YourMembership

Transform the member experience.

Emily M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great Product for Associations & Societies

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

Their implantation team is great to work with and streamlined the big endeavor. Their response time with their customer support team has vastly improved and they are very responsive. We are an AMC and have both trade associations and societies onboarded with YM. They always find a way to work with the organization to find solutions for each organization's needs.

Cons

There isn't much customization you can do, but if you need something that they don't offer, there is usually a workaround that can be done.

Amanda H.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

The service is outstanding. My implementation person ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) has been very responsive and helpful!

Pros

There are several things that are really great about this software - it makes managing an association easy. Having the option for auto-pay is huge and the system is flexible so that we can really make exactly what we need. We are really striving to do everything in one system versus many so YM has really streamlined all of our processes.

Cons

*Need to add duplicate search for Non Members - This is VITAL! We have tons of wasted records because there is no duplicate search for Non Members
*Better way to match non member with member when the non member uses the organization name of a company that is a member
*Main Dashboard needs to be configurable - I would love to add most recent email results, active quiz/survey results and non member details. Also a notification of a member switching between types
*The email feature was sold to me as it was comparable to Constant Contact - it is not at all and shouldn't be sold that way. Very annoying that I can't resize pictures and add more widgets. The email feature also doesn't automatically remove duplicates so people are getting several copies of emails (also part of the issue about the non member duplicate check). It is also supposed to show the hard bounces but the report shows one number but then I get 100 bounces (delivery failure) emails to my email.
*Would like to hide profile fields that we don't use from administrator view

Therese B.
  • Industry: Publishing

Wrong fit for the association, our habits, and our budget

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

My overall experience was okay, but as YM kept growing and getting more expensive, the customer service got spottier and spottier. I had the feeling that they had grown faster than they were able to keep up. When my website's appearance started to look dated, they wanted to charge me about 1/3 again what my annual fee was to change the look. I found the interface in posting content to be a challenge because I couldn't do any editing from the frontend and was constantly going back and forth between frontend and backend.

Pros

I originally purchased this system because I wanted an all-inclusive association management and registration software which YM provided. YM also was able to integrate through an add-on with QuickBooks. It automated my membership dues invoicing.

Cons

Price kept going up and up without a corresponding increase in value.
QuickBooks add-on was an additional expense when other systems were integrated with QuickBooks Online at no additional expense.
The member communication options were difficult to use and explain. My members never took advantage of them to communicate among themselves.

Jennifer G.

Great All-In-One Option

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

We have had a great experience thus far with YM! If we needed help getting something set up or corrected, we are able to contact support and receive almost immediate assistance. The ability to collect membership dues, event registration payments, provide an informative website, manage membership records, etc. all in one place is great and it's easy to use.

Pros

I like that everything we do is in one spot! We are able to manage our website, database and memberships, as well as events all with YM. I also have found it quite user friendly which is nice when I do not have much time to devote to figuring out how it works.

Cons

I wish it were a little easier to see our membership numbers but we have more than one organization represented in our database so I'm not sure if that's possible and I have not had the time to talk through with YM what our possibilities are with finding a solution to something like that.

Heather B.

Product is one of the best and just keeps getting better and better

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

I have been using YourMembership for over 5 years and have multiple clients in the AMS. The software is affordable and I love that they are rolling out improvements and updates regularly. You don't have to pay for "upgrades" and you are always on the latest version. Lots of robust functionality and 98% of the features I need and want. We did $4M in event registrations for my chapters through YM last year with no fuss and it handles registration for my annual meeting as well. Almost everything I could want for my association.

Pros

easy of use. number of features

Cons

Really need exhibitor/sponsorship sales management options.

Janine C.

YM offers great functionality

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

Overall, I've had very good experience with the software and I especially appreciate YM's efforts to respond to users' requested revisions and improvements such as website editing functionality.

Pros

Given that this is my first experience with membership software, I have heavily relied on YM's high quality integrated tutorial videos and indexed knowledge database. When I have a unique problem, I receive very quick and quality responses from support staff via the integrated email system. For more complex questions, YM readily offers support via telephone calls.

Cons

I don't have full confidence in the bulk email capability in terms of the recipients' capability to receive. Admittedly, problems may or may not be the fault of the software.

Courtney J.

Great so far with room to innovate and steamline areas of our AMS

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

That our membership database and website are integrated into one, making it easier for us to connect with our members and ease many management woes.

Cons

At times, I don't like that many innovative features are packaged as add-ons versus just upgrading the AMS in general. Even if our annual pay-in to use Yourmembership had to increase to cover the cost, I'd prefer that than adding on several add-ons over time.

Tracey D.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

Pros

The ease of the most commonly used features.
The dashboard is extremely helpful.
But possibly what makes the software most successful is the people at YM who are quick to respond to questions and patient talking through the answers.

Cons

Using the design functions in the emails.

Rose B.

Your Membership Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

YM customer support is very good. They are always responsive to my questions or concerns.Very helpful.

Pros

I like the price point and also that it comes with a AMS and website included in the price.

Cons

There is not a lot of customization as we had with our previous AMS...so sometimes you can not get the data you want to get or you can't set up an event like you want to set it up.

Virginia H.

It is very strong system that works out of the box.

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Pros

It is very intuitive to use. The online support available, through videos and articles makes learning easy. Even those uncomfortable with technology are able to work through this system, while those more comfortable can take advantage of some really nice features.

Directory reports are easy, the dashboard gives a great snapshot of where everything stands, and creating our website and making changes to it are as easy as typing in Word.

The implementation went smoothly because of the great actions of the YM implementation team. They helped us set up the system in the best way for our specific needs.

Cons

The events section is not as robust as in some other CRMs. Admins don't have any more rights to change/ alter a registration than an end user, so for more complex events you ahve to create a lot of promo codes and, sometimes, separate private events.

Chloe H.

Non profit membership management

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

It has taken a long time to get to grips with the system for a very small organisation and there are still many issues

Pros

It works as an overall system for our charity quite well

Cons

The template pages are not easy to use without HTML knowledge
I really don't like some of the layout which cannot be changed - is big gaps in some areas

Jennifer M.

Not a very happy experiwnce

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

I have yet to see benefits from this software that I can't get somewhere else. Granted it keeps track of all of my members but so do other software companies

Pros

It is easy to download lists that you need of your clients or members, that is about the only thing that I like about it

Cons

I do not like the support team. I put in a ticket almost 24 hours ago and haven't heard anything back. Any time that I call I get sent to a voicemail. My company has been with them since 2012 and paid 7K a year but when I need to change the look they want 2.5K more. We are a non profit and are on a much smaller budget so this is alot. As soon as my board approves it I will be taking my business to another company. If you are a large company that needs many bells and whistles then they might work for you but we don't and it makes navigation so hard. It was easier to create a new website through Wix and send a newsletter through their platform than to send something through your membership. I'm sure that for some companies this is what they need but if you are a small business or non profit there are much better options out there like Alumni360, Memberclicks, Member 365 and others

Kim S.

A valuable product with at a great price.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Alot of bang for our buck. We are now able to integrate our database with our website which is very important to our registrants.

Pros

The ease of use for customers and backend admin users. I like that you can customize to fit your organizations needs. It has also helped decrease our organizations use of paper, and processing checks drastically.

Cons

Reporting , its is very difficult to create custom reports. More international functionality. The directory search could be a little bit more precise.

Michele R.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Love YM Product and Associates

Reviewed on 2015/03/06

Pros

I have had nothing but a great experience with YM for our organization. It makes sense to a novice database/website person like me, and the YM staff are always helpful and pleasant. They don't treat me like an idiot, but as a student learning to work with the product. I can't say anything negative about my experience with YM!

Cons

Nothing! It is all good and necessary to my organization.

Elisabete W.

Excellent Customer Service & Support

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Excellent. Specifically the customer service staff: One of the customer service rep. is exceptional! All have amazing customer service skills and knowledge. Thank you.

Pros

Functionality: it has all that we need in one spot. There are some functionalities that could benefit from enhancements that are critical to any organization and would result in a more efficient and effective process.

Cons

Needs some urgent upgrades on functionality to enable more efficient processing.

Stratton H.

YourMembership is decent when it actually works.

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

YourMembership staff is friendly and responsive, the features meet most of our needs but the site performance is awful.

Pros

It meets all of our basic needs for an association software management.

Cons

YourMembership has constant issues with performance or being outright down. We understand that there are going to always be issues that pop up when dealing with technology. The latest issue has lasted 3 days and for most of that time our website has been completely down.

• Used Other for 2+ years

We Switched -- And Regretted It!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Many features in one package at a price that cannot be beat. Dollar for dollar this is the best association management software that I have used or demoed in 15 years.

Cons

It works better as a back end than as a front end system. We had issues with some of the page templates and YM was late coming to responsive design.

Matt S.

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Pros

I think the range of functionality is probably the biggest benefit for us. The ability to manage our member info and communications all in one place is fantastic.

Cons

With all the functionality, it is a bit daunting to get comfortable with the use of it. The FAQ resources are ok, but leave lots of gaps. As an administrator, it would be fantastic to have on-boarding tutorials for my members.

Also, the interface on creating custom pages or news items is improving, but could still use an image gallery function and better image resizing functionality.

Kirstyn R.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

YM Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

The customer service and video tutorials are very helpful, especially for a novice like me.

Cons

There are a few editing fields, or naming conventions that aren't very intuitive making it difficult to navigate.

Stanley C.

WOW!

Reviewed on 2014/04/24

We are only in the early stages of migrating to YourMembership.com, and I am already a "Product Evangelist"! This is an incredible product that is easy to use, robust and adaptable. Part of the package is a wealth of useful how-to-videos and tutorials, and frequent training seminars (both live, and pre-recorded). All are well done, and I highly recommend watching them or jumping onto a training seminar as early as you can once you elect to go with YM. The administrative back end of YM is easily accessible on any web browser, and works great on both iPhone & iPad. My only "cons" (very minor) is that you must use their approved payment processor for credit card transactions, and the QuickBooks Interface doesn't work with MAC or QuickBooks cloud. Already a terrific product, there is even more yet to come.

Kim G.

Appreciate the Tech Support

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Good. Support is wonderful, though!

Pros

Does what we need it to. Getting support is easy and helpful.

Cons

Note entirely intuitive, but getting support is easy and helpful.

Lisa W.

Worse Ever!

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

This software is the worse ever. Trying to navigate from one page to the next takes about 1 or 2 mins for the page to even load. Website is very slow in general. Not to mention, our members have such a hard time registering for events because the website is not very user friendly. The site makes you press the registration button several times before taking you to the page. My advice is to keep looking, this is not a good service.

Cons

Needs more work. Programs do not navigate very well. Website takes for ever to get from one page to another. Not user friendly for our members who have a hard time navigating.

Response from YourMembership

We sincerely value and appreciate your feedback and have passed this on to our product team.

Amy E.

Exceptional Service!

Reviewed on 2015/03/25

I've been through nightmare implementations. They are always hard and some surprise you didn't plan for comes up. In my experience vendors bail or charge you unexpectedly high fees when you don't prepare for something you should have. That has not been my experience with YM. The Service is great and the implementation support was an inclusive team approach that was invaluable. The features and software are really robust and work very well. I still can't believe how much is included. Wow!

Paul D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

My review of YourMembership.com

Reviewed on 2015/02/26

Pros

The website is well designed and has great graphics and is easy to navigate.

Cons

It is fairly expensive for what they provide. It would be good if they could find a way to provide more services for the money they charge.

Kathy C.

Looks good but lacks functionality

Reviewed on 2010/10/26

If you are a social org only, this is the product for you, but if you are a physical organization with physical property, keep looking.

Pros

The public website is lovely, looks great, not difficult to use and maintain

Cons

The actual membership functions leave a LOT to be desired for this kind of money. First of all, there is no capability AT ALL for membership NUMBERS to be added. Then, the family membership function is combersome and almost a joke in terms of how one gets family members into the system. It's more work than our old manual method. Finally, there is no way to get printed membership cards to the member. After months of wrangling, we're shopping for a new system. Don't waste your time unless you need none of the above.