WeTravel

Booking and payment management software for tour operators

Joe M.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Optimistic and still hopeful

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

The ability for us to make individual payment options available to our groups is wonderful. The ability to modify and upsell our customers and adjust within WeTravel is NOT good, which limits our ability to drive more business our and your way. Our number one complaint from our customers at this point is the frustration with our payment system. They are told they are paid in full, then add something and cant make payments any longer. They to issue a refund is a nightmare. We have donors who send payments, so occasionally we will get an over payment, which then messes up all accounting features. Your system is seriously lacking in this area.

Pros

The ability for our office and the customers to access and use the information is great.

Cons

The limitations and ability to meet the needs or customers are lacking substantially within our market, and they could easily be modified to create a solid customer experience, however they are not there yet and your limitations of accessing people to respond in a timely manner are not good. When you're dealing with peoples money, you need to have quick response times. Online support and an excuse of 'We don't have telephones to talk to you' is a terrible response. Planning ahead when we are working together is fine, but when there are problems, waiting isn't good for customer relations.

Avis G.

I highly recomend

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

I was hesitate about using We Travel. My first trip I used them, he allowed me to limit my time in collecting the payment. Clients pay thru the site and I can go later and reconcile my books.

Pros

The software is good for my travel business. What I like most about the software is the ease of setting up my trips. It is very user friendly.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the limited option is the 12 month limit payment option. Being a travel agent, trips can be planned over 2 years and it limits me to set payments for only 12 months max.

Alicia W.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

AWESOME!! I THINK ONE OF THE BEST IN QUALITY

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

I chose this site because I am at the beginning stages of my travel business, and I wanted to specialize in Group Travel, this site helps me to bring certain travel groups together, and helps with marketing and advertising future travels, It is my Plan to use this site to help grow my business, and I appreciate that there is such a tool to help me do so.

Thanks WeTravel

Pros

What I loved the most about this software was how easy it was to enter your information for your upcoming travel needs. I Love the fact that your are able to create a beautiful Travel page that is catered to the prospective clients that your looking for. I also like the ease of that the software creates in order for clients to be able to book and pay for future trips, just from a click of a button; and how your are able to share this site on social media, its just AWESOME! I have to say the Staff is Fantastic!. If you have any questions or problems they are more than ready to help you with any issues that you are having. You can't go wrong with this site, i totally recommend using it!

Cons

The only thing, that I didn't see is that the site doesn't have a contact phone number, where if needed, you could directly talk to staff on the phone.

Sarah E.

The best assistant for yoga teachers EVER

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

WeTravel is changing the retreat leader experience for yoga teachers and saving us money in the process! Usually, teachers will need an assistant or web-designer to create what WeTravel does. The landing page is beautiful and full of info. The flyers are beautiful. But most importantly, the support staff is always available and friendly and ready to help!

Pros

What I love most about WeTravel is how user friendly the site is to build retreats. Everything is laid out for you and as a retreat leader all you have to do is drag and drop. There's buttons for everything and any changes you make happens very quickly. The sight design is also beautiful!

Cons

Sometimes it can be challenging to find what you are looking for, but if you ask for help, you will get it almost immediately and often what your looking for is right under your nose!

Jennifer W.

Keeping it Simple

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

I just sent my first international wire transfer. THIS is why I love WeTravel! Great customer service, a very fair exchange rate AND keeping it so simple. Thank you!

Pros

EASY to use! Saves automatically, super easy to edit

Cons

It would be great if I could have multiple listings without having to have multiple email addresses. But maybe that's not possible!

Loren L.

WeTravel has changed the way for retreat bookings!

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

Pros

The ease & functionality of WeTravel has made organizing our retreat bookings & groups so much easier than doing it ourselves! The users are easily able to make their bookings & check their reservations.

Cons

It appears WeTravel has changed some items this year and just having to relearn where things are is a bit of a hassle. I loved how it was before! But I'll learn :)

Terry C.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great product for any small-medium tour operator

Excellent.

Pros

How easy it is to use. Great team and support. They also provide excellent research.

Cons

It is missing some operational functionality.

Chi hsuan L.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Our team used WeTravel to organize MBA student trek overseas

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

Pros

1. Beautiful platform to do marketing
2. Easy-to-understand step-by-step to create trip
3. Convenient payment/collection solution to collect deposit/ track status

Cons

It would be great if they have "fundraising" features as Tilt, then it would be used more widely for other purposes of student events.

Alexis T.

Good for travel

Reviewed on 2018/06/17

Pros

Good for my travel needs for my business. Gets what I need to be done and works well for us when doing travel

Cons

Sometimes the options aren't my favorite. The customer service line is helpful and so no complaints there

Ben H.

An Occasional Travel Experience

Reviewed on 2020/10/03

Pros

My wife and I gathered a group of friends, and some brought their friends, for a trip to Europe in July 2020. Of course, the trip had to be cancelled due to the corona virus. This was a personal effort, not conncected with a business or industry.

We set up our trip with our travel agency, and then we used WeTravel to recruit our travel companions and manage the financial components. The program was easy to learn, and technical assistance was always one "chat" away. We liked the facility to add photos to each day of our itinerary, to offer several payment plans, to add disclaimers where needed. When we were prepared to do so, we sent the web page to our friends, often adding a personal message of encouragement to the pitch.

As each party came on board, they were able to register and submit deposits. WeTravel sent our welcome letter to the new travelers and began the periodic reminders to those who chose the multiple payment plans. All worked smoothly, and we received no complaints from any of our travel partners.

We enjoyed worry-free security of the travel funds held by WeTravel, and each transfer of collected funds to the travel agency was handled in a professional and timely manner. The accounting of total funds and of each individual's payments was readily available throughout the process.

Cons

We shared this suggestion with the administrators of the WeTravel site.

We would like to have a print-friendly option within the program, so that we could print a travel itinerary to hand out or send through the mail to friends.

Much beyond that oprtion -- and we would be willing to pay extra for this -- how about a trip publisher component so that we could download information and create a day by day travel description booklet for each traveler?

Like least about this software? Nothing that comes to mind.

Sofia G.

Bookings made efficient!

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pros

We love using the wetravel software for our customers who visit Guatemala. It's super easy to use and it allows us to present their trip proposals in a fun, creative and appealing way. We have also been able to integrate the booking page to our website and it works wonderful, as well as transfering payments, issuing refunds or designing payment plans is very simple and fast. As a travel company Wetravel has allowed us to make our operations more efficient and cost effective.

Cons

It would be awesome to be able to integrate it to trip apps where we can have communication with travelers and display all the booking info, maps, tips, etc...

Mark I.

HIGHLY Recommend WeTravel!

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

From the design of the software, to its ease of use, and especially the quality of customer service, we cannot recommend WeTravel strongly enough.

Pros

We love that WeTravel is designed with group travel in mind! The registration platform is easy for customers to use, has a beautiful design, and easily allows for us to customize each registration to be different.

Cons

We have yet to run into a problem with WeTravel that makes us with the software were any different.

Yvonne W.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best platform I have used

Reviewed on 2020/10/25

Finding a way to book travel is not easy especially now during Covid 19. Finding an affordable and easy to use income producer to transact ease of use for reservations and payment is important, and I found that with We Travel.

Pros

I love We Travel solutions, support and ease of use. Payment made internationally can be difficult but using We Travel it was a breeze. We Travel payment platform and funtionalitiy is a plus. I highly recommend "We Travel" to anyone. I highly recommend We Travel to any travel agency looking for an efficient and trustworthy company who treats their clients like VIP'S.

Cons

It appears that the white lable and customized features needs to be improved; however, for normal travel bookings, it's very good.

Daniel R.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Fantastic Payment platform for travel agency

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Thanks to WeTravel, we finally manage to offer our customers a safe and easy to use platform to make the online payments for their trips

Pros

The range or options and features it has and its user interface. It makes the entire payment process smooth and easy for our customers

Cons

At he beginning their reporting was a bit confusing but since the latest update that has improve tremendously.

Marisa T.

LOVE

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

LOVE everything about WeTravel. It's the best thing to happen to our very small business. Everyone is super nice and get back to me right away if I have any questions.

Pros

WeTravel saves me countless hours of manually figuring out booking info for each of our retreat guests. I used to make various spreadsheets and had to keep up with who was paying what and when and this software even sets automatic payment reminders (it's also nice that it's automatic and not coming from us as it can be uncomfortable asking for payments. We don't have an admin and we don't want anyone to feel awkward.)

Cons

The only thing I would love is an email or a breakout of our payouts since they are lumped together and it would be nice to see fee breakout and which guest paid what. Maybe there is a report? An email with confirmation or even a checkbox to select which payments from which guests you want transferred. Sometimes we take payments for different retreats at the same time so it would be nice.

Angela W.

Okay but not great!!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

I love it, it currently meets my needs. Don’t like the fees, so that is the main reason I’ll be switching.

Pros

I love the ease of the software, very user friendly!

Cons

Payment plans options, can’t modify clients information, no personal /phone customer service only option is via chat

Dylan C.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great for organization

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Pros

WeTravel has been an awesome solution for keeping our guests' information organized, collecting payment, and also has a visually pleasing itinerary builder which is awesome.

Cons

Some of the features are limited or require not so convenient workarounds. For example, if a customer is on a payment plan, but they want to make a payment other than the payment plan amount they have to call and pay over the phone.

Rebecca S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

WeTravel allowed me to implement my dream company

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

WeTravel allowed me to have an international list of attendees join me on my travel and adventure business. I have been with them since the beginning. They have continued to evolve with the industry, and always amaze me with their ability to see what is needed and provide it. Their customer support is on point and fast, their site is easy to use for both me and my clientelle, and I feel completely secure with making transactions through their site.

Pros

This platform is so easy to set up my yoga travel and adventure experiences, offer them to students and travelers worldwide, and for the students and travelers to register and join my offerings!

Cons

There is nothing about this software that I didn't like.

Kathy P.

Exceptional Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

Amazing!
They have an exceptional product and team behind it.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the software, but what I appreciate most is the customer service. Not only are my questions answered promptly, they are always solution focused and friendly.

This is not the case with some of the other retreat sites I have worked with.

Cons

The only thing that has caused me challenges was that I can't add different hosts to the retreats that I run. They have a team function, but it's not the same thing.

Zaky P.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great to organize student trips

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

I didn't have to manually track all payments on my Paypal and bank account

Pros

I can track payments from all participants, and I can remind people to pay from my organizer dashboard. It was easy to set up the registration page for my school trip using WeTravel. Participants also paid easily through the registration page. Excellent customer support.

Cons

Focus more on trip planning, but no app yet during the trip itself (e.g. for communication with participants, to share photos). Probably good to add.

Daniel F.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Other for 1+ year

great service

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Pros

I like the layout and professional look that it gives my tours

easy to use

Money collection feature is a huge help

Cons

Software is fine. Just wish I could've got someone on the phone when I had questions. I had to email and wait a couple days for a response

Artunj B.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Review to WeTravel

Reviewed on 2019/11/10

Pros

I am using wetravel mainly to receive payments from the guests. So to make a trip and send payment link is most liked by us.

Cons

N/A - We like WeTravel. It supports our business.

Stevenlie S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

This is one of the best travel app that i've ever used

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

Integrated travel plan

Pros

WeTravel allows me to manage my student trip really well. I can cut the hassle of communicating via email by only using one portal.

Cons

they don't help me much during the trip, like with picture sharing because many of us want to own the picture.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

My favorite software for collecting travel payments

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Pros

The best part of this software is how simple it is to make bookings and collect payments.

Cons

I had no problems or issues when I tried this software out.

Jack W.

Streamlines the Travel & Tour Operator Businesses

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Outstanding. Personal and service oriented.

Pros

It is very user-friendly and easy to use. It offers a very attractive online interface and good internal reporting. Best of all, the customer service team is very competent and even cheerful! The company is always improving and adding new features to make it better. They listen to and try to accommodate suggestions. Great company!

Cons

It worked very well from the beginning and they have made consistently better. Cannot think of anything that we don't like now.