BiddingOwl.com

Fundraising, auction, and payment management software

Aude S.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Amazing customer support for the most effective bidding site

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

I have used BiddingOwl.com for 2 separate school fair auctions (2017, 2018) and i'm about to use it again in May 2019 for an other association.
As I use Bidding Owl for fundraising and volunteering activities, I would love to see the 5% decreased for non-for-profit activities, however, BiddingOwl.com has been the most effective, helpful, bidder friendly online auction site I have ever used.
The auction set up is easy enough but it's the bidding side which is the highlight and main benefit as the bidders are the most important part of the auction.
The support is exceptional, diligent and prompt.
I would definitely recommend BiddingOwl.com to any enterprises looking for a auction site.

Pros

Ease of sharing website with bidders and user friendly bidding
Great advertising inserts for donors
Extremely helpful customer support

Cons

Cheaper fees
Website creation and pulling out can be labor intense
Bids sheets and certificates templates could be a little fancier

Syifa M.

Very Recommended Auction Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

The thing that I love about BiddingOwl is they have a very supportive team, as an NGO sometimes it is hard for us to pay the fee, but they're patiently waiting for us!

Pros

My organization has been using BiddingOwl for more than 3 years, we loved it! It easy to use as the administrator and as the user.

Cons

I think it would be great if BiddingOwl can provide the "clicks statistic" in the future so we can identify how many clicks on some particular item without really bidding on it.

Response from BiddingOwl.com

Hi Syifa,

We wanted to let you know that you are able to view the number of views/clicks per item from your Item Export report, column Q. We hope this helps!

Caitlin F.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Parity Productions Review of Bidding Owl

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Overall, our experience with BiddingOwl.com was positive and met our needs for this particular event.

Pros

We were able to customize the schedule & pricing of auction items to meet our specific needs. We had access to live customer service via email, phone and even got on a Zoom call for a walkthrough. We were able to direct people to the site easily via social media and our e-newsletter marketing. Set-up & management was relatively easy and we were able to track progress on items in real time and easily manage items.

Cons

That our users had to register separately for the site in order to bid.

• Used Other for 1+ year

Bidding Owl is a great, cost effective way to get your fundraising auction online.

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

I've been really pleased with the overall experience with Bidding Owl. I think its best feature is the customer service. They have helped me repeatedly, even when the problem is on my computer's end and not a site issue. I highly recommend Bidding Owl for a small to medium fundraising effort. Ours is a school parent club raising approximately $35k-$50k per year.

Pros

I find it really user friendly for the most part. I like the ability to include items that are in our silent and live auctions without being charged a % fee for them. Bidding Owl has really reasonable rates and amazing customer service. I love that we have our own auction site name that is easy for people to remember and to use in marketing materials. I would love to try mobile bidding, which I think is a great feature, but the location we've used for many years for our auction event has really poor internet.

Cons

There are certain features I wish would be implemented, such as the ability to rearrange images and the ability for bidders to right click on items to open them in new tabs. Other auction sites have this feature, and I wish BiddingOwl had it as well. I also really wish we could store people's credit card information to make checkout more streamlined at the end of the live/silent auction event. I wish there was more flexibility in editing our home page design.

Cynthia B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

An experience like NONE other with www.biddingowl.com

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Our agency has experienced no problems with biddingowl.com. Everything about them is top-notch and professional. Each time I use the system for an annual auction fundraiser, I am more and more pleased with this software. There is no way we could spend the time 're-inventing the wheel' to have our on line auction. We are very pleased at Arthritis Patient Services in Charlotte, NC.

Pros

We have been long standing customers with bidding owl! The system is user friendly, and it works like a charm! I am so pleased when I email or call in to the bidding owl office that someone is always able to help me get through any issue. This service matters most to our non-profit. In all our years using the system, no one has ever complained about access and usage.

Cons

It is difficult to think of cons...but if there was one thing I would change it would be to allow for larger photographs! Sometimes I just want to almost 'shout' about an item and its' value for the bidder!

Kim M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Every Non-Profit Needs This

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

This is absolutely wonderful. The layout is so easy on the eyes. Other online auction sites lay out the items in a way that is messy or confusing. This is clean and clear and attractive. Technology is not a strong suit for me, I have had to call the help desk 3 times in the last 18 months. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is wonderful. She picks up the phone right away. She is patient and knowledgeable and kind. At first I was hesitant to use a site that charges a fee. But, I soon realized that the nominal fee is worth it.

Pros

This is so user friendly. I also love that I can reach wider audiences with an online auction than a regular silent auction as I've used in the past.

Cons

I guess I wish that the registration process for bidders was a tiny bit easier. I worry that some people hesitate to register.

Marina S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Basic and Useful Fundraising Platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Customer service responses are timely and helpful. I would love to see an updated look for auction pages and more customization options.

Pros

User friendly platform to raise funds for our non profit organization.

Cons

Payment integration, there is always the concern that a bidder can commit to purchasing an item but not follow through with payment as it is collected through another platform

Laura H.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Highly Recommend Bidding Owl

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Our overall experience with Bidding Owl was fantastic! The customer service they offer is truly top-notch. They are polite, helpful and quick to respond. We look forward to utilizing this software again in the future.

Pros

Bidding Owl is incredibly user-friendly and offers a variety of options to customize the type of auction you are trying to build. I love how quickly we can add items, track bids and adjust features as needed.

Cons

We had a lot of donors, and the scrolling banner only offers a single-line scroll. 2 or 3 scroll lines to maximize the donor view would be a great addition.

Kyle B.
  • Industry: Political Organization

Brilliant Concept and Excellent for Fundraising

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

In a difficult year when so much came to a halt it was a relief to find the Bidding Owl. It allowed my community to pull together and move forward!

Pros

This was my first experience constructing an online auction and this software. Setting the auction up was easy with the help of the Auction Wizard which guided me step by step. Whenever I was confused or concerned about a feature, I received timely and clear information from the support team. They were there to help me run a successful online fundraiser! Bidding was easy, fun and the proxy bidding was fantastic!

Cons

I discovered many more features than I thought were available by just clicking on a random area of the Item or Bidder Management page. I would have liked to have learned about all those great additional features in a tutorial. Sometimes it was not obvious to a new (non-computer savvy) bidder exactly how to get registered.

Dayshel R.

Great tool for auctions!

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

The software has comparable tools to those that charge large membership fees. This is the perfect tool for organizations that want to streamline bidding.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this program.

Empresa B.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great friend of the nonprofit

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

Pros

I like the ease of usr and abilty to reuse information. Time is so important when you are a small operation.

Cons

I wish I could reset the auction mysrlf but the customer service is prompt and very helpful.

Lonnie I.

Kudos to support staff

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

While at first we were unsure that an auction site was for us the ease of setting up our auction and the apparent ease of bidders to set them selves up we are on track to meet our goals for the auction. The support staff are FANTASTIC. Product is a definite 10

Pros

Never used a site like this before but was able to set up our auction and add items with ease

Cons

Haven’t discovered any part of site I dislike

Katherine W.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great Customer Service! Great Value!

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Fabulous return for investment! Would recommend and use again. Great value!

Pros

This online bidding software is very easy to use and set up. Photos are easy to load and it's easy for Bidders to register and customizable for notifications. Great value!

Cons

Not quite as many features as some other auction software companies, service went down twice during event, but we are using again. Great technical service, and all worked out well in the end.

David A.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Great for nonprofit auctions

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

We have always used spreadsheets and paper for our silent auctions before. Bidding Owl let's us get bids before the gala even started.

Pros

Their customer service is really helpful and responsive. They really care and it shows. I'm located in Thailand and they made the changes in currency symbols to allow us to use Bidding Owl.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve involved in using Bidding Owl to it's fullest. It's easy once you spend that time.

Monica M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

The customer service has been AMAZING

Pros

This is our first time using the software for a non-profit auction. There's a ton of flexibility and the ability to do both the auction, manage donors and ticket sales in one place makes it the right fit for us.

Cons

Would love to see more customization on the auction page, including ability to remove footers

M.l. K.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

Due to a global pandemic, we had to switch from a live in person auction to an online event. Bidding Owl made it easy to pivot quickly to this new format.

Pros

Customer service was prompt to respond and very helpful.

Cons

A few features (example: multiple quantities of same item listed individually, repeat entry of identical information) were a bit clunky, but overall, easy to use!

Lindi R.
  • Industry: Banking

Marvelous Customer Support - Easy to Implement

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

We are a Credit Union, and in the event we have property we have reposessed, we need an avenue to sell the items. BiddingOwl was so much more efficient than us accepting sealed bids. BiddingOwl added the element of involvement, letting our customers know they had been outbid.. it kept them more interested in the auctions.

Pros

Though I am someone who prefers to communicate via email; I loved the fact I was able to call and speak to one of two ladies each time. They walked me through everything and worked with me for payment.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I would complain about.

Nancy M.

Holiday Auction

Reviewed on 2015/01/20

We used BiddingOwl this year for the first time. It was a great experience and the service aand support was outstanding. We have used other services before and never got such a personalized and supporting service ever. We are super happy with the outcome and will certainly use BiddingOwl again for our next fundraiser. BiddingOwl auction software rocks!

Rachel B.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

Customer Service was Outstanding. Their willingness to talk me thru our issues and help educate me was awesome. It made our event run smoother than anticipated.

Pros

Ease of use, price and customer service.

Cons

More automation.

Kristi A.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Amazing Experience! Very User Friendly!

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

We had the opportunity to raise money and include our entire community from those who joined us at our event to others at home or even across the world.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and was clear about costs upfront without any hidden fees like some of the other online auction sites.

Cons

Having to limit to 3 photos on certain items, like vacation homes etc.

David M.

Reviewed on 2014/05/05

This site delivers! Easy to set up and add/change items. Simple bidder sign up and bids can be manually input for those that are not computer literate. Support was simple and available 24/7. No up front cost just a small % of the highest bid, this is a small nonprofits dream.

Rayna G.

Couldn't be easier!

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Online auction is taking the place of our regular silent auction. It is a great substitute and we are happy to have it.

Pros

Bidding Owl is very easy to use. The set up was straight forward and customer service was readily available if I had any questions.

Cons

It takes some time to get your items listed, so factor that into your set up period.

Sarah C.

Bidding owl is so easy!

Reviewed on 2018/11/18

We really loved being able to keep track of the bids so easily!

Pros

The bidding notification system was a firm favourite.

Cons

bidder sign up was confusing for some
and kept throwing people out of the site.

Jamie R.

Absolutely fantastic for fundraising and the best customer service!

Reviewed on 2020/08/21

Their price point for non-profits can not be beat! Personal one-on-one service and a great piece of software.

Pros

Bidding Owl has revolutionized the way that our non-profit organization is able to fundraise! Previously we were only able to reach people at in-person events and with the ease of use, registration process, and ease of sharing to the world, we have raised 20 times as much money. It's really astounding. The best part has truly been the customer service! Very helpful to walk through all the set-up steps to ensure we had everything correct before launching. Plus they've also been really quick to help me and my bidders when we needed help. Will absolutely use again and planning on using it for another non-profit that I volunteer with. A+++++

Cons

Would be great if the short url code worked on social media, much easier to market and have others share. Not a huge deal, though.

Jessi F.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

A life saver in the middle of a pandemic!

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

We will definitely be using Bidding Owl again and recommending it to other non profits in similar situations like us. Now that we know how wonderful online auctions are we’ll never go back to paper!

Pros

Our school has had silent auctions in the past,
but never an online one. When the Covid19 pandemic sent everyone into quarantine our school scrambled to find an alternative spring auction we had already started planning. Bidding Owl’s software made it so easy to set up, edit, and promote before the auction started. While our 3 day auction took place we received a lot of feedback from our school’s families on how easy they felt it was use and how professional everything looked. Post auction we have made more money than any of other other auctions in the past and the checkout process has been simple and straightforward. I can’t wait to do another one!

Cons

I wish that it would show the opening bid before users had to click on the item to see its details. It would also be nice to have the option of more than 3 photos on some items.