MyRouteOnline

Cloud-based route planning and optimization software

Daniel N.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Glad we made the Switch

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Routing efficiency is money in our pockets. MRO is efficient with my time.

Pros

It never crashes or has errors, solidly programmed. Very easy to edit routes and create new routes. Block editing of stops is a great feature. Data import is very smart. Outputs are nicely formatted. Solid tool.

Cons

The automatic routing we get is seldom the route we end up with. We usually spend a little time tweaking about 20% of the route, and end up optimizing it a little more. But editing routes is easy and foolproof.
Also too, MRO will sometimes change an address without advising you, and most of the times it is the address you really want;but sometimes it takes you to another address that is different. Although this happens so seldom, this can ruin your day.
When you import data, the 240 character limit error is a pain. It would be nice if it told you which line(s) it has an issue with. (minor)

Response from MyRouteOnline

Hello Daniel, thanks for writing.
If an address is changed, the system shows it as yellow, with a notice as shown here: https://www.myrouteonline.com/user-guides/compare-the-addresses-you-entered-with-the-mapped-addresses
You can always compare the address you entered to the address Google Maps has recognized.
Have a look at the user-guide, and email us if you have any questions. Regards, MyRouteOnline team

Sarah E.

Concentrated Routes Features

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

All good. Essentially noted under Pros above.

Pros

That it piggy-backs on google, Can be emailed to the drivers (with an integrated app, which is very useful), that it's really very simple; it doesn't try to solve a problem that doesn't exist. It just optimizes multiple stops. Perfect.

Cons

Our deliveries are exclusively in NYC. With loads of (a) toll bridges and tunnels, and (b) dense, concentrated routes. We would really, REALLY like to see... (a) the option of avoiding tolls and (b) the option of the Start Point resulting from us having chosen "Quickest" or "Shortest" (not "Furthest" or "Nearest").

Response from MyRouteOnline

Thank you Sarah. You can choose to "avoid tolls" when you use MyRoute app, with the navigation app available on your smartphone. Thank you for using MyRouteOnline.

Sherry B.

MyRouteOnline Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

we are routing our daily schedules for our technicians.
By adding time onsite/travel time it gives us a great schedule plan for the guys.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to add time on site per stop

Cons

on larger routes it will freeze and then for big distances it will not plan the route

Response from MyRouteOnline

Hello Sherry, thanks for writing. We'd like to investigate the freeze issue, can you email our support team with an example of a route with big distances? It's very important that we address this. Thank you for your business, MyRouteOnline team

Lisa N.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Hospice Buffalo

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

I have used MyRouteOnline for about 4-5 years, and it have been a lifesaver! I use it to map out deliveries during the holidays for our patients and families, and I also use it for our biggest fundraiser to deliver bouquets to over 500 schools and businesses. It has helped me save so much time to complete these time sensitive tasks.

Pros

The ease of use (importing from excel).
The ability to save your work.
The variety of options of how create orders (number of routes vs. vehicle size).
The ability to manually change a route.

Cons

When importing multiple times using the same excel file, I wish you would be able to ignore the same columns each time you use it instead of doing it manually each time.

Response from MyRouteOnline

Hi Lisa, we appreciate your feedback. When importing the same excel file, or the same format, the columns are already set as your default, so you don't need to do that manually. Hope this helps.
Thank you for using MyRouteOnline.

Helgi H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Domestic Freight forwarding collections

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Pros

The ability to plan out long, whole day itineraries with a reliable accuracy.
The addition of the load limits and lunch was great
The ability to be able to adjust our ever changing schedule is great

Cons

I do multiple runs on the same day. So I export my route once planed into an excel spreadsheet then program it to add 5hrs (or so) for the afternoon run to get my timings
- If you could have a way to adjust the start times of each planned route that would be great

I often plan out 2-3 days on the same account simultaniously
- If you could manually change the colours the routes or even better hide and reveal routes on the map that would be great

I sometimes get nervous when editing my routes, worried that the program may crash. Like when changing the starting or end address of my route, I've had it happen where I deleted the starting address from a particular route and that address disapeared from the start of each of my routes.

Brandon G.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Seasonal Project

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Pros

We needed a simple to use and easily accessible routing application for a seasonal project. Out of the various tools found online and tested MyRouteOnline was the best option for picking up the application and going right out of the box.
The Route upload feature was also straight forward and easy to use.

Cons

Route organization on the iPhone app was a bit clunky I felt like. As well as having to resign into the app to Reload Routes if you idled too long. Would be a nice way to keep you signed in or an easier way to Reload the routes if you closed the app other than having to re-key in your email every time. Could also be a feature I am missing since I did not spend too much time researching that section.

Response from MyRouteOnline

Thanks Brandon. We'll take your comments into consideration, to make MyRoute app easier to use.

Ileana S.

Nice overlooking route

It’s been great overall!

Pros

How I can see the route planed in the computer

Cons

I can’t see the map planed in the app (iPhone) or my gps... also, changing stops is hard sometimes

Response from MyRouteOnline

Thank you Ilena for your feedback. Please email us at [email protected] to let us know how you'd like the manual changes experience to be. To watch the entire route on a map, you can open the Planner on your iPhone, (instead of the app). Best regards, MyRouteOnline team

Susan T.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Program works well for us

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

MyRouteOnline helps me to break large deliveries into 8-10 routes very easily.

Pros

All of the options that can be added when computing the routes makes for very accurate mileage and time estimates.

Cons

Mobile app did not work well. Sent us to wrong addresses (off by 1 house sometimes). Not sure why this happened.

Jeff B.
  • Industry: Photography

My thoughts

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Pros

Being able to paste in addresses and set start and service times.

Cons

Not being able to set a priority for particular stops if I need them to be second from last, etc.

Also, I don’t fully understand how credits are used since sometimes more are used

Response from MyRouteOnline

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your feedback. We'll be happy to discuss the priority, as an additional feature. Most of the features we have were suggested by our customers... As for the credits, these are counted once every 30 days. We charge 1 single credit per address and we don't charge for the same addresses within 30 days. Hope this is clear. Let us know if you have any questions.

Debbie C.
  • Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

I needed to plan a couple of overnight trips for six people to visit libraries around the state. We had about a dozen we wanted to check out. (Sorry for the pun.) I needed to plan best routes to/from and between along with overnight stops along the way. When I discovered MyRouteOnline (after nearly an hour trying to do it myself), I was quite relieved. The site made the whole process simple, drastically cut down on my time, and was well worth the cost.

Pros

Pretty easy to use. Saved my time trying to figure out routes. Customer service was quick and responsive.

Cons

It is primarily for people who make deliveries for a living. I just needed to plan a couple of two day trips to visit different organizations. I had to do some tweaking on my plans to work out what I needed to do but it was so much better than doing it myself.

Jerry W.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Great Service!

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

It has made my salespeople MUCH more productive in planning their calls.

Pros

Very easy to use. Easy to download our Excel lists into the routing program.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about it, we were very happy with all aspects.

Jim K.

Nothing like it

Reviewed on 2015/10/19

We used MyRouteOnline for our sales reps. They easily caught on to the program and used it daily. The method by which the program organized our accounts saved us money in labor and vehicle expense as well as precious time in securing new accounts and maintaining old accounts.

Their customer service is first rate as well!

Response from MyRouteOnline

Thank you so much Jim.
We do our best to provide the highest level of customer service and we're happy you appreciate it and find our route planner useful.
Best of luck, MyRouteOnline team

Sxott N.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Thabks

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

A couple weird u turns or lack of u turns as the system wanted me not to make them so if drive around the block a bunch.

Pros

Easy search of addresses and verifying was good.

Cons

A couple addresses were not accurate due to spacing of words.

Response from MyRouteOnline

Thanks Sxott! Our Route Planner is based on Google Maps and the addresses should be written clearly in order to be recognized properly.

Austin M.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Amazing software!

Reviewed on 2016/07/18

Loved the software, saved my company tons of time, energy and money! Very easy to use and helped my company tremendously. Great value.

Response from MyRouteOnline

Thank you so much Austin. Best regards, MyRouteOnline team

Charmaine S.
  • Industry: Accounting

love it

love it

Pros

bulk ad and import feature and email feature

Cons

I love the bulk ad feature and the import feature... love being able to ad the route expected services times.. the start time.. give clients an idea of time of arrival.

Response from MyRouteOnline

Great to hear from you Charmaine, thank you!

Mark H.
  • Industry: Automotive

MyrouteOnline

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

It does route effectively.

Pros

you are able to add a start and finish point of your route at any point and change the route accordingly.

Cons

The price. I feel it could be a bit cheaper for the amount of credits you get.

Response from MyRouteOnline

Hello Mark, thank you for your feedback. Please email our support team, to ask about special prices. Kindly note the number of stops you need to plan each month. Best regards, MyRouteOnline team

Ca J.
  • Industry: Research

Good Program for Mapping and Traveling

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Pros

It takes the logistics out of mapping your destinations and gives you various options to make your stops effortless.

Cons

You are limited to the number of destinations for mapping and you aren't allowed to utilize your created map unless you subscribe/pay.

Kandi D.

Excellent Program

Reviewed on 2015/09/26

I used this program to improve production percentage. Great help.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Optimize your routes with MyRouteOnline

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Helped us plan the best routes and save time and money

Pros

Pretty easy to use and does a great job of putting together a route. Like the way it I can use it to optimizer based on different goals (time, distance, etc).

Cons

Nothing that a little training hasn't fixed so far

Shaun d S.

Even when in a pinch......don't go cheap

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

If you are just starting out and you're on a tight budget then sure, this will do when in a pinch....but as I stated......sometimes taking a shortcut can cost you more in the long run....however if you absolutely need to save on windshield time, insurance, drivers hours and maintenance then this will work in the early stages of growing a "service" business.

Pros

Simple purchasing. Quick Paypal process if you are in a pinch. Since it is web based there weren't any "intrusive" clients to download. Since I was in a new city and had to plan my warehouse location to my clients it worked at the 11th hour!

Cons

Sure it's got a good "entry" level price point. When I started going over their "benefits" I quickly found it to be a sort of "pay as you go" cell service plan. 1 credit is one address which can only be used once every 30 days. Well if I have to deliver or service customers more than once in a 30 day span.....what then? And the whole "optimizing", 70% of the time resembled how my 10 year old would tell you of how to get to the ice cream shop. Was NOT impressed. Honestly.......Google Maps which is FREE gave me better directions than this. And customer support......I digress.

Rick D.

MyRouteOnline - the only routing service with a mobile app that makes sense!

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Overall it has changed my business because it's helped me view so many more properties just due to the mobile app alone. I would love it if the mobile app could send you into the Google maps app in "live" but not "navigation" mode- like if you navigate then hit the back button and set the bullseye to rotate the map with you. Might be very particular to my purpose, but then the kml layers I've uploaded to the map show all the time. In nav mode they don't show until you get there or break out of the nav with back button.

Pros

By far - the mobile app. Every other one I've tried is SO clunky and you have to hit 5 buttons to go to the next stop unlike swipe down, hit notification and go with yours.

I also like ability to plot all the stops on a map on the website, then draw lines around to select/delete.

Cons

The efficiency of the routes planned by the website is quite bad to be honest especially with 100+ stops nearby each other. Just by seeing the zigzag routes on the map I can often do some manual rearranging to save substantial time. Now I usually plan the actual route with routexl then import it to myrouteonline and keep order as is. I find I can save 1-2 hours during course of a full day with a better route.

Response from MyRouteOnline

Hello Rick, thank you very much for your feedback. Our developers are extremely busy, trying to improve our algorithm and we hope it will meet your needs.

Rhea P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Cake Bubbles- 1st time

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

I route and deliver for multiple companies. I love everything that works, should work for my needs. I don't like that I don't have an order option for a longer time for less addresses.

Pros

I like the fact that I can import. I like new format. Not much is different. Actually a few problems.

Cons

We have issues with where printing is now only available if click on map. I have steuggled for the last few weeks and most during whole new format to be able to delete items I don't want routed after import. The spreadsheet I use has a few rows that aren't addresses. I beleiveninwaste addresses purchased dye to this issue. I could not get it to take the original address at the top, even did multiple attempts and it was a mess. I intended to email today as you don't seem to have an option to call .

Response from MyRouteOnline

Thank you Rhea, the print option is shown on the map. Click on Map options and you'll be able to print the route. As for importing unwanted rows, we'll be happy to understand this issue and will contact you for more details.

Lucy M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

MyRoute Online for Lucy's Bins

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Great! easy to purchase credits if you have a small route or signup for a subscription

Pros

Easy to use. I would upload my runsheet spreadsheet and use it to ensure my runs were in order for my staff. I also used it for training new drivers. Helped cut down the time considerably.

Cons

Sometimes the optimised route was not the best route, but you can easily make manual changes.
When using the app on my phone, once you got to a destination you would have to leave google maps and go back to the ap to load the next address. But this could have been my error :P

Response from MyRouteOnline

Hello Lucy,
Thanks so much for your review.
Kindly note that when you reach your destination, you don't need to leave Google Maps. You'll get a notification saying "arrived at... next is..." and when you click on it, your next destination is inserted to Google Maps and will show as your next stop.
Hope this helps.

Rustae K.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great time saver in organizing approach to site visitation and accuracy

Reviewed on 2019/04/27

I used to have to do all the mapping, driving route directions, etc. by hand. This program is a great value for the cost. I highly recommend the use of this program. Thank you MyRouteOnline team!

Pros

This was a major time saving program for mapping, step by step driving directions, and route planning for our organizational needs. I have used this program several times over the past few years and found it to be most valuable. I was exceptionally easy to add needed stops by viewing the maps provided by the program and determining the area each group would be visiting enabling additonal stops to be effective.

Cons

A basic working knowledge of using Excel is needed to prepare documents for uploading.

Response from MyRouteOnline

Thank you for the review Rustae! Please check out this Excel format that is needed for the sysytem - https://www.myrouteonline.com/user-guides/excel-spreadsheet-format-for-importing-addresses -Almost any format you try can be uploaded for use in MyRouteOnline.
Thanks for using MyRouteOnline.

Ken C.
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great product, great support

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Pros

Got lucky and found the MyRouteOnline software by chance, when searching for a product for routing. In the past, had used MS Streets and Trips, and was disappointed to find it was no longer available. MyRouteOnline is an adequate replacement. Affordable, easy to use, and with a support team that quickly responds, when needed. Import our lists, optimize, and our drivers are on their way. Would highly recommend

Cons

None. Nothing bad to say about the product

Response from MyRouteOnline

Thank you so much Ken.