Refreshingly simple software

Erica L.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

My experience with Yardi Breeze has been mostly positive. I do find that when there is an issue that someone doesn't understand it take a long time to get a response. I truly believe that if you utilize your users with experience to explore new patches before launching you could head off a lot of issues. The most recent patch has created some issues that we are still trying to get fixed.

Pros

Yardi Breeze has many different functions and makes running our properties and updating our tenants very easy. The platform is easy to use and also easy to access being completely cloud based.

Cons

There are several areas that could use improvements, just small improvements that would make a big diffrence.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Erica,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad Breeze has been easy for you to learn and use, but sorry that your experience hasn't been perfectly seamless. We do our best to patch 99% of issues prior to launch, but that's also why we keep a globally based IT staff on hand to help whenever necessary. Please reach out to us via live chat or call your client support team directly if you are still having issues. We want you fully operational as soon as possible.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

All-In-One Leasing Solution for Apartment Management

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Overall, our team loved using Yardi. It was the software we used from when we first opened and helped us lease the entire community within the span of 12-14 months. Besides the few cons listed above, the pros definitely outweighs it. I'd suggest giving Yardi a shot if you've never used it before.

Pros

Our team loved using Yardi for our lease up which was about 250 units in total. I loved how user-friendly and easy it was when it came to adding in new prospect information and also sending out marketing information to them via the software. It doesn't take very long and saved me a ton of time when it came to outbound marketing. I also loved how it typically doesn't lag out on me when I'm pulling up current and past resident information. I've worked at a property before where residents would get upset, because I wasn't able to provide them with the information they needed fast enough as the system we had would freeze all the time.

Cons

There are quite a few pop-up notifications that can occur and can be irritating at times when entering in new information. I wish there was a way to disable them or pick which notifications I'd like to pop up. There are certain fields that need to be filled in that are sometimes unnecessary. This can also slow down productivity when trying to provide prospects with the best service possible.

Joseph A.

Yardi Breeze is a Breeze!!!

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

I absolutely love it and would recommend this software a 100X over to anyone.

Pros

Ease of use and understanding, of the software, reporting, customer service, online help and chat

Cons

Rent Cafe is more difficult to adapt to for me. My portfolio is more commercial real estate and Cafe is more geared toward residential properties.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Joseph,
I'm happy to hear you're loving Breeze and finding it so easy to use. Your excitement means a lot to us. For the first part of 2020 we have been hard at work adding more functionality to Breeze and Breeze Premier and there is still more to come. You may be interested to know that CommercialCafe will be available soon as an add-on for Breeze Premier. Please let us know if you would like a client support expert to show you around the new features. Thanks again for the feedback!

Rachelle P.

New to Yardi

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Yardi has been an excellent company to work with, making the transition for myself and tenants very easy. The accounting software is user friendly and accurate, along with the customer service received always!

Pros

Now six months into using this software and very happy that I chose this company. It is user friendly, always improving to make things easier for their customers with updating features. The customer service is accessible either by phone or email and willing to help with any issues that may arise.

Cons

The only thing I would change is when doing back round screening that the email does not send to the homeowner.

Kenneth K.

Using for 6-months

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Satisfied!

Pros

Simplicity, features and price.
We previously managed the property with several systems. Yardi Breeze now allows us to to manage the property with one online service for: Banking, Financial, Maintenance, Resident Info etc.
We now have better communication features between residents and management.

Cons

RentCafe - would like better control over listing my amenities (apartment separate from community) and controlling the order that my images appear.
We appreciate the immediate access to help via CHAT however there are times I wish I could speak to someone rather than typing it all out.

Maddison C.

Breeze

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Great experience their customer service is also amazing. Overall great product

Pros

Easy of use, availability of functions, and ability to migrate multiple companies and properties into one program.

Cons

The inability to produce HST reports for specific periods of time

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Maddison,

We're honored! This is really great to hear. Our goal is to make it easy for anyone to get up and running quickly on Yardi Breeze. We'll share your glowing commentary on service to our customer service team (I think they are amazing too!) and your note on HST reports to our programming team. Thank you for your feedback!

Joy P.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great Value For Sophisticated Software

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Pros

Great functionality and reporting. The UI is also friendly and self-explanatory.

Cons

Limited accrual functionality but this is in development and will help strengthen platform.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Joy,

Thank you for your positive feedback on Breeze's UI and reporting capabilities! We would be interested to hear more about the specific functions you feel are missing. Thanks again for your feedback, and please don't hesitate to let me know how I can help.

Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze

Charlie F.

Anything but a 'breeze'...

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

Pending

Cons

Continued problems with listed availability.
unit 101 tenant is no longer listed as "notice" but apartment is still showing as available. Also rent has been changed to $1,946 but is STILL showing as $1,800 ??

Same issue for 201

Now we have people applying to unavailable units for the wrong price and this is going to cost us with BAD REVIEWS when we have to cancel and decline them!

Tiffany H.

User friendly but missing some functionality

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Pros

That it is user friendly and that there is customer service readily available on the screen.

Cons

That there is some functionality missing. There were several features with Yardi Genesis 2 that are no longer an option.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Tiffany,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Ease of use and speedy customer service were key goals when we set out to develop Breeze, so I'm happy that has been your experience. I understand that Genesis was a very popular platform, and we acknowledge that Breeze is a bit different. If you'd like, I can have a client service expert reach out to show you Breeze Premier, a software upgrade to Breeze that may include those features you're referring to.

Cadie M.

User Friendly Software for Property Management Needs

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Pros

It is genuinely the most user-friendly software I've used. Almost everything is self-explanatory and if you not, the help section will easily guide you. Plus the chat feature is a lifesaver in getting an issue resolved quickly.

Cons

There are some features that could be added, like the ability to add photos to a maintenance request, more specific reports on insurance, more customizable reports in general.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Cadie,
I am genuinely pleased to hear you find Breeze to be user-friendly and self-explanatory! One thing I want to mention is that Breeze does allow you to add photos to maintenance requests. I can have a client support expert reach out to show you how. In the meantime, there are articles in the Help Center that cover maintenance requests or you can use the live chat function to get more information. We're glad to have you as a Yardi client! Thanks for the feedback.

Colleen M.

Great software

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Pros

I started with Yardi Breeze with two properties under management. I have been growing over the past year and a half and I am glad to have started with Breeze. The software has been easy to accommodate the new addition of properties and growth. The new features added are always a welcome addition. I run a paperless company and Breeze makes it all possible.

Cons

Like any new property manager learning a software, there was a learning curve on the accounting side. With time it has become easier to understand.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Colleen,
Congratulations on your portfolio growth and for running a paperless company! Breeze is meant to help those in expansion mode grow quickly and easily, so I'm glad it's doing just that for you. I hope our Help Center resources and chat support shortened the accounting learning curve for you. If there's anything else we can do, please let me know. Thanks for your feedback!

Peter C.

Breeze is a Breeze!

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

The system is really very simple. Once you learn some of the system glitches, the work arounds are simple. The customer service to support the product make up for some of the system deficiencies. If you are an expert accountant the system will bother you. If you are trying to capture owner, renter, property, receivables, payables, etc. data this is a great product. Do not ask it to think for you. The help button in the system is not useful.

Pros

Ease of use. The input fields are simple and easy to understand.

Cons

Some detail features are absent. If I have to delete payables it is not an simple one step process.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Peter,

I'm glad you're having a positive experience with Breeze! The system is made to be easy-to-use and powerful enough for users of all experience levels, so I appreciate you bringing some of these small details to our attention. I'd like to learn more about the glitches you mentioned and have a client support expert weigh in. Thanks again for your feedback, and we'll be in touch soon!

Mathieu R.

Misleading

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Very bad experience, hope they get the software to the point where it has the basics down.

Pros

It is inexpensive & has a nice interface

Cons

So many basic features are missing. Although the software is new & they claim to be making improvements, basic things like rent rolls are not available. The way this was advertised was misleading & wish I had not gone this route. I am one to never write reviews but hope someone else doesn't fall for this. I just wish I could go back. The company shows no sympathy & certainly will lose decades of future business with me.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Mathieu, Thank you for your feedback. Our client success team is making it a top priority to understand your issues and make sure they get resolved. We will be in touch.

Gina J.

Yardi

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Even when there is an issue the support staff is wonderful and always very helpful

Pros

ease of use, very user friendly, basic "fill in the blanks"

Cons

corrections can be a pain, would love an "undo" button

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Gina,
Thanks so much for your feedback. It's great to hear that Breeze is working out for you! It makes us proud to hear. We hope you continue to enjoy our live chat support for any questions or issues that arise.

Zach F.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Great starting point for a software

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Build you a website? No. But can embed some links into your own website.
Do they have Esign for contracts etc? Not yet.
Online applications. Yes.
Tenant screen? Yes.
Does it publish vacancies? Just to Rentcafe as of now.
Texting/contacting tenants? Right from tenant page?
Owners pay through portal. no
Does accounting sync to bank account? Only reconciliation style
Renter insurance accoutibility? It’s coming

Pros

Very easy and sleek to use. I believe this will become a very powerful management software for a reasonable price. They have a vast background in software and property management, so they really know the needs.

Cons

They just released this new software, and have a long ways to catch up with what other companies are offering. They do have a big parent company behind them, and may be able to catch up quick. Since they are so big, they have their own vacancies website, and a few other things along those lines. Sometimes that's great because it's smooth with the software, but sometimes it limits what resources are available.

Yardi Breeze is a trap to lock you into their product ecosystem

Reviewed on 2021/02/22

I feel a bit duped and wish we had not selected this product.

Pros

Nothing so far - it has been difficult in every way, and the customer service is mediocre at best.

Cons

The job cost feature is a joke.

On the marketing end, Breeze does not integrate with ANY outside software or programs. Everything you use has to be through Breeze or RentCafe. If you try to use a 3rd party web designer it is very difficult (almost impossible) to get information flow from the website into the Breeze CRM.

Joni B.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Yardi Breeze brought us light years ahead of where we were!

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

You can't go wrong with Yardi Breeze. It will make your life so much easier!

Pros

Simple, easy to use.
User friendly.
It was very instinctual from day one. There's a logic in the flow of information.

Cons

We would like to see a bit of customization to some reports. Particularly the rent roll. We have a owner that would like more detail on the payments.

Paul V.

LVPM Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

It is quite a long list, mostly it is about efficiency and reliability which is allowing us to grow and manage the growth without having the usual system problems that go along with that.

Pros

There are three things that stand out, Online Payments with RentCafe is very easy to set up and tenant love it, we have 100% adoption for online payments. The Owner Portal has had much bigger impact that we expected, we several owner who outside the country and in other states, having not a document repository but not having to send tons of emails, the owners can review documents on their schedule and they know where to locate agreements, insurance policies, etc. Lastly, generating monthly could be easier!

Cons

Being a long Yardi Voyager user, not having the ability to export data into Excel for custom reports or special projects is something I would really like to see.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Paul,
It's great that you've been a Yardi user for so many years, and that your owners and tenants are all on board with Breeze. Since you have experience with our Voyager platform, you might be interested in exploring Breeze Premier. It's built on the same system as Breeze but includes more advanced features, such as custom reporting, that you might find of interest. Let me know if you'd like a client support expert to show you around Premier with a quick demo. Thanks for your feedback!

Adam M.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

As an accountant, my overall experience has been pretty uneven. When I'm trying to make a journal entry or reconcile a bank account, I find myself wishing my client was using QuickBooks. But when I'm recording an inter-entity transaction or looking at CAM charges, I'm grateful for Yardi. I just hope there is a unit within Yardi that's focused on developing the accounting side of the Breeze software, because overall it really is not up to par with respect to the rest of the industry.

Pros

Easy to list properties online for potential residents to find. Easy to set up online payment for residents. Customer support has been responsive and helpful. Some nice, innovative features on the property management side of the software.

Cons

The accounting side of the software is pretty weak and clunky compared to competitors. There's no way to set up bank feeds, so cash reconciliations are 100% manual. The way banks are paired with GL accounts is convoluted and difficult to set up and understand. You can attach documents to payables and receivables (great!) but not to general journal entries (why not?). There is no way to customize basic financial reports in the way you would in software like QuickBooks. Customer support chat feature doesn't work with my company but other companies' chat features (e.g. Intuit) work just fine. Navigation is clunky - it often takes several clicks to get where you need to go. There is a "Favorites" feature that allows you to create your own list of frequently visited areas in the software, but that in and of itself is pretty clunky and confusing, and I shouldn't have to set up favorites in well-designed software. I've had weird errors here and there that customer service couldn't explain and that were solved using a silly workaround (such as removing a couple of lines from a journal entry and putting them into a separae entry). There is no way to "hard close" your books for a given period, so there is nothing stopping a user from posting transactions into a closed period, so if you're a company that needs to get an audit, don't use Yardi. Overall, the accounting side of this software feels like a beta test - it's pretty good, but it's not quite fully baked.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comprehensive feedback and hope you continue to enjoy Breeze's marketing, leasing and property management functionality, as well as our customer support. In the meantime, we're constantly making improvements to our platform. That's one reason we came out with Breeze Premier earlier this year. We'll follow up with you directly, but in short, the accounting functionality you identified is missing is in fact available in Breeze Premier. Attachments to journal entries are available in Breeze and Breeze Premier, and auto-matching for bank reconciliations, custom reporting and the ability to hard close your books are available in Breeze Premier. Our customer service experts would be happy to troubleshoot why live chat is not working for you; it's a great, free feature and we want you to be able to take advantage of it. Hope this helps!

Lisa P.

Inefficient and Exhausting

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

The overall experience since day 1 of using this product has been ABSOULTELY TERRIBLE. At this point my team and I are extremely exhausted. We were very hopeful when signing that this would automate some tasks and make the multi-family side of our business much easier to maintain. However, it has been the complete opposite. Processes that were simple in previous software have become much more time consuming and inefficient. I truly believe this is an immature software and should not have been released to the public yet. Steer clear, people. Go with something else.

Pros

Breeze seems to have a nice "look" and is more user friendly to navigate. There are multiple ways to get to certain screens.

Cons

The accounting on this software is not efficient. We've ran into so many issues and nobody seems to have an answer for basic features that this software is lacking. During the sales process, we were ensured this was THE BEST software on the market for Multi-Family managers. However, Breeze does not even allow owner draws to be sent Via EFT over $25,000. We have multiple multi-family properties whose draw is consistently double or triple that amount. Breeze does NOT function in multiple tabs or windows. If we are in the middle of a process but need to go double check a number, we have to exit and start all over once verifying. Breeze also lacks the ability to split late fees or application fees with the properties, which both of the other software's we have used were capable of doing. Receipts posted in a batch do NOT post to tenants ledgers until the batch is posted, meaning we either have to have a ton of batches per day or a tenant who pays in the morning does not get that to show on their ledger until the batch is posted at the end of the day. There is no tenant credit button. If you want to issue tenant credits, you have to enter a negative charge - but the kick is that negative charges do NOT automatically apply. Meaning, each month once charges are posted you have to go search for those negative charges and manually apply them. That's IF your monthly charges post automatically. We've had two consecutive months of our automated tasks not working.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your feedback. With the capabilities your business seems to require, perhaps the more advanced Breeze Premier would have been the better solution. I'm going to check in with our sales and services teams to see if we can find a solution to the challenges you outlined. We will do everything in our power to make this right.

Wendy S.

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

I have enjoyed using Yardi Breeze in comparison to other products I have used.

Pros

Functionality is easy. Easy to navigate through the system.

Cons

Not all capabilities are currently being utilized by the employer.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Wendy,

I'm happy to hear that you find Breeze easy to use and navigate and that making the switch to Yardi Breeze was a good experience for you! As far as the capabilities not being used by your employer, perhaps we can help. If you could, please tell me a little more about what features you think you should be using, and we'll set you up with a client support expert who can help. Thanks for your feedback!

Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze

Linda E.

Great for keeping track of tenant receiveables and important lease dates

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

It's been a good product property management wise - what we had been lacking - but it falls short accounting wise. I wish there was a way to set security protocols for certain users to edit transaction in prior "closed" months. We are one owner and don't have to report to multiple clients - so editing past transactions to have clean books is a must. Reclassifying is a total pain.

Pros

Keeping track of lease dates, tenant receivables, security deposits, etc.

Cons

I really wish this was as easy to use accounting wise as QuickBooks. It really lacks a lot as far as editing transactions, playing bills from multiple accounts, etc. We are one owner with multiple properties and entities - we trade monies back and forth and find it very hard to do with Breeze alone - so many journal entries. We have to post to QB at the end of each month to keep correct records.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Linda,
I'm glad to hear that Breeze's property management system is working well for you. I also appreciate your feedback on accounting. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a client service expert to weigh in on some of your ideas. After learning more about your experience and areas of concern, we may be able to troubleshoot a few items quickly, or else introduce you to Breeze Premier, which has additional accounting functionality that may be of use to you. Thanks again for your thoughtful response. We'll be in touch soon!

Pamela H.

Yardi user since the DOS version!`

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Overall we are more satisfied than disappointed with the product. I do believe that they are trying to "evolve" as time goes by with users "suggestions". It is my hope that the software engineers are "listening" :o)

Pros

Love the web based options. Owner EFT distributions, email and "owner portal" reporting, tenant statements with the ability to email. This program is functionally similar to Yardi Professional which we used for over 20 years. It was tough to make the switch due to the fact that YP was a workhorse, but having all of the web capabilities to bring us into the "21st Century" was a GREAT move! Especially with the current COVID-19 crisis - we were able to have some of our employees work from home! If we "had" to, we would have been able to totally function remotely.

Cons

I don't like the time it takes for the EFT's to hit our owner's accounts (5 banking days). I also do not like the fact that the company Logo and company information are not provided on the cover page of the monthly report packages. I have made several comments about this (I've had owner "complaints" as there is no contact information on the package for when they supply them to their tax professionals - this is "not" a professional look for our company). Not being able to "toggle" between different screens (which we could do in a very "old" program was a surprise to us!).

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Pamela,
It's incredible that you've been with us since the beginning. You could probably teach a class on Yardi property management software by now! Also, that's wonderful news about your team using Breeze remotely without a hitch. It's so important to be able to do that right now. We will certainly pass your other notes along to our development team. Your suggestions are always welcome. Thanks for your feedback!

Jeffrey M.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Excellent, we were an early adopter so we encountered some bumps in the road but the responsiveness of the Yardi staff was excellent.

Pros

Software is very intuitive and user friendly. The customer service online chat feature is outstanding. The accounting processes are very strong.

Cons

We have had several complaints with the software over the past two years and have used their feedback feature which has resulted in updates to the software that have resolved 90% of our concerns. Probably the most cumbersome and least functional part of the program for us is the bank reconciliation feature.

Response from Yardi Breeze

Hi Jeffrey,
Customer service is a cornerstone of our company mission, so I'm very glad to hear that we've been responsive and able to help. Please don't hesistate to reach out with any troubleshooting issues, big or small. We'd love to talk to you more about bank reconciliations to see what we can do to make that a seamless process going forward. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Lee M.

Absolutely love the software!

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

I was in the midst of adding commercial units into my portfolio, which is what brought me to Yardi Breeze. My overall experience was good.

Pros

As an owner with a portfolio of multi-family and single family units, there are a ton of features I like about this software. If i had to single out a few that were most important to me, I have to call out the ease of use, online support and customization. The system flows quite well going from function to function and is easy on the eyes. After a few hours in it, I was able to navigate fairly easy. The on-boarding agent assigned to me was great. Between her email communications and the online live support team, I got questions answered within minutes and the staff knows the product extremely well with the ability to explain things in a way this non-accountant minded person could understand. Lastly, the ability to customize labels and fields and pull reports from them was an unexpected surprise. I do not think there is anything one could come up with that Yardi Breeze cannot solve for.

Cons

I am one that will always run into something I do not like about a software because I am picky, however, there is nothing I dislike about the software.