Showing 66 reviews of 55

Freedom

Multi-level marketing software for direct selling businesses

Showing 66 reviews of 55
Brad L.

A True Partner in Business

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

From start to finish, they were great to work with. The sales process was more of an education than a sales pitch. I know our whole team had a better understanding of the Direct Selling industry after just one call. Support has been great and our clients could not be happier.

Pros

I think the best aspect of Freedom is exactly what the name says. It gives you the freedom to customize and make the final product your own. It is adaptable and integrates very well with our products to give our clients a full suite of tools to build their Direct Selling/Party Plan businesses. The ByDesign team is focused on long-term relationships and it shows.

Cons

There was not really much to not like. When a hurdle approached both teams just put their heads together and we figured out a sustainable solution to the issue and moved on.

Donna marie S.
  • Industry: Legal Services

ByDesign Software Keeps Getting Better and Better!

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

As an Expert Legal Compliance Consultant (I set up, monitor and run Compliance Departments exclusively for Direct Selling), I have seen the ByDesign software in many companies. When a client tells me they have another software, I cringe knowing the importance of smooth-running software specifically for this industry.

The ByDesign software is so functional and easy to use I have seen new employees jump right in with minimal training. Staff loves it!

Pros

The ByDesign Software for Direct Selling is the most advanced software for our industry I have ever had the pleasure of using. The Software provides not only the state-of-the-art genealogy tracking and commissions calculations, but as well, it offers so many marketing features that really give a new company a leg up on their competitors. What I like most about this software is that it works!

Cons

If I was going to make one change to the software it would be that it has more graphics on the back-office dashboard. More and more clients are sharing that they not only want it to work very well, but it has to look awesome too.

Rich S.

Industry Leader!

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Pros

Rallyware has firsthand knowledge of and experience with ByDesign. They are an industry leader within the MLM software space. Their open architecture makes them easy to integrate with as they continuously improve the features and functionality across their platform.

ByDesign’s client focused culture and concierge service is a perfect complement to Rallyware’s approach. They are all about helping their clients to enable their independent salesforce to be more successful. ByDesign’s data provides the information necessary allow Rallyware to deliver the right information to the right person at the right time.

The ByDesign team is passionate about helping their clients and partners be successful. They are smart, friendly and easy to work with. Most importantly, they get the job done.

Cons

The only negative is that I do not get to interact with the ByDesign team on a more regular basis. They are a pleasure to work with.

Brian / todd G.

Smooth Implementation for a Startup and Reliable Core Functionality

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

I had two primary software concerns when launching our business. First was that we had a relatively untested concept and did not know how quickly our business might scale, so we needed to select a decently-priced solution that could still handle rapid growth when called upon. ByDesign had a good mix of small and large clients that eased this concern, and was competitively priced with others we evaluated. Second was that we did not have a lot of recent party-plan experience in-house from the past couple years so we needed a solution that had already thought through current industry processes and could deliver all the best practices.

They are continually improving the product with additional features and are great at sharing the broader roadmap with us so we have a clear picture on how they view the future of the platform.

If you want a solution that is time-tested and that can work with minimal setup out-of-the-box, you should really be talking to ByDesign.

Cons

Item management might be more cumbersome for a company with thousands of distinct inventoried SKUs.

Troy D.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

One of the best platforms I have used over the last decade. I must for any direct sales...

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

The platform is designed, with the end user in mind!

In other words, the company created the platform to help the home-based entreprenuer run their business, and not just for the company to monitor their reps and sales. This additional focus on providing the independent professional the tools needed to run a successful home-based business, I beleive will lead to lower attration for the parent company.

Most of the platforms I have reviewed, focus only on what will benfit the company in the long run. The team that developed the Freedom Platform seemed to go the extra mile and interview what is TRULY needed by the home-based entreprenuer.

Cons

Although the platform is created for the enduser, in many cases, the end user isn't fully aware of what they need. I beleive a little more video training provided in the back office will help any independent professional navigate this platform better.

Although, the available support, is well above the average, I know firsthand the frustration of not fully understanding the best way to use the tools and reports I have at hand.

Kevin W.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Multi countries payout (de-centralized commission payout).

Pros

Software feature, good support team, commission engine/process performance. Able to run commission simulation.

Cons

1. Missing Integration/configuration instructions on 3rd party (taxjar,...)
2. Master inventory sku (Multi countries)
3. Time zone issues (Multi countries)
4. User right management
5. 1099 efile (electric file output)

Gregg S.

Wonderful experience! So much so, I used it for both my companies!

Reviewed on 2017/12/23

Pros

An unbelievable software program and value! It's very easy to use and great for any size company. It has a really simple admin and is excellent for reporting and commission processing! Awesome company support too!

Cons

It worked great for us! If I have to be critical, I would love to see continued enhancements to the shopping cart.

Devon A.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Easy to use, easy to deploy

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Pros

Easy to configure on the admin side. Deployment and field adoption went smoothly. Rollouts is new features but monthly.

Cons

Delay of the new party module, was supposed to be delivered around July 2019.

Peter A.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

The competitive edge to grow

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Freedom has truly solved one of our company’s biggest challenges and succeeded where other platforms failed. We never worry any longer. Now we have the confidence and support we need to grow our business using one of the most innovative and extensive suite of tools available in the market today.

Pros

I can’t imagine working without this amazing software. It has become one of the most integral and important tools in my everyday workflow. Freedom's is the cutting edge software my company was looking for. It has empowered our company with the tools to become an industry leader and given us the competitive edge to grow way beyond what we thought possible.

Cons

Sometimes the software offers so many great solutions that I often find myself struggling to choose the one I like best.

Jeff S.

By Design Freedom

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Very positive.

Pros

Fully functional with great features. Solid support staff, especially during the implementation phase. Also a very good value for the money.

Cons

Transition from implementation team to general support. Would have liked to continue with our implementation specialist.

Troy H.

Freedom byDesignTechnologies Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

As a long-standing partner, ByDesign has been good to support us. We have a good relationship of partnering on new functionality where they evaluate if it is something that is unique to our business or if it is something that can be utilized across their customer base. When they see reusability across their clients, they add it to their internal roadmaps for development.

Pros

Over the 12 years that we have been customers of ByDesign, we have seen many improvements to their base software. They have improved the user interface for both customer service and customers and expanded the offering to better support us as a global business in more than 60 countries around the world. We are able to run commissions weekly and monthly and pay our business partners on time.

Cons

The software was originally designed to take advantage of functionality unique to Internet Explorer. They have been working to make the software completely cross-browser. There are still a few areas in the software that rely on Internet Explorer to function correctly, but it is becoming more cross-browser with each incremental update.

Heather M.

ByeDesign!! So glad they're gone

Reviewed on 2017/02/06

I am an independent consultant for a company which recently employed ByDesign to upgrade their e-systems. Some things we did not have at the time (support tickets, link the warehouse inventory to the ordering system) were fun. But after a year and a half of development, they still gave us an incomplete product at go time. We could not even close a party for nearly a month -- alienating our hosts. After a few months of very little improvement, our company went back to its proprietary software. We were ALL glad to say #ByeDesign.

Pros

A few different functionalities we didn't have before.

Cons

It didn't ever work well.

Mark skovron P.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simply the most practical and dependable software for the marketplace.

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

I am certain that we would not have been able to, and still would not be experiencing insane growth in our industry - if ByDesign didn't do their part so well.

No CEO or COO wants to have to babysit, or even think about this provider solution once installed - we want to grow our companies.

This company is literally responsible for allowing my home office team and Rep team to perform at their best with 100% confidence that everything provided will be delivered at all times.

The Capterra form has hard-coated in that we are an Accounting firm - which is incorrect.
We are a direct sales organization with 100+ at HQ and thousands of reps in the field at one company (listed) alone.

Pros

Dependable, affordable, accurate - which is incredibly critical. Very simple to implement, and use on a daily basis. We would not have been able to concentrate on scaling up without it. We have gone from start up to extraordinary growth in just a few years - very blessed - and ByDesign is able to keep up and keep us up and running!

BeDesign also stands behind their work. Customer service is incredible and the customization we needed was completed completely 100% as requested. Customer service here - is what it should be with all companies.

ByDesign does what they say, and much more.
Their solutions work, and more.
They are available, and eager to please.
The product is up and running 99.9% of the time without any hiccups.
I am getting what I pay for and much more.

What else can anyone ask?

Vanessa H.

This is where quality and value intersect for an overall exceptional experience!

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

I've always been impressed by the ease of use and level of detail. By Design has always provided an exceptional experience for their clients (companies) but they are also extremely sensitive to the experience of the end user (people in the field). They provide a level of transparency and detail that others fail to provide, making it quicker and easier for people to get the information they need to make strategic decisions quickly. Whether you are accessing the data from the corporate side or the field side, the experience is seamless and the data accurate and informative. I also appreciate their desire to always improve upon that experience, never being satisfied with status quo.

Cons

As a Mac-based user, I would like to be able to perform all functions from a browser other than Explorer.

Michael C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reliable, stable, accurate, down time at de minimus levels

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

I was able to manage my business without ever thinking about the software--its accuracy and effectiveness was an assumption, and we could then focus on what needed to be done. It was truly a part of our company's DNA.

Pros

Two main things:
1. It is the simplest and easiest software in the direct selling space in my experience, and it was always reliable.
2. The value for the money spent is unparalleled in the industry, by my experience

Cons

There was only one thing: custom modifications sometimes required waiting in a queue for a period of time that was longer than I liked. The work always got done, but as President of the company I wanted it done in a very short time. I don't think this company is outside of industry norms, but I always wanted it faster.

Debbie B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

"A Breath of Fresh Air" in the industry...

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Pros

The freedom software is extrememly comprehensive and has been designed to provide all the business tools necessary to track and grow your business. Once you become familiar with the software it is easy to use and adds value to your overall business daily. It blows me away how they thought of everything! I also appreciate the wonderful Team at ByDesign. They go above and beyond to provide quick and efficient customer service. I am thankful for their "open line" policy... their team makes themselves available for any questions. I call them and someone actually picks up the phone to answer my question. They really are there to help and makes you feel a part of their family!

Cons

It is not really a con just a learning curve. It is a comprehensive platform therefore it takes time to dive into their program and learn it. I look forward to more video tutorials for training purposes.

Linda R.

Freedom was a great software to use in the network marketing field.

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

This product was self explanatory in may facets. Easy to use. Inventory worked great. Help tickets worked well in the CS Dept. It is a great reporting program as well. You can easily see where you stand.

Cons

Like all software programs there were some glitches along the way but the end product was awesome!! By Design went out of their way to get us situated handled quickly and in a professional manner when ever we needed their help!

Dawn P.

Great software for a multi level marketing company

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

The software was very easy to use. Very self explanatory. The reporting was easy to get to and had a lot of information. The inventory screen was very easy to use with step by step instructions.

Cons

Occasionally, there were some items that were not in the software that we needed, however, when we brought it to By Design they were more than willing to help us with that.

Liv S.

Bydesign: reliable, comprehensive and professional

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Pros

You’ll find Bydesign’s software to cover any aspect of direct selling that you can think of. The implementation process is streamlined and the team is creative when it comes to finding a solution for your software needs. They truly are experts in their field.

Cons

Because the software is so comprehensive, there is a learning curve to using it. The company does provide training on how to use the software and will take time to answer all of your questions but expect to spend some time playing around to figure it out.

Stephanie S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Freedom is easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

It was easy to learn and use on a daily basis

Pros

Easy to use and learn. I love this software and the people that support us.

Cons

Too many options, I only use a functions.

Sterling C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I have worked with many software companies and ByDesign delivers both in Price and Value.

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Pros

Great product and great team to work with. One of the most important decisions any company can make is choosing a software company that is proven, professional and a product that delivers. ByDesign has established themselves as a leader in this industry.

Cons

The most important thing a client can to do is understand what things are key for their software company to provide. The biggest frustration I see is when the client has expectations and does not clearly define them. If it becomes an issue however, ByDesign has been good at resolving these issues.

Gregory N.

ByDesign Experiences

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Still attempting to get launched after 9 mos . ..

Pros

Incredibly comprehensive feature / function capabilities.

Cons

Difficult to undertand how to utilize capabilities of software without engaging with SMEs within ByDesign organization, who are very busy and often inaccessible. Standard support does not enable us to effectively use platform.

Candice L.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Newer user

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Pros

It seems to have a lot of options to customize as needed.

Cons

There is not a lot of opportunity to speak to someone before you commit to discover what you SHOULD be investing in. We now have software that does not offer us the options that we really need.

Janet C.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Recommendation

Reviewed on 2020/12/20

Pros

The complete customer care that surrounds the product.

Cons

That it isn't promoted as well as it could be:)