ZoomInfo Sales Reviews

Ajit
Ajit

Topmost Customer Database Software in USA

Reviewed on 2022/02/04

I am using ZoomInfo for last 5 years from previous company and also using in my present company. It has great experience to use Intent, Scoops section, Enhance section. All these features are very useful. Very much satisfied and I will definitely suggest zoomInfo to others, my friends, colleagues.

Pros

I like the scoops and Intent section very much. Scoops and Intent Signals helps us to find out most relevant and needy business via good leads and companies. It is very easy to use scoops and Intent section to prepare the companies list or contacts list. It helps a lot to our company

Cons

The companies and contacts database of Middle East (MENA) and APAC region is very less as compared to other regions. Most of the contacts does not have direct or mobile numbers so we are facing difficulties to connect with prospect or targeted customers of those region. All other is set.

Scott

ZoomInfo is a great tool, depending on your needs and budget

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It was great before DiscoverOrg bought them and is surely improving by the day with DiscoverOrg.

Pros

Contains probably 80%+ records that have email address and/or direct dials. It is way more accurate than the data offered by other providers. Their accuracy is in line for what it should be, especially in today`s economy with unemployment being so low, and employee churn being so high. Despite these factors, I`d say their overall data accuracy is easily north of 70 - 75%, even with the above-mentioned data decay (which exists no matter what vendor you consider).

One other tool that helps to narrow down the list of contacts in a larger organization, is to search with filter to find only recently verified contacts.

Cons

It`s a little pricey, but there`s a lot of value too. The only other criticism is that unless you pay for a large number of "points" (contact that you can download in bulk) you are relegated to copy and paste at the individual level. It`s a bit cumbersome (by design), but I have used it as-is for years, without the additional credits.

Jill
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

ZoomInfo is a great tool, but ...

Reviewed on 2022/06/24

Overall it has worked well. I did consider integrating with our CRM to add complete contact details when we had information missing, but it made me nervous with privacy laws so I did not do that. Overall the software works well and does what it should, I just wish there was a little more flexibility with segmentation so all companies could be found in a specific market.

Pros

I really like that I can look up complete contact details for individuals we've talked with but may not have complete info.

Cons

The only thing I've found that I don't like is that when I compare information from ZoomInfo with other platforms like Dunn & Bradstreet, D&B is able to find more companies and contacts than ZoomInfo. However, to be fair, it works the other way around too where ZoomInfo finds some that D&B does not. I wish the segmentation could be more broad, then drill down from there.

Snov.io and LinkedIn Sales Navigator

Reasons for Switching to ZoomInfo Sales

We also considered IIR and Dunn & Bradstreet. We went with D&B and ZoomInfo as they had the most accurate company and contact details.
Abhisek
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A must have prospecting tool if you want to target qualified leads with better accuracy

Reviewed on 2022/02/04

Business problems we are solving: Getting more qualified leads (outbound) with signals synced to our SF for our marketing to prospect in an automated way
Benefits realized: Higher productivity; Better contact rate
Overall experience: Excellent

Pros

Most impactful feature of ZoomInfo I would say is its contact and company database which is not only filled with millions of records but also very very accurate. And to top that, they have scoops, and org chart which clearly tells us signals of any new activities going on in our target companies. And all of this delivered to our inbox every day or as new feeds so we dont need to specifically search for the,
Product was very easy to set up, implement, self-train and use consistently.

Cons

There are few features within ZoomInfo-SF integration wherein some of the field values in ZoomInfo are not customisable and thus we have to do a small bit of workaround to get that integrated with SF. Moreover, I would love if the contacts export limitation is increased (without extra charge) or made free to sue just like their legacy platform.

Salesintel and Cognism

Better brand value; Better accuracy; Higher no. of quality leads
Ed

Real-Time Streaming Buyer Intent Signals

Reviewed on 2022/05/24

Amazing company

Amazing company

Pros

Receive real-time streaming buyer intent signals to be the first company to contact the lead and win their business

Cons

Platform is a sizable investment for the real-time streaming buyer intent signals

Leadspace and 6sense

Reasons for Choosing ZoomInfo Sales

No Intent Data

Apollo

Reasons for Switching to ZoomInfo Sales

Integrations and real-time streaming buyer intent signals
Michelle

New Version is Aweful

Reviewed on 2024/04/05

It used to be fantastic now not so much. Will not recommend renewing

It used to be fantastic now not so much. Will not recommend renewing

Pros

Ability to create contact lists for lead development

Cons

Information is inaccurate. Lists are difficult to scrub. New version makes drilling into company contacts much more difficult. Get more value out of a simple google search.

Martin

A bitter pill to swallow in price, but the medicine does the job!

Reviewed on 2023/10/20

great - demos are valuable, product is great - pricing is painful, but ROI is fast!

Pros

It just works!from intent, through to insight, through to finding contact details and automation, the process works smoothly and accurately.it's always in my first few software choices when building a stack

Cons

pricing is a hassle - just show me the real price instead of teasing with something that's going to drop by 40% anyway.more credits are always useful, and different payment terms for startups would be appreciated when trying to bootstrap

Jack
Jack

Solid for US contacts

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

Overall the job has allowed me to be successful when it comes to prospecting individuals in USA, Canada, and Australia. If you are doing business overseas I would recommend looking for a different solutions.

Pros

For the most part, ZoomInfo has access to most of the contacts in USA, Canada, and Australia. They do a pretty good job of getting contacts updated that might have joined a company 3-4 months ago. The ease of use is extremely beneficial as well.

Cons

The software does not have any access to contacts in the UK. This is most likely due to compliance of sorts but makes it really hard to work overseas accounts.

Randy

nuVizz, Inc review

Reviewed on 2024/01/05

Pros

Use it every day! Invaluable information for sales prospecting

Cons

Missing important data such as org chart data. Similar companies info

Sheena
Sheena

Good tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Zoom info has been a goood resource for me to verify contact info.

Zoom info has been a goood resource for me to verify contact info.

Pros

Great resource for contact verification.

Cons

Sometimes they don’t have the email address and when it says it’s direct line it’s not

Cory
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Biggest disappointment of the year

Reviewed on 2022/03/23

This has to be the biggest disappointment, and I would never recommend this tool, it's extremely pricey, and when we reached out to our Account Manager for help, he kept saying “well, I remind you, you're on a contract”. We don't feel like we're being listened at. We are still waiting for options to fix this issue, or to cancel this tool that has been of zero use to us. Furthermore, we've gotten training where they keep repeating the same and the same, taking little value from it.

Pros

Integration with Hubspot seemed to work fine

Cons

Where do I start? Since the beginning we express our concerns to the AE assigned to us, that ZoomInfo could be “too big for us”, since we target mainly small to medium companies; after we were reassured that the Data was updated and taken from several channels, we decided to go ahead with the solution. Three months in (almost four), and we haven't gotten one single good lead. Some of the issues are, but not limited to 1) a lot of the information for small business was not up-to-date, 2) "Small businesses" that always end up being part of a bigger company, 3) Mixed information from companies from the Intent because the signal and the suggested contacts are pulled from different companies with the same name, 4) it can take up to an hour to clean ONE contact, since the information is mixed, and as stated before, many times the data is not updated, many people who "doesn't work there anymore", 5) When using the Intent feature and calling the lead, they rarely know what we're talking about, or they got a solution “weeks ago”, 6) Intent topics are locked, and you can change them only a few times during the year, so you want to be extra mindful with those, but of course, these topics are NOT open to you. They give you a long excel list with a thousand of topics for you to “select”. This is so complicated and takes so much time, when it would be easier to do it with on a sharing screen meeting, so 7) will be lack of support.

Kaylah

Great Contact Data Platform with Additional Benefits for Customer Engagement

Reviewed on 2021/09/09

Overall, my team really likes Zoominfo. It's simple, easy to use, and gives us the type of information that we need for our sales team to be successful. It's a great additional to pair with our other tools, and it extra helpful when it comes to finding contacts on LinkedIn.

Pros

My team really likes Zoominfo! It allows us to easily pull contact data for our sales team. The variety of filter options make the platform easy to use, and makes list pulling quick and simple. We love the Websights feature that allows us to see which companies have been on our site. And we really love the intent data that the platform provides! It's great to be able to cross reference the websights with the intent data to not only see who has been on our site and the pages they have viewed, but also it also allows us to focus on other products or services that the company is showing interest in when our sales team does outreach.

Cons

I wish the platform were quicker at updating contact and company records, and I wish that we would be actively updated on requests we have made in regards to these updates. I have submitted a few update requests, but they seem to die after the request is submitted because nobody reaches out to tell me the update has been complete, or when the update will be done. I have checked back in on records months later to see that they still were not updated with my request. Many of these have been HQ address updates.

Peter
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The most powerful lead generation software I know

Reviewed on 2022/06/15

Pros

ZoomInfo is one of the most important software solutions of our company. It is used by the whole sales team and our single source of truth regarding lead generation and lead quality. Since outbound sales is our most relevant revenue channel, high quality leads are mandatory for our success. The use experience is very accessible plus we are doing internal trainings with ZoomInfo. I especially like the salesforce integration, which takes a lot of manual workflows away from me. The quality of leads we generate over ZoomInfo is impressive.

Cons

Sometimes it can be necessary to check the researched Email addresses double e.g. with Domain Ninja in order to make sure we save the right contact email. But despite that, I am super happy with ZoomInfo.

Most Accurate Prospecting Tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

ZoomInfo has eliminated most of our other tools, it is where I go to verify existing information I may have on accounts and it has streamlined my prospecting process.

Pros

I have used many tools similar to ZoomInfo, but none are as accurate and detailed as ZoomInfo. I'm in a sales role, and spend many hours prospecting into companies to find accounts, titles, use cases, etc. that our product can help solve their use cases. ZoomInfo lets me filter very specific parameters for my searches and has lead to the most accurate information, which gives me great lead conversion.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with ZoomInfo, if you don't have the budget for buying more of their 'tokens' then it can be hard to pull mass amounts of contacts for events or general prospecting. But, it is worth every penny for our sales team.

Francesco
Francesco

Prospecting Freedom

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

Pros

ZoomInfo allows endless, accurate, quality prospecting for the sales process. It is frequently updated, kept sharp, and easy to use. I like the additional browser extension which allows you to search for contacts real time on whatever internet page you are on.

Cons

Sometimes it slows down my computer. Sometimes contacts and company pages are outdated and inaccurate. Luckily, you can submit a ticket for internal review to check on the status of a contact and see up to date information.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

It's ok but definitely not a 'silver bullet'

Reviewed on 2022/05/30

Pros

Zoominfo is really easy to use as a prospecting tool that connects well with Salesforce CRM on your day to day prospecting activities.
in other words as a simple tool to do all of the sales team's pre-work prior to a call, it definitely does what it says on the tin plus it has great filters.

Cons

the contact data is decent in the US but for foreign companies (EMEA or APAC) it's actually not that great.
in addition, that price is a bit too high for what the product does.

Lusha

Adapt
Charles
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Worst investment and poor service

Reviewed on 2022/11/18

Very poor.We find this tool is useless and wanna to end the contract. But we overdue 2 days of the auto-renew date. So it end up paying this tool without use for another full year price, we negotiate for a long time, but no luck. They are just not care about whether your success.

Pros

Enrich part of our CRM data in hubspot, charge by credit also have flexibility

Cons

- Really small percentage of the data could be enriched, so it end up a useless tool.

Clearbit

Being Stupid.
Rick

Zoominfo is the best product for list acquisition

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

If you are trying to choose between the top options in list acquisition services don't hesitate to choose this one as the universe is far larger and more up to date than anything else out there.

Pros

Zoominfo is simple to use and has the most up-to-date contact info of any similar service I've used. It's rare I ever find a company not listed so I can always at least find a main number for the company and typically any company is well built out with all or most senior executives and usually most Director level and Manager levels as well.

Cons

I feel like they could do better with the way they link to linkedin profiles as very often there seems to be a total mis-match but this is really a minor issue given all the value-add this service provides.

Dylan
Dylan
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used for 1+ year

Okay but overpriced product. Scummy company

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

It was great as long as we were using their product. But as soon as there was any kind of issue where we wanted to change our contract they threatened legal action super soon. First time I've ever worked with a company that relied more on legal threat to retain customers than providing value. It's been a really negative, hugely distracting experience that is still on-going.

Pros

Their data is pretty good. Not better than some of the other competitors on the market but it did the job.

Cons

- Unexpected evergreen clauses in contract that I was not able to cancel my contract despite reaching out A MONTH before the contract renewal
- Non-responsive sales reps / AR team when dealing with a contract issue trying to reduce the size of my contract before the renewal
- Now being collected for an amount larger than my original contract claiming I didn't reach out to the specific email that was in my contract

Response from ZoomInfo

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for your review and feedback of ZoomInfo. We take this very seriously and sincerely apologize for the negative experience you have had with us. I have gone ahead and spoken to your Customer Success team and they would like to speak with your further to come to a solution. Once again, thank you for voicing your feedback and we hope we get the chance to provide you with a better experience moving forward.

Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Advocacy Team

Erik
Erik

Zoom through prospecting with ZoomInfo

Reviewed on 2021/08/10

Overall the experience with ZoomInfo has been great. We transitioned from legacy DiscoverOrg, which, was very outdated and limited us to only a specified amount of accounts and their information. ZoomInfo has opened us up to a whole new world when it comes to prospecting.

Pros

The ZoomInfo platform is super user friendly. The UX is very intuitive and easy to learn. We primarily use ZoomInfo for exporting lead contact information into our Salesforce CRM. We also enable alerts on target accounts to give us up-to-date information on the account that we use in outreach—keeping us relevant in our personalized communications to leads.

Cons

Not a major pain point, but the integration with Salesforce does not use "fuzzy" logic. For example, if I am exporting a lead to an account that already exists in our Salesforce, but the account name in ZoomInfo differs slightly from what is in our Salesforce CRM, the accounts will not match. For example, an account might be named "Acme Inc." in ZoomInfo but we may have the account named "Acme" in our Salesforce. This will not pick up as a match, and then we will have to search for the Account, otherwise a new account will be created, creating a duplicate record.

Mike

Great addition to our tech stack

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

Pros

After using ZoomInfo for 2+ years, it has greatly improved my workflow processes for prospecting new sales leads and finding detailed contact information. Prospect and company contact information is updated frequently which has saved me a lot of time while prospecting. We have ZoomInfo integrated into our CRM allowing a streamlined workflow. Another positive about ZoomInfo is the ability to view similar competitors of the companies I'm researching so that I can fill my pipeline more quickly.

Cons

Since using ZoomInfo, I have had zero complaints. Highly recommend!

Christian
Christian

ZoomInfo Has Been Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

ZoomInfo has provided us with the information needed to get in contact with the necessary folks to generate revenue. I would highly recommend ZoomInfo to any company.

Pros

The ease of using ZoomInfo has been a game changer. It is very efficient to use especially once you download the plug-in on Google Chrome. It takes little to no time to find the information I am looking for.

Cons

The biggest con is the amount of times that numbers either aren't on there or are wrong numbers. I have dialed and got siblings, spouses, and other family members along with completely wrong people. It makes for an awkward phone call.

Charlie
Charlie

Great Prospecting Tool

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

I uses this solution to qualify potential customers based on their company information, and then export them to my CRM where I can manage the lead throughout the sales cycle. It provides accurate and up to date contact info making sales that much easier!

Pros

I love how easy Zoominfo is to use, and how accurate the information provided is. As a salesperson who spends most of his days hunting, this tool makes my life so much easier!

Cons

I don't like how there is a limit to how many leads you can export to your CRM (1000 to Salesforce for the year), but with some smart tactics you can stretch that number.

Kevin
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Used to be great.

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

I see no reason, if things stay the same, to not look elsewhere on my subscription is up.

Pros

Fairly simple to use.
Export feature.
Decent size database.
Quick support.
Simple layout.
Good search selection.

Cons

In my dealings with this company they seem shady. High pressure sales, increasing price after we agreed, generally rude tones.
Then they just change features without notice. I’ve had a feature for the year and a half that I used it and all of a sudden it disappears and when I ask why it’s gone I’m told that I need to contact account support and upgrade my package. I’ve had the feature since I started using the zoom info.

There is some dead data and they give you no way to notify them that it’s bad information and they keep selling their data to other customers.

Response from ZoomInfo

Hi Kevin,
I am sorry to hear about your negative experience of features being taken away from you. This is not acceptable. If you could please reach out to me at [email protected] I would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Marketing Team

ZoomInfo BDR user

Reviewed on 2023/07/28

Happy user. Supporter. Like the export capabilities.

Happy user. Supporter. Like the export capabilities.

Pros

There is so much information On lots of peopleGenerates contact info/intent/history/company infoIntent works - I have contacted people and said I saw them search XYZ and they confirmedGood export capabilities

Cons

Some outdated infoMore information than competitors, but less accurate Quantity over quality sometimes (in relation to contact info)Sometimes extension just doesn’t work