ALLDATA

OEM automative repair and diagnostic software

4 /5 (50 reviews) Write a Review!
3,7
4,1
3,9
3,8
Angel V.

All in one program for Professional Automotive technicians!

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

A total access on electronics systems and repair procedure, what made me more precise in my work.

Pros

You can consult everything about DTCs, TSBs, General and specific characteristics about all automotive systems of almost all brands,
Ideal for diagnostic tasks, repair, and maintenance, as well as technician references and shop procedures,
Easy to use and browse because of its nice look and feel,
It allows you to check the estimated periods of works,
Available in multiple languages,
Interactives schemas and It has support for mobile devices what makes easier the job for technicians,

Cons

The last versions just have online access,
The license can seem too expensive,
Some vehicles don't have total support.

Sharon E.

Worth checking out

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/01/18

Although the prices kept going up the software had a lot to offer. Estimating and invoicing all in one.

Pros

This is software for Auto Repair shops. I love the fact you can look up step by step instructions on how to do a repair.

Cons

I didn't like the price of the software.

John Z.

alldata flaws

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

fair. tech support is very good .but i can't keep calling tech support for simple problems ( too much time wasted)

Pros

the parts locating system.especially when i'm looking for a hard to find part that i was'nt able to find on other sysyems

Cons

i find their estimating portion is terrible. they tried to sell me an upgrade estimating program ( more money) & i found it to be useless& cancelled the free trial after 2 days use. also most repair programs offer licence plate to vin & car make & model. funny part is they are owned by autozone which utilizes this function.& when i questioned them prior to purchasing this product they said it will be available shortly.seven months later still no upgrade

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Shayne S.
Industry: Automotive

Great automotive software but slow updating information

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

Alldata allows us access to valuable automobile information and service maintenance records.

Pros

I've used Alldata for the last 15 years. The software is easy to learn and use and provides valuable information necessary to our business.

Cons

We've had problems with system updates and accessing the latest vehicle information.

Bryan F.

Complete Repair Information

Reviewed on 2019/05/11

It did the job when we had it, but regret not getting Mitchell1 to save money and ease of use.

Pros

Alldata has almost all the information needed.

Cons

The organization of the information is not very intuitive and can lead you down a deep rabbit hole that you find your way back to.

Tim M.
Industry: Real Estate

Repair guide for just about anything

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

I am not a mechanic. I am an IT manager for an auto dealership, and even I can figure out how to navigate my way into the repair manual for my Ford Focus. The diagrams are easy to read, part numbers are labeled, and electronic wiring diagrams are well laid out. The website is quick and responsive so that you don't sit and wait for something to load. It's a very worthwhile investment.

Cons

I have had a couple mechanics wish for the diagrams to have the ability to 3D rotate them so that they can see how things are laid out from a different angle. I have also not been able to find the repair manual for a DeLorean. I was hoping to locate the instructions for the Flux Capacitor.

Elena H.

Lots of Material to Use

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

For a vehicle store needing all the information about repairing a part in a car, this system really helps find the time it takes and a breakdown of the job. Great organization for the most part. Lots of parts available and systems to view in detail.

Cons

It could have more detail in some of the parts pages and easier ways to find parts that could be called different names.

Julianne H.
Industry: Automotive

Excellent community but some issues with accuracy

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

I would recommend AllData if you're familiar with the software already and know which parts are very reliable and which ones are not.

Pros

I love the AllData community. You can look up troubleshooting issues based on other technician's findings in an intuitive way. This is really useful when you need a quick solution.

Cons

It's very expensive for what you get. Also, the wiring schematics are not accurate (wrong color codings for the wrong circuit). As long as you don't rely on those, you'll be fine. It's a pretty big deal though if you rely on them, which can really damage a car.

Jerree C.

AllData my review

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

Accurate and quick search details when lo ok king for color codes of wiring so that I can find the issue's I'm trying to fix.

Pros

Access to all make and model schematics. Details are fully explained and easy to understand.

Cons

No cons best software out there. No cons

Elias L.

Gets the job done with little features.

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

It's a generic software that works but had lots of limitations.

Pros

Easy to use and train employees to use. Pc based using an sql server. Doesn't have long delays when starting up. Like the recommended services capability.

Cons

Lack of support for management program. No updating in last 5 years. System crashes daily and requires stopping app and then restarting. This is ridiculous and happens way too much.

Gary S.

AUto Repair Information

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

The new Alldata Repair is a HUGE improvement over the original & S3000. Yes it has color wiring diagrams. Everyone has THAT now. But with Alldata when you "click" on a wire in a circuit, it not only highlights that wire throught the whole circuit, it opens up ALL the other pages that wire is on. So you can print the WHOLE circuit without searching thru multiple windows. The user interface is different than S3000 and classic AllData Pro, but still has that same familiar feel. However the global search FINALLY works! In short I am really loving the newest version

Pros

The new Alldata Repair is a HUGE improvement over the original & S3000. Yes it has color wiring diagrams. Everyone has THAT now. But with Alldata when you "click" on a wire in a circuit, it not only highlights that wire throught the whole circuit, it opens up ALL the other pages that wire is on. So you can print the WHOLE circuit without searching thru multiple windows. The user interface is different than S3000 and classic AllData Pro, but still has that same familiar feel. However the global search FINALLY works! In shorrt I am really loving the newest version.

Cons

There was a short learning curve. Once I figured out to use the text box to let autofill take me where I wanted,.....

Joe S.
Company size: Self Employed

one of the best tools if you own a repair facility

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Being able to quickly access a hug database of everything i need to know to do repairs on any make and model without having to waste time looking through a book or using trial and error

Pros

I love the deitailed step by step instruction it gives you to do anything from replacing brake calipers to full engine rebuilds. it gives you torque specs, fluid and capacity specs as well as speciality tools and procedures

Cons

some of the exploded diagram pictures are blurry or hard to understand. not all information is avaliable on every part of a vehicle. it doesnt have newest car information

Nick M.
Industry: Automotive

Alldata is a must have for auto shops

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

We have used Alldata in our shop since it came out many years ago. We are happy with it overall. I don't think there is another information database that compares.

Pros

Alldata keeps the user interface intuitive and easy to use. The data is quality, the depth of coverage is thorough and I can't imagine not having it at our shop.

Cons

On rare occasions information that we need isn't there. There is a time lag to get info when we need it. There is no totally complete information database but I think Alldata is close.

Aydan L.

Alldata

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Overall Alldata is a straight forward and consistent labor guide that is easy for anyone to use.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use Alldata has compared to other repair programs. I also enjoy that Alldata gives you OEM part numbers on the same page as it shows you labor times for that part.

Cons

Some things on Alldata are sometimes scattered. There will be multiple links for the same repair and sometimes only one link will show the actual labor time.

A Mechanics Best Friend

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Definitely helps make the job easier, especially when your a new tech and don't have experience on a lot of different car makes and models.

Pros

I love the knowledge base it has for so many vehicles. I can't even begin to recount how many times I've had to refer to this when working on a car I never have before looking for torque specs or using wiring diagrams for tracing finding shorts and broken wiring.

Cons

The UI could use a little work but nothing major, was very quick to learn it but I feel it could still be easier because sometimes I have trouble finding a specific part location or R&R procedure.

Drew F.

Alldata is a must have

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

It is truly a must have for any automotive shop, it has great customer service and most techs destetadera how to use it

Pros

I really like Alldata for the immediate information it offers on just about every vehicle repair and parts. It is very informative.

Cons

There are time when looking up a vehicle for a labor rate and time, it does not offer an easy find and often you have to be more than a service writer to interprete the information

Pablo M.
Industry: Automotive

Great software for automotive shops

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Diagnosing and repairing vehicles

Pros

Easy to use for diagnosing problems with vehicles. The software offers step by step picture diagrams when fixing a vehicle.
The pricing for the hourly rates for labor is useful when giving quotes to customers.

Cons

The software is a little pricey to use, especially if you're a small shop owner. The software is not 100% accurate, but for the most part it works.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

Pros

I like how diagnostics are at my fingertips. I can look up certain items on a vehicle or I can look up a code and either way I am able to gain all the information needed. It is easy to use. If I ever have difficulty or questions I call and they are so professional and help me right away.

Cons

I can't honestly say that I dislike anything about the program.

Angela H.

Great tool for our shop

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Pros

What I like most about Alldata is the fact that our technicians can log on and get vital information pertaining to a vehicle they are working on. Endless information is at our fingertips! Helps to streamline our workflow and as you know, time is money!

Cons

I don't like that there are restrictions about logging into Alldata. Sometimes, we need to access it in multiple places at once.

Dan O.

Makes vehicle repair easier for both techs and owner/operator

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Pros

Instructional guidance is key to getting a car in and out for problematic diagnosis but that is where Alldata shines. Torque specs, fluid types and capacities, electric system flowcharts and schematics , just to name a few, all lend a hand to repair and Alldata has it.

Cons

Great software but expensive for us small shop operators..electrical schematics, while great to have for tracing wiring harnesses, are more "factory detailed" and can get a bit tricky to navigate sometimes. Some newer vehicles are also difficult to find info for on Alldata, but that could be vehicle manufacture fault of non info releasement.

Sarah C.
Industry: Automotive

Very black and white system

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

It’s been very easy and good we are happy with the purchase just wish pricing was a bit better

Pros

It’s very black and white and straight forward not hard to navigate. The diagrams are a huge plus for our mechanics

Cons

I wish they’d offer more for the price you pay

Elias L.

a must in the automotive industry for estimating and fault finding . no professiona shop can exist w

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

we love the new version of alldata online as it is easier to search faults and wiring has been added in color.

Cons

i cant stand the customer service for the manage part,very uneducated on their product and they have not been updating it.

Daniel H.

Great Tool for our Techs

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Pros

Software is easy to use and has a huge data base of information for our techs. We use it a lot and are glad we have it.

Cons

Its pretty user friendly and we are able to find all the information that we need.

Juan P.

Information

Reviewed on 2019/06/22

Endless information of vehicles
Super easy to navigate

Pros

The software is always up to date.
Electrical wiring diagram excellent and color coded

Cons

When internet goes down no service.
Buts it’s not there fault it’s isp

David S.

I have used Alldata for over 10 years

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Help with servicing various vehicles

Pros

I am a what you call a "weekend warrior" as to say I work on cars on the weekends outside of my normal 40 hour a week job. When I run into an issue or find myself working on something I am unfamiliar with I turn to Alldata, they have all the information you need to service any vehicle you need to.

Cons

The worst thing about Alldata is the price, the software itself is great. For some of us that are trying to support a family on a single income the price is too high. I think they should have other options for using Alldata.