Zimbra Reviews

Zimbra

Enterprise collaboration and online community software for teams

4.5/5 (49 reviews)

About Zimbra

Reviewed on 3/26/2019

Firstly we use this software to check the incoming mails from clients or colleagues. The experience is quite good while using this software as it is fast, more secure. It blocks the mails from the third party systems which are not trusted by this zimbra collaboration suite. We can integration this suite with informative applications like Ted, IBM redbooks to view our daily feeds which is quite helpful for the people who are more interested in gaining knowledge. Instead of sending individual messages to the clients or colleagues we send frequently, there is a looping option where we can send so many mails by copying the same people we send the mail often. We can flag the mails in case of important mails and store it in a directory for any necessary information that is contained in the mail. We can use emojis and stickers for friendly interactions with the people within the organization. We have quite a few regular options like Changing the font, font size, sending attachements along with the emails, referring of the previous mails. We can save the incoming mails by enabling the offline mode in case we are using zimbra in our personal computer. There is an inbuilt archive option where we can archive folders of big size for size compression so that it can be easily transmitted through a dedicated network. We can save all our business contacts. My overall experience using this software is so satisfying.

Pros

1) Can be accessed through any browser like Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc..
2) Can be accessed through Personal Computer and Mobile
3) Inbox folders, addresses, contacts, tasks, calender scheduling dates can be shared among multiple users
4) Can schedule group meetings with a specific date and time using calenders
5) Personal tasks can be assigned or tasks can be assigned in groups. The progress of the task can be specified and the works to do further in regards to the task can also be specified.
6) A specified directory called brief case is available to store our files.
7) Zimlets are available to make the conversations between end to end users in a more formal, more interactive way.
8) Tags can be used to filter out the incoming mails that is to be called out in a particular category.

Cons

I didn't find any Cons. I find the working of this software Swift and smooth with no time lags while loading the incoming mails.

Zimbra Transition

Reviewed on 2/3/2019

Zimbra was chosen as a preferred suite for our company because it allows for a simple client that every member of our workforce could use without feeling overwhelmed with Outlook or Office 365. With Zimbra it has been easier to encourage collaboration with different teams and team members. More experienced team members who need or desire the muscles of Outlook and easily set Zimbra in Outlook.

Pros

Ok lets begin with the good. Zimbra is a suite that comes with the basic calendar, contact list and the ability to create tasks. It allows you to set reminders, tasks and appointments and share them with coworkers quickly. This is perhaps the best features of this software. It is a relatively simple program without all the bells and whistles of the beast known as Outlook. It is the simplicity of this software and security that makes it ideal for our company. We have just migrated to Zimbra and the roll out for the most part was successful. One thing I absolutely love about Zimbra is the ability to set it up in Outlook. This gives me the collaboration within my team using Zimbra and the features I've come to love in Outlook.

Cons

If you are use to the larger and more powerful collaboration suite known as Office 365, you'll be a bit disappointed with Zimbra. Zimbra is not going to search for you, talk for you or keep your emails forever. What you'll find is a simple program that allows you to collaborate with your coworkers and management without the bells and whistles. It can be a disappointment if you're use to a larger suite. Communication is limited to just responding to an email, and emails are set to a 30 day retention limit. You can use a "Zimlet" to capture and save emails however. As stated above being able to incorporate Zimbra into Outlook is a way to overcome some of the limitations of Zimbra.

7.0/10

It's our business email platform.

Reviewed on 3/31/2018

We have achieved a centralized and secure administration of the company's email service. We have control of the entire service and it allows us to function efficiently and quickly.

Pros

It is a very stable platform. Its functionality is comparable to other mail service platforms. It is intuitive, it integrates quickly with existing platforms. Using the ActiveSync protocol allows communication in real time, the emails are "push mail" on all devices. You can share and centralize contact information and calendars within the same application. The service configuration options for each email account are quite broad, allowing users with different profiles. The account management console is very simple and easy to understand. I think the "My Maletin" service is a good concept, it allows you to share documents within the same space of the user's account.

Cons

The detailed values of the accounts and specific settings are not available in the administration console. The most complex configurations must be done via command line. The update processes are complex, since they must be done in a controlled environment, because they can produce an error and place the entire service offline. The internal DNS configuration processes are done by command line. User logs should be searched by command line, when they should be available in the web interface query services. There is no way for the graphical administration interface to see the emails that are arriving and which is coming out, for purposes of tracking any particular activity with a user, it is difficult to do so quickly.

An integral tool for managerial issues

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

I think that Zimbra is a perfect tool for emailing and management. Despite some issues, it is very easy to implement the service and it helps to communicate with customers and colleagues in the handiest way.

Pros

To my mind, it is great that Zimbra gives an opportunity to share a calendar among colleagues and customers. It helps us to share all important data and meetings at any time. Another plus is a simple and user-friendly design. It is perfect both for qualified users and people who use it for the first time. And of course, emailing itself is on the top-level. It is easy to customize and make the necessary changes. Zimbra is an open source software with an opportunity to send emails, keep contacts, and make notes in the calendar. This service is perfect for remote work because I can keep an eye on everything and be sure, that everyone knows what they need to do.

Cons

I am convinced that Zimbra has more advantages than disadvantages. However, there are some issues to fix. Firstly, filters are hard to use and understand, because they aren’t flexible at all. Secondly, the software itself is quite hard to operate. Despite all pluses, the service still demands some basic IT skills. Thirdly, there might be some problems with data export and back up, because the software depends on servers.

Best Email Client Software

Reviewed on 3/25/2019

Zimbra, an instant mail setup client which is the best for the corporate sector as we can easily deliver messages and receive the same which works in real time. I have been using Zimbra mail server from the past 2 years and it works remain excellent till time as I don't even have any late deliverability nor any delayed task on it. The features were actually well built for an employee who used to use this on a daily basis and can interact with their colleagues/staff members/clients easily and on time.

Pros

The most I like in Zimbra is:
1. Faster Deliverability of Emails in real time
2. Can add Email Signature to all our emails
3. Can send Events/Meetings Invites
4. User Responsive in design and lite speed software
5. Can use Out of Office option if you're in leave and send automatic responsive email to them
6. Can Import/Backup all emails/contacts with a single click
7. Can search through all our emails by using search options
8. There is an inbuilt Calendar for our quick meetings lookup in it

Cons

Hmm.. At Present, there's no cons or least liked about this software as I have been using it from past 2 years and going with the same speed till now :)

Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a great software that allows us to be communicated effectively.

Reviewed on 5/30/2018

Zimbra Collaboration Suite has brought me many benefits professionally speaking. Having this software has been a very pleasant experience since we migrated from another mail service to Zimbra. With this things seem simpler. Its interface helps a lot so that any user finds it easy to handle it.

Pros

What I like most about the Zimbra Collaboration Suite is that it groups several services in a single package. To have a list of contacts, a tool to plan activities, a calendar and most importantly: email service, covers all my needs at a professional level. It has been the best investment that has been made in the institution where I have been working for several years.

Cons

I really do not find major flaws in this software. For a low price I think it covers very well the needs that can be presented to us in an office to keep communications.

Light weight, Cost-effective & User-Friendly Web-Email Collaboration product

Reviewed on 1/31/2019

While working in previous organization, came across this web based product, specially due to its open source nature, and easier to learn. It helped a great deal in being up-to-date by tracking official mails.It has all the features that an basic web email client needs to have.

Specially during the times we were connected to VPN, it used to easily work even in low or restricted network connectivity.It had easier and user-friendly User Interface, including refresh button, to force reload emails as per convenience.

Pros

1. Specially the optimized nature of it to work on limited or lower network connectivity like VPN,

2. Cost effective and Opensource nature.

Cons

User Interface was laggy sometimes. It has sort of older look and feel compared to other open source email collaboration products.

Sometimes it was not able to filter junk mails effectively compared microsoft exchange service.

7.0/10

Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a very useful communication tool that groups several functions.

Reviewed on 5/25/2018

Simply Zimbra Collaboration Suite is the best way to stay connected in the institution where I work. The planning of activities as well as the contact information of the different employees is centralized through this program. It is easier to communicate with the Zimbra Collaboration Suite.

Pros

The biggest advantage offered by Zimbra Collaboration Suite is the ability to communicate with other users by integrating various tools such as email, contact book, task planning and calendar in a single software and with a very simple interface.

Cons

Although Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a great software, sometimes it presents operating problems that are resolved by closing and opening the browser from where you work. Another aspect to improve is the design of the interface from the aesthetic point of view. It's simple but unattractive to look at.

Simplistic, Cost Efficient approach towards Email communication

Reviewed on 8/1/2018

- Functionality of sending and receiving mails
- Appointments in Calendar
- helped me in developing my basing understanding of mail clients
- helped me in performing my daily work as our business runs through Zimbra

Pros

1. Open Source - Easy to Configure, Less capital needed, less memory Consuming and Secure
2. simplicity - the user interface is very friendly no need to introduce people on how to use it.
3. Functionality - availability of important basic functions like Calendar, Document Storage and mail backup is already there and is very easy to use .
4. ease - can be configured according to business requirements and use
5. Stability

Cons

1. Can Include many functionalities and add ons.
2. Hard to configure shared mailboxes and DL's
3. Cannot handle huge data and less storage space
4. GUI can be much improved

6.0/10

this tool has helped me in many ways especially as I use it daily to review my messages .

Reviewed on 2/28/2018

Pros

* I agree with the following points:
1- The general presentation menu is quite friendly to the eye., as well as its versatility to be used in cell phones.
2- I like the easy installation and the web administrative console which can be used for many admin tasks. The Desktop app is great and easy to use.

Cons

* I agree with the following points:
1- Sometimes there are some glitches in Zimbra, but in most cases clearing cache and restarting browser helps to solve them.
2- Hard to customize the installation, lost data when I needed to migrate to another server. The API uses XML-RPC which is not easy to use, JSON is a lot easier.

Simple, versatile and efficient.

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

Thanks to this software they have improved the relationships in our work team. Its diverse tools allow us to better plan our activities and keep us permanently communicated. Very good.

Pros

It is an economic software and very comfortable to work with. It is an easily accessible platform capable of integrating the most demanded requirements in an institution such as: mail, contacts, shared calendar and online documents. It is quite practical.

Cons

It is not the best option to integrate to mobile devices. I think it has several limitations when it comes to entering the Zimbra from a smart phone when compared to running on a desktop computer.

It is a software that groups several functions allowing communication to be more effective

Reviewed on 7/3/2018

Thanks to Zimbra I have been able to keep better communication with my teammates and at the same time I have improved my ability to plan thanks to the tools that this software has. It has been a great alternative.

Pros

It has a very intuitive interface that makes this software an easy tool to use. In the same way its installation is very simple. Account with contacts, chat and tasks in addition to their email service. It is available for several platforms. It is accessible in terms of price

Cons

One aspect to improve is the interface design. I think it's somewhat antiquated if we compare it with other software of this type in the market.

I have used zimbra for almost 2 years and it has seemed a solid app for business mail system

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

A Personal and Work experience

Pros

It has been very adaptable to the needs of my company because it is open source

It has been widely accepted by end users due to the application of web standards, which gives the user more reliability in the system.

The administration interface has been very simple and functional when creating users, groups and requirements

Cons

The information filtering tools and emails have many details that have to be improved.

The modules for the users themselves to change the password of their account have some problems.

A very useful e-mail, agenda, and collaboration tool

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

This is a useful program that solves your communication needs and helps keep you up to date with your emails, your meetings, and your daily tasks

Pros

It doesn't require a program to be installed in your computer, and you can have access to it where ever you need to: Laptop, PC, Tablet, Phone. It can sync your personal calendar in your cell phone and keep you updated about your meetings, Task list, and reminders. You can filter e-mails by folders, and there is also a downloadable local version in case you need to work off-line.

Cons

It does not have a wide variety of themes.

Free email service

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 1/10/2019

I'm no longer at work where I use Zimbra, but I recommend it 100%

Pros

I met Zimbra when in one of my jobs they demanded the use of free software, which I thought was wonderful, I could not participate in the configuration of the service, however my support colleagues did it without knowing anything about the tool, following the manuals and the broad community that it has; the installation was a success, the next step was to provide users with their mail and a brief explanation of its use, but it really was not necessary since the tool was so intuitive that there was not someone who could not use it, we were all delighted with that we could access our mail from any device with Internet access, be able to schedule calendars and meetings, share email folders with other people, synchronize with any email client.

Cons

Few disadvantages you can have of a product like this, perhaps for those who managed the service could be somewhat complicated at the beginning, but not impossible to manage, since there was no interruption of the service at any time.

It is an innovative email messaging and collaboration suite. It is the free software solution

Reviewed on 3/10/2018

Pros

It is an innovative email messaging and collaboration suite. The powerful Zimbra web client integrates email, contacts, shared calendar. Another of Zimbra's functionality is connectivity with proprietary clients such as Microsoft Outlook. It is the free software solution

Cons

It has a unique password that compromises all services. If the directory server falls, we can not access the services

Zimbra Collaboration Suite groups the functions that I need in a software to plan and communicate

Reviewed on 7/13/2018

With Zimbra I have improved substantially with respect to task planning and communication with my team. In the same way it has allowed us to save resources since it is a free software that offers a quality service.

Pros

One of Zimbra's positive aspects is that it offers e-mail, calendar, contact book and tasks in a single software, so I should not install other applications to enjoy these tools. Its interface is simple, facilitating its use for anyone who uses this program for the first time.

Cons

I believe that it has limitations when it is handled from smartphones if it is compared with its operation from desktop computers. From the aesthetic point of view it could improve its interface.

E-mail made easy

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

Zimbra E-mail is very, very easy to use. Our little complaints are just nitpicky and isn't serious. We've been using Zimbra e-mail for over 5 years and have not had any major issuer. Our organization plans on keeping this service for years to come.

Pros

It is a basic e-mail system, quick, easy, great way to keep in touch with your staff.

Cons

it looks old, could look better, needs to be updated. I do wish it could handle e-mails with larger files. Desktop notification would be a great addon.

Easy to use and full of features

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 11/2/2018

I used Zimbra in my previous company and I liked the suite very much because it offered almost anything you'd need from an on-premise mail server. It also had some extra features like its own cloud support to share documents and files amongst users.
The paid version also came with the connector for Outlook allowing users keep using their standard mail client application.
I never had any issue to configure my email account on my mobile phones either through the MS Exchange protocol compatibility.
It also comes with a rich web interface.
Now it should also integrate a chat/conference and a document collaboration features but they were not available yet when I was using Zimbra so I can't tell anything about them.

Pros

Easy for the users
It has its own cloud-like file sharing feature
It works on almost any kind of device through standalone clients or rich web client.

Cons

Being Linux based it might be a bit harder to set-up and configure for Microsoft oriented admins

Its a good product with low cost on-premise mailing and collaboration suite!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2018

Our organization is based on Linux with end user using the same and we really don;t want to go MS Exchange option so we left with choices of Lotus Notes (Which is a very good yet expensive product), Novell groupwise and Zimbra. Having tested Zimbra around more than 10 years ago we choose this. It has the flexibility to provide mobile base, thick client and thin web base client. So it was good choice and we are quite satisfied with our decision back then

Pros

Its scale-able, robust, secure and low cost. Based on Postfix and other opensource packages it provides good emailing solution. All the included packages are thoroughly tested before included in release. With most of the world going to cloud for email for the organizations need low cost yet secure and scale-able on premise mailing solution Zimbra is a good option. It has very good Web base UI which is very easy to use. There is no performance issues. Visibility with logs is very good . Zimlets are very cool features you can add on

Cons

The support is a bit so so maybe because of change of so many owners of the company. The web ui can use skin option to make it look and feel like different email platform in the market, e.g. if someone is use to outlook or gmail ui then a them/skin could provide that

7.0/10

Great collaboration and easy to use

Reviewed on 2/7/2018

This is a great software that makes collaboration a breeze!

Pros

This software is great for email and overall collaboration. It is easy to use and has helpful features. This is a great tool to keep up with our teams and makes collaboration a breeze.

Cons

I would like some more flexibility in the customization of the email. It is straight forward and simple but I would like to be able to customize a bit more.

Powerfull stable and integrated email platform

Reviewed on 2/1/2018

Pros

The Zimbra platform integrates open source apps in a very stable email application, Administration web gui is very complete and easy to use. Webmail client app is very complete for our users and customers.

Cons

Being a ver nice email application, at least the Network edition must be more compatible with platforms like MAC OS, this would be the point that make Zimbra to win users.

Great program for non expensive web client

Reviewed on 3/22/2018

Pros

Great for company that does not want expensive email web client. Does everything you want in an email client. Never had system crash and is pretty decent.

Cons

Not an exchange. restriction list is a bit weird. not easy to migrate to a newer version. backups of emails is a bit difficult.

Not bad, but not perfect either.

Reviewed on 3/15/2019

Overall, it's not bad and it's much better than having everything on google's servers.

Pros

It's nice to have the entire company on the same (non-google) calendar and email.

Cons

The server-side email filters aren't robust enough and setting them up is not very user friendly.

7.0/10

My experience has been very positive.

Reviewed on 4/9/2018

Pros

We have been using Zimbra for over 8 years and have been very happy with it . Good functionality for the price.

Cons

Our current version does not allow individual users to add/change distribution lists. This function has to be performed by the admin.