SuccessWare

Business management software for the field service industry

Anthony B.

Successware21 Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Some users have difficulty navigating the software with due process, meaning they cannot follow all of the guidelines we have set in place and user errors do happen. I'm sure this is common with any software.. Overall good experience, can export invoices, track phone calls, and follow jobs to close.

Pros

This software can be great for the right business and individuals. The processes we've put in place within Successware21 couldn't really be done for our business with any other software on the market. I'm not saying Successware21 is amazing because it's not, but as an an individual I prefer the old-school style of data reporting essentially tabular data models. The combination of the styling and the specific business solution it provides would be what I like most about the software.

Cons

There are some limitations within the boundaries of the developers who created the software.. Such as we've had problems adding simple HTML img tags to the automated Successware21 customer emails. And, we've had to customize a few integrations for our PBX system.

Devry K.

SuccessWare Fan

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

SuccessWare allows us to run all aspects of our business in one central location. It is the centralized mother ship of our company. It is so convenient to have everything in one place.

Pros

I really enjoy the enormity of the software program and that is all inclusive to every aspect of our industry.

Cons

I don't think there is anything that I personally don't like about SuccessWare. What I think some companies find is that due to the enormity of the program and the way that everything flows together if they don't stick with it or are not confident in their training it can be very easy to become frustrated. So the very thing that I love most about the program is also what I feel people find the most difficult. I guess if I could come up with something I wish had a tiny bit more flexibility it would be the Agreements. I do wish they were a bit more editable after they were activated. One other thought and it is not a con, but the way we can access location documents would be kind of cool if they implemented that same thing with the payables and we were able to connect and view payable invoices too.

Shelly E.

SW21

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Love it, bu it does a lot and maybe too much which can make it difficult to use all the reports it has.

Pros

It’s integrated with other softwares and one software for account and dispatch

Cons

It doesn’t have a remote software so techs can use it in the field. We need to game another software software so techs can use in the field.

Jewell B.

SuccessWare21 Long Time Customer

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Pros

This software is user friendly with training and support available as well as continual updates. It provides multiple points of information for customer accounts and is focused toward giving us the ability to provide good service to our customers. The fact that detailed departmentalized accounting is integrated into the operations software is a huge plus.

Cons

None come to mind - they have always been responsive to questions or issues.

Response from SuccessWare21

Jewell,

Thank you so very much for this fantastic review! We are humbled by what you have said, and appreciate your business over the last 17 years! We are honored to be part of your continued success!

Jason G.

Tough to transition, but sooo worth it

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

If we could do it over again, I would have paid the additional money to have someone from SW21 come out and help us set up everything. We learned a lot through the process because we duplicated lots of things at first. It was a learning experience but it cost us time. Because of the experience, I feel like I have a better grasp of the system over all and I know how to fix things when there is an input issue.

Pros

Everything is all in one program and there is a mobile platform for out in the field.

Cons

Its hard to get an exact report that I need

Bill E.

Overall covers about all that we ask of the program.

Reviewed on 2017/11/24

Pros

Easy to use, easy to train. I can get most of the information I need simply because it's so easy to find it.

Cons

Unable to go directly from purchase order to job costing. Commission/bonus is affected by parts costs, it would be easier to go directly from a purchase order created from a job to that invoice and recalculate commissions related to parts cost.

Lisa H.

LIKE SHREK- LOTS OF LAYERS

BETTER REPORTING, CLEAR FINANCIALS, TASK PRICING

Pros

FINANCIAL SYSTEM IS TOP NOTCH, SET UP OF EMPLOYEES AND DISPATCH BOARD ARE EASY TO NAVIGATE

Cons

IT HAS SO MANY LAYERS OF FUNCTIONALITY- YET, THE PROJECT MODULE CANNOT INTERFACE WITH THE SERVICE SIDE OR SWREMOTE

Raven G.

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Overall I really like SW21. I miss it more since our company switched.

Pros

easy to maneuver
has its own accounting software
fairly detailed

Cons

need more filters when it comes to accounting portion of software
could use more report
needs an updated look

Jc F.

Plenty of data, just tricky to use

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Overall the experience has been good. Given the other big names that are out there that do the same thing, we are still with SW21. What the other platforms offer in simplicity, they lack in hard data.

Pros

The options for accounting, data etc are almost limitless. There is a report or tool for just about anything. It offers deeper levels of data to ensure accuracy.

Cons

It sort of feels like working in DOS. The software itself has a high learning curve and can be hard to train new people on given its complexity.

There are some QoL changes that would greatly increase the usability of the program, especially from the inventory management side of things.

Kyle C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Powerful, but frustrating

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Pros

It's robust and provides a complete package for our HVAC company.

Cons

Almost nothing is user friendly. Few things allow for automation.

Doneta S.

Needs much updating

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Pros

Inventory management was the best thing about this.

Cons

Tech usage, we have now went to Service Titan and that platform is leaps and bounds better for tech usage.

Jeremy P.

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Needs to be updated to keep up with the rest of the industry.

Pros

Job board and visual dispatching. Moving calls.

Cons

To many different tabs when closing out. Old format was much better. Report function needs to show conversion % between different types of calls. Demand/Maintenance/Club members. SW21 Keys needs to be more user friendly.

Ronald K.

SuccessWare21 Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

This is a good program. it is a little pricey, but it is way better than what I used to have. I wish it wasn't so expensive to put it on tablets for my guys to use in the field, but I'm sure new stuff will be developed to make this more affordable. I would also like to see some of the daily/monthly reporting be easier to access as well as more eye appealing. Overall, I'm glad that I got this software.

Pros

I like how the dispatching and accounting are tied into together. It takes away having to do multiple steps and saves me time and time is money.

Cons

It was a little complicated to get the hang of this system because it does so much, but once I did it was amazing.

David K.

SuccessWare21 Helped us grow and grew with our business effortlessly

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Without exception, the platform is solid. With 20 or so users supporting 44 employees both in the office and in the field, we're connected and seamlessly care for the client from phone call to field visit.

Pros

Rock-solid stability, zero failures of any kind in 16 years. It also handles our AR/AP with ease. Good reporting and data access. One entry point for client data that is shared across entire company from client inbound calls, invoicing and marketing. Plus, inventory, dispatch and CSR use, it's super proficient and easy to use. We started at $2m in 2003 and now at $10m, Successware is right there with us.

Cons

Unable to save reports as templates to run the same each time. Field interface somewhat limited.

Debbie W.

SW Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

I implemented SW at my last place of employment and set up financials at my current position. I feel SW is very user friendly and is very helpful for inside staff and the field staff as well.

Pros

I like the accounting , call taking and ispatch features.

Cons

Running Reports to retrieve information. It may be a matter of training and taking the time to learn. I have attended the training class in Phoenix, but have not been able to implement other than a few items since I have returned.

Betty C.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Successware 21 Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

We switched to Successware remote a year or two ago and it has made dispatching and invoicing seamless.

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to train new employees. I have used this program for 14 years, it was fairly new to us when I started working for my company. The software has grown and changed for the better with each new release. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

There are a few little glitches here and there, with user support they are worked out quickly. Someone is always available on your support team to help.

Response from SuccessWare21

Wow, Betty! Thank you for the glowing review. We appreciate it! We are continually working and evolving to give you superior customer service, support and a product that we can proudly stand behind. We wouldn't be in business this many years, if it weren't for the support of customers like you.

Kevin B.

SW21

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Pros

I like the integration with SW Remote and the ability of my field employees to have access to customer history.

Cons

The accounting is difficult to navigate and challenging to have an outside accounting agency use for reporting and taxes.

Elaine Y.

Successware opinions

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

I enter the accounting in Successware. It took me several months to learn and get caught up entering everything. I am still correcting all the errors of entering information incorrectly. We needed more training in the beginning. It is a very complex software.

Pros

It will let us do job costing and split out the financials by department

Cons

It is a very complicated software and took a long time to learn. There is no storage space to upload the invoices or backup so we have to get another storage to upload all documents entered. There are so many steps to all entries. I do a lot of accounting and our old system was so much easier and user friendly.

Jessica S.

Successware does a great job for our Heating/Cooling/Plumbing business.

Reviewed on 2017/09/07

It manages our whole business.

Pros

I like that our entire business is integrated into one software- customer relationship management, accounting, dispatch, all in one

Cons

Inventory can be hard to manage if you don't set it up right initially. Work closely with Successware's support team to make sure you have it set up correctly.

Hannah C.

A huge dispatching and invoicing software

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

It's very useful for dispatching and building a database. You can store on your own onsite servers or in the clouds

Cons

It's massive, I've been through the training and I still don't know everything about Successware. But the dispatching and customer service features are easy to use

Emily H.

GREAT PRODUCT

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Pros

THE EASE OF USE. IT IS RELATIVELY QUICK TO LEARN TO DO ALL NECESSARY TASKS WITHIN THE PROGRAM.

Cons

IT DOESN'T HAVE CERTAIN FEATURE THAT NEWER PROGRAMS DO. IE. TEXTING CUSTOMERS WITHIN THE PROGRAM.

John N.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Success ware 21

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Good software but not complete?

Pros

Better tracking and dispatching
Better record keeping of maint contracts

Cons

Successware needs better reporting
Don’t like having successware for office and another company in the field, causes issues

Jackie A.

Successware 21 platfor

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

We have used for awhile now, but not fond of the platform. Have found work around on issues.

Pros

Accounts Payable Module and Payroll Module are pretty easy to use.
Works for our service department team

Cons

Job costing and progress billings are an issue. Duplication of cost on reports.

Doug M.

Needs updated, needs trashed and redone

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Pros

Financials built in, quality reports but not enough

Cons

Tech end is completely out dated, it is not easy to use. 15 years and there is plenty I don’t know

Jay B.

Terrible product

Payroll issues
Using multiple companies

Pros

Not much it’s just too hard to use and to train other employees
Just not a good platform at all

Cons

It’s so hard to use and has issues weekly.
Way to hard to use.