Showing 26 reviews of 16

Woven

Pre-employment testing platform for hiring developers

Showing 26 reviews of 16
Carl K.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great assessment tool for employers AND candidates

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Woven seems like a fair and informative way to assess a developer's expertise before taking the time to interview them or go through whiteboard assessements. I had a very positive experience with the two Woven assessments I've been through so far. The feedback I received on my assessments was reasonable and encouraging, and suggested ways that I can improve.

Pros

Receiving feedback is vital for improvement. As a job applicant, Woven provided me with feedback that helped me understand what I needed to learn to improve my qualifications. Even before my evaluation, it directed me to resources to help me refresh my topical knowledge, and let me take a mock evaluation for practice.

Cons

I have no complaints. The system was easy to learn and use.

Response from Woven Teams

Thanks for the great review Carl!

• Used Other for Free Trial

Quality detailed feedback on test results

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Pros

Extremely helpful and detailed responses for every portion of the test coupled up with concrete examples to take action on made this top notch feedback
Encouraging way of communicating what was viewed as positive and what could be improved on

Cons

I could not name something I liked least, so if I had to make something up I would say an area of improvement would be: to have a timer included somewhere in the interface instead of having the user set there own.

Mike M.

Good Testing Platform

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Good.

Pros

Straight forward and easy to use, the directions where straight forward.

Cons

I don't really like browser code tests but this one was easy to port over to an IDE

• Used Other for 1-5 months

A much needed change to interviewing

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Pros

It didn't test me on my ability to solve algorithms. It tested me on more realistic situations and gave me a chance to show more of my knowledge. Also was given great feedback after the coding challenge was over. This will help me on future interviews.

Cons

The time limit seemed a little short for what was being tested.

Response from Woven Teams

Thanks for the review. We are working on untimed versions of the work simulation.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Great way to gain insight on a software engineer's capabilities

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

I've only taken one assessment, and it was pretty revealing. The feedback was very helpful in pointing out areas of improvement.

Pros

The ability to perform all tasks online. Ease of use, clear directions.

Cons

I didn't find this software deficient. Maybe some improvement on the problem descriptions, but that is mainly up to the company providing the assessment.

Joel M.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

A very pleasant experience as an applicant

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

I had a good experience with both the software automated parts of the system and the people with whom I interacted there that were driving the feedback cycle. I would recommend this to others who were looking for this kind of software and experience.

Pros

I felt it had a good quality review system and editor for the kind of thing it is, which is a software test system for job applicants. The feedback I received was top notch and timely.

Cons

Nothing jumped out at me. I think there was like one point during a process that instructions were unclear but I don't think that was software's fault.

Response from Woven Teams

Thanks for the great review Joel! Best of luck within your job search.

Hans peter S.

woven review

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Pros

Easy to use. Very responsive. Everything worked as expected.

Cons

From the one time usage, I could not identify a feature that I disliked.

Response from Woven Teams

Thanks for the feedback Hans Peter!

Dipto K.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Best interview process I ever seen till now

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Pros

To be honest, I really enjoyed the process of evaluating technical skills. I really appreciate it. I hope most of the company will understand and make a collaboration with Woven to make the interview more enjoyable like this one.

Cons

I didn't use this software 100% yet. That's why I didn't get anything least for this apply.

Rezwan ferdous N.

Professional code review

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

it was really amazing. I was pleased with the code review they provided and how they explained each part of it with a description. It' s really a very good practice to give code review like this and the developer/engineer can learn a lot from it.

Pros

It's easy to use and the tests are described perfectly, i like how they send me a very detailed review.

Cons

They can improve the coding challange part as this one need bit more detailed question and less usage of externel api as sometimes it can be confusing eve for a very experienced developer.

Logan S.

Repairing the interview process

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Woven is the new way to get talented individuals on your team. They assess technical as well as soft skills so you know that the Dev you're thinking about bringing onto your team will actually work with your team!
They take a very personalized approach to the assessment process which shows they are giving you and your team the respect and attention they deserve.
I feel great about working with Woven in the future.

Pros

You're probably used to getting the same old DSA assessments with zero real-world relevance: like "invert a binary search tree" - not with Woven.
The technical assessment is superb. It encompasses real-world scenarios and is graded much more care and consideration than "make it pass these unit tests"

With Woven, I had a real person look over my solutions and give me great personalized feedback on what they liked and what I could improve on. The whole experience felt very collaborative.
2000% would recommend.

Cons

The directions could be a little more clear but overall their platform is very good.
I didn't try dark mode but at least its there - making the interface look more like VSC may lead to some better results during assessments as its familiar and easier to "think in code"
UI could use a little more modernized polish but the platform has a great base.

Suraj S.

Simple but powerful

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

I used it for online assessment for a company, which was an real life work simulation for over an hour. It has all the necessary tools builtin to solve problems without leaving the portal except for research purpose.

Pros

Simplicity. It is feature rich yet with the right placement of different components it is very easy to use.

Cons

There was auto completion on code editor that I used.

Response from Woven Teams

Thanks for the review Suraj! We will look to improve the autocompletion for the code editor.

Rodney B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great way to show your skills when applying for a job.

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Pros

The product was easy to use, the coding environment was great.

Cons

Once I completed the evaluation it would have been nice to be able to log back in and look at my answers.

Caleb H.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

I accidentally made an infinite loop, and it didn't break!

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

I accidentally made an infinite loop, and it didn't break. It is robust.

I also liked that I was told exactly how to prepare. It gave me the chance the review some technologies I wasn't as familiar with so I could give a more accurate representation of my work. There were no surprises.

Cons

At one point I found it a little too helpful. I like to have more control over my workflow than it gave me; it was a bit confusing to do things in their order instead of mine.

Response from Woven Teams

Thanks for the feedback Hugo!

Anirwin Y.

Experience using Woven

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Pros

I really liked the interface and the ease of use. I also liked that there was real feedback given to me based on my work and this was really useful for my development.

Cons

During the coding assessment, I did not find any issues with using Woven.

Luis V.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Superb feedback of your assignment

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Pros

* The platform is very intuitive to use
* Test that give you feedback about the code you are writing before submitting
* The feedback provided is outstanding, it is clear they take their time to review your assignment

Cons

* Probably state more clearly some of their expectations

Response from Woven Teams

Thanks for the feedback Luis! We will work on communicating expectations better.

Enrique f A.

Great platform

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

I use Woven to solve some recruitment exercises.

Pros

Excellent platform to accomplish the recruitment process with technical test part. Great feedback, recommended 100%!

Cons

I think maybe including some demo video could be exceptional. And also include references to materials that could help you do better at other times.

Response from Woven Teams

Thanks Enrique! We are working on creating more tools like our prep guide to reduce candidate anxiety and level the playing field for candidates.