Essential Studio Reviews

Christian
Christian

The best mobile controls for Xamarin and MAUI

Reviewed on 2023/11/29

Pros

The best suite of controls that I have used for Xamarin and MAUI, integrated and with excellent support that has been solving the issues that I have encountered in these years that I have used it. Easy to implement.

Cons

The most complicated part is the recent change in the licensing fee since I am only interested in the mobile part (Xamarin and MAUI), the prices were raised too much to integrate everything into a single suite.

Lucas

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

Overall it's been great. As my familiarity with the product increases, my productivity has increased dramatically, which I'm very excited about.

Pros

I love the fact that the software is usable across a broad spectrum of different technologies - Blazor, ASP.NET Core, Javascript, Flutter, etc..

Cons

The 'immediate' support team could do a better job, but support overall is better than it would first appear. You have to

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

I looked at a number of different components but I thought Syncfusion provided the best overall value compared to everyone else.
Abdelali
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Syncfusion, much better was JS1

Reviewed on 2021/08/04

Pros

Components number
Grid component

Cons

Many components or features of the previous version JS1, are still not implemented in JS2.
The presence of many bugs.

Craig

The Best Company in the industry!

Reviewed on 2023/12/27

Pros

I believe Syncfusion was the first company to offer a version that could be used until the company made $1 million. Most companies never reached that mark. Syncfusion provides new companies with the same support received by large corporations. Syncfusion has not yet received a dime, and I will happily pay whatever the cost is when the product starts generating income. Also, I have seen third-party tool kits come and go. Syncfusion is here for the “long haul”.

For me, the thing that sets Syncfusion apart from any other company is the support. I can honestly say that I have received the best I have ever experienced. My earliest experiences with support were because of my lack of C# knowledge. At the beginning of the project, I had experience with every major language except C#. But having the Windows, backend, and mobile apps written in different languages added a complexity that made it unbearable to work with. C# (and .net) was available through all the required. Some of my initial support requests were because I misunderstood the C# language concerning the tools.

However, I was using some tools in a way they weren’t meant to be used. I also did this with AWS and AWS support (which I paid for) argued that no one would do what I was doing and they won’t support it. I had to show them their documentation which proved what I was doing should work. They did fix it. Syncfusion support just requested a code sample and saw that although I was doing it something unconventional, it should work. And they fixed the code ! They fix the code for me in two or three different places. They even provided me custom patched code before an actual tested release.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons. All support expectations were met. Development continues etc.

Jose L.

Just the best developer tools in the market

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Essential Studio is my preferred tool for user interface development. No other tool is comparable in usability and features.

Pros

Support for multiples platforms, documentation and support.

Cons

I've no cons in the product. It's a complete solution for UI development in several platforms like net core, angular, flutter, etc.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Platforms supported, quality of controls and documentation.
Martin

Great tools with great feature and make us save time.

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Me and My team we appreciate this tool because it really help to bring our new software to another level. With all the documentations and the demos this help me and my team to go quickly thru the learning curves.

Pros

They provide a lot of demo and they have a great support.

Cons

Sometime some feature are taking long before being deploy with there version.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

This tool was not complete and we did not have the support we needed.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

They had one feature that I was not able to find in Kendo UI and this was the Mindmap.
Bernard
  • Industry: Accounting

Syncfusion is the best

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Pros

Easy to use, community license, great technical support.

Cons

There is no such thing as "like least".

Zoran

Syncfusion Blazor

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Transition my Visual Basic 60 LIS software to Web application.

Transition my Visual Basic 60 LIS software to Web application.

Pros

I have invested Grid control, in WebAssembly configuration, using EF core. It works fine.
Support is very prompt and good.

Cons

In some cases, events handler, Data Manager of UI controls are black boxes without more details.

Amos

review

Reviewed on 2020/04/25

Very intriguing but sometimes a bit frustrating because of the small details you miss when implementing things.

Pros

Diversified features of the grid - has almost everything I needed from a grid.

Cons

Learning curve is steep as there are a lot of small tweaks one should know in order to achieve something.

Feifan
  • Industry: Information Services

Overall it is good

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

Pros

It’s components provide many built in features, which makes the development easier. The support team is another plus. They are just great.

Cons

Community forum is a little hard to use.

Daniel
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Essential Studio for WPF

Reviewed on 2020/07/25

Overall experience is fantastic.

Installation is straight forward, updates are published at a...

Overall experience is fantastic.

Installation is straight forward, updates are published at a timely manner.

Pros

I like the completeness and in depth features of all the controls that I use, especially the data grid control which I use extensively. The sample application and online documentation is clear and succinct.

I find that breaking down the examples by feature is great when compared to other control vendors I have seen, that simply provide a high level example and nothing to demonstrate each feature separately.

On the few occasions that I have requested support, I have always received an answer in a timely manner.

What makes the WPF suite good value is not just the number of feature rich controls, but the complete package including the documentation help and support that is available.

Cons

There are only two minor issues that I have with the suite of tools.

1. I get regular feedback from users that the date picker control is clunky to use. I can echo the feedback. Entering a date does not feel smooth, especially when entering the year. Hard to describe, but feel like it cycles back around to the year zero.

2. I would like it if I could customize the calendar control more. Would be great if I could easily template out the control for each date so I could use it to display what ever info I wanted in each date cell. Maybe there is a way to do this, but either way I have not been successful in being able to template out the calendar control for the requirements at the time.

• Industry: Utilities

Html->Pdf Converter works well mostly, but could be easier to use for the cost

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Support could have been better - we encountered a critical bug (which was fixed quickly by the developers, no issue there) and we got from support a windows nuget package without native binaries (because the support portal can't upload > 50mb files apparently) in them, which we decided to repackage to linux (which is the platform we reported the bug on) and add the native binaries binaries - the version was also identical to a live version on nuget.org so we had to change that in the repackage to avoid conflicts too. The suggestion was to "Manually reference the dlls" which is a bit mad considering the effort already sunk into locating the native binaries originating from the nuget package, and the lack of transistive resolution etc...

Pros

It works, renders html correctly enough.

Cons

Non-platform independence for devops - requires package installation on deployment targets. Also requires manual setting of path to syncfusion binaries (that are in the nuget package!) at runtime.

Extra package e.g. Syncfusion.HtmlToPdf.Blink.Static.Linux could be created with a static compile to eliminate system dependencies and manage CVEs etc.

The code (which we have had to write ourselves) to locate the native binaries originating from the nuget package should be inside the syncfusion lib - there should be no argument to their path.

Also, while it might bloat the package, nuget supports separate native binaries per runtime [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] which would enable to create a single platform-independant nuget package - this would really lower the difficulty - especially in places like dotnet-script where you have no csproj to change the PackageReferences depending on the runtime!

Solomon

Syncfusion controls are essential to my applications

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

Overall, I could not produce the quality and usability I have in my apps, without Syncfusion Essential Studio.
Support, when needed, has been excellent

Pros

Syncfusion controls add style and features to my app that would be prohibitively time consuming (if not impossible) for me to code on my own.
My app makes extensive use if Radial Menus, Photo Editor, PDF Viewer and many many other controls.
They are simple to use and work consistently well on all supported platforms. My app runs on iOS, Android and UWP and providing a consistent and rich interface across devices is essential.

Cons

Given the complexity of supporting multiple environments, I have occasionally run into stability issues with new releases. The occurrences have been rare and Syncfusion support has always come through.

Juan

Syncfusion for independent developers

Reviewed on 2023/06/28

I used your product in wpf, windows forms, blazor., and very soon in a small maui projects.

Pros

The producto is amazing and is very easy to. Integrate in the diferente kind of projects and technologies. I used the tech customer service and they answered all my questions. To finish.. You have a community license and that's wonderful for independent developers like me. I hope to grow my small Business and pay for a great producto that is Worth every dolar invested in it

Cons

Nothing to say. The product is amazing and very easy to use and integrate

Rob

Comprehensive cross platform components

Reviewed on 2023/09/11

Essential Studio has addressed two of my critical requirements:1) Implement feature rich components in my software without having to write them myself. 2) Have consistent, flexible and attractive UI styling in my products.

Pros

Essential Studio provides key UI components for my products. Particularly import is the Grid component, which is widely used in my products. I use Essential Studio in both WCF and Blazor apps and gain a lot of productivity in learning to use a single component provider. The broad range of components means I can use Syncfusion for everything which makes consistent UI styling a snap. Customer support and documentation is very good.

Cons

I dislike having to generate a new product key when I update releases.

Roy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Comprehensive collection of components.

Reviewed on 2023/08/23

Pros

The range of components, as well as the possibilities for customization. Weekly updates.

Cons

The need for writing CSS to customize the components. There are still some essential components missing, like form layout, grid layout and spreadsheet. Also strongly dislike the new pricing model which does not allow the purchase of single licenses.

James

Syncfusion is key to our success....really!

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Pros

We have been using Syncfusion for a long long time (about 8+ years).

We were looking for a component suite which had all the necessary parts required for our software. At the time (and this still ultimately holds) Syncfusion were only the only ones to have a web Diagramming component AND all the other components (editable grids, hierarchical grids). An added bonus were the file handling packs (Excel, etc) so we can offer with our solution integration with Excel.

We've just recently upgraded the diagramming component to the new JS version and the feedback from our customers has been nothing but positive.

Cons

There are a couple of things:

- Documentation - The online documentation has bugs in that demos don't load and sample code cannot be seen.

- Quality - Sometime the QA of the components could be a bit better.

Randy
  • Industry: Sports

Synfusion Review Randy

Reviewed on 2023/04/12

Really like them

Really like them

Pros

Great Controls, great Service, Timely iterations

Cons

Behind in Maui and Blazor controls. There is nothing else

Manolo
  • Industry: Information Services

SDS

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Pros

The product has a lot of components and a lot of customizations. at first it costs a little to use, but support is excelent. It is the reason why I prefer this product to another.

Excel, doc and pdf library are fantastic!

Cons

Some components, pdf viewer, file explorer are complicated to use, so I use other components

Lars

Blazor Components

Reviewed on 2023/07/05

We've had a good experience. As mentioned the Blazor compononent enabled us to bring first version of a green field application to test a lot faster than we would have been able to without. Moving forward, we find ourselves in some case replacing some Blazor components with own development. Many Sf components still remain

Pros

The Blazor component suite offered is a host of fully feature components that significantly sped up our entry into a green field hosted Blazor Webassembly application

Cons

Some feedback from developers mentioned in some case to much configuration of components in 'magical strings'

Arup
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Essential Studio Feedback

Reviewed on 2023/04/12

Pros

We are using React JS components. I like the wide list of components /controls available in the library.

Cons

We are facing many challenges while integrating the Synfusion ReachJS components in our applications. Many of the times we are facing very fundamental issues with the library and many of the use cases are not tested properly before rolling out for the product usage. We are keep raising a lot of tickets to resolve the issues but it is impacting our time and the quality of our application.

Mani

Step above the Competition

Reviewed on 2021/08/14

Thrilled to be using this product. I was sceptical at first to use this product thinking about long learning curve but was surprised that I could get along within 30 minutes of first using the product.

Pros

Was easy to setup and use the first time around without much effort, and you have any issues just raise a Support Ticket and found that the Customer Support would reply within 24 hours and they went a step ahead and would resolve any issues even unconnected with their product and every support ticket resolution at every stage includes a working sample created. Regarding the competition that I have used, they would take 72 hours to reply and generally requires 4-5 interactions before the issue is resolved, and support generally involved only around their product.

Cons

Documentation seems inadequate, I feel they could improve on the documentation and that is where the Competition was better. I feel with better documentation online, raising Support Ticket would be reduced to minimum. Even when documentation is available it is sometimes a huge task to search them. Secondly sometimes feature requests takes a long time to get implemented, I can see some of them being requested over a year ago and still not implemented.

Luis

Excelent tool for developers

Reviewed on 2023/10/19

I have used many component libraries to develop applications for many years and Syncfusion provides the clearest and most intuitive programming model. It has very good documentation and support. Until now I have been able to develop almost any type of application in blazor with great quality

Pros

I really like the programming model, it is much less complicated than other similar products on the market. The product is very well supported and they update it very frequently

Cons

Not much. Most components are very useful. Maybe the lack of a component to view spreadsheets in blazor

Thusantha
  • Industry: Human Resources

Very happy customer

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

I didn't use the Essential Studio, but incorporated the components using the name spaces

Pros

Syncfusion UI toolkit has quite a large number of components that can be incorporated into any Blazor application and put into use with very short time. In the toolkit, I think there are over 25 components to choose from. The Online help is so fantastic, explains with many examples and sows how to customize.

Their support team is very helpful and prompt in helping solve any problem. Even online chat service is very good and helpful. I recommend to any web developer to use Syncfusion UI toolkit and I am sure every user will be very happy

Cons

The scheduler component is so fantastic to use. Very complex, but once you get to know the component, it can be customized to suit your needs. Aging the support team provided me some examples and I am very happy with the Scheduler component.

Michael

Solid Multi-Platform Tools with Excellent Support

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Pros

Syncfusion had essential features for our Xamarin application 'Don't B e Late!'. Without Syncfusion's excellent feature set and solid support it would have taken much longer to get to market.

We like the fact that many components are multi-platform and allow is to quickly get the same look and feel in varying environments with a minimum of work.

Cons

Syncfusion's very hard set of components available on so many platforms sometimes had made it a bit difficult to quickly know just how to achieve the desired behavior; documentation is not always easy to find. Fortunately their very quick support turnaround nicely makes up for this,