Ziflow

Online proofing software for brands & marketing agencies

Jake H.

Marketing Agency Time Saver

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

We can share documents, images, videos, and URLs with client, who can then comment on specific aspects of the asset that need adjustment and then either "approve with changes" or request another review.

Team member can see the clients' comments directly, which fosters clear communication about the client's expectations across the agency.

Pros

Ziflow makes it easy to track asset approval status across multiple clients. We can collaborate internally, upload and compare multiple versions, and create internal and client-facing comments.

Workflows are simple to build and customize for each client, and we can save the workflows to use over and over.

Cons

Ziflow would be awesome if it had these features:

1. Inline text editing (functionality similar to tracked changes in Word.)

2. A setting that allows specific internal users (who are not proof owners) to receive updates of comments and/or decision across all stages. One checkbox. Currently we need to add users to every stage of proof review to receive updates on comments and decisions at each stage. This causes users to get alerts on each new stage, even if they don't need to take an action during that stage.

Sheryl R.
  • Industry: Publishing

Awesome Product! SAVE TONS OF TIME!

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

We are a publishing and marketing company, our publishing proofreading was mostly manually and emails. With the COVID pandemic, we were forced out of our physical space and we had no choice but to move from a completely manual process to be fully automated, as we are all working remotely from various regions throughout the Caribbean. Ziflow brought us to the realization that proofing didn't need to be as difficult as it used to.

The customer service from Ziflow is the best! They responded within minutes and solved our queries in a reasonable time.

Pros

The functionalities. We love the ability to have unlimited reviewers, comparing side by side, realtime comment/updates, web-based, very flexible, easy to use and ability to create workflows to manage our various publications.

Cons

I thought for long and I really cannot find the negative with Ziflow. I find that it lags when uploading bulk files, maybe an internet speed issue from my end.
All systems have a flaw but right now I have not experienced anything major with Ziflow's

David J.

The best way to review and track comments on images, documents, websites and videos.

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

Our business produces marketing assets, images, and computer-generated imagery for the architecture and real estate development industry. We review and comment on work every day using Ziflow. Ziflow provides a significant benefit to our team, clients and other project consultants. It is the best solution we have found to track comments on the work we have produced and keep things organized, clear and concise in one place. I've also found other unexpected ways Ziflow provides value. Initially, I thought it would only be valuable for reviewing images and assets we create, but it's often used for clarifying documents and assets we receive from external consultants the are important to get clear on so work can be completed efficiently. I reccomend Ziflow to anyone who asks.

Pros

- Tracks comments very well. Keeps everything organized and in one place.
- Integrates with our brand very well. Looks very professional to customers
- Makes it easy to configure stages of comments so different groups can review after other groups have.

Cons

- Not really any so far. Any question or concern I had is promptly addressed by their support team.

Sandra J.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Get everyone on the same page (or Proof)

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Very good. I have seen improvements since I started using it and it has become a vital part of my job. I don't have to track down coworkers to resolve incongruent feedback. With Ziflow they can resolve it on the same document.

Pros

It is very versatile.

If you are an approver you can use multiple tools such as text selection or drawing to get your feedback across clearly.

If you spend a little time customizing your settings there are some great things built in to help you save time and keep organized. If you have a group of people who often are needed for approvals or different groups that approve specific things, then you can set up approval groups and rather than add each individually you can add the whole group at once. If you need to track previous approvals you can set up folders to sort them in so later you can easily find whatever you need.

Cons

It could be more intuitive. I often need to remind someone on a proof, and it can be a bit of trial and error finding the right menu /page that has the type of reminder you need to send.

Adam B.
  • Industry: Media Production

Feature rich review solution.

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Ziflow handles all of our file reviews from PDFs and images through to HTML5 and Videos. The initial setup was configured in a few minutes and the support team have handled any issues very quickly and competently. Clients who have used the system have all reported back positively.

Pros

Ziflow is very simple for users and clients to adopt. The UI is extremely user-friendly and the features within the system make the review process streamlined.

Proof workflows are flexible and can be handled in stages with manual or automatic triggers allowing project managers to regain the time they would have spent back and forth via email.

Cons

None. The solution fits our business requirements.

Nicholas M.
  • Industry: Design

Great product that helped streamline our work processes

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

Our company has really improved since implementing Ziflow. Previously our proofing was all done through email, which lead to massive email chains. Worse, new email chains would be started and by the end of a project, there were multiple threads to manage. It became a hassle trying to keep everything in one place, but Ziflow has really improved that. Multiple teams in our company are able to stay informed and up to date on job statuses, as well as keeping all client provided info in one place. Closing out jobs has been a lot easier knowing all the info we need is in one spot if we need to revisit a proof later.

Pros

The ability to keep all information pertaining to a job in one place is great. We have multiple departments involved in all our projects, and Ziflow helps keep everyone on the same page and up to date on job status.

Cons

Notifications could be improved. I set mine to receive all comments and notifications, but i wish there was a better middle ground option for our clients. Unless I '@' someone in the proof comments, they won't be notified of a comment. Would be nice if there were more settings to customizing the way notifications are handled and sent out.

Meghan P.
  • Industry: Printing
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed on 2021/04/09

Pros

Ziflow is great! It provides all the proofing tools we needed without having to lug around all the extra baggage that are mandatory in other platforms. It perfectly replaces another proofing system we loved for a fraction of the cost! Very user friendly with a beautiful interface! We're so excited that we found Ziflow. It's the perfect addition to any size company allowing you to easily customize what you want to get out of it. No over the top training to get started. You wont regret your decision to go with this intuitive platform!

Cons

One feature that I wish it did include is an option where I'd have the ability to bulk download the proofs that I have to review. Don't get me wrong, it does offer an additional feature that allows you to stay within the folder you are reviewing to view proof to proof. You will not need to navigate out of the folder you're in and reload any proofing pages. This is fantastic because reloading each individual proof page is the reason for me needing the bulk download in the first place. It's just a different workflow process I'm getting used to as a creature of habit. Not really a problem.

Lauren D.

Track changes on proofs easily!

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Pros

We have been using Ziflow for a couple years to send proofs, reminders, and track changes on mockup designs. The text feedback and mark up feature has saved us so much time since we can easily see which areas are being referenced for edits. With design projects, it can be hard to identify exactly which section needs to be revised but Ziflow makes it easy to get both parties on the same page. Plus, they're easy to use! We can also see if deliverables have been opened so we know whether clients have had time to review them.

It's also common to produce more than one version of a mockup and the feature to compare past versions has been particularly helpful for our team. It gives clients the chance to review V1 and V2 to see which version actually looks best. It also makes it easy for us to stay on top of the number of revisions that we've completed on a particular deliverable. This feature also ensures that clients are on the same page about which version is currently in revision and this reduces confusion significantly.

Cons

When reviewing a proof, there are many icons along the sidebar and the bottom of the screen. External users that are not tech savvy may find it difficult to use. There are some clients that could not figure out the markup feature and ended up leaving comments without marking up areas on the proof.

Jenn david C.
  • Industry: Design

Wish we had used this sooner

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

The customer service is nothing short of phenomenal. From the free demos prior to purchase (We did several) to the training program after purchase, to the random questions we frequently email them about, they are thorough, clear, quick on the response (super fast in fact) and have even done impromptu quick video sessions to walk though an answer.

Pros

The features are incredible, it's a little daunting at first when you learn everything Ziflow can do but you can use only what you need first and then use more functions as you go. Though there is a learning curve, it's really easy to use once you get over the learning. I love the automated workflows. Ziflow is great for getting large teams and especially virtual teams more streamlined in our artwork review process with clients and for managing a large volume of work projects with clients.

Cons

There are some ancillary features I would like Ziflow to have. When I've asked, customer support has provided a usable workaround if available and they always add it to their future feature request list. I respect that Ziflow knows their purpose and doesn't try to be all things. They do what they do extremely well.

Josh D.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

Pros

Ziflow has been a game changer for our creative process. The ease of use and ability to add anyone to a proof has been a great feature for our organization. The ease of use makes it possible for us to train staff and give them the ability to comment on their projects more efficiently.

Cons

With the amount of proofs we have it gets visually disorganized.

Stephanie C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Solved our remote working challenges - game changer!

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

Everything mentioned above, making working remotely much easier, cuts down on artwork routing time.

Pros

Every feature I would have wanted is already included, very easy to keep track of artwork which is essential right now as our team is all working remotely! It is very easy to use and was very easy for other team members to pick up on, now we all love it and are considering using it even when we get back to the office! Cuts down on approvals by days!

Cons

Every feature I can think of or would want is already included! The only downside is that some features are only available on higher tier plans, such as mentioning a specific person in a comment, or making a comment as "to do" or "done".

Rory w H.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Simple to use, but powerful

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

The integration of an After Effects plug-in has smoothed the workflow for video production tremendously. Being able to upload and send proofs directly from the software is a huge time saver!

Pros

It's ease-of-use on the client side when not all clients are very tech-savvy. The commenting system and approval process makes it easier on the clients which in turn makes it easier on us.

Cons

The only feature I would really love that isn't already here is the ability to have a discreet file download link to the final artwork. Clients can download the original proof file, but if you need to provide print-ready art with crop marks etc, then you will need to utilize a separate service to send them the final file.

Mark V.

Ziflow Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Overall, I am very happy I found Ziflow! I did a lot of research on digital routing systems and came from my previous employer using ProofHQ. When they migrated with Workfront it offered a lot more than what I needed.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use and ability to customize the interface/functionality to what fits us best. My contact at Ziflow (representative) was extremely helpful during set up and also continues to follow up with me monthly to see how things are going.

Cons

Occasionally I receive an error page when I refresh and then I have to close my tab and open a new one. My team has also mentioned a similar issue but could be from our own connection.

Ariadna C.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Great solution to improve the post-production process

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

The biggest benefits I've encounter are the way that it puts different departments literally in the same page, connecting them and reducing the misunderstandings across the whole workflow, maintaining a very visual and organised overview (so appreciated when working on several assets and projects at once) and improving the whole process.

Pros

There are so many great things about this software, one I like the most is that improves the organization and productivity when working with shared projects, with its different versions, stages and people roles. Lots of different settings to meet specific needs.

Cons

So far so good, knowing that any suggestion and help needed will be given.

Claire N.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A very intuitive, clever approval tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

The Zibots are really cool. We integrated that with some other automation; on creation of an automated piece of artwork landing in a folder, the Zibot automatically generated the proof and notified the approvers. This was really helpful for large volume, light-touch approvals.

Pros

Ziflow is extremely intuitive. I'm not particularly techie but found it really easy to get started with and use, as have the rest of the team.

We already have other proofing tools integrated in our internal systems but sometimes they can be overly complicated for some workflows. Ziflow was perfect for what I needed it for. All my clients have found it easy to use as well and haven't needed any training at all, which is a bonus!

I like the templates and use that feature all the time so I can be sure I'm selecting the right options. And there are so many options when sending a proof; how many stages, what triggers each stage, what each reviewer can actually do.... personally, I rarely need to use all this but it's good all the same.

Cons

I get in a bit of a muddle with the proofs filters sometimes but that's just me I think! And the only other issue I found is it doesn't work with all browsers. But now that I know that, I can advise users upfront. Otherwise, it's all good.

Luis B.
  • Industry: Design

Very good proof management solution

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

I like it a lot, having an easy way to track versions and comments not only saves me a lot of time, but also reduces frustration and miscommunications with my clients. I

Pros

Saves a lot of time, it is easy to add stakeholders and keeping milestones/approvals in place. I normally use large pdfs and once it is loaded, there is almost no lag. Also, it has helped me a lot when I need to keep track of comments and particular details, the client only needs to point at things, instead of adding long descriptions. It took a bit of training for some clients, but now everyone is using it to submit changes and approvals.

Cons

Overall it is a great product, if there was a way to generate proofs faster, it would be nice.

Brandon P.

A staple in our MarTech stack

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

As an agency, we produce a lot of content and our clients need to review, edit and approve every asset we produce. With all of our team members, contractors and clients, there can be a lot of moving parts and trying to keep track of everything with email and multiple apps is a major challenge. Since we moved to Ziflow, we've been able to consolidate everything into one centralized location for feedback, edits, approvals and general decision making.

Pros

Ziflow reduced our reliance on email and various other apps and documents to receive edits and approvals from our clients (and on internal assets as well). Before we started using Ziflow, we were expending too many resources and lacked a consistent process.

Cons

Honestly, not much. Going from an email-based review/approval process to Ziflow has been magical.

Colleen C.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Proofing made easy

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

This has been a great tool for keeping our projects on track, as well as tracking accountability.

Pros

This was exactly the tool we were looking for! It makes the proofing process with multiple reviewers so less cumbersome. We previously circulated a document and everyone would submit their edits/corrections separately - and sometimes they conflicted. Rather than having to sort through and combine everyone's comments from separate documents, Ziflow helps us capture them all in one place, saving time and confusion. It also allows reviewers to see and weigh in on others' comments, which helps cut through some of the back-and-forth on conflicting edits. For example, if one reviewer says "change this to X", a subsequent reviewer has the opportunity to see that comment and counter directly below it with "generally that would be true, but in this particular situation regulatory guidelines specify that it needs to be Y." This has saved us TONS of time in back-and-forth emails trying to sort out discrepancies.

Cons

So far we haven't had any difficulties with it. Even new users have picked up very quickly on how to navigate through and use the editing tools. It's fairly intuitive.

Marina C.

Great Tool for larger teams

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

There are lots of benefit to the tool. I like that there is an hourly digest so that I don't miss any updates but also don't get too many notifications.

Pros

I like how it solves the issue of knowing where a project is at when it comes to getting approval from higher ups.

Cons

I don't like that once a project is deleted, it cannot be retrieved unless support is contacted.

Jamie J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Perfect Solution

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

Pros

This software was very helpful for designing and proofing our yearly catalog. Before 2020, we had always done the proofing process through printed paper copies. This year we had to go digital since our team was working from home. Ziflow was so helpful that we plan to use it every year, even once we are back in the office! Upload speeds were decent, and the features were intuitive. Many of the pain points of proofing paper copies were eliminated.

Cons

The main thing that could be improved is the reviewer's experience. It would be nice if they could either log in to see what proofs they need to review, or receive more customized notification emails. There were a few instances where the initial email containing the link to the proof got lost, so they were unaware that it was ready. The information in the daily digest emails hasn't seemed to be very useful to the reviewers, so maybe those could be replaced with the full list of proofs that the reviewer is on, and which are complete/incomplete.

It might also be helpful to have a subscription option for less than 5 users. Our team really only needs one user since there is one catalog designer, and reviewers don't need accounts.

Mark R.
  • Industry: Publishing

Great for reviewing publishing and marketing artwork

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Excellent, has saved so much time over the last 2 years. Now in the days so many of us are working from home its's invaluable.

Pros

Easy and quick to use with lots of markup functions

Cons

Slightly tricky for new reviewers to get to grips with unless they are given a very quick lesson

Darrell D.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Ziflow works great!

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

We have a lot of marketing materials and I need a better system of keeping them proofed and up-to-date. We have teams of sales reps across the nation who need to review the materials and provide feedback. I had tried doing this manually through email and tried implementing some features in Acrobat Pro, but both were clunky and hard to manage. Ziflow makes it easy for me to set up a proof, allow multiple users to comment on it, and then I can collect the comments and make changes to my documents.

Pros

I use Ziflow as a proofing tool for marketing materials. Ziflow is easy to use. I used their "stages" function to set up different proofing teams. One of my stages is purchasing for example, where I have specific tasks I ask the purchasing dept to review on. Everyone from each dept/stage can see the comments and give feedback. You can set up notifications and reminders which is very helpful.

Cons

I'm not using Ziflow exactly how it was designed, so the flow/process I need is a little unique. I've quickly received help from customer support and even had our rep call to set up a time to see if there is a way to better utilize their program for my needs. The approval and archiving system don't work exactly as I would want, but I make the best of it.

Joanne C.

Easy and Professional

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Ziflow has made the workflow process a very easy process for all stakeholders in a project.

Pros

The most important feature of a proofing software is the easy of use and ability to communicate between the design team and the client. This software is very intuitive and easy to use. There is little to no learning curve for client participation with an excellent tutorial to walk a first time user through the process.

Cons

I would love if there was an ability to have different “private” group conversations on the same proof. This would eliminate having to upload multiple proofs of the same document for internal discussion and client presentation.

Luke C.

My Customers Love ZIFLOW the best

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Ziflow allows me to send a digital proof to my clients without having to track down emails. I am simply able to review their changes and mark them as complete. They know I saw them, and I know I completed the changes. Easy!

Pros

My customers love the user experience. Especially the ability to view the proof and make comments on tablets and even if necessary a mobile device.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. I do wish they would allow a monthly payment option.

Gregory L.

Ziflow is essential for Remote Work

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Pros

The software integrates very well with my advertising team and vendors for reviewing proofs, mechanicals, decks and getting them quickly reviewed and updates initiated. The annotation tools and easy ability to tag team members to make updates is essential, so is the ease of use and upload speeds

Cons

I don't have nay cons for this software from an organizational standpoint