Showing 39 reviews of 29

Phantombuster

Code-free automations and data extraction solution

Showing 39 reviews of 29
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Unbelievable

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Here's just one example:
- I started with a list of names in a Google Sheet.
- I used the "LinkedIn profile URL extractor" Phantom (i.e. recipe), hit "Launch" and grabbed coffee.
- 10 minutes later the entire list of ~100 was appended with LinkedIn profile URLs -- and the accuracy was 100%.
- I then used the same sheet (now with URLs added) as the starting point for the "LinkedIn Profile Scraper."

Speechless.

Pros

I was skeptical at first, but Phantombuster truly delivers as advertised. Ready-made recipes, categorized by which platform you'd like to extract data from (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, website ... even Craigslist!) make getting started a breeze. If you need to source information or enrich data, this should be the first software tool you try out. Also, the pricing is fantastic -- definitely the greatest value-to-cost ratio I've ever seen.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. I'm blown away by how effective it is.

Gives me growth superpowers

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

I recommend Phantombuster any time I get. A must-have tool for marketers.

Pros

Phantombuster helps me with so many tasks that I would otherwise be unable to do (unless I learned python).

Their LinkedIn APIs are amazing, and they keep coming out with great APIs for other platforms that empower marketers.

Cons

Nothing really - keep pumping out great APIs!

Aman K.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Quite effective

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Twitter and LinkedIn automation work brilliantly.

Pros

Incredibly effective, especially for non-coders.

Cons

The pricing of Phantombuster is quite high.

I used this PB to generate leads for customer development in a startup.

Reviewed on 2018/07/04

Time savings and the ability to "work" while I'm taking care of more important tasks.

Pros

I love the ability to automate mind numbing tasks and reach out to a large audience. I automated reach outs to set up meetings, which would have taken forever but using PB I was able to have it run while I was at work, which allowed me to "work" on my startup and still get good stuff done at work.

Cons

I wish there were more options around timing (or they were more obvious). I often ran it once an hour but would forgot to turn it off at the end of the day and run out of all my CPU time at like 3 am.

Vlad C.

I love everything about PB, it's one of the best tools for Growth Hackers.

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Easiest automation for growing your social media base.

Pros

Very easy to use, great automation, works fine and helps us grow our following base. It's really amazing what you acn do.

Cons

No Instagram APIs that are really helping me. In rest, I'm not sure I can say something bad about them, support helped me a few times and everything was fine.

Robin L.

Perfect

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

The automation and the UX of the product : I could easily find a tutorial and was able to use their API in less than 5 minutes.

Cons

The lack of correlation between the APIs : I could not be able to use the result of one of their API directly in the second one

Hunter H.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

This was great! But i was confused on use cases, how the data can be applied

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

loved it

Pros

Ease of use. You guys made complicated , simple. But there are some confusions still looming. It would be great having a webinar .. im still new at this

Cons

The api's were a little confusing. I would like to see some detailed use cases, perhaps a webinar. I experimented with this so, perhaps I was too early in how i can apply. I would like to give another shot again.because i was also out for a few days

André D.

The best code-free data gathering tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

We use on a weekly basis for more than 6 months already. It is great for us to get data from social media profiles, which help us on our marketing efforts. Their support was not so quick but they were effective in answering my questions.

Pros

- The fact that gathers public data from popualr social media profiles, something I'd have to do manually to be able to prospect leads;
- The integrations with tools like Lemlist;
- The free trial was very effective in feeling the value of the tool;
- The fact they have an GDPR compliant email discovey built-in tool;
- The blog is great starter for someone who wants to learn how to automate parts of prospecting;

Cons

- The fact that the hours of usage don't accumulate from one day to the next if you don't use and the fact that the unused hours don't roll out from one month to the next;

Dana H.

Cut out cutting and pasting from your job description

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Their customer service is fantastic, and they really listen to what their users wants. They are constantly adding new Phantoms, and even have an active community where you can vote on what Phantom you want to see next or to request that they add one.

Pros

As a Lead Generation Specialist, a lot of time is spent researching where to find the leads. If they were easy to get, they wouldn't be leads because everyone and their mother would be contacting them.

I call this process "Nancy-Drewing" and it's the best part of my job when I come across that one website with a goldmine of information. That excitement only lasted so long because I knew my next step was to cut and paste all of that information that I found into a separate spreadsheet, dulling my mind and rubbing the ink off my shift key.

Then came Phantombuster, my biggest Nancy Drew success of all time.

Phantombuster is a library of practically every type of automation and data extraction tool you could ever need. It spans multiple platforms like LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Slack, Craigslist, Facebook, and the list is ever expanding.

What used to be a LinkedIn Sales Navigator search, followed by cutting and pasting a zillion profiles, then looking up all the email addresses associated with the accounts is now one simple action in Phantombuster to get everything I need.

In fact, it's so efficient that I don't even pay for it. Their Free Forever plan allows me 10 free minutes of execution time a day which I will sometimes hit, but rarely. As my business expands I plan on upgrading, and I'm tempted to do so now just to give them the $30/month that they rightfully deserve for such a great product.

Cons

As somewhat of a techie, I actually preferred the interface of v1. A couple of months ago they rolled out v2, and while very clean and user-friendly, I miss "watching" the automation take place in the lines of code flashing across the screen.

WOW - This probably goes in what I like most but haven't had a chance to use it yet - I was going to say that I wish they used Hunter as their email location partner but when I went to check which product they were using (Dropcontact) I saw they've added Hunter!!!

Guillaume M.

Phantombuster is THE go-to tool when it comes to Growth Hacking!

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

Pros

You can automate most tasks using Phantombuster. Whether it's LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook - Phantombuster allows you to save a huge amount of time thanks to automation.

I really like the fact that it's NOT a chrome extension. Usually, those extensions are really killing the RAM of a computer. With Phantombuster you can simply set up everything and close it. It will work on its own, almost like magic.

Cons

The user interface was a bit rough at first but they're continuously improving it with cool tutorials to help out.

Artem H.

Best automation tool related to social platforms you ever find

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Phantombuster helped to set up an automated pool to update companies and prospects info from LinkedIn in our DB.

But its just mine use-case, I believe that if you work with social platforms, Phantombuster will play a big role in your day-to-day workflow same as it did for me.

Pros

Unique, deep settings. You could set up absolutely automated scraping for your needs and just forget about it, w/e you will be back you will see that everything is done.

Cons

To be honest, I tried to find at least something that I didn't like in the product, but I couldn't...

Response from Phantombuster

Thanks a lot Artem. You made our day! :)

Julien L.

Great tool for web scraping

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

I am really happy to use PhantomBuster. It's a very useful tool at a reasonable price.

Pros

It's a wonderful tool for web scraping or social media automation. (It's a library of API)

The team still develop the platform without any break.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to set up the automation.

For social medias functions, you have to limit yourself with the usage to avoid to get ban.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The best helper for Growth Marketing

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

This tool is a must have for SaaS marketers. It would uncover new opportunities and help you drive growth and achieve results by saving time from manual routine work.

Pros

It's amazing tool for upgrading marketing to a next level. Integrations with Facebook, LinkedIn, Qoura and Twitter helps you grow social media profiles, find leads and increase awareness about your product, uplift engagement with followers.

Easy to use, great blog post with ideas and useful tool to save tons of time.

Cons

LinkedIn email finder might be improved, also lack of automated workflows that you can set up once and just monitor the channels - so that you need to do several integrations if you use several tools at once.

Super intuitive & easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

That it just takes a flew clicks to get things done. Super SIMPLE. I love that I can easily export data from a social media platform that I need.

Cons

More potential to do things that are complex. Like multiple queries for Instagram. Posts with either of these hashtags where poster only has a certain number of followers.

Nath A.

Great idea, but too many lets downs.

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

Poor, paying $1000+ per month and receiving very, very slow support waiting 20+ days for support tickets to be resolves, random bugs like execution time going to 0 on some days and just in general poor custom service.

Pros

As a whole, the idea is great - built on top of PhantomBuster APIs to make a complex, custom automation involving LinkedIn, Twitter and Email Scraping.

Cons

Documentation is terrible - they’re providing APIs so if you want to launch your Phantoms programmatically you require some level of documentation, but it doesn’t exist. You talk to support and half of them don’t even know what you’re talking about and have to put you through to other developers to actually understand what I’m saying. If you’re selling a technical product, it makes sense to hire technical support staff.

I’ve spent $1000 per month, for the past 3 months on PhantomBuster and receive very slow support, I hadn’t received a response in over 20 days from my last request and it’s just not acceptable.

Jose maria S.

Perfect Balance between Easiness of Use and Functionalities Growth Hacking

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Pros

It's so broad, and so well implemented to be able to create workflow that enrich your growth. You can create APIs from any kind of information available online.

Cons

It only lacks having an own database and visualization for all the data you gathered and created. Also, maybe data merging functionalities

• Industry: Publishing

the most useful addition to my Linkedin Sales Navigator

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

I have tried the app mainly to extract data and for data mining purposes and it does the job properly.

Pros

I noticed that the software is so powerful in data extraction sense. the results are accurate most times.

Cons

the software focus a lot on the social media platforms.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Gets the thinks done with what i need!

Reviewed on 2018/07/04

Pros

The fact that i have access to all the linkedin profiles that i need is more perfect. And they are pretty accurate to be honest.

Cons

Nothing to complain but maybe for the upgradation cost on the account it would be good to have more then an hour.

Richard T.

Great tool, not the easiest to use, but well documented.

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Saves time

Pros

that ability to save tones of time. Doing the things this tool will do manually will take hours, but this tool will do it in minutes.

Cons

not the easiest to use. However it's worth the time investing in using it as it will save hours. Plus its a lot easier than learning Python to do it yourself.