Dark Web ID

Threat detection and monitoring for businesses and MSPs

4,1
Mike L.
Company size: Self Employed

Dark Web ID: Dark Web Monitoring and Proactive/Strategic Defense

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Dark Web ID monitoring and Live Data Searches (ad hoc searches of the dark web for a prospective customer's domain credentials) is an extremely effective tool to raise the consciousness and awareness of customers regarding the long term threats exposed by stolen credentials on the dark web which are in turn being sold or published to hackers and then used to attack companies of all sizes and business arenas.

Pros

The key benefit to me as an MSP and as a business owner is that DWID allows me to monitor how my employees (or the employees of my customers (or supply chain) are using their business credentials (email address - which is typically their Network Login UserID + the business domain name, as well as some password that is uncomfortably akin to an actual Network Login Password -- to login to third party websites or accounts. That employee misuse of the company's sensitive security data exposes the company to extreme vulnerability from a variety of attacks.

DWID permits the company to monitor and put an end to this improper use of business (and even personal) credentials by employees and the supply chain as well.

Cons

I've always been concerned about misuse of this technology by MSPs (IDAgent Partners) to scare customers into purchasing not only DWID, but also other MSP security solutions without first fully educating the customer on how best to protect themselves from dark web threats.

Brian H.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best Solution Ever

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Amazing!! Why didn't I do this sooner!!

Pros

Real-time reporting, Partial password reveal, ease to use. Love Bullphish as a training product. This whole solution is a marketing difference maker.

Cons

nothing at this point. Everything has been amazing so far

Aaron S.

You Can Get In, You Just Can't Get Out

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/05/04

The product was fine, the company was terrible.

Pros

The software is easy to use, and is able to tell you when an account has been found out on the dark web.

Cons

The support has been awful. They are great when signing you up, but then if you ever decide to leave, good luck. Calls to our account manager, his boss, the sales department, the support department, and the accounting department go unanswered and unresponded. Emails to the same departments and people never get responded to as well. I've tried to cancel our account back in December, and for 5 straight months they have charged our credit card and not once responded to any of my requests during this time. I have to get American Express to do a chargeback each month which is a real pain.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Liz P.

Dark Web ID is a great tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Pros

It is easy to setup monitoring. When passwords are detected on the Dark Web for our clients, I am notified via email & it creates a ticket in our CRM tool.

It is very user friendly. I don't waste time trying to figure out where everything is online. It is very streamlined.

Cons

No cons I have found about this product.

Eleni L.

Great Team to Work With!

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

We have had a great experience so far!

Pros

They provide great customer service to ensure you get the most out of their product. The team is very willing to help in any way they can and they provide a great library of resources for marketing and explaining the services to our clients.

Cons

We have not experienced any issues at this point.

Matthew G.

Don't go Phishing

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/30

Our experience has not been good. We spent months trying to help their support resolve issues with the product but eventually gave up. They do not want to give a refund, credit or even pause billing until the issues are fixed. I've asked to have our subscription cancelled many times, but once they get their hooks into your cc....look out.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to set up and get going.

Cons

1. No ability to try before you buy
2. The anti-phishing training module "Bullphish ID" is a mess. Emails get blocked by firewalls and browsers. The sending IPs get blacklisted. The emails that do make it through are missing information. This renders it useless
3. We were told that new training content/videos would be released monthly. The existing content is limited and we're not seeing any new content being added.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Kevin M.

Dark Web ID lets me sleep at night

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Really like this product as an added layer as an addition to our overall security plan.

Pros

The ease of use. Anybody can use this product.

Cons

The reports could be a little jazzier. Other than that not many cons.