Filmora

Video editing software for marketing businesses

jhn
jhn

Filmora

Reviewed on 2021/12/23

Filmora has really helped me in doing quality video editing and making lyrics

Filmora has really helped me in doing quality video editing and making lyrics

Pros

It enables its users to perform quality video editing besides combining audios with videos and pictures besides it also helps it making lyrics

Cons

Some features requires connection to the internet.

VEGAS Pro

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

It easy to use and it offers quality video editing
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Good to have video editing tool for quick effects for social media

Reviewed on 2022/05/31

Overall, this video editing tool solves my big problem for rendering lots of reels. No lagging while previewing as they use proxy videos. I can easily render larger videos that is more than 10 mins faster. Anyone who is not much experienced with video editing can easily access and learn every feature and start in no time.

Pros

I am using this to create Instagram reels and this tool consist of cool effects that will make my videos transition more beautiful and attractive with just one click.

Also, I loved their auto proxy video replacement that need to be done manually in other native apps like adobe. I really liked the user interface that is straightforward and takes no time to learn it.

Cons

I agree that this tool is not fully fledged video editing software but still they need to provide cloud access or at least provide free and open media that anyone can use inside application itself instead of uploading from outside.

And I will be happy to use it if they allow tabs or multiple windows to work on when one video is rendering, this reduces time for editing multiple videos.

Canva

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Adobe premiere pro have lots of features to edit high end videos but it consumes same amount of ram for small videos too that makes my small videos take same amount of time. To reduce that rendering time I have switched to Filmora.

Rajesh
Rajesh
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

good video editor but the older version was best

Reviewed on 2021/02/22

although filmora is always my first choice always but i really wish if they can make it as cool as it was in the old version .

Pros

filmora go (android ) version is a video editor i am using from a long time . its 2nd video editor I used in my life first was power director.
lets begin with pros :-
1) available free on the play store for android (for some pro feature you need to buy it )
2) easy and handy even on a smartphone of less RAM it can work very good and will give you features like adding voice over and some stock free music which is not available in other video editor app .
3)a best feature it have is to choose the format of video as well as choose a background for it if you are using video format which have blank background this feature i have not seen in any of video editor .
4)the news updated version let you allow have your customized watermark easily on whole video by just tapping customized watermark option .

Cons

news version of the mobile app is not as good as it was earlier they made major changes due to so many user shifted from filmora to any other video editor some of them are :-
1) they added filmora watermark which mean you will have pay to remove that watermark of video .
2) whenever i produce any video in filmora their is somewhat change in the color tone of video quality most of the time produced video seem to be yellowish in color tone don't know hat can be reason for the same .
3) you have a limit of how much photographs you are using in the video it is something 30 photographs ne time . it means if you are making video of 40 photographs you have to produce 2 video and then join them .
4)limited number of subtitle
5) you cant write subtitle in Hindi language .

Mohammad
Mohammad
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Good for beginners

Reviewed on 2024/01/02

I use filmora for basic quick edits and I find it easy to use.

I use filmora for basic quick edits and I find it easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use especially if you're a beginner video editor or a social media content creator, good AI features, covers most of primary editing needs. Has a good stock media library, doesn't consume a lot of RAM.

Cons

Limited when it comes to image editing, and I always face an issue when I remove a clip from the timeline the rest of the clips gets misplaced, hard to move objects on the preview window.

Response from Wondershare

Thanks for your love of Filmora. Regarding the image editing problem you are encountering, you may turn off the "auto-ripple" feature (at the left upper corner of the timeline, which looks like a chain) to have a try.

If the issue persists, would you please record a video to show how it happens step and step and send it to [email protected]? Our technical support will help you out in a targeted manner.

Anouar

A very nice and simple program, Filmora, is suitable for everyone

Reviewed on 2023/03/12

My experience is beautiful and I recommend it to anyone who is a beginner, easy and simple. All devices do not require high specifications.

Pros

Extracting the video is simple in several formats He shows you even how many MB or GB in size before extracting the video. You can share it on YouTube directly and extract the video in several formats. Beautiful sound effects if it is not enough to carry it. It has transition effects in a beautiful and distinctive video.Yes, it is easy to use, at the beginning it is a little difficult, but with the continuity of experience it will be easy, and the program works on all computers, even weak computers, and a beautiful design, all versions and types of Filmorathe prices :Suitable and cheap, it gives you a 7-day trial before choosing a plan. Each plan has its own advantagesPlus These are limited features so you knowCreative Assets Pro-Quality Visual Effects Template PresetsPortrait Matting Effects Filmora Cloud Storage ServiceFilmora Cloud Storage Minutes of Speech-To-Text

Cons

The program has flaws, but development is underway and it will improve more and more. An excellent program, according to my experience and according to many people in the worldWhat matters is its shortcomingsIt does not have full comprehensive featuresIn the first plan, only $ 49.99 is supported for Windows, in the opinion of why it is not in the Mac, Android and iPhone systemThey will bring in multiple customersThere is no payment in installments. There are people who can pay in installments that I know personally, despite a special price

Timothy
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Filmora Video Editing Software: Create Pro-Level Videos with ease

Reviewed on 2022/09/11

I love Filmora. It is the perfect fit for me. I make simple yet professional social media videos with it, and for me and most everyday people, that is enough.

Pros

1. Video editing - it allows you to edit videos by adding effects, transitions, and titles.

2. Audio editing - it lets you adjust audio levels and add background music for your video.

3. Motion graphics - this feature allows you to create custom animations with the help of the built-in templates and assets library.

4. 3D animation - this feature enables users to animate their videos by using 3D objects and backgrounds from the library or importing their own 3D models into Filmora's interface.

Cons

I only have one thing I am a bit disappointed about, and that is the price. They have a tier system like many companies for their templates, effects, audio library, etc; the free, standard, and premium options. I use it for free and always have. However, since the premium and standard have some top-shelf stuff, the cost can add up after a while, so I avoid it and do just fine.

Mashudu Hilary

Make a great quality video with Filmora

Reviewed on 2022/06/24

I use Filmora for both home videos and content which I create professionally for my gigs when freelancing. There is plenty of functionality to choose from and the possibilities of what I can do with my videos are endless. Filmora has made video editing a breeze, I can do it myself and I don't have to break the bank while I'm at it. I have so much control with Filmora.

Pros

Almost every single tool that I need to make a quality video, I am sure to find on Filmora. To start with, I like how it is very easy to import media from the device to the software for editing. I am able to add any audio or image to my video and sync them perfectly. I can combine or split different videos and I love how I can fade in or fade out audio. There is a myriad of transitions, tittles and subtitles which I can customize by applying and changing fonts or colors and I can also animate the same. It offers a wide range of effects which I can preview before applying making it easy for me to pick just the right one. Furthermore, I can add a custom logo, add text and animation which makes it more exciting. I found that texts are customizable by the use of colour grading tools for perfect matching and this makes my videos look more fun. Lastly, there are many options under which I can file my project.

Cons

In as much as there are a lot of video/picture editing features, I found the audio editing features to be a bit limited. It is also a bit difficult to access media which is uploaded to the cloud. I would say Filmora is easy to use however in my case I had to watch a few tutorials before I could start editing. Nevertheless, I was able to grasp the concept. Lastly, I have encountered an issue where the software lags or crashes and in the process takes away precious work and time put into it.

Powerful Video Editing For Most Levels

Reviewed on 2021/02/13

I found it to be really good, especially for the price. Able to use and output various resolutions, codecs and formats. Has some mid-range to advanced features. Has more functionality and customisable elements than iMovie or Animoto, but doesn't cost as much anywhere near as much as Premiere Pro or other 'Pro' solutions.

Pros

Relatively easy to learn. Plenty of functionality and features to suit most needs. Delivers Pretty Good Results. Price of a perpetual license was very attractive.

Cons

I found the interface a bit clunky at times. The software crashed a few times unexpectedly. Creating titles and transitions seemed to take longer than necessary and the bundled title templates were limited for my uses.

Animoto

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Needed more functionality that iMovie didn't have. Wondershare offers very good pricing options.

iMovie

Price and hardware requirements

Perfect for getting started with video editing

Reviewed on 2022/05/16

I use it everyday and make YouTube videos for my clients. easy to create eye catching videos.

Pros

It's like easy! just drop some video and photos and put a music under it and DONE! you have your video. It has a good amount of transitions and video effects. Some solid colors and objects that you may use. The export quality is fantastic.

Cons

The editing part is a bit weird, it's like you are driving in UK, I'm not sure why they chose to reverse clipping and cutting videos. Most of the time I have to focus on not screwing up the video timeline but accidently deleting or editing a clip. I hope they change it to a more universal editing mode.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Filmora Regular Usage Review

Reviewed on 2022/05/13

My Overall experience with filmora was amazing.

My Overall experience with filmora was amazing.

Pros

I love the software's advancedness with video editing, there is nothing less than the top of what you can do with filmora for the fantastic availability.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is that it is not that simple to understand off the bat, but after a while it is gettable.

Azzahra
  • Industry: Animation

Filmora editing software that is easy to understand and use at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 2022/11/07

I have tried several simple and professional video editing software, I feel that Filmora has more than enough capabilities and fulfills the need for daily video editing with easy-to-use functions, this is one of the reasons why I continue to use it now.

Pros

The number of templates is a plus over editing software, you can save a lot of time working on a project, the application does not require high computer specifications and you can edit a video with satisfactory results.

Cons

I don't want to call it I DON'T LIKE, I bought Filmora on 2017-09-21, I understand that software takes time for research and development while receiving input from users, from time to time I see Filmora has made many improvements to the functions of editing software, for now, one of my needs that have not been met is "perspective view", I hope for future updates this will be taken into consideration.

Majeed Mohammed

Packed with very great features

Reviewed on 2021/10/27

Filmora is a very wonderful video editing software. What I find most useful about Filmora is that it has found a very practical great middle-ground niche -- which is that it has fairly advanced features that make it very versatile and useful, but not too sophisticated to require a high learning curve and significant skill to master.

Pros

The set of features on offer is truly amazing for such an easy-to-learn software. I particularly found their pre-made 3D LUTS and video stabilization functions surprisingly effective and easier to execute that in other more sophisticated video editing software I had used in the past.

Cons

The text options can be expanded to provide much more variety than is currently available. Editing big content can also be a bit laggy at times.

Ahmad
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Filmora (Hands Down most easy to use Video Editor)

Reviewed on 2022/07/15

Before using Filmora we were having trouble creating small infomercials about our products but those problems are completely taken care of by this Amazing value for money software.

Pros

With it's simple-looking interface Filmora is extremely Easy To Use with all the Great Basic And Intermediate Features one would expect from a great Video Editor. Lifetime Price of this software is also very reasonable as compare to other options. It offers faster rendering Of videos and also supports Screen Recording which we often do at our company.

Cons

There are not many aspects which i don't like about Filmora its Free Version Contains Watermarks which can be a hassle but the paid versions work as smoothly as any other video editing software out there.

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

The Pricing, overall UI and ease of using Filmora made us go with Filmora.
Hope

Filmora Review

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Very bad. I didnt like it

Very bad. I didnt like it

Pros

Love the fact that its timeline is easy to use
Love it because it has more effects and presets which are also quite easy to use than what I was using before

Cons

I hate Filmora because it hangs very much which makes it hard for me to work with it because of my many projects which sometimes are urgent
Filmora does not have the synchronize feature so that I can use when producing my music
Filmora is not very consistent when arranging videos' in the timeline,you cannot rely on especially when making long videos' with many videos' and transitions

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My Filmora Experience

Reviewed on 2023/01/15

Overall, Great App to edit and merge your videos, audio, and media with too many features and filters to be used to add a creative touch to your work.

Pros

The most thing I liked with my experience is the ease of use while editing or merging my videos and the flexibility to add more Audio tracks or animation and filters which is being converted into a new amazing video

Cons

My only personal concern with Filmora is that the app needs a high-performance PC to work smoothly while exporting my videos

Final Cut Pro

Response from Wondershare

Thanks for taking the time to write your experience. We can totally understand your pain when the software didn't run in the way you expected. Filmora team always values customers' user experience and we are always aiming at improving the performance and features of this software. So we hope to have an opportunity to help you solve all of the problems you are encountering and clarify the unauthorized payments further.

The problem you encountered not only depends on the size, and length of the source video you are editing but also depends on the project settings. What's more, it will be affected by the performance of your computer as well. Based on this, you may try to check if the below steps help:

--Lower the output settings, especially the output bit rate
--Close other unnecessary software running backstage
--Enable the GPU option on the export page

If the issue persists, we invite you to report them with more details via the link https://www.wondershare.com/about/contact-us.html and we are more than happy to help!

Alexander Jex
  • Industry: Animation

Filmora best and fastest video editing software to use

Reviewed on 2023/08/03

I think filmora is one of the best and easiest video editing softwares I've ever used because it has more advantages than disadvantages, for every problem I've ever came across I was able to find solution to it online

Pros

Filmora provides valuable and easy tutorials Inside the software and on YouTube it doesn't take ages to learn as it has a user friendly interface

Cons

Filmora X crashes on some old graphics card like Nvidia GeForce GTX 710 sometimes it works well but it's not fully reliable how ever filmora has best bug fixes so crashing won't be much of a big issue for so long.

Response from Wondershare

Thanks for your love of Filmora, and we are glad to hear that the tutorials we provided help you a lot. Back to the crash issue you might encounter with some old graphics, we'd like to say the performance not only depends on the size and length of the source video you are editing but also on the project settings. Meanwhile, it will be affected by the performance of your computer as well. Based on this, here are some suggestions you may try to check if they help first:

1. Go to "Wondershare Filmora-->Preferences-->Performance" to enable the GPU options first and then restart Filmora.
2. Please delete other unnecessary files and close unnecessary apps during editing to improve more space for our Filmora.
3. Update Filmora to the latest version.

If the issue persists, you may drop an email at [email protected]. Our technical team will collect more details to provide professional instructions for you accurately.

Frederico
  • Industry: Design

Anyone edit videos with this software!

Reviewed on 2022/04/25

Pros

After I discovered this software, I never looked for another video editor again. Anyone without technical knowledge can use it. You can take audio in and out, cut and insert videos or images and subtitles in various layers of the timeline and it provides libraries of amazing visual effects. Anyone looking for an affordable solution, this is the way to go and it's worth it. Just download the free trial version. There are also several tutorials on youtube that teach you how easy it is to work with it.

Cons

I've been using this software for a while and so far I haven't had any negative experience or anything I say that might make it difficult to use. I think it's an excellent product even compared to other premium editors on the market.

Luca
Luca

Filmora is the "cheap" version of the most advanced video editing software

Reviewed on 2021/03/27

I basically went for Filmora because we couldn't afford to change the computer and so I'm quite grateful to Filmora for that, although I can't say it's the best video editing software on the market... it does its job!
(clearly not for super-professional users.. but I guess no real PRO are considering moving to FIlmora)

Pros

Using Filmora is quite simple and intuitive. We started by testing Filmora9 and then, having determined that it was right for us, we moved on to FilmoraPro. In reality, they are two completely different programs: the Pro is definitely a more complete and complex program to use, so at the beginning, the learning curve was steeper than expected, but in a few hours of testing and following online video trials we managed to master its main functions!

What I did like the most is that it doesn't require a super-advanced Pc to run quite well (not perfectly, but good enough): with an old MacBook Air with i7 and 8Gb of RAM Filmora works!

Cons

The main problem we had with Filmora is that it crashes often... but I guess this is also due to the machine (the MacBook Air) not very powerful! And anyway, this problem is common with most video editing software!

And another aspect to point out is that it generates an incredibly huge Cache file, so it fills up 200Gb of HD in a few hours of work, especially while exporting...

Oh, the last thing: because it needs to be logged in to allow you to export without the "watermark" you'll always need to connect the Pc to the internet before exporting...

John Erriz
John Erriz

Most Convenient tools for beginners to professionals when it comes to Video Editing

Reviewed on 2023/02/17

overall, I like filmora. I've been using it for almost a year now. It improves my viewers in youtube and tiktok

Pros

I like Filmora because it's very convenient, I like their pre-templated designs, split screens, and titles, Color grading is not that too complex compared to others.

Cons

they said before that their plans are lifetime, but suddenly they took it and change it to a perpetual plan, we can't update to a later version unless we pay an additional fee, and I don't like that. It's expensive

Response from Wondershare

Hi John. Thanks for your love of this software. I understand your confusion about our license policy, and we'd like to explain it in more detail and then assist you further.

The current Filmora 12 is an amazing new version with AI-related features bringing the tool to a new level. For such versions to launch, it requires our company to invest huge efforts, time, and technicians in the research and development of software. That is why we specified in our license policy that users who have a perpetual license might be charged for a major upgrade. However, users who own a lifetime plan since Filmora9 or an older version can upgrade to the latest version for free.

Or if ever you have any other inquiries or concerns, our lines are always open for you 24/7. You may also drop an email at [email protected]. It's our priority to continue providing top-notch service for you!

Anthony
Anthony
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Don't Buy: They keep stealing your money

Reviewed on 2023/12/17

Pros

It only steals my money once a year or so.

Cons

This is how they continuously steal money from me:

1) "An updated version of Filmora is available, would you like to install it?"
2) I click yes. It installs.
3) I spend many hours making a project. Then when I go to export it...
4) "You are using the free version of this updated software. Would you like to export with watermark, or purchase the watermark-free version?"
5) I click neither, and opt to go back to the previous version of Filmora that I had already purchased.
6) The project that I spent many hours working will not open in the previous version.

Thus, I have to choose between paying for the new version, exporting with a watermark, or starting the project all over again. I fell for this once, forgot about it, then fell for it again today. I am sadly paying for yet another update of Filmora that I don't necessarily want, but am forced to pay for lest I lose many hours of work. They won't fool me again. Even though I purchased their latest update today, I'm immediately deleting the program and never using it again.

Response from Wondershare

We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with the Filmora upgrade. I'd like to address your concerns one by one, hopefully, it will help you.

There are some effects, resources, and features that are updated on version 13, this is the reason that the project created in 13 couldn't be opened in an older version. You may contact the Filmora team to request a temporary license to export your current project and then edit new projects on the version 12 you purchased.

The current Filmora 13 is an amazing new version with AI-related features bringing the tool to a new level. That is why we specified in our license policy that users who have a perpetual license might be charged for a major upgrade. However, users who own a lifetime plan since Filmora9 or an older version can upgrade to the latest version for free. Please drop an email at [email protected] if you need assistance further. Thank you!

David

Waste of time and money!

Reviewed on 2023/10/08

I bought and downloaded Filmora12 for my PC. The program immediately and constantly began crashing. It is unusable. I tried to contact the customer service, but it is impossible via their webpage. I was forced to leave negative comments via their Facebook page to get any attention. They responded by asking for my email. They continued to give me the run-around via email instead of providing a refund. What was supposed to be a long weekend full of productivity has been reduced to wasted time and money due to Wondershare/Filmora. Overall, extremely horrible experience due to a bad product and horrible service!

Pros

Was supposed to be my chief video editing program. Layout looks good and the feature list is great.

Cons

Does not work. Immediately began crashing.feature list does not matter when it isn't usable.Customer service is impossible to contact.Company does not care about the customers and will only give you the run-around.

Response from Wondershare

We apologize for any difficulties you may have experienced in reaching our customer service team. We understand the frustration that can come with not being able to reach a representative, and we are committed to addressing this issue as quickly as possible. Please know that we are actively working to improve our customer service processes to ensure that we can assist all customers in a timely manner.

Filmora team always values customers' user experience and we are always aiming at improving the performance and features of this software. So, would you please report the crash issue you encountering with more details at [email protected]? Our product team can improve it in a more targeted manner. Thanks a lot for your time and patience!

Hanseny
Hanseny
  • Industry: Media Production

Best software for video editing for the price

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

I have a new editor in my team and he didn't know this software the first day and that first day he did a 10 hours work , in like 2 to three hours. This software is so intuitive and simple to use.

Pros

Elegant, simple and effective interface for a video editing software. The best feature is the price. The second best feature is the easy way to use all the features.

Cons

Watermark on the free version. But it's a must on a software as good as this one. But other than that there’s no much that I can mention regards to the least I like.

Mamadou
Mamadou

Great video editing software

Reviewed on 2022/06/23

The ease with which high quality video can be produced is something I really like.

Pros

I like that filmora is well made, has a customized model, and can be used however the user sees fit. A video montage service that uses slide-and-place is quite simple. The interface is incredibly simple to use.

Cons

Some features, such color correction, fall short of expectations. We must complete it using a different piece of software before moving on to Filmora. Additionally, there aren't enough options for audio editing.

Faith

Simple and Easy Video editor

Reviewed on 2023/08/28

Wondershare filmora helps me personally in editing videos for instagram reels and I published almost 40+ youtube videos using Wondershare filmora. It also helps our organisation in editing videos for advertisement purpose. Overall it is best software for video editing.

Pros

Wondershare Filmora is simple and easy to use. It provide wide range of Effects, impressive transitions and others features which make my video creative and effective.

Cons

Only one thing i dont like about wondershare filmora is that it provide limited text option. The text option can be expanded to provide much more variety than currently available.

Response from Wondershare

Really thanks for taking the time to write a great review about the friendliness, efficiency, and performance of Filmora. We are so excited to hear that you love this software so much. It is your feedback like this to help us constantly improve our product by knowing what we are doing right and what we can work on. We greatly value your feedback and will be sure to pass it on to all involved.

Lervyn

Filmora Review

Reviewed on 2021/06/27

As a student, filmora really helped me in editing school projects. It made it easier for me to edit videos at a faster pace. Most of the editing softwares are complicated. But with this, it is easy to understand eventhough there is not much of tutorial videos. The elements and titles are very creative and convenient to use.

Pros

The software is efficient, cohesive and entails a lot of advanced features. This is really great for students since the application saves time and effort because of its amazing features. Will also recommend it for fast editing because filmora makes it easier for you to edit clips and place elements at a faster pace. Unlike with other softwares, you need to do everything manually. Consequently, it has a variety of export options. Filmora is the most practical editing software out there.

Cons

The free trial version of this software obtains a watermark and it is a bit annoying. Also, new effects are only for the paid version. If you did not pay, you cannot unlock those features. There is no video effect for the software. Tutorial videos are also limited. Lastly, there is no one time payment option.