Showing 123 reviews of 109

Lead generation and buyer intent data for B2B organizations

Showing 123 reviews of 109
Julian L.
  • Industry: Events Services

Easily the worst company I've ever done business with

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

TL;DR — This company does not care one iota about customer service. They do not care about you or your business. They don't care about maintaining a good relationship in the pit of a pandemic. And even when times are fine, they don't care about giving you what they said they'd give you.

Here’s the experience
* I spent three months telling the sales rep exactly what I needed.
* Each time I explained it, she said something like, “Our plans just changed since last we spoke, but yes our current offer can meet your needs.” Confusing as all get-out every time she explained it.
* Finally decided to try it, because since they’ve bought out their competitors they’re the only one we could use.
* After two days we realized something was very wrong.
* They basically said, “Oh you need another plan for that.” Note: we did exactly what we said we’d do.
* Kicked it up to sales person’s manager: After 5 mins of listening, “Shoot, we’ve got you on the wrong plan.” Did they change our plan and admit their mistake? Nope... 363 days with the wrong plan and nothing we could do about it but give them more money and hope it would be different.
* We improvised with what we had as best we could, lost a lot of time, didn’t yield what we needed.
* Nine months later I get a surprising call from their collections agency telling me I have to pay a bill. These guys never called me, never sent an “in this together” email. In April, the pit of the pandemic, they just shot me over to collections. Wow.

Pros

The data quality is good and has improved over the past few years. This has been accomplished through numerous acquisitions of competitors, and either they were always a terrible company or the disarray from M&A has cast them into such chaos that all they can do is sell whatever they can get people to agree to buying, and operate a platform.

Whatever benefit they provide is so overwhelmingly overshadowed by their apathy and lethargy as a firm that I'm repeatedly reminded of interactions with corrupt functionary bureaucrats in failed states every time I deal with them. This may sound like hyperbole, but I assure you that it is not. I specialize in emerging markets and the only time I've ever seen behavior like I have at this company is in the most forgotten and ungoverned parts of the world — the places where if you don't like what they're serving, or if they didn't do what they promised, you can just go shove it or pay them more and hope that you finally get what you need... eventually.

Cons

We were sold the wrong benefits despite roughly three months of discussing our needs with the sales rep, and the company did absolutely nothing to amend this despite the sales manager's first impression on reviewing the problem being, "Oh shoot, we've got you on the completely wrong plan." So I'm not sure because it only sometimes met our needs and the company never revised our plan and blithely ignored our requests for them to do so.

Response from ZoomInfo

Hi Julian,

I am very sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with us. This is absolutely in no way how we conduct ourselves with our customers. As always, we appreciate your feedback and are continuously looking to improve. If you could please email me at [email protected] I would love to chat more with you in hopes I can help resolve any issues you are currently having and figure out a way with you to avoid any miscommunication in the future.

Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Marketing

Scott S.

ZoomInfo is a great tool, depending on your needs and budget

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It was great before DiscoverOrg bought them and is surely improving by the day with DiscoverOrg.

Pros

Contains probably 80%+ records that have email address and/or direct dials. It is way more accurate than the data offered by other providers. Their accuracy is in line for what it should be, especially in today`s economy with unemployment being so low, and employee churn being so high. Despite these factors, I`d say their overall data accuracy is easily north of 70 - 75%, even with the above-mentioned data decay (which exists no matter what vendor you consider).

One other tool that helps to narrow down the list of contacts in a larger organization, is to search with filter to find only recently verified contacts.

Cons

It`s a little pricey, but there`s a lot of value too. The only other criticism is that unless you pay for a large number of "points" (contact that you can download in bulk) you are relegated to copy and paste at the individual level. It`s a bit cumbersome (by design), but I have used it as-is for years, without the additional credits.

Zoominfo Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

My overall experience has been pretty good and it helps me to get my job done.

Pros

Zoominfo is great for getting data in my day to day prospecting. For the most part it is accurate in giving contact and other company data that is necessary for my job.

Cons

The part that I like least is that I can't rely on Zoominfo for my data. It does a decent job, but it isn't always accurate.

Joram K.
  • Industry: Information Services

the best user intuitive and user friendly lead generation software

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

if you need a software that can give you access to raw data for lead generation,look no further

Pros

Zoom-info allows one to get information on leads including full names,job title, and there current direct phone numbers, mobile phone number, job titles and both work and personal email addresses, they have also greatly improved on the user experience with additional of LinkedIn links that allows for verification, also one gets access to the company revenue information and number of employees and the head quarters physical address,

Cons

so far so good, it is more user friendly and has a new arrangement for data information display

Yama D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Expensive but worth the cost

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

It is really easy to use. It give your a database of contacts you will not be able to find as easily. Eliminates manual searching, manual entry, and searching for contacts seamless. Seriously if you need to grow then you need to invest in a tool like Zoominfo to grow your database of prospects. I have had a lot of success from zoominfo. Highly recommend.

Pros

The update information and the collaboration of Discover.Org has provided a lot more contacts to their resources. This make finding and exporting new contacts to your CRM a breeze.

Cons

It is expensive. That being said if you close 1 deal in a year from finding a new contact from Zoominfo it pays for itself. It is an investment.

Laura C.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Zoom Info

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

I liked the ease of Zoom and the amount of contact emails I was able to get from it. I am slightly disappointed in the updated pricing and might look for another option.

Pros

Zoom is visually pleasing to the eyes (its not cluttered and has a simple layout), it is easy to navigate and without a long training process you can figure out how to use it. If you ever need help, the support team is friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

The updated version of Zoom is very expensive for a data base (non AI) search function. Also, the monthly credits cannot be rolled over and it can only load 200 pages worth of contact names. You can still purchase the old version (for less money then the new version) however it will not be updated with new information and at some point it will be merged into the new one.

Patrick B.

ZoomInfo - Great Contact Information!

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Very positive - good information and very helpful for sales organizations.

Pros

Easy to use contact database. Company and contact search with good filters. Data is very accurate.

Cons

Edition we licensed does not include all data on downloads (that's an extra cost). Pricing gets very expensive.

Alexis W.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Zoom Info

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Overall, this is a good tool to use in our industry. Technology wise could use some updating but very helpful nonetheless

Pros

This is a great way to connect with new contacts and learn more about an organization.
The information is up-to-date 95% of the time

Cons

This is not the easiest to find contacts
Typically- when you go to search is cannot filter well by geographical location and keywords get messed up if too many are added

Lane F.

A Must for Outbound

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

it has been great, helped me hit my number, and paid for itself!

Pros

We prospect into enterprise accounts, and Zoominfo is a must at supplying contact info. I am pleasantly surprised at the amount of mobile #'s on there!

Cons

As most softwares do it occasionally has bugs or issues but they are quickly fixed by the great support team.

Great source of data for a growing company

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Great! It's really help us to grow and fuel our SDR team.

Pros

GREAT as direct dials. They have awesome phone number reliability due to the way they scrape email footers.

Cons

It's all based on credits, so when you run out of credits you have to buy more. Most other data providers I've used are on an all you can eat model.

Kevin S.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Used to be great.

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

I see no reason, if things stay the same, to not look elsewhere on my subscription is up.

Pros

Fairly simple to use.
Export feature.
Decent size database.
Quick support.
Simple layout.
Good search selection.

Cons

In my dealings with this company they seem shady. High pressure sales, increasing price after we agreed, generally rude tones.
Then they just change features without notice. I’ve had a feature for the year and a half that I used it and all of a sudden it disappears and when I ask why it’s gone I’m told that I need to contact account support and upgrade my package. I’ve had the feature since I started using the zoom info.

There is some dead data and they give you no way to notify them that it’s bad information and they keep selling their data to other customers.

Response from ZoomInfo

Hi Kevin,
I am sorry to hear about your negative experience of features being taken away from you. This is not acceptable. If you could please reach out to me at [email protected] I would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Marketing Team

Making Prospecting Easy

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

Very easy to target certain segments in the market. Very convenient to have all of the B2B company data right in front of you when making prospecting phone calls.

Cons

Some of the purchased list data can be dirty. Be careful emailing any purchased lists.

Great for Market Research

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Overall I have good experiences with ZoomInfo, I know what to expect from it.

Pros

ZoomInfo is one of the tools I keep in my toolbox for market research. It provides some good information that I often find helpful. One of the few that has an easy to find revenue listing.

Cons

It could be faster and it could provide a bit more detail. If it did that it would be nice to be able to do most of my work on one site instead of 2 or 3.

Kamal H.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Accurate Company Information

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

The tool is very amazing and excellent, there's no doubt.

Pros

They provide accurate company information ranging from employee details, technologies used, hot leads, decision-makers, and lots more. It helps in targeting and tracking the very right audience you need.

Cons

It's not recommended for use by individuals or small businesses as their pricing is very high and they offer an only annual subscription.

Sage C.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Amazing Prospecting Tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/22

Pros

Sales prospecting can be ruthless, this software makes the process much easier and saves a ton of time searching around for info. All around amazing tool!

Cons

There were a few companies that weren’t in the system, however they were small and newer so I don’t blame the software!

Clare N.

So much info and so easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

A lot of information in the ZoomInfo database, which is fantastic. Very easy to use, very intuitive. The pricing also made a lot of sense and was very reasonable imo.

Cons

It got bought by DiscoverOrg and now the costs will go up.

Andrew S.

Use it every day, could not do Sales without it

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Could not do my day to day role without it. Makes finding contacts so easy.

Pros

Helps me find contacts and connect with prospects, push out marketing content, and find accurate contact information. Easily integrates back into Salesforce CRM.

Cons

Can be limited by Country, some companies have opted out of zoominfo contact so harder to find their information.

Andre D.

Worth the investment!

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

I would give it a 9 out of ten, from the ease of use, customer service.

Pros

The seemingly continual updating of the features on getting the information needed. The customer service is great as well.

Cons

Sometimes the information given isn't always the best, or most accurate at times. But that is only a small percent of the time.

Charles D.

Not 100% accurate but overall very useful

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Pros

The ability to search for contacts by domain is super helpful. It also breaks down contacts email, HQ phone number, and direct line in some cases. Also can add contacts to Salesforce in just a couple of clicks

Cons

I've gotten quite a few outdated contacts and some just outright wrong phone numbers.

• Industry: Market Research

Accurate info across lines

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

Pros

One of the most powerful info gatherers I have used for connecting with prospects.

Cons

I would love to see some history of contacts .

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

helps me find the right companies!

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Overall our experience has been good - I would say 90% of the time the info is spot on

Pros

Zoominfo helps us find the right companies to target when recruiting from similar companies in our searches

Cons

Sometime the info isn't all available or not on target - but most of the time it is so overall still recommend!

Aravind kulasekhar V.

Using ZoomInfo majorly for sourcing emails

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

ZoomInfo helps us in getting useful information especially when you are into lead generation. The data present there is however not very accurate.

Pros

- The database is vast. We can get information on a variety of professions.
- We can search for profession, designation, location etc. This helps in cold calling.

Cons

The details present are not super accurate. I sent emails to the IDs present in the DB and they are most often unanswered/ bounced.

Ben O.

Zoominfo Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Zoominfo has been an incredible resource. I have implemented at 3 different sales departments and will continue to require it as part of my sales tool set. I was surprised to find that in outing previous contact databases for Zoominfo, the company was paying about the same, if not more, for databases of half the size and little-to-no direct contact info.

There are some startups with a fraction of the database that may be a better price-fit for individual users, but I think you're doing it wrong, if you're using:

- Insideview or Dun&Bradstreet (not even comparable for direct contact info, for around the same price)
- Rainking (great tool for companies targeting IT Departments, has similar detail in contact info, but not as extensive of database)

Pros

The accuracy of the data. Zoominfo has more direct dials, including cell phone numbers and desk extensions, than any contact database on the market.

Zoominfo also provides emails for just about all of the contacts in it's database and does a good job of verifying/updating these contacts/emails regularly.

Cons

Zoominfo has very detailed data across all firmographics, but their employee count for small businesses (between 5-15 employees) is often inaccurate. For instance, in populating a list of companies with 10 or more employees, a lot of those 10-person companies may only have one or two... Not a big deal, in considering their accuracy for companies with over 20 employees and all the other pros.

It use to be a 'steal', but the pricing has continued to increase since Discoverorg purchased it. Still a very reasonable price for it's value, but it is becoming frustrating as the costs continue to increase significantly. They have a minimum, which amounts to ~$5,000/yr, which makes it inaccessible to individual users.