BrowserStack Reviews

4/5

Flavio
Flavio
  • Industry: Design

An invaluable tool in our development process.

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

BrowserStack helps us ensure the websites and products we develop work flawlessly across browsers, devices and platforms.

Pros

BowserStack includes excellent features for cross-browser and device testing, allowing us to identify isolated issues across platforms. It's a must for any serious developer looking to iron out any bugs before delivery.

Cons

Testing with real devices is still a good idea to identify some of the most obscure edge-cases - in some rare situations the platform isn't completely accurate.

Madalina
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Save your time with BrowserStack

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

I would recommend this platform to all the developers who write codes, build websites but don’t have many devices or browsers available for testing. It is a real timesaver and a wonderful solution for developers. I recommend you to go for BrowserStack and increase the productivity of your team.

Pros

This platform is a real savior for developers: it saves a lot of time and resources. Maybe you don’t have all possible browsers installed on your PC or all possible devices at hand, but there is no need to worry. You can test your code on BrowserStack. The platform is very reliable, it is pleasant to know that it works without any glitches. In addition, the platform is being regularly updated, so you can test your code on the latest devices and browsers. If you have built a website and you are interested in how it looks like when accessed via various browsers or different devices, then BrowserStack may come to your assistance. First of all, it shows whether the site works and finds the errors if there are any. Secondly, the platform allows you to see the design of the site on different browsers. And finally, you may also want to know if the website is available on devices or how it looks. You don’t need to look for all possible devices, iOS or Android, you can just trust the job to BrowserStack.

Cons

Sometimes it works a bit slow but I don’t think that the problem is connected with the platform, probably it depends on the internet speed.
You can not test a few browsers at the same time. I would like to see this problem solved because browsers are many and it takes a long time to test the browsers one by one.
BrowserStack suggests four plans but to my mind, all of them are expensive. I would like to see a cheaper platform.

Viviane
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Overall evaluation related to my use of the platform

Reviewed on 2021/09/16

Pros

I like the usability and the reports that are generated that help a lot in debugging.

Cons

When we use physical device for some manual tests, I think it's bad that when there's no activity the session is terminated too quickly, we lose all the flow we're doing and to start a new one it takes a bit of time.

Good platform to scale web and mobile testing

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

No platform specific bugs missed anymore.
We ended up on a few physical devices (while the rest of...

No platform specific bugs missed anymore.
We ended up on a few physical devices (while the rest of testing is on BrowserStack cloud) without loosing the quality of testing.

Pros

Ease of switching from local testing to testing in the cloud.
Ability to group test results and generate basic reports.
Ability to include test execution video in JIRA bug reports.
Ability to re-start manual session with the same parameters as previous one.

Cons

Response time of their endpoints changes unpredictable over the day.
That affects some testing, especially when we need to test some dynamic elements such as progress indicators in our mobile apps (that appear just for a few seconds so test cannot capture them opposite to local testing).
Pretty complicated learning curve for newbees. When junior member joined my team, I needed to spend 3 hours explaining him basics about our test automation infrastructure built around BrowserStack.

Amazing range of browser-device combinations with a price

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

We are using Browserstack for automated regression tests and manual tests alike.
Like i said in the...

Like i said in the pros its really easy to find almost any common device and trying to replicate whatever strange bugs your customers find without having to keep a massive inventory of devices!

Pros

It is super easy to spin up any device you want in a matter of a few minutes, be it iOS, Android, Windows, Mac or even Windows Phone. And its not only the ammount of devices, also the choice of browsers and their versions amazes me!
Once you are connected, the browser is already open or in the process of opening and yo can start working on whatever you want.
While the quality of the transcoding ranges from ok to good, the speed and stability was really great during all the tests i did!
The local testing plugin helps tremendously and is a breeze to install and activate and it's staying activated so you dont have to think about which part of my testing infrastructure can browserstack reach twice.

Cons

There are no real error message when a session ends, sometimes it feels randomly, sometimes you have the feeling that the device just crashed but it could very well just be that someone from the team just spun up a new device and went over your quota.
In general the most aggrevating thing is if you double click on a mac window, it is minimized but so far i havent found a way to undo it othe than opening a new window, which can be tedious depending on what you are testing.
I tried to convince my old company to get Browserstack but it was declined because of the pricing and also in my current company we would need more licenses than we currently have to work without interruptions but don't get them because of pricing.

Wai
Wai

Fantastis platform for web testing

Reviewed on 2021/07/02

I had a great time using BrowserStack, would highly recommend it to other QA professionals

Pros

BrowserStack allows us to execute multiple tests in parallel which has reduced our total test duration dramatically. Also we can easily navigate across different builds and debug any test failures with their intuitive user interface.

Cons

The initial setup could be confusing but they have informative documentation and their customer support is always there to help

Dan
Dan

Great for manual or automatic testing, but expensive

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Whilst using live devices has been updated frequently, the screen capture functionality doesn't get the same degree of love during updates.

During a major website redesign and new CMS integration recently, I needed to ensure that the slicing of the website design into code performed as intended across all modern devices/browsers.

Pros

It's an efficient way to test out a website across multiple devices and operating systems, testing out that all important adaptive or responsive design. It's fast to grab screens across multiple devices or to test live on a multitude of website devices running different operating systems and different browsers.

It's quicker, and cheaper, than testing across tens of different devices. When compared to real devices, it provides an accurate representation of how the device/browser sees the website.

Cons

Price. It's not cheap, it's expensive and they constantly are pushing the prices up.

The enterprise that I work with is not keen on providing an annual membership, as such, I find myself purchasing a monthly subscription ad hoc as required to ensure that I continuously deliver a robust website across multiple platforms.

I wish there was an alternative that was equal in weight.

Suzyo
Suzyo

Great Cloud Web Developer tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/09

I use it daily when am building websites to test the websites responsiveness across different browsers in realtime

Pros

The software simulates websites built on multiple instances/browsers in realtime, hence reducing testing times on individual browsers on my machine.

Cons

i don't like the fact that i have to pay for it.

Charlotte
Charlotte
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

BrowserStack has never disappointed

Reviewed on 2022/02/17

The team have loved BrowserStack because of how it allows us to visually see what bugs have occurred in testing via the screen recordings and screenshots it takes during the process, which really cuts down on our troubleshooting time. The access to testing with parallels for various browser/OS combinations has cut down our UI regression testing from a couple of hours to just over ten minutes! We also cannot recommend their customer service team enough, as they are always on-hand whenever there has been a problem and endeavor to fix any issues very quickly.

Pros

Fairly easy to set up and integrate into our CI. The dashboard makes bug troubleshooting a breeze. Automated testing in parallels is very easy once configured.

Cons

There have been some minor teething issues where tests have failed because of issues we are speculating might be between our set up and BrowserStack, but these are being worked out.

tomer
tomer

the best service for competibility checks

Reviewed on 2019/04/27

good service will use them again in the future

good service will use them again in the future

Pros

so if you have a website and you change or update a new feature on the frontend you have to make sure it is compatible with all browsers/operating systems, this is a great tool to do that it allows real testing from that machine and allow to see how your website/frontend looks real time.

Cons

it is expensive, I think if they will lower their prices

Marcus

BrowserStack and Automation intergration

Reviewed on 2021/07/13

Brilliant, we used the videos for training documentation, and find that it opens the door to having a solid compatibility matrix and the real devices are brilliant for ensuring that the solution does work in all manner of landscapes.

Pros

For our Project working with BAT, we needed a software solution that could test multiple platforms, in parallel against 17+ different sites in many different languages.
What I LOVED (and have used Browser Stack many times before) it enables our company to quickly tests against all manner of operating system and mobiles / tablets to give our client confidence in the software solution / environments we have provided.

Cons

The Cost of using Browser Stack can get a little pricey, but for what you get in return, I believe it's well worth it.

Divyesh

Best platform for Cross Browser & Device Automation Testing

Reviewed on 2022/01/13

We are getting the list of legacy and latest browsers / devices easily to verify the application compatibility.

Pros

Easy to use and integrate with all Automation Framework

Cons

It dosent have SMS Function or Mobile Carrier service option

Sauce Labs
Reeve
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

BrowserStack is working for us

Reviewed on 2021/09/03

Overall I am happy with BrowserStack as the issues we've encountered have been minor and things have been running smoothly.

Pros

What I like most from the software is the support for a lot of real mobile devices instead of just emulators.

Cons

What I like least about this software is there is no way to spin up a VM on a combination of a major and minor version of a browser.

Does Exactly What You'd Hope

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

It is the best way to check websites across multiple platforms that I have found.

Pros

It is absolutely needed for a busy web designer in this day and age. It puts REAL browsers, devices, and operating systems at your fingertips. I try to check a bunch of them before deploying, and whenever a client calls and says they're seeing something funky that I don't say, I can get the exact specs of the device they're using and look for myself. Since you also are actually using the browser from that machine, as opposed to an emulator of sorts, you can use that browsers dev tools, as well.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that it would work well in Safari, whereas they kind of tell you to use Chrome. But that's a SMALL complaint. Less than a complaint. It's no big deal to switch over to Chrome, which I also use quite a bit.

Nikolay

BS Review

Reviewed on 2021/07/08

Suits us great for automated testing. Now in WFH environment is also even more useful for manual testing as well

Pros

Parallel automation executions, queue. Mobile App testing

Cons

Firing up the device selected for manual testing could be faster. There were some occasions on intermittent issues on mobile devices (odd behaviour compared to real device)

Sachin
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Scalability of automation on multiple devices

Reviewed on 2021/09/15

till now it's been a nice experience as initial challenges related to multiple devices testing are solved here. and more features related to app live and app automate which help us to increase our automation scope with its unique features.

Pros

local testing for internal apps, which is usually not testable and accessible outside of the client environment.

Cons

Should have the capability for different reporting and should show a graphical representation of execution results.

• Industry: Higher Education

The ability to pull up browser pages from multiple environments and devices is a huge help.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

The ability to view code that I've written on different platforms and formats is a huge help. It takes the guesswork out of hoping that a browser or device will act a certain way when rendering the code.

Pros

With BrowserStack, you can choose which devices and operating systems that you want to display your pages with, to ensure that things are rendering correctly. In HigherEd, students (and faculty) frequently trade devices, operating systems, etc., so to be able to verify that the code we write is going to be appropriately viewable for a wide variety of devices is a necessity.

Cons

The only real "issue" with this software is that there is no real "step"/usage tier -- you either must have the full-blown version, or none. In HigherEd, our projects wax and wane. It would be helpful to have a subscription where you could view XX number of different web pages, so that if we are not in a big production year, we can still test and verify the smaller number of pages that we produce.

parveen
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Overall very happy with Browserstack Team and customer support team is Awesome.

Reviewed on 2021/08/03

Pros

Supported browser versions - we no need to carry the phones it replaced the phones for our team.

Cons

Some times local testing is not that convenient to do. browser becomes pretty slow.

Kedar
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Browserstack a must have tool for Automation

Reviewed on 2021/10/07

Pros

Parallel rendering, Geo location, real device testing, easy debugging.

Cons

All features are heavily used by us. It's hard to point out one that needs improvement.

Shanthi
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Product and Engagement Review

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Engagement with the CSM has been very helpful. They are willing to help us be successful.

Pros

Multi device and multi browser validations and automating the validations. Easy for any non-technical user to learn the tool

Cons

Speed has been a concern from my team. It takes lot of time to execute automation validations across browsers using BrowserStack.
Comparing against browsers would be a nice feature to see, though we understand it has its limitations

Piotr

Very good tool

Reviewed on 2021/09/16

Pros

Test automation wit Browserstack is really easy and very reliable thanks to using real devices not only emulators. Platform is intuitive and stable, with all features needed. The customer support is just amazing -very responsive and professional in the way of communication. I can truly recommend!

Cons

Not very urgent, but logs could be available in more convenient way than through curl.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

For Coverage and Features, there is no comparison.

Reviewed on 2021/11/22

Pros

Wide coverage in terms of devices.
Easily hooked into our existing test framework suite which utilises Selenium.

Cons

Element inspection is difficult when formulating tests, often requiring a real device when creating element identifiers.

Guy

Cross browser testing without needing any equipment

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

It is a really simple way to test websites and apps without first needing to get out and buy or set-up any platforms other than the one you're currently using

Pros

Easily test across different browsers, platforms, version numbers of browser or version of OS
No need to have physical devices, VMs, etc.
Selenium support

Cons

Could be a little easier to use
Could offer a free version that has fewer limitations (even if it has other advertising present as a result)

Sarath
Sarath

BrowserStack is Powerful tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Pros

Very easy to use this tool, It is really useful for web application for testing
Most used browsers are supported,support different os well

Cons

Overall its good for debugging,can be slow sometimes.

Michael
Michael
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Fantastic Tool!

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

This is THE tool to have if you work in any support role regarding websites, or doing web development and need to make sure that your site works across the board. You'll no longer be limited to the devices and browsers physically present.

Pros

Very easy to use

A complete range of devices, OS, and browsers to test with in nearly every combination imaginable.

Cons

None! This tool has everything you need to test in every environment.