Meevo 2

End-to-end salon and spa business management

4,1
4,1
3,9
4,3
Natasha noel P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best Software Out There & Getting Better!

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

I've used SO many different online booking programs... Front Desk, Full Slate, Booker, Mindbody, GenBook (just to name a few) and Meevo have been the most reliable so far. Since switching to Meevo, our online booking went from maybe 5 a week to nearly 10 a day. The membership capabilities are awesome and I truly appreciate how much they're improving the software with each update. They listen to ideas from their users and it shows in the product. It is software made by a company that not only understands the industry but also understands the importance of good programming!

Pros

I love the online booking experience for our guests. Booking multiple services, being able to add themselves to the waitlist and even booking for multiple guests is awesome. The capabilities within the membership are unmatched. Being able to swap and transfer packages with ease is amazing!

Cons

I know they're working on adding more features, so I know this is temporary, but I miss having eGift and the very detailed client selection tool that Millennium used to have (now it is a basic marketing export). Also, some of the reports don't always seem very accurate.

Palacia S.
Industry: Individual & Family Services
Company size: Self Employed

Meevo 2 is the Perfect Choice!

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

My overall experience with Meevo 2 have been a great one. Millennium's Technical Support Teams has always provided me with excellent customer service. They are very helpful and friendly. They have handle my concerns and challenges with great solutions in a timely manner. And most importantly, they have kindly work with me in a patient manner, despite my challenges of not being so tech savvy. However, I am now functioning very well with the information and education that they have provided. I am so much more confident when utilizing my new tech skills that I am now willing and able to assist others.

Pros

I love that this software is affordable and very easy to use. It has definitely cut my work load in half and helped me to organize more efficiently. I am able to offer my guest the best options possible by using the appointment scheduler, client intake forms, client profile history, appointment text and email communications, online booking feature, and I am able to do excellent email marketing through the use of their add-on integrations.

Cons

What I think would be a great addition to Meevo 2 is to create a feature that would allow you to forward your pre-scheduled clients appointments for one week, and then reschedule them to the following week in one step. It would make it a lot easier instead of having to reschedule each client individually.

Another great addition would be to create a security feature for online booking that would allow you to verify the email of the user by sending a verification link to the email they have provided to set up their online account, prior to permitting access to online booking. This will provide better protection for your appointment book.

Integrations with other apps work very well, but perhaps additional information in the help section on what not to do and why, may prove to be quite useful. This would decrease the need for further assistance.

Brianna A.
Industry: Hospitality

Neutral

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Overall, because of the price, I am pleased but slightly underwhelmed. I have used another software for nine years, so this is not my first booking software. I expected the reports to be better than what I'm used to, not worse. I'm disappointed that there is no app.

Pros

Price, scheduler, being able to cut, paste & copy. Individualized training.

Cons

Meevo2 needs an app! Mobile is not enough. Convo bar is useless, if you don't type the prompt in exactly as it's supposed to be then nothing will come up. What's the point of having it if you need a list of what you're supposed to type in to get where you want to go? Reports are terrible, not intuitive at all and not helpful even when you do find a report that kind of fits your need. Can't search for reports. No retention report (the most important report there is). Transaction history is confusing. Clients can have positive and negative balances at the same time. I hate that clients can see from your receipt if you change the price of a service. They see what it should have been or would have been. if you have to void a transaction that had a service then it doesn't actually uncheck out the appointment book part. So you have to rebook the appointment to check it out the correct way which makes the payroll skewed. I don't like that you can't check out an appointment from yesterday, that's a problem because you have to rebook the appointment on the current day and the old appointment looks like a no-show. You should at least be able to move the old appointment to the current-day. I would like an appointment view that has each stylists week on one screen instead of having each stylist by day and the whole week displayed. I want to be able to click on the day and see all the stylists just for that day just like I can click on a person's name and see their entire week.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Brenda S.

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

I love that I can collect customer credit card numbers ahead of time and not worry about them. I also love that the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] actually checks facebook posts and comments on them. My overall experience has been really awesome. Thank you Meevo-2 Team!!!

Pros

I love everything about this software. You can customize everything to what YOU need. The customer service and education is AMAZING!! I've been to their annual Business Mastery twice and the experience and motivation is great. Almost every month they are doing webinars which are about an hour and full of great new additions. They are constantly asking us what our needs are and most of the time they can accomplish it. I'm very HAPPY with the software. And it's simple so if you don't want to take advantage of everything you do not need too.

Cons

Unfortunately they couldn't merge my information from my old system, but that is ok. I just refer back to the other if I need to. Since this program can be customized to you, sometimes that is hard because you may not know what you need or want. I believe they have updated that since I came aboard and added the basics to make it user friendly.

Kristina M.
Industry: Retail

Meevo2 in a MUST HAVE for salon owners!

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Pros

I've used Meevo2 in my salon for years and couldn't be happier with it! I’m a huge fan of the reports, goal setting, easy to use interface, accessibility on different devices, unlimited support, waitlist, online booking, and automated confirmations.

Cons

Onboarding and set up with time-consuming. However, I'm thankful for the personal support from the onboarding team and the customization I was able to create.

Mo P.

Best in the Business

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Support is very important, and Meevo 2 has great support. They are prompt to return our calls, work on closing tickets quickly, and can even remotely log in to your POS system so they can help in real-time.

Pros

This software is very user-friendly, allowing just about anyone to quickly learn how to use and check-out clients.

Cons

It is a new software and they are adding more features as time goes by. But what they have is essential.

Michelle L.

Meevo 2 - A Work in Progress

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

- The software is fully internet based and didn't require specific equipment.
- It promised better features from a franchise point of view

Cons

- We were one of the first companies on board and the regular updates and releases caused a lot of confusion and a lot of problems for us. The updates didn't come with details on what was changed or how. And if we had all our settings in place and those settings were involved in an update, everything was changed around (ie things that were "on" prior to the update, were turned "off" during the update). However we were never notified and had to find out what had changed when we ran into problems. This caused confusion not only for us, but for our franchisees and guests.
- The reporting is flawed. We have spent hours upon hours on the phone with support, development, management, etc trying to help correct the reporting issues. To date we still don't have a sales or accounting report that we can rely on to provide accurate data. Everything requires a supporting report and/or manual calculations.
- The support team is difficult to utilize as you aren't assigned a specific support contact therefore you're constantly explaining the same thing(s) over and over again when you call in to obtain a status, start a new support ticket, etc.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Michael M.

Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Pros

Pro: Being able to login in on any device.

Cons

Cons: Not having warehousing. Also no manual Merge

Ashley T.
Industry: Cosmetics

Waiting for all features to work

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Pros

Desktop and tablet friendly. Once all bugs are out I hope to have a more efficient software.

Cons

There is always a bug. There are too many steps or reports you have to run in order to get what you are looking for. Some reports require 30 mins or overnight to update. I don't think it was ready to be released.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Pam T.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Meevo 2 not user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Solid for scheduling appointments and managing money.

Pros

Front end functions are solid for what is needed.

Cons

Backend reports are siloed and require manually processing to put together standard data needed to do accounting. Security set up is over engineered and needs to be simplified. Certain data needed is not available on existing reports. Lack of ability for ad hoc reporting.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Angela S.
Industry: Cosmetics

Great software, needs some fundamental upgrades

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Benefits are online booking, storing credit cards with our cancellation policy and it’s keeping clients committed to there appointment or they cancel with advance notice. We love all the notifications clients get, the option to opt in or out of text messages.

Pros

The intricacy of options and ability to manipulate appointment timing and service, service providers, extensive options for a lot of different things. Also love the reports. I do deeply wish it will be made into an app and not a link. I believe the functionality of an app would be a lot faster and and stronger when using a phone.

Cons

It lacks a few functions. It’s compatible with iPad but can be very slow. Definitely works better on desktop however, our business does not utilize a receptionist and we like to keep everything mobile.
When launching, you can upload a client list but only one time per-launch. When I opened I was alone for the first 3 months, when I onboarded my next two stylists I was not able to upload there client list. A feature other salon softwares at any time. So now we are not able to track who is new to the salon because all clients are being added as new. The features for classifying what type of client is also not broad. There is only “walk-in or request or redo”. There should be an option for “New” meaning new to the salon, not a walk in and there should also be “new request” these are all important categories to track where clients are coming from to make predictions. The biggest shortfall is when a client cancels online, it does not notify the salon. We have to visually be on top of checking for the square color. There are so many notification options there should definitely be an email notification at least to notify the salon or employee that was booked. Lastly, the client email list is only for the last 90 days. When downloading a client list, it would be great if we could have the whole history not 90 days. We have clients that don’t come in as frequently as 90 days and they will miss our emails.

Christina G.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Numbers

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

It has been good so far. I really like how I can use a software from any computer or phone so that makes it very convenient. I like how easy it is for our customers to use the online booking in to get the reminders about their appointments.

Pros

I really like the ability to track numbers on the software program. You can take appointments on paper and write down prices on paper but paper is not going to give you percentages and goals and keep up with it. Paper will not show you where you’re at from one month to the next with the click of a button. Paper also not allow you to remind your customers automatically about their appointments or allow them to book their own appointments online.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to edit a transaction after it’s finalized. Some of the other service providers make mistakes while I’m not at work and I cannot edit them without doing a refund and changing it to the proper stylist.

Tiffany S.

Meevo 2

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

I like that Meevo 2 is easy to learn and use. I feel like most of the training videos are not needed and just simply playing with the site helps learn most of the functions. The reminders and confirmation system is great and I like that you can choose what you want to send based on your clients preferences.

Cons

-When a clients wants to cancel there should be a function that sends the stylist an email or texts the the client wants to cancel. You shouldn't have to check the main page everyday.

-The no show fee system should be tweaked and instead of leaving a credit on the clients account there should be a way to leave a negative amount showing that they need to pay a fee. Also, i'm not sure if this is a function but if it isn't then when clients book online there should be a mandatory setting that makes clients leave there credit card on file so you can charge the card if the clients never decides to come back.

-The note section is kind of a mess. I haven't been able to find out how to read a full note if a client books online and sends one to the stylist. I feel like the system should also send an email if someone leaves a note that way they see it before the day of the clients appointment.

-When booking online the system only searches 2 weeks out when clients select "search of next available service". This needs to either be reworded or actually search for the next available. Most high volume salons, like mine book months in advance so 2 weeks is kind of pointless and is confusing for the client.

-The system should also allow for more time before it logs you out. Right now the max time is 1 hour. Most haircuts are 1 hour and if the salon doesn't have a receptionist then it becomes time consuming to have to log back in every time.

Derek B.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Meevo 2 in Today's Salon/Spa World

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Overall Meevo 2 is working great for our business, we have tried several other operating systems, and Meevo 2 meets the majority of our business concerns.

Pros

-Very user friendly!
-Modern looking!
-Web based, So it can be accessed anywhere!
-Mobile Friendly
-Online booking
-Inventory Management

Cons

-Sometimes it lags, and takes longer to load than desirable, while I originally thought this was just a poor internet connection, it proved not to be.
- Missing some minor features that would be beneficial for my business, such as not being able to edit a ticket's payment after the day was closed.

Allison M.

Meevo 2 was an easy switch

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

A benefit we are seeing is having the daily service totals and monthly product sales easily available to us pushes us to make more sales and surpass goals that are calculated for us.

Pros

The software is much more to the point than others. Having it available through web browser instead of strictly computer has really helped us while booking clients outside of the salon. Also, everyone having their own profiles and goal centers really pushes our stylists to sell and bring in clients more frequently.

Cons

I do some times have a hard time with inventory counts. Some times I need to deduct a product here or there for personal use, and it can get confusing just taking one product out of the inventory count.

John N.
Industry: Cosmetics

Meevo 2 is a fantastic product that will help define the next generation of salon apps.

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

First, huge cost savings with MORE features instead of less. Beautiful interface, very snappy performance. Extremely customizable and fantastic reporting capabilities.

Pros

Overall, the Meevo2 user experience is great. The software can be customized to behave however you want, with in-depth settings for user security roles, appointment booking preferences, product and services groups, etc.

You want your Level 1 stylists to be bookable online, but only for Blowouts, except for someone who also does haircuts, but takes longer than a standard level 1 haircut and is slightly cheaper? There are settings for that.

There are comprehensive training videos to walk you through every aspect of configuring and using the system. You're also paired up with a customer success specialist who helps with getting you set up. Ours was *extremely* knowledgeable about Meevo2 and knew the answer anytime we had a question.

The system looks gorgeous (especially once you have your Smart Center tiles set up) and is very snappy and responsive.

Meevo2 also runs on iPhone and is just as quick and beautiful as on a desktop computer. No need for an extra app, and the mobile version seems to have all the features of the desktop site.

EMV credit card reader support is fully integrated from MX915. Meevo handles the pass off to get tip amount, client signature, etc. It's a very smooth process.

Cons

The software launched recently (early 2018). There might be some glitches especially as new features roll out. We haven't run into anything, but it's good to be aware.

When moving from another system, it's likely you won't be able to bring all your data. We were able to bring all of our client names and information, but not service history. We got around this by storing service history as client visit notes.

It takes a while to set everything up, because it is so configurable. It doesn't have defaults, which means there's no "Quick Start". You need to set up your Service Categories, Services, Employee Templates, Security Roles, Employee Categories, Manufacturers, Product Categories, etc etc.

Jamison C.
Industry: Retail

Meevo 2 is a total game changer for any industry!

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

As a single location, 50-chair salon we have exercised many new practices due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19. Meevo 2 has allowed us to be nimble in making some pretty significant changes in a short amount of time.
For instance, we are now practicing a completely contactless check out experience by securely storing our guests' credit card information on file.
We are also sending out automatic and digital liability waivers to all patrons through the docs & forms add-on in the program.
I can't say enough great things about Meevo 2!

Pros

I've been told by numerous users in our company that Meevo 2 is so "intuitive," "easy to navigate," "simple yet robust," and "functional beyond my dreams."
We were using Millennium, a server based system, previously so when we were given the option to switch to Meevo in the cloud, naturally I was hesitant. Now I'm kicking myself for not switching sooner!

Cons

I've spent the last 3 months taking a nose dive into every square inch of the program.
After all of my testing and poking around I've yet to find anything that I dislike about the program.
If you were to find something, the team at MSI is attentive and receptive to feedback.
Not only are they good listeners, but they also take swift action to implement changes for their customers.

Jenny B.
Industry: Higher Education

Call and Talk to Meevo2 Reps & ask them questions. How can meevo 2 work for your buisness?

Reviewed on 2020/06/06

Great! They took everything from 2008 Millennium and made it better in Meevo 2. The IT support team is incredible. The best part is they truly understand Business on the Go, not everyone can sit behind a desk to complete what they need to do for their business. I appreciate how flexible and supportive Meevo 2 is.

Pros

The company listens. I started using the 2008 Millennium in 2011 and last year the school I work for switched to Meevo 2. It is not just about what meevo 2 has to offer, its how they have created Meevo 2 in a way that you can mold your business into their software and set it up set by step to how you need it to function best. Plus Meevo 2 is there to support you and walk you through every step of the way. Setting up, launching and and continued use. This is coming from 9 years using their software.

Cons

Actually each time there is a feature the school i work for wishes to be changed we contact Meevo 2 about it. They are very good at keeping on top of their updates and actually listening to the client requests. Amazing Developers who care!

Tammy H.

Great Interface for Ease of Use

Reviewed on 2019/07/05

Our overall switch to Meevo 2 was as easy as it could have been. Change is nevery easy and and it is a process! However, we are very glad we did it. Our integration specialist did an excellent job of being available to help along the way. Customer support availability has improved dramatically over the last year. We are looking forward to sticking with Meevo 2 for many years.

Pros

There are many aspects we really appreciate with this software compared to others we've used. The interface is very sleek and makes it easy for a beginner to begin scheduling appointments and checking out clients. The more advanced features in the program are pretty simplified but give me most of the information than I need on a daily/monthly basis. I use a couple of the integrations that are very helpful.

Cons

If you are making a swich, do your homework! Take an extensive look at the features in your current software that you use on a daily/monthly basis and see if Meevo 2 is a good fit. We have had some failings in this area. However, Meevo 2 is constantly making updates that are addressing some of the things that are important to me and the front desk staff. Overall, we are very happy we have made the change to Meevo 2.

Genome S.

Salon & Spa Software

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

With change, there is always a lot of learning to do, but so far I have been able to figure out what I need or call support to assist.

Pros

Switching from their desktop platform to their cloud platform has been great. It has allowed me to easily log in to assist users as well as to remotely pull the data I need without interrupting the front desk.

Cons

MR040 report from Millennium is not in Meevo2, but I am working around that. The user guide is helpful, but it is not as organized as I would have liked.

Jenny B.

Easiest conversion

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

I love that Meevo 2 is cloud-based and that I can access it from literally anywhere on my laptop, iPad or phone. And the user faced website is super easy to use no matter which device I’m using. I used Millennium for over 8 years and was worried that I was going to struggle getting used to Meevo 2, especially during the stress of the pandemic, but I am more than happy and grateful that it was an incredibly easy conversion, and very straight forward and easy to learn.

Pros

It’s very user friendly, easy to navigate and simple but has everything I need to run my business smoothly and confidently. I love how easy everyone made it for me to switch over from Millennium even during the craziness of our state mandated shut down.

Cons

One thing that was a little frustrating was that my previous credit card processing machine that I had integrated with Millennium wasn’t able to be reconfigured to work with Meevo2, even though I ended up buying the same exact machine. After speaking with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and a few others within the Millennium network they explained why this wasn’t possible and I felt much better after I understood why.

Kara L.

Great salon software!

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

Very easy to use and easy to customize. The help manual is well written and easy to follow. There is a lot of freedom in the software but not so much freedom it takes too long to install, implement, or incorporate. You can use almost out of the box or make it your own.

Cons

The items you desire are not always located in the most intuitive of places. The back button takes you completely out of the section you are in; you must remember to hit the "x" rather than say to go back. While the conversation bar is really neat tool, you must enter the words exactly as it expects.

Alissa J.

Salon

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Overall we are some what satisfied.

Pros

What I like about meevo 2 is being able to do things remotely. I can check daily sales, bookings and make appointments from anywhere. I like the live chat feature

Cons

The thing I like the least is how many layers there are to get to what I’m looking for. The search bar doesn’t always recognize what I am looking for. I’d like to have reports that are more detailed for individual stylists. I’d like to have a live texting feature as well as text marketing. There are features I liked with millennium and features I preferred from a different system.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Michelle S.

Meevo fan!

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

We are able to communicate with our guests in an expedient way, provide them fast service and maintain historical data. This helps us with predictability for business sustainability. Very robust platform but not complicated.

Pros

Ease of use and embedded training within the software including the walk thru capability. This POS software not only manages all segments of our guest transactions and inventory but also supports our business growth with reporting tools and metrics. Also allows our staff to view the information they need for success, inside and outside the business location. Security is great, reports are clear and valid, the customer support is 5 star! Follow up is superior. All key areas are covered such as Inventory, appointments and scheduling, reporting, confirmations, 2 way texting, egift, marketing, integrated credit card processing and all the bells and whistles of automation with automated digital intake forms, check in kiosk, etc. They also listen and engage their customers for growth and evolution of the platform.

Cons

The marketing filters are not as robust But this has improved 100% with every update!

Sharon B.

Thankful for meevo

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

There is no other software better then meevo !!!

Pros

I live 40 min away for the salon having the ability to log in from any location and see reports book appointments or create a sale is a game changer

Especially right now durning covid closures when The salon is closed I’m still able to retail from home and access vital reports

Cons

I with the reports were listed by employee name not job title

I wish meevo was connected to payment processor, online store and quickbooks in Canada. That would make things so much better

Oh tech support is amazing once you get to someone but being on hold for long periods if time then told you need to stay on the phone while they work our issues is not ideal for salons. Thankfully we rarely need to call them