Zimbra Collaboration Suite

Enterprise collaboration and online community software.

Giridhar S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best Email Client Software

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

Zimbra, an instant mail setup client which is the best for the corporate sector as we can easily deliver messages and receive the same which works in real time. I have been using Zimbra mail server from the past 2 years and it works remain excellent till time as I don't even have any late deliverability nor any delayed task on it. The features were actually well built for an employee who used to use this on a daily basis and can interact with their colleagues/staff members/clients easily and on time.

Pros

The most I like in Zimbra is:
1. Faster Deliverability of Emails in real time
2. Can add Email Signature to all our emails
3. Can send Events/Meetings Invites
4. User Responsive in design and lite speed software
5. Can use Out of Office option if you're in leave and send automatic responsive email to them
6. Can Import/Backup all emails/contacts with a single click
7. Can search through all our emails by using search options
8. There is an inbuilt Calendar for our quick meetings lookup in it

Cons

Hmm.. At Present, there's no cons or least liked about this software as I have been using it from past 2 years and going with the same speed till now :)

• Industry: Law Practice

Community Edition of Zimbra - High bar to jump but the price is right!

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Experience has been good to excellent.

Pros

The open source nature of a sophisticated multi-node email server can't be matched. Free??? This is great.

Cons

There is a high technological bar. One must be conversant with LDAP and understand how to make that run to properly implement the server. It is not for the faint of heart technologically.

Jose B.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

It's our business email platform.

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

We have achieved a centralized and secure administration of the company's email service. We have control of the entire service and it allows us to function efficiently and quickly.

Pros

It is a very stable platform. Its functionality is comparable to other mail service platforms. It is intuitive, it integrates quickly with existing platforms. Using the ActiveSync protocol allows communication in real time, the emails are "push mail" on all devices. You can share and centralize contact information and calendars within the same application. The service configuration options for each email account are quite broad, allowing users with different profiles. The account management console is very simple and easy to understand. I think the "My Maletin" service is a good concept, it allows you to share documents within the same space of the user's account.

Cons

The detailed values of the accounts and specific settings are not available in the administration console. The most complex configurations must be done via command line. The update processes are complex, since they must be done in a controlled environment, because they can produce an error and place the entire service offline. The internal DNS configuration processes are done by command line. User logs should be searched by command line, when they should be available in the web interface query services. There is no way for the graphical administration interface to see the emails that are arriving and which is coming out, for purposes of tracking any particular activity with a user, it is difficult to do so quickly.

Daniel R.

I have used zimbra for almost 2 years and it has seemed a solid app for business mail system

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

A Personal and Work experience

Pros

It has been very adaptable to the needs of my company because it is open source

It has been widely accepted by end users due to the application of web standards, which gives the user more reliability in the system.

The administration interface has been very simple and functional when creating users, groups and requirements

Cons

The information filtering tools and emails have many details that have to be improved.

The modules for the users themselves to change the password of their account have some problems.

Yezid M.

Powerfull stable and integrated email platform

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pros

The Zimbra platform integrates open source apps in a very stable email application, Administration web gui is very complete and easy to use. Webmail client app is very complete for our users and customers.

Cons

Being a ver nice email application, at least the Network edition must be more compatible with platforms like MAC OS, this would be the point that make Zimbra to win users.

David A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great collaboration and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

This is a great software that makes collaboration a breeze!

Pros

This software is great for email and overall collaboration. It is easy to use and has helpful features. This is a great tool to keep up with our teams and makes collaboration a breeze.

Cons

I would like some more flexibility in the customization of the email. It is straight forward and simple but I would like to be able to customize a bit more.

Calvin W.

Not bad, but not perfect either.

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Overall, it's not bad and it's much better than having everything on google's servers.

Pros

It's nice to have the entire company on the same (non-google) calendar and email.

Cons

The server-side email filters aren't robust enough and setting them up is not very user friendly.

Yasaru D.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Totally comfortable with end user

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

We are providing mail services and also we use this internally. We have entire control of this. managing and using zimbra is such a good experience to do both user and admin roll.

Pros

In back end, It has many functional options like configuring email for an organization with such simple steps. As a user we have bulk messages options and variety of using this makes good value what we expected.

Cons

spam messages we got and handling those messages , security level.

I use it daily, and rarely did have a problem with it.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

A resilient software, which makes me fell confident when sending/receiving e-mails.

Pros

The interface is beatiful, and intuitive as well. Since I can organise my new arriven messages, I feel good.

Cons

The zimlet for PGP could be improved. I can have only up to 10 public keys recorded. This is fairly few.

Gabby S.

Zimbra or Outlook?

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Overall I enjoy using Zimbra. I find it easy to use, and I like some of the features that they overall, but overall I don't find it the best email software out there.

Pros

So, our company actually uses both Zimbra and Outlook. When it comes to Zimbra, I don't really have any complaints. It is easy to use. They have a chat feature that we recently started using within our company, and we are able to also store documents such as PTO policies and other important company documents.

Cons

Although I don't have any major complaints necessarily about Zimbra, I will say it almost seems "old" to me. Like we are using an old fashioned software. There aren't too many features within Zimbra, either, as compared to competitors such as Outlook.

Ronny leal - D.

This was the mail server that existed in an institution where he worked in certain occasions

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Corporate email

Pros

Very good option for an institutional corporate email since it offers the basic functions for the management of work

Cons

It is very limited in certain options that have large email servers even in the capacity of shipments

Justin S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Perhaps the worst productivity suite I've ever used

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

You can do better than Zimbra. Whether Google or Microsoft, go with a company that delivers a top-notch productivity experience and doesn't have any of the quality or customer support problems that Zimbra has.

Pros

When it worked, Zimbra provided our users with a decent experience that wasn't completely replicated once we switched away from it. There were certain features, like built-in RSS reader support, that other platforms don't have.

Cons

Zimbra has changed hands quite a bit over the years, and it isn't difficult to see why. Its quality control is abominable, for one. I lost track of the number of times our Zimbra environment went offline because of some obscure bug. Zimbra's documentation tends to be scattered, and when you do find it, you'll see that Zimbra makes its own little versions of every open source product it uses. Its customer service generally doesn't know what it's doing except for one guy, Rick, that I occasionally spoke with.

Cynthia R.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Zimbra Transition

Reviewed on 2019/02/03

Zimbra was chosen as a preferred suite for our company because it allows for a simple client that every member of our workforce could use without feeling overwhelmed with Outlook or Office 365. With Zimbra it has been easier to encourage collaboration with different teams and team members. More experienced team members who need or desire the muscles of Outlook and easily set Zimbra in Outlook.

Pros

Ok lets begin with the good. Zimbra is a suite that comes with the basic calendar, contact list and the ability to create tasks. It allows you to set reminders, tasks and appointments and share them with coworkers quickly. This is perhaps the best features of this software. It is a relatively simple program without all the bells and whistles of the beast known as Outlook. It is the simplicity of this software and security that makes it ideal for our company. We have just migrated to Zimbra and the roll out for the most part was successful. One thing I absolutely love about Zimbra is the ability to set it up in Outlook. This gives me the collaboration within my team using Zimbra and the features I've come to love in Outlook.

Cons

If you are use to the larger and more powerful collaboration suite known as Office 365, you'll be a bit disappointed with Zimbra. Zimbra is not going to search for you, talk for you or keep your emails forever. What you'll find is a simple program that allows you to collaborate with your coworkers and management without the bells and whistles. It can be a disappointment if you're use to a larger suite. Communication is limited to just responding to an email, and emails are set to a 30 day retention limit. You can use a "Zimlet" to capture and save emails however. As stated above being able to incorporate Zimbra into Outlook is a way to overcome some of the limitations of Zimbra.

Deepak M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Light weight, Cost-effective & User-Friendly Web-Email Collaboration product

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

While working in previous organization, came across this web based product, specially due to its open source nature, and easier to learn. It helped a great deal in being up-to-date by tracking official mails.It has all the features that an basic web email client needs to have.

Specially during the times we were connected to VPN, it used to easily work even in low or restricted network connectivity.It had easier and user-friendly User Interface, including refresh button, to force reload emails as per convenience.

Pros

1. Specially the optimized nature of it to work on limited or lower network connectivity like VPN,

2. Cost effective and Opensource nature.

Cons

User Interface was laggy sometimes. It has sort of older look and feel compared to other open source email collaboration products.

Sometimes it was not able to filter junk mails effectively compared microsoft exchange service.

Andrea W.

Reliable email manager!

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

Zimbra is simply outstanding and easy to implement. It can also be used for data storage and sharing.

Pros

Zimbra is our email manager. Our team uses it daily to send and receive emails, it is a very productive solution for internal and external communication. What I like the best about Zimbra are its splendid storage volume and the mobile version. Our colleague has access to emails even when they are traveling or away from the office.
Also, it is easy to manage for us and supports all the major platforms. Zimbra is fast and convenient.

Cons

The Mobile Version of Zimbra can really use an upgrade, we can only send messages and cannot attach files. I'm hoping Zimbra would upgrade their phone app very soon.

Estefanie arlet M.

Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a very useful communication tool that groups several functions.

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Simply Zimbra Collaboration Suite is the best way to stay connected in the institution where I work. The planning of activities as well as the contact information of the different employees is centralized through this program. It is easier to communicate with the Zimbra Collaboration Suite.

Pros

The biggest advantage offered by Zimbra Collaboration Suite is the ability to communicate with other users by integrating various tools such as email, contact book, task planning and calendar in a single software and with a very simple interface.

Cons

Although Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a great software, sometimes it presents operating problems that are resolved by closing and opening the browser from where you work. Another aspect to improve is the design of the interface from the aesthetic point of view. It's simple but unattractive to look at.

this tool has helped me in many ways especially as I use it daily to review my messages .

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

* I agree with the following points:
1- The general presentation menu is quite friendly to the eye., as well as its versatility to be used in cell phones.
2- I like the easy installation and the web administrative console which can be used for many admin tasks. The Desktop app is great and easy to use.

Cons

* I agree with the following points:
1- Sometimes there are some glitches in Zimbra, but in most cases clearing cache and restarting browser helps to solve them.
2- Hard to customize the installation, lost data when I needed to migrate to another server. The API uses XML-RPC which is not easy to use, JSON is a lot easier.

Paola M.

It is a software that groups several functions allowing communication to be more effective

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Thanks to Zimbra I have been able to keep better communication with my teammates and at the same time I have improved my ability to plan thanks to the tools that this software has. It has been a great alternative.

Pros

It has a very intuitive interface that makes this software an easy tool to use. In the same way its installation is very simple. Account with contacts, chat and tasks in addition to their email service. It is available for several platforms. It is accessible in terms of price

Cons

One aspect to improve is the interface design. I think it's somewhat antiquated if we compare it with other software of this type in the market.

Gilberto G.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

It is an innovative email messaging and collaboration suite. It is the free software solution

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Pros

It is an innovative email messaging and collaboration suite. The powerful Zimbra web client integrates email, contacts, shared calendar. Another of Zimbra's functionality is connectivity with proprietary clients such as Microsoft Outlook. It is the free software solution

Cons

It has a unique password that compromises all services. If the directory server falls, we can not access the services

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

E-mail made easy

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Zimbra E-mail is very, very easy to use. Our little complaints are just nitpicky and isn't serious. We've been using Zimbra e-mail for over 5 years and have not had any major issuer. Our organization plans on keeping this service for years to come.

Pros

It is a basic e-mail system, quick, easy, great way to keep in touch with your staff.

Cons

it looks old, could look better, needs to be updated. I do wish it could handle e-mails with larger files. Desktop notification would be a great addon.

Hemant A.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good software to increase productivity

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

My overall experience is good. Actually very good in terms of value for money. I would recommend for others. Organizations that very big can afford others, but I think market segment for zimbra is different

Pros

Easy to organize things. I like the way you can tag and create a note for yourself

Cons

Sometimes it lags, maybe because I use browser based rather than the dextop app

Great program for non expensive web client

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

Great for company that does not want expensive email web client. Does everything you want in an email client. Never had system crash and is pretty decent.

Cons

Not an exchange. restriction list is a bit weird. not easy to migrate to a newer version. backups of emails is a bit difficult.

Rene M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The new version of Zimbra is the best and most complete tool for emails

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

It is a good software to connect to the equipment through group chats, where even the creation of channels based on videoconferences is allowed. In addition, it can be used to share documents online. It is also recommended to synchronize and store all the information of our work through its own cloud, Zimbra Drive.

Pros

Zimbra is an open source software that only needs a server within GNU or Linux to fully deploy. Version 8.8.15 of ximbra collaboration is much broader in terms of mobility for calendars and events in general.

Cons

The zimbra suite does not have many key functions for working with document editions directly in real time, or for the execution of discussion forums among our team employees. Nor does it include a labeling system through social media.

Jardel S.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Email Service

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

One area of ​​the company was migrated to the zimbra service to unburden the other platform we use and we had a great result with the union of the two email services.

Pros

The highlight of the zimbra email service is the ease of using other mailboxes next to your main email.

Cons

Security in calendar sharing and distribution list.

Laura B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Zimbra Email software review

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

I love the ease of use of zimbra. Flawless and functional.

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app so that I can check my work emails on the go.