Later

Marketing and scheduling tool for Instagram

Darren W.

Amazing analytics for social media

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I've been using Later for nearly 3 years and it's been a great platform to use. Customer support is good too. Prices are increasing in 2021 (I guess everything is going up in price) so will have to take a look around to see if it's still the best to use. The only platform missing for me is LinkedIn.

Pros

Analytics for Instagram have been extremely useful with hugely detailed pictorial charts covering demographics, optimum posting times, best hashtag use.
I also like the drag and drop feature of uploading new images and videos.

Cons

If you forget a channel or select too many, mid-point of writing a post, then you have to start over, which is a tad annoying.

• Industry: Design

See Ya LATER, Competing Apps!

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Overall, Later's been a great app to utilize. We tried Buffer, which didn't appeal to our experience style. Later's made it easy for us to post on multiple accounts and customize the scheduled posts. Later's helped us maintain a consistent social media presence in my organization's off-season time when our programming is spread out but we wanna show our relevance in the community.

Pros

How easy it is to use, that it's an industry standard, and the extra features in the subscription are actually worth the price. The free version is accessible to people new to social media marketing, which makes it easy for anyone to get social media marketing/communications experience. The interface makes it easy to visualize when posts are scheduled, which photos have or haven't been used yet, and which social networks the posts are scheduled for. On top of that, I love that each post can be customized based on a platform's post guidelines and, if you have different demographics for each network, you can tailor your first caption to whatever audience you're trying to appeal to.

Cons

The only issue I ran into with Later is trying to authorize Later to log into Facebook mostly because we have multiple admins on the organization's page. We ended up resolving it by finding out the only person allowed to authorize the two apps to combine info is the person with the email address tied to the Later account. It's a hassle to keep in mind, but a small one that can be relieved easily.

Katie P.

Visually pleasing and proficient piece of tech

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

This tool is great for short-term and long-term organisation. It allows you to visually map out your brand story through Insta, and gives larger teams structure to work on the details of organizing hashtags, choosing visually consistent messaging and planning each post. The conversation tool is a smart function, and the general layout is very easy and intuitive to use from the get-go.
Ps. The blog offers some pretty useful insight too. All in all, I really like this brand.

Pros

The layout is smashing. Being able to view a calendar and also a 'bank' of images is a great idea. I've played around with other services and Later by far offers one of the 'cleanest' and easiest to use interfaces.

I've introduced this product to a small-sized start-up I am freelancing for (replacing Hootsuite) and they've seen a consistent increase in engagement on Insta. The price plans are fair and allow for smaller clients looking to develop side-projects, like another of my clients who considers himself a 'technophobe', but has now started his own Insta channel to support his blog. After a few training sessions, the platform is so easy that he's now managing his own hashtags and scheduling with a few pointers from me.

So, to summarise: good free option, fair pricing scale for smaller companies, great features (scheduling, hashtag finder, conversation manager), very easy to use platform. Remember, this comes from someone who is working as a freelance content writer and content strategist. My clients are mostly startups and individual professionals (ie consultants). My experience with later, therefore, is limited to the free plan and smaller pricing plans - I've not used the Brand/Starter packs for business.

Cons

I'm scraping the barrel here...

The hashtag function is pretty smart, but beware - whilst it recommends hashtags within the topic, the hashtags themselves can go beyond irrelevant and become downright inappropriate (I have experienced on more than one occasion googling (instagoogling?) the hashtags recommended by Later's tool and getting a lot of 'modeling' pics eg #gorgeousview, a hashtag related to #stunningview etc - half-naked chicks wasn't the vibe/audience the client was going for. Not exactly Later's fault, but something to be warned of that it looks like a 'quick fix' to a part of the Instagramming that really takes time and effort to research and execute properly.

That's about all the complaining I can do.

Sarah P.
  • Industry: Online Media

Excellent Instragram Scheduler

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

Before finding Later, I struggled to maintain consistency with my Instagram posting and a cohesive look was nonexistent for my account. Being given the ability to schedule out several days or even a week's worth of posts, and arrangement them so they looked nice together has been a game-changer. I have gone from 500 followers to over 10K followers in the past 2 years thanks to the consistency and visuals Later provides me.

Pros

My favorite element of Later is the grid display. When uploading your images/content to the scheduler, yoit makes it easy to view the images in a grid similar to the Instagram layout. By seeing your content in the same layout it will be posted allows you to arrange your content in an order that allows the images to look cohesive.

Cons

Honestly, I do not have any complaints about the app. I find it easy to use, and it meets my needs perfectly.

Lucy S.

Their Support Team is Terrible

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

While their software is good, it does not outweigh the fact that I am losing clients because they can't be bothered to respond to my emails or chats.

Pros

I really like Later's easy to use features. It's very good for visually scheduling Instagram posts.

Cons

I have been emailing them for over 72 hours trying to add two new Instagram profiles to my account. I've sent multiple emails & chats with no response.

It's extremely upsetting that they're are causing turmoil in my on-boarding process especially when I am trying to pay them more money.

If they're going to take 48-72 hours to get back to paying customers, please just allow us to automatically add new accounts on our end.

Jessica H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Social Media Software!

Reviewed on 2020/01/04

I love Later, as it allows us to schedule to Instagram Stories and visually have a library to review. Using this daily, it allows us to quickly schedule reposts - esp on Instagram with tagging users and location.

Pros

The pros of this software is being able to schedule content across all major Social Media platforms - including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. It's nice to visually see posts, to have a media library of all scheduled content - with capability to tag and organize such.

Cons

The cons of this software are the inability to schedule to LinkedIn. Additionally, unselecting a platform in a scheduled post can be a bit of time. You have to go bak and make sure whatever platforms you have selected are ones you want post to go to. Its a bit different than competitors but really modern style and look.

Rachel H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Does the Job... Once You Figure It Out

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Later gets the job done, but some people on our team prefer to post directly in Instagram and schedule Facebook posts using Facebook's own post-scheduling function, particularly with multi-image posts that require manual action for the post to go live.

Pros

Our team has been able to schedule image-based posts to Instagram and Facebook as far in advance as we're able. They've recently added the ability to schedule a post across multiple accounts, which is much easier now that you don't have to copy/paste from one to the other. We can upload all the images we want to use at once and then schedule them out as needed.

Cons

You must start with an image, rather than writing content and adding an image later. Multi-image posts can be created and scheduled in Later on the computer but must be manually posted via the mobile app when the time comes. To use Later well for Instagram and Facebook, you MUST have an Instagram business account and it MUST be linked to a Facebook page.

Sara T.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Invaluable for Social Media Managers

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

I manage a lot of social media for companies and this allows me to set up, implement, and schedule lots of posts quickly and easily without having to miss a time to stop what I am doing and post something (specifically to Instagram). My workflow is so much better for this app.

Pros

The visual calendar is my absolute favorite feature of Later. I can easily visually layout my weeks and months' worth of posts visually without having to make a calendar or rely just on dates. I also love the image filter so you can see what images are unused.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike about Later that is specifically a software issue. I realize that there are some integrations with Instagram that just aren't viable and that isn't Later's fault but just the nature of the beast.

Mj N.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Love Later!

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Was looking for an IG scheduling app and this is the first I tried -- and I love it. So handy and easy to use. Love that I can use my computer and not a phone to post. But it is also accessible via phone so a win-win. I feel much more organized using Later.

Pros

I just started using later about 6 months ago to schedule my IG posts. It's so much easier using my laptop to compose and post IG posts than a phone! I love how I can upload a bunch of posts into the library and have them ready, and schedule them out for days. Also love that I can post to IG and FB at the same time! Keep tags in a little library, too, and can paste them in as needed. So handy!

Cons

I know I can't complain about a free version but I do with I could schedule videos and multiple images. That's about the only shortfall for me so far. But that's on me. It was really done everything I've needed so far.

Diana F.

It's great for casual users. It's terrible if you manage more than a few accounts.

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Terrible.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to stay organized.

Cons

​Customer service is terrible. The platform is full of bugs - had to report them every other week. After sending them several emails reporting the bugs, I suggested an improvement to the app (a fix to posting time - every time you edit a future post, the posting time automatically sets to current time which is very annoying because most of the time I want to move it a few days/hours/minutes, but then I forget when I originally scheduled it, so I have to cancel and to check original post time to go back again and edit it - I suggested not to move the time to current time because there's a button to post "NOW" so the time automatically moving to current was very annoying) They just brushed me off and told me to go write that suggestion on a forum and "let the people decide" if it was worth the fix. I mean I already report your bugs every other week, don't ask me to take more of my time to go to a different forum to suggest it. It was a legit improvement. I'm not even going to go and explain the countless of emails I have to send to upgrade my account because apparently, you can only do it the SECOND you are ready not even a day before, but the SECOND you are ready. So, I did so (after already a few emails telling them I would need it in a few days) well, they take a day and a half (I'm still waiting) to upgrade, while I have a deadline tomorrow. But they couldn't upgrade the account when I asked a few days ago.

Liz G.

Great Social Media Tool!

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

Later not only is a great platform to have to keep consistent with scheduling social media content, but they also have a blog with lots of resources and articles about marketing. They keep relative with the social trends and new updates within the social platforms to help give insightful tips!

Pros

Later is very user friendly and they make it so easy to schedule out content for Instagram! I really like how they have the option to share a calendar link of what upcoming posts you have scheduled. I use that all the time to share upcoming social content with my team!

Cons

I wish I could schedule out other social media platforms as well on Later, besides just Instagram. This tool is great otherwise.

Jenna M.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great for instagram business

Reviewed on 2019/12/15

This software has helped me to grow my following, save time, and feel less stressed out about my social media posting schedule.

Pros

I started using Later in order to increase my posting schedule on Instagram. I found that this was very easy to use and had a very clean look and functioned well. I have been using this software for the last three months and increased my following by about 200 because I am able to schedule posts to post while I am at my other job and it saves me to time and money. I really like the auto posting function the most. I have become grateful to find this software. I also think it's very affordable compared to competitors.

Cons

When I use auto post through Later it doesn't share to all of my social media the way that it would if I manually posted through Instagram. I feel like this could be easily remedied through the software company.

• Industry: Photography

Later is one of the best IG posting platforms around!

Reviewed on 2020/03/15

Overall I really like Later and the fact that I can post across all of the important platforms with it.

Pros

I love that I am able to post across many platforms using Later and that it holds my all of my tags for me!

Cons

My biggest complaint is that when posting from my phone to Instagram, I am not able to tag the post as a product.

Alex J.

Makes scheduling for instagram a breeze!

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

This is the only software I use to manage instagram. They have all the needed functionality, including auto publishing and scheduling multiple photos in a single post.

Cons

Can't think of a downside. I use this daily and love it!

Marjan J.

Great little App

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

It works really well for us. We don't need to be posting on a daily basis so the free version works wonderfully for our business. Very easy to use and easy to set up. Beautiful interface and intuitive.

Cons

I wish the Later app itself was able to post the content. What it does, is send a notification and then you have open the post in Instagram and post there manually. This extra step is the only inconvenient thing about this app.

Belinda M.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Super Easy Content Scheduler

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Prescheduling allows more time for other projects.

Pros

Later allows for easy scheduling, helpful How To training free, visual viewer for Instagram, multiple social media platforms and has a coordinating phone/tablet app.

Cons

The only feature Later seems to be lacking would be the option for automatic posting for stories and multiple image feed posts. You can schedule them but then have to remember to go back to Later on the desktop or the phone app to push the post manually.

Frank U.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Later Helps In Scheduling Social Media Content

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

Later is one of the many social media tools that helps when it comes to scheduling. It is good to use and can help publishers especially with the link in bio feature to help redirect to a landing page via Instagram.

Cons

However, it requires double authentication and that's the problem. Unlike some of the other social media scheduling tools, it doesn't go directly and that's a problem.

Lindy R.
  • Industry: Executive Office
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Later is great

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Used it mostly to publish directly to Instagram for clients and my company.

Pros

If you're looking for a scheduling app for your social media, Later is great. I love the ease of use and the beautiful layout design.

Cons

It is a great tool for scheduling but doesn't have the ability to customize the images in the program.

Olivia M.

Later Review

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

Overall, Later makes it quick and easy for our business to schedule multiple posts for multiple clients weeks in advance.

Pros

Later is incredibly user-friendly. It's easy to quickly and efficiently schedule a month or more in advance, and having the ability to create and save multiple captions to reuse at the click of a button is so helpful.

Cons

Remembering to occasionally log in and refresh the connection can be inconvenient, especially if the connection isn't refreshed in time because your posts will not publish. Receiving an email ahead of time to let you know that your connection is expiring soon would help eliminate this problem.

• Industry: Photography

Great tool for managing and scheduling social media posts

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Being able to post content without having to do so manually at the precise time I want to share it, opens up when I can share things, which has been huge for helping create consistent content and building up my audience.

Pros

This is the first software I found that let me schedule Instagram posts successfully. It also has a very clean, pleasing interface and great way to help you visualize the content you are sharing. A lot of other options promise the ability to schedule posts, but really only let you plan out what you'll share without the software actually posting it on its own. This is a huge game changer for me, enabling me to share content more freely and strategically.

Cons

The only issue I've had is with cropping images that aren't square. Sometimes it provides an error message about the crop ratio but I will have a difficult time finding a crop that works, having to take more of a trial and error approach. Other than that minor issue, I have loved everything about Later!

Craige hardel -.

Instagram and Facebook scheduler we should be using

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Really convenient to use and make managing Instagram easier

Pros

Really good interface and makes scheduling easy

The mobile app is well designed and allow me to most of what I can do on the web

Cons

It's good for Instagram but I don't quite like it for pinterest and facebook

I don't like their 100 posts per month model, they should have just make fewer platforms but limited

Fee O.

An easy way to schedule images across my social media

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

I have used other social media scheduling platforms but find Later to be the easiest and quickest to use.

Pros

This is the easiest scheduling platform I've used and I've used a few.
Offers hashtag suggestions for IG.
All my social media platforms can be done at once.
It has a simple calendar type interface with a drag & drop and you can see at a glance when the posts will go live across the week.
Support is prompt and excellent.

Cons

Hashtag suggestions are provided for instagram only, it would be good if they could show trending twitter ones - I have made the suggestion which is going to be worked on.

Nicholas S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Best Instagram Scheduler Out There!

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

You can literally schedule posts on Instagram and they will post it for you with auto-publish! This is an incredible feature especially for those who don't have time to send post after post. The amazing thing about this is they offer a FREE account with limited but still beneficial features like: auto-publish, time-saving scheduling, and media tray holder! Seriously, you'll love this product! Go check it out...you got nothing to lose!

Cons

The only con I can think of is the lack of a "first comment" feature for Instagram.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great Freemium Product

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Pros

This software is quite easy to use and allows you to organize your Instagram posts. There is also a really nice feature where you can "link in" bio to one URL without having to continually change your URL in your bio. The Free version (i.e., Basic) version of the product works great for my needs.

Cons

Integration was easy but it takes a little while to get used to the UX. Once you get used to it, it's a great product. I wish it was possible to "preview" the tiling of the posts without actually having to calendar them.

Nicole H.

I use Later to plan my social media content for IG for the week.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

- The ability to plan out content in advance is great.
-The ability to upload multiple images in advance and choose which to use is very helpful
-The 30 free posts you get a month is awesome

Cons

- There is a bug where you will have to set up a post on Later and then before it will post for you, you have to go on your phone and redo the post on IG and then go to Later to match up the post and verify the two posts are the same. be careful they have to be exact or Later will not accept them as a match and verify them. This sis a pain. I hope they fix it soon.