Essential Studio

4,2
4,7
Ray W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Complete, robust, fully functional web UI

Reviewed on 2020/04/18

Overall it's a great product. It does everything Telerik Kendo does but is cheaper and therefore a better value.

Pros

The Syncfusion Grid component is as good or better than any other on the market. It has every feature you could want: paging, sorting, filtering, sizing and reordering columns, exporting to PDF, CSV, or Excel. And they have just about every other rich web component you think of: Calendar, sortable list, embedded rich text/HTML editor, charts, maps, you name it. And best of all, their free community license includes ASP.Net MVC so you can develop rich MVC web UI applications. And also includes Xam

Cons

Although they have extensive documentation, they so many components that do so many things, that not every feature has specific programming examples, so you sometimes have to figure things out through trail and error. And although the MVC components all have tons of methods and parameters you sometimes have to write JavaScript to make it work the way you want. So you need to be a strong programmer.

Martin A.
Industry: Computer Software

Great tools with great feature and make us save time.

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Me and My team we appreciate this tool because it really help to bring our new software to another level. With all the documentations and the demos this help me and my team to go quickly thru the learning curves.

Pros

They provide a lot of demo and they have a great support.

Cons

Sometime some feature are taking long before being deploy with there version.

Bernard J.
Industry: Accounting

Syncfusion is the best

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Pros

Easy to use, community license, great technical support.

Cons

There is no such thing as "like least".

Sabrina C.

Great components outstanding support

Reviewed on 2020/02/15

I'm using both the WPF components and the Web components, both on ASP.Net MVC and .Net Core, The use of these components reduces dramatically the development time and they have a great support for tasks as exporting to excel, word, html, and importing from external source, they have great PDF management and Visualization components and Great components to manage Word and Excel documents.

Pros

The good documentation, many samples, easy to apply on our software, but most of all the outstanding support from the company that supplies a sample to solve a problem or any How To question. Is very attentive when a possible bug is pointed out and if it is a bug a fix is provided in a scheduled time.

Cons

the only thing I don't like much is that upgrading the desktop projects when I upgrade the libraries is a time consuming task. But I don't think there is a way to avoid this.

Barry S.
Industry: Sports

Fantastic Support & Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Pros

We use 10+ different Syncfusion controls from Essential Studio for Xamarin and they quite literally have become an Essential part of our mobile product. They allow us to provide a UI with much greater polish and depth of functionality than the stock Xamarin Forms components while maintaining all of the cross-platform benefits between iOS and Android. And the Syncfusion support has been stellar. They have gone above and beyond on multiple occasions to help us track down obscure issues, some of which ended-up being our fault. Very highly recommended!

Cons

Event handling in some of the components can be challenging to work with, and some of the components have some annoying quirks, but these are minor quibbles overall. The written documentation can be difficult to read in places, but at least they do have extensive documentation.

Santosh B.

Why SyncFusion?

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

Pros

I have been using Telerik's controls for almost 10 years now before being introduced to SyncFusion.

I would have to say that the Community License is the greatest reason for me to switch from Telerik.

Currently I am working on Angular projects and I have only used SyncFusion's Angular controls but I have found that the controls are equal to or greater in quality to the Telerik controls.

The grid in particular is much easier to use and develop with; it has been a challenging learning curve to transition from the Telerik grid control only because I have had to map actions and events from one to the other.

I think if I did not have such a long history with the Telerik controls, I wouldn't have any issues in learning to use the SyncFusion controls. I found this to be true when working with controls I had not used before .

Cons

Other than issues transitioning code from Telerik to Syncfusion, I haven't found any cons for using SyncFusion.

Joshua C.

A Fantastic Feature Filled Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Pros

This software is feature rich and can be easily incorporated into most software solutions for a rich user experience. This software is also of a high standard and works well.

Cons

I do find that whilst using the Vue.JS implementation of this product that the Vue implementation is not very 'Vue like' so to say. Unless you use the product exactly as it is designed ie for instance hooking the grid say to a backend service as it expects it can be a bit 'hacky' to get it going as you need it. In my case I had a very specific service that expects a JWT token and specific parameters so I found it easier to call that myself separately using Vuex (which if you hook the grid directly to the service itself, it does not interact with at all - hence why it is not so 'Vue like'). Anyway I got it working with specific methods and functions of the products API but I did not find it so easy at first to know how to do this as the documentation is all geared around using the products in the way they want you to use them.

Cesar B.
Industry: Program Development

best choice for B-Soft

Reviewed on 2020/06/07

my experience with syncfusion is the best, I have an excellent support, I never had something thus.
Each quarter I read the roadmap and I'm waiting new features. They suprise me always.

Pros

Syncfusion is really easy to use, It was integrated in existenting code and I will use for new projects. I like it because I' m going to use React js

Cons

difficult question, really I like it so much. I just would like to integrate with GraphQL easier.

Ivan M.
Company size: Self Employed

Great software with great support = winner

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Awesome, product is worth it 100%

Pros

It has an entry point for any licence requirement
A broad of components in many different technologies
Awesome support: Forum + Direct Issues + issue tracking
Constantly updating the product and documentation with improvements and fixes.
Any support response usually gets a demo working code to demonstrate the workaround, fix or whatever you asked

Cons

Due the huge technologies and components sometimes documentation and demos can get out to date.
Fortunately they have an incredible support team that answer your question very quick

Xuyang S.
Industry: Semiconductors

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

The products are relatively easier to use. The help document quite comprehensive. The support forum is also quite helpful. The release cycle relatively fast. The best part is the excellent customer support for fixing the defects and incorporating them in the patch/next release.

Pros

It would be the various components that could be used in a component.

Cons

The loading time could be improved. And I'm not sure whether it is possible but it would be much better if the visual tree for the WPF component could be shallower thus easier to do automated UI related tests.

David J.
Industry: Government Administration

Best Component Library

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

We use syncfusion to replace about a dozen open source components. Static code scanning and Syncfusion's response to code scan issues are exceptional.

Pros

Comprehensive component library. Great starter tool. Responsive technical support.

Cons

No obvious deficiencies. Update pace is very aggressive.

Almohanned H.
Industry: Computer Software

Amazing option for startups and freelancers

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

- We used to work on Microsoft development technologies using VS and for this domain Essential Studio is amazing option to save a huge amount of time and effort creating a high quality UX for our clients.

Pros

- controls for almost everything
- very high quality components
- easy to use
- well documented
- amazing support team

Cons

- Xamarin controls need to be more stable. However, any issue reported was handled quick and fixed.

Phil S.

I highly recommend Syncfusion Essential Studio

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Pros

I've used both the Xamarin Forms and ASP.NET Core variants of Essential Studio. In both cases, I found the software to be solid, with a really nice feature set, and in general easy to implement. I think the best part of Syncfusion, though, is their incredible technical support, which in my experience is unmatched in the component industry in terms of their helpfulness, responsiveness, and speed.

Cons

I find the documentation lacking in terms of its completeness, and also the dearth of meaningful sample programs.

Luigi C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

review CNAO

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Pros

the extent of the controls available the ease to incorporate them in our development environment

Cons

the functionalities of the controls aresometimes limited.the behaviour is sometimes unpredictable

Aditya B.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great library and control stack

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

We use WPF, Angular JS and angular controls from syncfusion. We felt confident in the controls usability and ease of integration and quality of the technical support team has been great. The control help us build better products to support out company needs.

Pros

A wide variety of controls, well documented and supported. Excellent code samples and support is quick to respond to custom features and sample code.

Cons

We had few issues with feature parity from migrating from Angular JS to Angular but the team is quick to give alternative ideas with sample code.

Darren S.
Industry: Insurance

Allowed us to implement powerful tools into our product with ease

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Essential Studio provided us with the necessary tools that were required for us to seamlessly deliver powerful features to our clients. Whenever we needed support, we received prompt assistance with actual resolutions.

Pros

The supporting documentation is easy to follow and assisted with every requirement that we had for our product.

Cons

We have yet to experience any cons with using this product.

Sotirios B.

Very satisfied

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

You can get professionally designed and implemented controls in a fraction of time than to design and implement by yourself.

Pros

Very nice help, documentation and suport. Controls fit a lot practical scenarios.

Cons

When problems or limitations arise, in most cases I can found alternative or well written documentation.

Ander C.
Industry: Industrial Automation

Program with many tools, easy to use and with good customer service

Reviewed on 2020/09/20

Pros

- Many tools (program controls, excel, pdf...)
- Easy to use whith a lot of examples and forums
- Good and fast customer service.
- Good updates

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the program

John H.
Industry: Computer Software

You're doing a good job with Blazor but you could use some improvement

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

It seems like so much is happening so fast with your Blazor product that more often than I'd like things get past QA without being bug free. It makes me very hesitant to upgrade to the latest version for fear that something which used to work now doesn't (unit testing UI components is very hard). As a result, we often spend a lot of time trying to decide if we want to upgrade for a new feature, or stay with an older version because it has fewer potential bugs.

Pros

Your Blazor tools are the most full-featured, complete product available

Cons

Things are changing so fast that a lot of your documentation hasn't kept current with the latest changes, which sometimes makes it hard to implement some of the newest features. It also makes it difficult because if we find a thread on the community forum, often its outdated because the product itself has changed recently.

Alberto P.
Industry: Information Services

vert good library

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Pros

we use theese library for word document generation and it works very well

Cons

little example code, sometime is difficult understand the correct way to use it

Olawumi S.

Syncfusion is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Pros

Comprehensive selection of Components across many different platforms
Comprehensive Collection of documentation and tutorials
Easy to setup
Really great support

Cons

When it comes to some advanced charts, I found it difficult to get the look and feel I wanted even though I was sure it was possible with the Syncfusion Circular Gauge Component for Ionic (bright side I got it done with help from Syncfusion Support)

Kevin L.

The best Component Suite out there

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

Health care full stack development.

Pros

How quickly support for Blazor, Xamarin Forms and Angular and the depth of the support for these platforms.

Cons

Can't think of anything. The suite is very easy to use and full featured.

Bhaveshchandra M.

Product review

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

its good going..

Pros

Features and functionality, vast variety of charts and UI components

Cons

1. Multiple time feedback link and email.
2. Support and documentation. I mean almost every document is more or less missing some of the code/documentation/module/component

Hemant T.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Pros

We are mainly using document editor from syncfusion. It's an excellent product. It's better than many other product in market in terms of accuracy document editor maintain the formatting of work document perfectly. It's almost identical to MS WORD. It's also very easy to integrate in our existing product. Also support staff is excellent they responded to my queries correctly and accuratly.

Cons

Though document editor identical to MS Word it do not provide support of all MS word features. Also syncfusion do not have support for AngularJS (version 1.*). Our product is on angularjs version 1.7 so we have to use their javascript library. Having angularjs library would have been better feet for us.

Vikas G.
Industry: Financial Services

Blazor Grid and Razor Grid

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

It's working well for us and I really like their support.

Pros

It has most of the features that are needed in web Grid but I really like their support.

Cons

Blazor gird is not matured yet with the Expando data source (Dynamics )