PHP Pro Bid

Auction software to manage online bids & eCommerce websites

5 /5 (21 reviews) Write a Review!
4,9
Mary d. B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Excellent software and outstanding service

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/09/10

I've been using php pro bid for at least a decade. I was looking to create an auction site to host a charity auction for the Starship Foundation. The Starship Foundation is the fund raising arm of the premiere New Zealand hospital Starship in Auckland, New Zealand. I have used php pro bid for this job now and it's PERFECT for the job. When I wanted some custom work done, the service was outstanding and it was done to my specifications. If I have a question, the question is answered within a few hours or within the day.

Pros

It allows the admin to select one account to be a seller which is useful for what I use the software as a charity site. It has a clean interface, it's well thought out - the admin site is easily configurable. It allows me to do the job I want it to do.

Cons

No password reset for the Admin. That would be a useful feature.

Fred A.

Excellent support

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/12/23

Work closely with the team there and they will help sort out any issues pretty quickly.

Pros

I've been using phpprobid for over a year now. Site is still undergoing development mostly minor cosmetic changes and a few third party mods.

Ive just completed migrating the site to a another web host. I did this myself and it didn't go all smoothly. There were 3 or 4 features that stopped working and i turned to my web host tech support for assistance but unfortunately they weren't able to fix. So it was back to the team at phpprobid and they had the problems fixed in no time at all with very little questions asked, which is why i'm writing this review, my second.

To people who are still searching for this kind of software, I can tell you from experience the support team at phpprobid will be there for you all the way, through the high and also the lows and they will bend over backwards to help you get the results you want. I can't thank them enough for the support they've given me over the last year especially helping to sort out my migration issues, they are just great!

Time will tell whether you have a dealing with a friend or foe. My time with phprobid has certainly proven they are no foe but a group of people that will treat you like a concerned friend.

So to the team at phprobid.com, thank you for the support you've given me over the last year. The festive season is almost upon us - so merry christmas and wishing you all a safe and prosperous new year.

Tony B.

A longtime phpprobid user

Reviewed on 2018/12/22

Pros

Powerful and highly configurable software. Includes a lot of useful features and you can disable those that do not interest you.
The support is very responsive, competent and very kind.
Phpprobid gives me complete satisfaction for many years and I recommend this software warmly.

Cons

so far I have not found any inconvenience

Geno M.
Industry: Consumer Goods

I have used this software for years and it is absolutely 150% great! It is easy, looks good AAAAAAA

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

This software is economical and its cost is a one time fee without having to pay a commission to the company that sold it to you. This saves a great deal of money.

Pros

No commissions to software provider. Ease of use. They know the auction business and have designed it with the auctioneer's needs in mind. They don't have their hand in your pocket which allows you to be more competitive and offer better deals to your customers.

Cons

No dislikes. I don't know for sure but maybe the one feature I would like is a reminder to save your work before exit the page.

Josip B.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Great software that is easy to learn and use.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

It was customized to our needs and requirements! Lots of benefits, such as I can set up people to list under one account...

Pros

I like the fact that I have access to the back end and can update the software as needed. Also it is very versatile and you can mess things up and the customer service is fantastic, and gets me out of a mess!

Cons

Editing is still an issue, but I need to get more information before I go to fix it. I just work around it for now.

John V.
Industry: Wholesale

PHP Pro Bid V7 Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

I have used Probid on and of with a number of site of my own and always been happy it as a great bulkloader, much easier than the other auction sites around and is great value for money

Pros

The guys at support are so helpful even when I dont understand the make it simply and reply fast.

Cons

It as a bit of a problem with postage but that is in hand I am told

Alexander B.

OUTSTANDING customer support and back up service

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

Easy to use and a slick clean interface with lots of features making it simple to follow and in a few words ... it simply works.

Cons

In truth we have no real dislikes but like all complex software it takes time to understand the many features but the documentation is good .

Dave W.
Industry: Automotive

AAAAA+++ Service Quick Response to questions.

Reviewed on 2016/09/24

Love the service and the customer service. Answered every question and dealt with whatever issue i had. You want a good company to stand behind you this is the one!

Pros

Love the service!

Fred A.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: Self Employed

An exceptional product equally supported by a professional team who know the software inside out.

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

A very high level of support. Highly customizable. If you can imagine it the team can create it fast.

Pros

Easy to use admin page, very helpful user documentation that explains how to configure from admin very well with quality illustrations. If you get stuck, no problems get hold of support team and they respond very very quickly. My interactions with the programmer/s and tech support team leaves me in no doubt that the team at PHPPROBID are the only people that trully understand and knows everything about the software. My confidence in them is 110%.

Cons

The support from PHPPROBID kind of makes this question redundant.

Teco D.
Company size: Self Employed

Great Product Great Support!!

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

Easy to use, very friendly to build what you want. The support service is fantastic, always providing the coordinates for the resolution of problems, and very fast in return. I am very happy to have them found and helped me on my website.

Pros

easy to use, friendly interface, quick support and caring

Cons

I have not had problems

Eric F.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Excellent product and support!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/01/24

I have been using their software for a decade now. Recently upgraded to V8 and ordered some custom work. They performed the upgrade flawlessly and were very patient with some non-standard requests.

Pros

Very full featured for the price and absolutely the best value I found after spending hours searching the market. Customer support is fantastic, they went above and beyond and made sure everything was up and working properly.

Cons

Can't think of anything at all - it works very well and is dirt cheap compared to the competition

Wayne M.

Great Product & Fast Support

Reviewed on 2016/01/27

When I purchased this product I always believed in companies that operate 9 - 5 Monday to Friday, So when I ran into a little problem on 2 occasions and emailed on a Sunday and received a reply and enquiry sorted (not a dodgy auto reply) I was gob smacked.
The purchase price of this software compared to others is more then reasonable and the most importance is the after care.
My first initial problem was with installation, I hadn't paid for the installation service, however Jon went in and installed and sorted this for me.
Can you possibly fault that for service, No for sure.
Cannot fault these guys one bit, perfect all the way, if your looking for a flexible bit of software and support when you need it, looking elsewhere may at first seem the cheapest option, may not be the best choice.

Lawrence S.

Improved Support & Script

Reviewed on 2015/07/16

I have use the older version of PHPprobid v6 and have upgraded to V7 I have found some sweet improvements with a quicker response time for support Great job guys II would like to see better tutorials in a video for admin set up on how to do areas such as create pages and other functions This script is unmatched for the money that allows the buyer to slowly improve the site in a budget way.

Response from Online Ventures Software

Many thanks for your review! We are delighted that you like V7.

You may be interested to hear that we will be introducing additional guidance for more specific areas such as those mentioned in the near future.

Thank you once again!

PHP Pro Bid Team

Teco D.

Super product and great support

Reviewed on 2016/09/23

Pros

I had several attempts to start my internet portal, and had many difficulties in finding a solution that would fit on my needs, until I met PHPPROBID. All solutions of my problems were there in a large system and many facilities. Not to mention the support, caring and very fast. I'm happy to start my business with a partner this system.

Vank S.

Ten years of PHP Pro Bid use - my verdict

Reviewed on 2015/04/07

We have used PHP Pro Bid since as far back a December 2004. It's first class, but more than that the back-up customer service is also unmatched. They keep improving the software! Just when you think it can't get any better they come up with something new and even more innovative.
Superb product, marvellous customer services, incredible development team.

Tun K.

BEST THEN ANY SCRIPT IN THE UNIVERSE

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

i tried many different script and i always failed,Jon is the top support person who gave me the opputunity to use their product,they have 15 years background,what you need more? Awsome features,smooth design,easy to use and you dont deal with bugs like other scripts,happy to purchase pls,you will be also happy.

Leon T.

First rate response time and support

Reviewed on 2015/06/08

Guys from PHPProBid responded within a minute of my e-mail request for help. They were patient and had the necessary knowledge to assist me. Besides this occasion, there have been several other times when I received help very promptly. Kudos to the PHPProBid team and I would gladly be open to future purchases from them.

Ian L.

Improved Sales and Interest

Reviewed on 2015/04/02

In less than 1 month of publicising GB and Empire Stamps (and through the site advertising from the upgraded GB Stamp Auctions) I have made more sales (value wise) and gained more new contacts through both than I did in nearly a year of having the site that GB and Empire Stamps replaces.

Vulkan A.

PHPProbid best in the world.

Reviewed on 2016/06/06

PHPPROBID v.7. It's super. 9 years ago we used PHPPROBID v.5. v.6 and now v.7. Great satisfaction. Most appreciate the customer support that is exclusive. It is not usual for other suppliers. Very friendly and always ready to help. PHPProbid best in the world.

Marek K.

Super product and support

Reviewed on 2016/04/28

5 years ago we used PHPPROBID v.6. Great satisfaction. Now on the other site is new PHPPROBID v.7. It's super. Most appreciate the customer support that is exclusive. It is not usual for other suppliers. Very friendly and a lot of patience on their part.

Russell W.

Loving the software and service

Reviewed on 2015/05/04

I am really liking the site and I love the prompt service that PHP Pro Bid have provided. Thank you so much.