Showing 6 reviews of 3

TightVNC

Open-source remote desktop management software

5 /5 (3 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Showing 6 reviews of 3
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Support view on TightVNC

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

I am satisfied with the TightVNC and I recommend it for use on the personal network, between a couple of connected devices, because you will not be disappointed with this one.

Pros

This is really good Software, which I tend to use daily on my work and I can say that I am very satisfied from the first day, as it provides user with good, reliable, password protected remote connection and file sharing service between your ( host ) and remote ( connected device ) PC.

Cons

Sometimes keys are not recognized while full screen option is chosen and in order to resolve this ( and to come out of full screen ), I need to start up Task Manager, kill TightVNC there and uncheck full screen option on the new connection window.

Vania Y.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great Freeware remote support backdoor

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

My over all experience is great. I used it for personal use and at a mom and pop sized company. It has no place in an enterprise level network.

Pros

I like that it is free, easy to install and setup, and doesn’t require the machine to be attended to connect.

Cons

The version we used was not a network version and it would be easy to setup the password incorrectly and have no idea what it is. Also, I am concerned about the weak security features.

Francisco javier S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

A great solution for remote support in LAN

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Great solution for LAN support.
If you just have one location, a VPN o can modify setting on your router/firewall, tightVNC is your solution: easy to use and install, really fast and good quality and FREE

Pros

We have been using TightVNC several years in our central office (around 50 computers, call center, warehouse, design) to provide support to our employees and TightVNC works really well. Once installed, it's really fast to connect and gives a great image quality and responsiviness. Also it's a free software, so it really worths the time you should use to configure it

Cons

The main reason we stop using tightVNC to go to teamviewer was the opening of several outside warehouse, franchises and stores. In order to continue using tightVNC we should open different ports to any computer and as more and more people start using laptops outside our LAN, makes impossible to continue using it without a VPN.
The main lack we have found it's the lack to file transfer in an easy way (copy/paste, drag and drop).
If the remote computer has several screens it's not so comfortable because you must scroll