ParishSOFT

Church management software for parishes and dioceses

Leo C.

Connect Now is absolutely awful!

Reviewed on 2017/03/28

I have used the desktop version for over 10 years. It wasn't perfect but it worked. We were forced to get the online Connect Now version and it is terrible:

1) The Religious Ed. section takes an average of 12-16 seconds to load a mouse click. A MOUSE CLICK! That means that entering a single piece of information in one persons record can take up to 4 minutes.

2) When you are actually able to open a class, record, or individual beside it taking 12-16 seconds to open, the user functions are not friendly at all. If I open a class and chose a student in the class do my thing and then close out it takes me to the main screen instead of back to that class. That's not helpful at all since I'm in need of going back to that class record for the next student.

3) We were blatantly lied to by the sales rep and the VP of Sales as well. We have a large parish (16,000 +) and the sales person said we would be fine with such a large number. After 2 months of speed issues (Still not resolved) and being told it was our servers that were slow the VP told us, "We cannot process the amount of data that your parish has. Our sales team should have told you this." When we asked the VP why he hand said this to us when we started dealing with him the VP had no answer.

4) It is abundantly clear that ParishSofts Connect Now servers are not the adequate size to process the type of data parishes have. We had our IT team look at our serves and after numerous test it was conclusive that the issue is on Parish Softs end.

Conclusion:
If you have more than 200 people in your parish do not use the Connect Now program. Our parish has been incapable of processing registrations, sacramental records, attendance, etc because of how ridiculously slow the Connect Now program is. There are various parishes who have complained about the same issue to Parish Soft and nothing has been done.

Pros

The online version is awful. Stick to the desktop version.

Cons

Online version literally takes 12-16 seconds per mouse click, which makes it virtually impossible to get anything done.

David G.

Family Suite Implementatiion

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

We are tracking our parishioners easier now and have uploaded most of the Religious Education and Sacramental Records to the cloud.

Pros

Initial integration was a breeze. Uploaded a copy of our database and P/S transferred it to the cloud in one day. Now employees can access database from anywhere, even home, especially useful during the Covid-19 pandemic when everyone was locked down.

Cons

As administrator, when setting up a new employee, I like to test out the email function to make sure it works. In the beginning, P/S only supported a few mail sites and ours wasn't one of them. Tech support got it fixed but I want to test before turning over to employee. To do so, however requires me to put a dummy email address into the employee record so when the program generates the initial password, I can retrieve it, then reset the email address to the correct value. Too many steps just to retrieve a password for a test.

Jeanette S.

ParishSoft - Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

My overall experience with ParishSoft has been very positive. I previously had PDS which was much more difficult to use.

Pros

The software is so easy to use. Recording contributions is very easy and efficient. Thank you notes are easily generated. Love that labels can be created without have to enter additional information. The IQ feature is great and very easy to use and create reports.

Cons

I would prefer having the ability to add a new parishioner who is donating money while I am in the process of entering donations. Currently, I need to close out of contributions and enter the new family before I can enter their donation. It would also be helpful if I could store more that 5 letters in the system when sending out thank you notes.

Joe S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

St. John the Evangelist Church (Greece, NY)

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

I often praise the full functionality of the product and how the various modules are integrated, but find certain nuisances VERY annoying.

Pros

Integration of modules; Ease of creating and editing Batches; editing individual entries one at a time or many at a time; flexibility around designing and printing Annual Giving Reports and Batch Reports; ability to retrieve Batches; ability to add "Funds" to our giving list; ability to add Donors on the fly, ability to have access to Family Suite while entering donations.

Cons

1. the "type ahead" function is - to me - very clunky - I am constantly having to retype whole or partial entries until I catch up with software. I have uses software for many years and have never run into this type of issue!!
2. when I am reviewing a batch I often cycle between posting entries and often editing entries but when I return to the "Contribution" list for the batch I have to re-type the Batch Name again with all the attendant issues mentioned above with the "type ahead" function. Why can't you keep the most recent Batch Name in the Box? Also, that Batch Name rarely appears in the Drop-down box.
4. I almost always select the 100 entries option when I review a Batch but I have to re-select this option every time I go back to the Batch. Why can't I have 100 entries be the default for a session once I select it?

Julie K.

Very Complete Software Program

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

I am very pleased with ParishSOFT. It gets the job done!

Pros

Now that I know how to use the software, I love it and use it daily and with ease. It is easy to use Family Suite for your daily needs, and then, it can do whatever you want it to do with a little help from QuickReports or with the help of Tech support.
Also, the Offering program is easy to use and even fairly easy to instruct others on how to use it.
This program can do so much more than what we use on a daily basis, it would be nice to have a refresher course on how to use more. It would help to have a course on IQ alone.

Cons

IQ is difficult as there are too many options.

Jean U.

Help when you need it.

Reviewed on 2020/08/21

I like the ability to post the donations by parishioners and be able to give them a record of their contributions at the end of the year.

Pros

I inherited the software when I took the position. It was fairly easy to figure out and at that time there were manuals to help. The upgrade to the next level was easy.
While I am able to use the software on a regular basis, when I have a problem the support staff at ParishSoft is by far the best I have ever dealt with in any business or company. The technicians are friendly, helpful and above all kind and patient.

Cons

The software has worked well for our needs.

Susan H.

Parishsoft keeps our finances in order

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Parishsoft is easy to use for keeping track of the financial aspects of our non-profit religious school. I do not need to be an accounting genius to use the program!

Pros

It was very similar to the program we were using, so getting accustomed to it didn't seem stressful at all. I was pleased to move to a cloud-based program so I didn't have to worry about backing up my system.

Cons

I haven't actually experienced a part of the software that I like the least. There are so many aspects for which I am thankful.

Mary jo S.

Keeping up to date Information

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

The ease of inputting information, the organization of that information, and the ease to review the information makes this program a blessing to our record-keeping process.

Pros

I like that I can review parishioners' status of involvement in our parish and in other parishes. Being able to verify details helps me to offer the appropriate services to individuals and families. The reports are helpful for work done away from the computer as well as on the computer.

Cons

I find it frustrating to have to "buy up" to another level to be able to utilize the information we gather and input for specific reporting needs.

Terri Y.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

My overall experience has been very positive. It was a majoy improvement over out old system, and I am very pleased.

Pros

This program is easy to use. I like that it has guided support for each page or section, and seems logical in its set-up. They are responsive when there is a problem. Many updates have been added over the years, making the system better. I also like how it is integrated with ParishSoft Giving, which makes our online giving very easy for our parishioners.

Cons

I found it straightforward to use, and questions were answered quickly.

John C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

ParishSoft Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

fantastic

Pros

The ease of use and the many option to use.

Cons

There was nothing I could really say I did not like about the Software

Sarah A.
  • Industry: Accounting

Decent Software Overall!

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Pros

I love how keyboard friendly it is! You can use shortcuts through out your time using FamilySuite on a daily basis, and that makes the task go by much faster.

Cons

Pulling reports is not very efficient. There is not much in the way of filtering them, and I wish I could pull detailed reports based off of a time frame instead of just the batch name. I also wish that you could save your preferences in the Quick Entry Posting.

John B.

Parish Soft

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Sometimes I find it difficult to put in the correct words when searching for help on some aspects of the program

Pros

I really love the ease of using this program.

Cons

There are times when doing a "search" it is not easy to find the issue that you are dealing with. I wish there would be a variety of terms used that could lead one to the correct part of the online manual.

Loretta S.

For the most part it is easy to work with

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

I enjoy working with ParishSOFT except I need to improve my skills on it.

Pros

The continuity of the program and the helpfulness of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] when I need help.

Cons

Losing my password all the time! I don't know what else to write.

Danette M.

Wish we had another option

Reviewed on 2015/11/29

The Archdiocese of Boston has selected Connect Now (the web based program from ParishSoft) as the database management system for all parishes within the Archdiocese. As one of those parishes, we have been very disappointed with this product. First and foremost, it is extremely slow! Tech support at ParishSoft and within the Archdiocese continually try to make this a customer issue (you need more bandwidth, cleaner systems, etc) but that is not the case, I suspect that their servers were simply not adequately prepared to manage the load of all the parishes required to transition to their product. Secondly, there are so many design limitations and just plain bugs, that we are continually frustrated by lack of functionality (pick a module, any module). I understand that the folks at ParishSoft are working to address many of these issues, but there should be much more rigorous testing of modules before they are released. What was not made clear but what seems obvious now is that all parishes making the transition to Connect Now in the Archdiocese are beta customers paying full price - who does that?! It appears that there is no solid corporate structure in place for Testing and Quality Assurance - at least not one that is evident. This is made rather plain by how calls to customer support are handled. I also learned recently that when a customer calls in to request a new feature or to inquire about the lack of one, that the feature will be implemented with the next release but that sometimes, and here's the odd thing, that feature will result in a limitation for another customer. Is there no overall corporate review process for addressing design limitations and adding new features? Seems a bit piecemeal to me.
We are reminded at trainings about how feature rich the product is but if the features most needed are not working properly, the rest doesn't matter. If you have a choice, explore other options carefully before becoming so invested resource-wise that you can't back out.

Margie C.

ParishSoft Great Tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Ease of use, intuitive, user friendly.

Pros

The training was excellent. All the follow up on any technical issues were quickly resolved. Tech support is excellent and responsive. Having access to the training/demo database to “play” and test study materials is another great feature.

Cons

Right am having a tech issue where is get logged out while trying to enter new registrants for our program. Again the tech support first in trying to resolve the issue and then determine it is a software/programming issue has been great

Tony Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Feedback

Very Happy with it

Pros

Ease of use once I learned to work the system.

Cons

Transition from PDS- took a little while to learn the ins and outs

Judy V.

good product

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

so far i have no complaints about this

Pros

easy to use, and good features, simple and helpful

Cons

would like to be able to enter and offering not only with envelope number but with last name as well

ParishSOFT maintains an integrated database, so that everyone with access can view updated...

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

It made Parish management a little simpler but much still needs to be done

Pros

The app is so easy and simple to use and can generate timely reports wherever required form whatever location, but only with access

Cons

The application looks so dull and therefore outdated because it has not invested much in the use of graphics

Louis C.

parishSOFT

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

use it sparingly, it is helpful for my needs

Pros

useful, not too complex. It includes the information i need. Don't need too many bells and whistles.

Cons

must sign in with password every time i use it.

Gillian W.

Canadians beware

Reviewed on 2017/01/28

Canadian users of the Offering Module should be aware that producing Canadian Donation Receipts is complicated and poorly documented. Also it currently produces a receipt for each donating family, rather than each donating member. ParishSOFT is now aware that Donation Receipts must be made out to the true donor (who may not be the head of the family) and is planning to correct this, but until this correction is made Canadians should use caution when generating tax receipts.

Lawrence T.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great tool for users needing access to data

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Access to information that is current is very helpful

Pros

Up to date information at our disposal 24 hours a day 7 days a week

Cons

Very straight forward and not requiring training

Seaneen P.

ParishSOFT Family Suite is the best Software for Parishes

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Our experience with ParishSOFT Family Suite has been extremely positive. ParishSOFT understands the true meaning of customer service. They are easy to work with. When you call, the service rep is very knowledgeable with the product and they are easy to hear and understand what they are saying. We love this program and will never switch back.

Pros

The ease of using this software is one of the best features. It makes posting contributions fast and accurate. For us, posting Contributions before ParishSOFT took at the minimum a day but usually a day and a half. With ParishSOFT it take an hour.

Cons

The only thing that I think is needed is the ability to add a new family from the detailed contributions posting page. It would be faster if we didn’t have to close out of Contributions and go into Family Directory and then back into Contributions to post.

Theresa L.

A Welcome Improvement

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Pros

ParishSoft is extremely user-friendly. The ease at which you can obtain a quick report as well as a detailed report was a welcome change after using our antiquated database. The IQ (Intelligent Query) module makes it extremely easy to customize a report (birthday report for a specific month for example) for downloading to excel.

Cons

On the family information screen I had to get a bit creative as you are not able to customize what appears on that screen. For example, I wanted to note our school families, winter residents and volunteers but there was not an option to do so. By using the map code box, I manually type in school family, et al. Having an option to customize would be beneficial.

Alicia D.

Still Learning

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

I just wish it was more user friendly, with the ability to go in and make corrections when necessary. Especially since most parishes have volunteers to help out. But volunteers are prone to mistakes. I hope that after using it for a few years I will become more proficient but with so much to know I am not sure how long that will take. I would really like to have personal training in the software because of how much we would like to use it for we've recently purchased additional modules to expand our use but I have yet to find time to train.

Pros

I love that EVERYTHING can be organized by one software package. Our Diocese wants every Parish on it. It's great that if a parish Family moves their records can move with them. Admittedly I am still learning and there are training modules for everything they are a bit time consuming but I am glad you provide them.

Cons

There are plenty of digital payment options that would cost the church a lot less. Perhaps it does too much because sometimes getting reports on information I need seems inaccurate, certainly clumsy. Admittedly I am responsible for more than the average user but there are clumsy processes that you absolutely must remember or the data will be wrong. Then going back in to correct anything is a nightmare. If the weekly contributions are not entered correctly or the day they are counted you cannot change things later very effectively, then it will not show up in the year end report correctly. That said I just wish it was more user friendly, with the ability to go in and make corrections when necessary. Especially since most parishes have volunteers to help out. But volunteers are prone to mistakes.

Beverly M.

Comprehensive program for all churches

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

I feel the program overall is excellent. It has features that can includes any possible scenario that even huge businesses or organizations can use with great results. The program is far-reaching in the aspects of data keeping, storing, importing, exporting, assembling in various modes, statistical records--- this program does it all. I am sure it has features that I have not even begun to explore or will ever use. But there are organizations that can use all it has to offer. This is a very good program for all types of business.

Pros

The accuracy of keeping all the data I need to access is great. Most of the features I use are fairly easy to learn. There are so many features of this program that it will literally do whatever command you need as it stores so much data that you will never lose anything important. Switching over from our old parish data system was not simple. It took a while to learn the features in order to feel comfortable using it.

Cons

I feel there cannot possible be any features missing from this software. We are a small church and do not use hardly any of the brilliant features that this program has to offer. However, the features I use I had to learn little at a time. It was difficult for me as I am not very computer savvy. Some things still are difficult for me to figure out such as reports with specific data. But as I learn the system, I learn to access the reports. At times I call on the support team who are brilliant and very quick to answer my request.