SubHub

Cloud-based content and membership management software

Chet D.

A great solution to create your own membership website

Reviewed on 2011/03/22

With this company becoming my primary income two years ago I wanted to ensure that I selected a provide who would be there, a reputable company with strong service & performance and a system that allowed me the creativity and freedom to design the site I needed & wanted.

I am in the process of launching a 2nd Members Website and so I have done a little research recently to ensure that SubHub will still deliver on my needs and based on everything I am reading & finding out - I am ready to launch this new site with SubHub again. I have no hesitation recommending SubHub to others!

Pros

I launched my own business - primarily based around/on a membership website. I did a fair amount of research and found SubHub. I am pleased I went with their services as two+ years later I have a strong web community with several hundred paying member/subscribers and more than 530 articles. The tools provided you by SubHub allows you to create a site with little computer knowledge. I do like the fact that I can enable the HTML function on each article to customize if I wish to. It has all the features & functions I think you could want in a members website including free hosting, video & audio support, integration with payment providers, levels of membership, pay per view access and a complete online storefront. SubHub customer service has been very responsive and helpful, and your account comes with a robust set of PDF how-to guides and the 'Owners Club' where you learn great ideas on building & managing your online community.

Cons

It is fairly minor but I find the Forum feature to be a bit lacking in aesthetics and function. If this were a critical component to me, I would either launch a sub-domain for my Forum and use perhaps a PHP product like phpBB. Other than that I have not really found any other downsides or deficits with the SubHub system.

Jack B.

Subhub - Since 2010

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Been using Subhub since 2010 and have never thought of an alternative platform. They fit every need we have in providing a newsletter service to the financial markets.

Pros

Ease of use and support. There is plenty of training documentation and you do not need to learn any code. The support staff is very responsive when a problem comes up and goes the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied!

Cons

Initially the eCommerce system was a struggle, but they have since created multiple options for eCommerce integration.

Response from SubHub

Thanks for your review Jack! It's been a pleasure to support you and your website.

Steve D.

SubHub Makes Membership Websites Easy

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

SubHub has been amazing to work with and they always respond quickly to any issues or questions I have.

Pros

SubHub allows me to easily (as a non-techie) to create a membership website without needing to hire a team of web developers.

Cons

Despite not being very technical, I would have liked to see more options in the available templates to make the site look and feel more how I wanted.

Response from SubHub

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your review. Our team agrees we need more design options! Behind the scenes, we have been working very hard to soon launch a live editor that will provide more design flexibility. We always enjoy getting tickets from you.

Sean S.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Rare Earth SubHub Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

I have been very happy overall. Support is great. I searched for other solutions before subhub and nothing else compared for our needs and price.

Pros

Flxible. The application allows me to setup rules and conditions based on our needs.

Cons

I do have to do allot of manual configurations that I wish were more global to implement but I do not mind as long as it works.

Response from SubHub

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your review. It's great working with you. We do acknowledge there are limitations in our platform and always try to compensate with hands on support to help our customers achieve their needs.

Randy S.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

Excellent. Bev who I have been working with has done a great job in getting the website to what we needed

Pros

The software created a beautiful website, suitable for our industry. We no longer have website maintenance to complete. Functionality is very good.

Cons

Need more payment options. Stripe has limitations

Response from SubHub

Thanks Randy, for your review and feedback. Much appreciated.

Sahar P.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

They made it easy for me!

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

They have been very helpful, easy to contact, and the team felt like an extension of my team. Thank you!

Pros

Two times now I've had great speaking opportunities in front of me and the team at SubHub was extremely helpful in helping me get content up and designed in efficient time.

Once they set up the template, it was easy for me to go into the back end to update and change. I am very happy with the service and excited to grow my membership!

Cons

Backend is intimidating at first, but after a call and initial set up by the SubHub team, I was able to tweak and update with confidence.

Response from SubHub

Hi Sahar,

It's been a pleasure working with you. Thanks for your comments and feedback!

Karen A.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Sub Hub review

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Pros

Honestly...the customer service. I like the prompt response anytime I have a question or problem. I like that I know they are there if I need them.

Cons

Can be intimidating at first until you get used to it

Joe K.
  • Industry: Sports

Football Combatives

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

wow. Rep is incredibly helpful and treats my site as it is her own

Pros

this is the most user-friendly platform I found in researching for my platform. I am extremely challenge in operating any kind of software program and I found that I could navigate and understand how to apply.

Cons

nothing. it was all a great experience.

Response from SubHub

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for this review. It's been great working with you.

We do really want the best for each of our clients and as you experienced, our team is very hands on!

Ivana N.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Great idea and even better customer support

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

It is what I was looking for in a product, they are adding more features, AND the customer reps and their developers are there to assist. Great people to work with...don't lose this part of your business. :)

Cons

Sometimes the program is not intuitive and as flexible as one would like; but getting a handle on it.

Response from SubHub

Hi Ivana,

Thanks for your review. Our team does always try to go the extra mile for our customers. Glad you think so too!

Kiya K.

An online business dream come true

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Really amazing. I shocked myself and with the help of this world class support team I am managing + creating my own website and running my online business solo which feels very freeing and empowering.

Pros

I can actually use it.
The customer service is impeccable.
It has great functionality without being overly confusing.

Cons

Some glitches and inconsistencies have caused mild frustration.
Not consistent across all browsers.
Difficult to size, style and space font and videos.

Response from SubHub

Hi Kiya,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

It's been a pleasure to work and support you in building your website. The team has loved watching you take ownership of your site and stamp it with your own brand of energetic motivation and positivity.

Debbie B.

I had such high hopes

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

The tech support is quick and helpful as we had an ongoing help ticket for months. Once you are accustomed to the software, it becomes easier to navigate.

Cons

It is not user friendly like other membership sites. It's clunky. There should be easier copy/paste, drag/drop options. It took 2 tech savvy pros to get the site up and running, with countless hours involved. There is just so much lacking.

Response from SubHub

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for sharing your frustration. We're sorry that we have fallen short of your expectations. We recognise our platform has some drawbacks and the team has been working to make improvements to our functionality and ease of use. We do try to compensate by offering very hands on support. Thanks for sticking with us.

Kevin M.

STOP YOUR SEARCH... SUBHUB IS THE REAL DEAL!

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

Pros

Way too many to list.

'Likes' are quite subjective. I will say this... for an individual with a baseline skill of navigating technology, the SubHub platform was really easy to learn. This is huge as I'm constantly on the back-end of the site and learned quickly how to navigate my way around. HUGE plus!

Cons

I suppose if I had to choose something, it would be not being able to send separate "welcome emails' for the different levels of subscription we offer. I wouldn't be surprised if the SubHub developers create an option for this in the near future based off my conversation with them regarding this topic.

Response from SubHub

Thanks Kevin. It's a pleasure to work with you.

Megan H.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

My overall experience with Subhub has been very positive. I needed a platform where I could offer multiple levels of memberships, plus an online store. Everything connects so well and we are very satisfied with the software. The customer service cannot be beat. They respond quickly to questions. They listen to feedback and suggestions. They solve all of my issues - even the ones that I caused! They are always very polite and patient. Highly recommend!

Pros

I have been using Subhub for my website for many years. They are easy to work with and always willing to help whenever there are any issues. They have regular updates and listen to their clients of what is needed.

Cons

We haven't had any negative experiences with Subhub.

Response from SubHub

Thank you Megan! It's been a pleasure to work with you.

Helen M.

Customer of SubHub since 2012

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

I have been a customer of SubHub since 2012. I researched membership based, web hosting companies and SubHub was the most affordable I could find. I am still highly satisfied with my decision to choose SubHub! SubHub has helped me bring my vision to life and has given me the support I need to offer my passion and skills online to my members.

Pros

Easy to use and manage. Affordable pricing. Top of the line customer service (I always get a quick response if I need help)

Cons

Hard to customize/redesign/tweak layout without paying more

Response from SubHub

Thanks Bekah!

You've been a pleasure to support! We do recognise our platform has some design limitations and have been working hard to make improvements and soon will introduce a live editor.

Alexis K.

Affordable, Customizable Membership Website Platform

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

Pros

The client-facing relationship management / project management team is very responsive and helpful. They are friendly, knowledgeable and go above and beyond by testing and making great recommendations for ways to improve your layout, enhance usability and explore external resources.
The back-end administrator portal is user-friendly and makes it easy to make formatting changes.
The monthly membership fee and custom development rate is reasonable and offers good value for the price.
SubHub offers an array of integration partners and offers a good degree of optionality and flexibility for custom development.

Cons

Requests for modifications to the site, or custom development work, can take some time to complete.
Formatting options can sometimes be a bit limited (in terms of changing text color, bullet types or spacing between paragraphs, for example) but it's really a very minor issue as there are plenty of customizable features.

Response from SubHub

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for your review. It's been wonderful to help you build and launch your website.

Eric M.

Great customer service and good service

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Please see my above comment. I really enjoy the team that puts this product overall.

Pros

I really like the SubHub team. They have been available, professional, and present to help me navigate the process of creating and subscription site. Their product is also very good and the web designers are knowledgeable. The recent upgrade that they did in 2017 was a significant improvement on an already good product. It is nice to see them striving to improve their product ongoing.

Cons

Every so often, the built in web editor might get slightly glitchy, but they have always responded quickly and helped rectify the glitches that occur.

Response from SubHub

Hi Eric,

Thanks for taking the time to post this review. As you mentioned, we are always working to improve our product to provide a better experience for our customers.

Joseph T.

Great product!

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Pros

Great product for subscription based companies.

Cons

Can take some getting used to. Need to do some reading and ask questions to support.

Response from SubHub

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your review. It's always pleasure to support you.

Glenn H.
  • Industry: Publishing

Fantastic service and support

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

SubHub have been first class. I would highly recommend the speedy setup service. We had a knowledgeable and talented designer help us produce a fantastic website that does exactly what we wanted it to do. We cannot recommend SubHub highly enough!

Pros

The software has been built from the ground up to do exactly what we needed to do. Very easy to use once you get to grips with how things work, and the support has been first class.

Cons

Very steep learning curve to begin with but worth persevering with. Exporting financial data could be improved.

Response from SubHub

Thanks Glenn and Russ!

Bethaney B.

Thumbs up for SubHub

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

The reason we went with SubHub was for their ability to manage subscriptions for a large number of people. We haven’t launched yet - still working some kinks out, but I will say their customer service is very good - my problems have all been resolved within a few days.

Pros

customer service, layout of content we upload, ease of subscription management

Cons

Kind of confusing or difficult to use at first, but once you get the hang of it , it is totally manageable.

Response from SubHub

It's been great working with you Bethaney and we really appreciate your review and feedback. We're working to improve our control panel - making it easier to navigate and get started.

Choukri B.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

A really dedicated team

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

I was looking for a membership software to create a website and I found Subhub. They highly helped me. They understood my outlook and suggested some ideas to set up the website. It was really good in terms of collaboration. Now, my website is really great. And I want to thank again the dedicated Subhub team.

Pros

Understanding, professionalism and flexibility.

Cons

Maybe time but it was necessary to build a great website.

Response from SubHub

Hi Choukri,

Thank you for your review. Happy clients mean a lot to us!

Dave J.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Product Review from 2KZN

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

- membership platform
- Bev has provided outstanding customer service

Cons

At times it is not as intuitive as I would like

Response from SubHub

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your review. We always try to compensate for any lack of functionality with excellent support.

Mel C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Document Sales via a Subscription Service

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Reaching new markets.

Pros

Each issue that has come up has been resolved quickly and effectively.

Cons

I havent found anything I don't like yet.

Response from SubHub

Thanks Mel. It's great that you are using our platform to reach a new audience.

Michelle S.

Great Platform

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Pros

What I like most is the customer service. They always get back to me quickly when I have a question.

Cons

As with anything, there is a bit of a learning curve.

Response from SubHub

Thanks Michelle! It's been a pleasure to support you and your website.

Dave T.

Great platform that packs a lot of value for an unbeatable price.

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

It’s the best value out there for getting a subscription type website. Nothing compares.

Pros

It took a little learning but once you get the hang of it it becomes User friendly and i can’t say enough how great the customer support Is. They were there when I got stuck.

Cons

It could have better templates to work off of.

Response from SubHub

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your review! We are working hard to improve our design offerings!

Steve B.

Thanks Subhub

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Excellent. Glad I made the switch. I am just getting more into the support documentation so I am understanding more :) takes time. I am interacting with their support team weekly are they are bare none the best of I used on any site/platform.

Pros

The best part about any software product is its customer support. These guys are wonderful. Efficient and patient. I am new to the online business and they have held my hand well :)
I love that the platform is fast to load. I also love the Courses module although I have not implemented yet. But soon.

The ease of use for the member is excellent.

Cons

I wish it was a little more intuitive. I am a newbie as well so I have limited experience. I would like an easier page editor :)

Response from SubHub

Hi Steve
Thanks so much for your review. It means a lot to the team. You're always a pleasure to work with.