask for help so that he can guide you well to select a great theme and supported plugin for your website, So that if you may want to make changes to your website in future when you scale your business; you can do it easily with a very low cost.

Michael

Hey Look, Another WordPress Site

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

WordPress is great for what it is. A content management system for posting. If you are still of the opinion that you need a website, and don't have a lot of skills to do so, WordPress can provide EVERYTHING you need, with the exceptions of what it can't do (and you'll likely hit those barriers, but be okay with it).

If you are an advanced web developer, you'll find it intriguing, the simplicity. The difficulty in making a 100% custom theme will likely lead you to a commercial theme (template?), but then you'll settle for something that works, especially a few versions later.

Maintaining updates isn't a big deal, but don't let your website go stagnant.

Overall, I am happy with what WordPress brings to my table, having multiple sites running the software. It's not perfect, but I don't think there is anything closer.

Pros

Wordpress is an excellent, low barrier of entry platform (CMS) for the web. It's useful for beginners, and features that will be handy for advanced users.
"Web Skills" are not required for anyone, and it's an excellent publishing platform to allow a variety of users, with permissions, access to add content. It's reasonably fast, and has plugins galore. (Boy does it have plugins). There are piles and piles of themes out there, so you can get pretty close to whatever you want out of your WordPress site.

There is a nice app that works well for remote posting, but I do prefer my desktop.

Cons

WordPress is basically the #1 CMS in the world. That also means, it's the top targeted platform. Every exploit, web hijack script on earth is targeting your system. Have a strong password, have an SSL key, and keep it up to-date or you will get hacked. And even then, you might still get brute forced.

Dynamic sites don't scale very well with a high number of users, or an extreme amount of content.

Plugins are a blessing and a curse. You could setup some advanced things that then get "lost" when the plugin is no longer supported.

Finding a "Great" theme that's exactly what you want is a challenge. Making your own layout is a beyond the scope of most users. Minor customization are doable (module / drag n drop).

Stanislav
Stanislav

WordPress is the universal CMS

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Excellent product and overall experience. WordPress helped me build out several sites and in general get a feel for web design. I'm a digital marketer, so I mostly do edits and not full-blown buildouts, but even those are easy with this CMS. I highly recommend WP for anything but large scale e-commerce.

Pros

Without a doubt, the biggest thing about WordPress are all the plugins that are available. Whatever you end up wanting to do with your Wordpress website, there's a big chance that there's already a plugin for it, which not only allows you to perform complex operations without any coding knowledge, but provides you with additional tools to fully customise the setup.
With WordPress the sky is the limit to what you can do and its often a matter of being able to find plugins and tinkering with them until you've added a desired functionality.
Since it might not be fair to talk only about plugins of third parties, while reviewing the WordPress CMS (although they are a big reason it is so good), I'll also try and cover some of the things I like about the platform itself.
Firstly, it is an ever evolving one and there are constant updates. I remember when I first used WordPress and began editing and later building a few websites some 5 years ago. Back then the CMS was more basic and you would often need some coding skills to get around. Fast forward to today, themes and plugins have advanced greatly and there is far less need for actual coding - it's being done by third parties. WordPress themselves have done a great job at improving the CMS in terms of content editing capabilities for regular posts.

Cons

The core of the CMS could be expanded more to include popular options you get with plugins. Third party plugins can sometimes slow down a website or conflict with one another due to coding incompatibilities. Because of this and the fact that WP can get cluttered with a bunch of plugins and you eventually end up with a backend that's hard to navigate, I think they should expand on the core a lot more than they have been.

A review of Wordpress by a Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Thinking about it, Wordpress does make it very easy to make a website. Whether that website is fast, good looking, functional or search engine optimised is a different story. Perhaps Wordpress could provide slightly more intrinsic help to help it's users produce a website that has a chance of converting real customers. I have spent thousands of hours working in the Wordpress dashboard and have to admit that it is very well (but not perfectly) thought out and fairly intuitive. Many of our clients need help with certain relatively easy tasks and I feel like this is a good example of where it could be sightly more logical or consistent. In fact, it probably doesn't matter what anyone says about Wordpress, everyone is bound to end up using it for something at some point!

Pros

Wordpress is a very well developed, well supported and incredibly flexible platform. It's beauty is in it's ability to work with whatever look, layout or function you or your client may require. I like the fact that it is very regularly and diligently updated by a global team of developers. I like that there are literally millions of web pages devoted to help you work with and on Wordpress. I like that there are a huge number of plugins available to extend the native functionality of the platform. I like that it works so seamlessly with a database, allowing your data to stay secure and accurate while you change everything around it. I like the lightweight themes developed by Wordpress themselves. Oh, and I like that it is a truly globally recognised platform - meaning that you can work with designers, developers, copywriters and art directors from all around the world. Really, it's ease of use as a CMS for clients is a huge plus.

Cons

Wordpress websites do not seem to be quite as lightweight and as fast as websites coded bespoke from scratch in HTML, PHP, CSS and JS. The shear number of updates to themes, core files and plugins can sometimes cause clashes and problems with websites running on the platform. Managing a number of Wordpress websites takes a good deal of will power, resources and time. Adding unusual functionality to a Wordpress website can either be easy and fine . Using a lightweight and well reviewed plugin is a dream, but
it could be an impossible struggle with bloated pages of code and slower loading times, unexpected incompatibility and losing track of numberless subscriptions to seperate products and services.

Sacha

Professional websites for (almost) every need

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Adopting Wordpress as a solution for your customers that need a website, is a mandatory choice: setting up the environment is a matter of minutes, the server requirements are common and available on almost any web hosting service, the community behind Wordpress is really huge and, with standard design and programming skills, you can really pack wonderful products.
The core of Wordpress (the starting package) has a lot, but the full power of the framework is unleashed thanks to the plugin architecture and the template system (themes).
Plugins add almost any kind of functionality: from social media needs to showcases and e-commerce; from impressive sliders to portfolios and newsletters.
Themes (the template system) allow you to design truly effective communication: modern themes are designed to allow users to craft their website with an incredible detail, providing end users with the most beautiful experience. As of today, you can install a theme and setup any kind of template, for any section of your website. Not only: Wordpress is greatly devoted to web standards and trends and it looks perfect on desktop computers, tablets and smartphones.
We jumped on Wordpress since the first version, back in 2003. Since then, while implementing other solutions for huge online stores, we could provide a solution for small and medium enterprises at an incredibly affordable price. And this is really a great advantage: everyone can get a professional and effective product. Thumbs up!

Pros

Server requirements are minimal and available at a small price from any web hosting service.
Plugins architecture allow you to add almost any functionality to the website and easily write one, if you need a specific tool.
Template system - the so called "themes" - allow you to craft incredibly beautiful and responsive - looking perfect on any device - design.
A huge community of developers makes sure you can solve problems fast.
Websites can be up and running in almost no time. And can be updated and maintained by any designer/programmer, thanks to its architecture and ease of use.
Your customers can update the website easily, with an intuitive and easy to use backend.
Last but not least - at all! - as a developer and designer you can provide great products that are absolutely cost-effective.

Cons

If you have to run a complex online store, with a lot of products and categories, thousands of visitors and specific e-commerce needs, Wordpress might not be the perfect choice. But if you provide solutions for personal, small and medium businesses, this won't be a problem at all.

Emeka
Emeka

WordPress had been awesome

Reviewed on 2019/12/28

I've been using WordPress to build websites for my business and also for clients. Also I train people on how to use WordPress, thereby generating revenue for my business.

I love WordPress so much because of its ease of use, stability, and large community. Also that WordPress is free to use is very beautiful.

Pros

I've been using WordPress for about three years, and it's been amazing. I like a whole lot of things about WordPress, and those things includes:

1. Short learning curve: unlike other Content Management Systems (CMS) I've used, WordPress have a very short learning curve. It's beginner friendly, and even those without prior knowledge about website designing using CMS can get over it in just a few hours.

2. Ease of Use: Using WordPress to design a website is very easy, and you can build a website in 30mins or less.

3. Free to use: WordPress is an open source CMS, and is free to use.

4. Availability of Support: WordPress works with themes and plugins, and the developers of the themes and plugins I've used had been supportive.

5. Availability of free themes and plugins: There is a huge database of amazing free plugins and themes to get one started immediately.

6. Huge community: WordPress have a whole lot of user base, and this had led to a large number of both online and offline communities. Finding solution to bugs is easy due to the availability of those supportive communities.

7. Ease of managing WordPress websites: Managing WordPress websites is very easy compared to some other CMS I've used. One only need to login to the admin dashboard, and from there the website can be managed easily. One can post contents and edit already existing ones without having to go to the Cpanel of the website hosting account, or using File Transfer (FTP) softwares.

Cons

It is very hard to point out anything I don't like about WordPress. The only turn off of some sort for me is that some WordPress themes and plugins can be expensive. This is not a big issue as there is almost always an alternative.

Vassilis
  • Industry: Information Services

The platform to host your website

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

I started my WordPress-powered personal blog in 2009 and since then I have managed numerous WordPress-powered websites and blogs for research projects, small companies, Conference & event websites etc. I have been responsible for setting up the functionalities and content and everything is running smoothly, especially with the support of IT teams, when needed.

Collaboration with other users in WordPress is easy, as I could assign different roles to them and since they were familiar with MS Word, they could properly format their texts with the Rich Text Editor of WordPress.

What's important is that integration of multimedia files in posts was always easy with WordPress, something really important if you want to make your posts visually appealing. With new functionalities coming with each new version, things are always much easier and faster.

Pros

I have been using WordPress since about 2009, when I started my first personal blog on Wordpress.com - and it is still up and running. I love WordPress because it is probably the most user-friendly platform to start blogging or a website. There are lots of options - both free and paid - in terms of functionalities and appearance and you can easily build your own ones if you are an expert.

A great advantage is the huge user community out there, always willing to help; when I have a question, the answer is usually already out there.

Cons

As expected, the Wordpress.com-hosted websites and blogs have limitations in functionality (i.e. the installation of plugins and add-ons), but there is always the option to self-host your site so you can have full access to the wealth of features.

arno

WordPress opened my eys regarding website building and taught me the workings thereof

Reviewed on 2022/10/17

Wordpress helped to create a webpage with a shoe string budget. taught us about the functionality of a website and it's workings

Pros

Pros for utilizing WordPress
1. Straightforward CMS
This is the greatness of WordPress: how basic and simple to utilize it is. If you are not a creator then moreover you don't have to worry about anything. Indeed, even in a very restricted ability to center, you can get to know the fundamentals of WordPress. This is one of the factors that spread the word. Certainly for me .
Before WordPress, it was a postponed and confusing connection to make a site.

2. Modules
One of the essential supports for why you should include WordPress as a CMS is in light of the fact that it is maintained by a wide neighborhood gifted creators. As needs be, there are by and by many top WordPress modules for site owners to peruse. The power WordPress File has in excess of 54,000 modules.

3. Website improvement all around arranged

WordPress is the best CMS for Site advancement
1. WordPress solely focus on the experience of the clients
2. It is moreover updated for versatile

4. Functional

It has been referred to on different events that WordPress is an open-source stage. Subsequently you don't have to worry about paying the approving expense to draw near enough to the CMS.

6. Flexibility
The most versatile CMS Online
1. Modules are the most magnificent part of WordPress accepting you want any convenience on your WordPress site that you can without a doubt do with the help of the module.
2. You have limitless power over the point, customizations, .

Cons

Cons of WordPress CMS
1. Weakness
It is significant for you folks to comprehend that WordPress isn't completely secure, well no site is completely secure. The security imperfections of WordPress stretches out to its subjects and modules and it not just remaining parts to WordPress center.

1. SQL Infusion
To work, your WordPress site depends on a MySQL data set.
With a SQL infusion the programmer can make a new administrator level to your client account with that they can get full admittance to your WordPress site and thusly they can login to your WordPress site at whatever point the programmer needs to.

2. Successive Updates
In the event that you have your site on WordPress for quite a while you realize how regular the updates are, and these successive updates could block the usefulness of the modules you are utilizing, i

3 Site crash
At the point when you have introduced various modules for your site and at least two modules are there which are doing likewise work, this prompts struggle occurring among them and that will make your site crash.
The thing with WordPress is that they need to stay an open source stage and accordingly anybody can make, use, alter and share anything they desire to. That implies that sometimes an inadequately coded and vindictive programming appears and that will hurt the site.
4. Site execution and Page speed
Taking everything into account, site proprietors are essentially worried about page load speed.

Susan
Susan

WordPress is my go to source for web sites. It is an excellent platform on which to build...

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

The benefits are these:

1. User-friendly platform.
2. Ease of installation.
3. Ease of theme...

The benefits are these:

1. User-friendly platform.
2. Ease of installation.
3. Ease of theme installation.
4. Ease of publishing blog posts.
5. Promotion of my small business fits the WordPress environment perfectly.
6. I've been able to increase my web master skills above and beyond what I would have been able to do with only HTML web sites in terms of developer skills and cosmetic appearance of the web sites. It has increased my technical abilities.
7. Having a Content Management System is, in my opinion, the only way to go when building small business web sites for all the reasons listed here. It gives me great versatility when I put on my thinking cap to create something new.

Pros

WordPress is one of the most used blogging platforms on the web for some very good reasons:
1. Hosting platforms are familiar with WordPress and offer easy install tools with their hosting packages.
2. Thousands of free themes available.
3. Thousands of free plug ins available.
4. The capability of being a full-service Content Management System is the most useful to me as I transitioned from HTML web sites web master to a WordPress web master.

The reasons above scratch the surface of the outstanding features of WordPress as a web site platform. Here are some more reasons to use this software:

1. User-friendly out of the box. With each new upgrade, the front end development becomes easier to operate with fewer technical skills needed for guest bloggers, admins, etc.

2. The user can choose from the easier to use theme to most technically difficult - it is entirely up to the user to make these choices.

3. The WordPress sites can easily be transformed and upgraded by use of new themes and color schemes.

4. The WordPress forums are probably the best maintained forums of anywhere on the web. It is a nicely supportive community.

Cons

As the years have passed, I think WordPress has grown complicated with regard to the plug ins. At first they seemed like a wonderful thing...until I realized the potential incompatibility of the wide array of plug ins available.

It has increasingly limited my use of plug ins because I'm not a full-fledged developer who knows the PHP code. So I find myself at the mercy of the plug in authors and most don't offer direct support unless you pay for their premium versions. So then, there are the plug in forums (if they exist) which can be responsive or non-responsive and all points in between.

One has to be very careful to balance out plug ins because many of them have code and features included that you don't need yet it takes up space on your site in terms of SEO and hosting.

I've come to the conclusion that with plug ins (unless you love to sit and tweak your site endlessly which I don't) less is more.

Nedim
Nedim

Great web content management platform

Reviewed on 2023/11/14

One of the best web platforms on the market, weather it is blog or e-comm shop, there is always easy solutions to find for yourself.

Pros

Easy to operate and publish content on the web. We use it on dozens of website throughout the years, easy to deploy and friendly for clients to manage themselves.

Cons

Integration with cheap plugins is sth be aware of. Causing lot of issues and conflicts. If premium versions are utilized it is a good option.

Shopify