Showing 137 reviews of 123

Winpharm

Pharmacy management software for healthcare centers

Showing 137 reviews of 123
Adam A.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Intuitive Program with Great Features!

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

Datascan is great because if there is a bug or if something doesn't work, the team addresses the problem quickly. They are responsive to input and feature requests for things that are specific to your pharmacy. It reflects the mindset that we have at our pharmacy - not a big operation where you are just a number, but an environment where the software people know you, your setup, and your needs.

Pros

It is evident that this software is made with the mindset of a pharmacist and the flow of a retail pharmacy. New features are consistently being unveiled that allow the program to evolve with the ever changing world of pharmacy, healthcare, and technology. The med sync is intuitive and the workflow delivery functions are a big help with our setup.

Cons

Sometimes there are bugs or features that may not work as imagined. But those are usually addressed within reason.

Nancy F.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

its the main software we use at the pharmacy

Reviewed on 2017/07/03

still learning it, I can fill my prescriptions and bill insurance

Pros

The icons are easy to read, you can click on them and find you patients easily. customer support is readily available and very helpful.

Cons

you have to back out of the patient if you are not in the correct screen, you can look at the profile but you can not fill from the profile if you are not in the fill screen.

Response from Datascan

Nancy please calll our offices and setup more
Training. You can absolutely fill from the profile in a number of different ways.

Mike W.

Switched to Datascan 2 years ago

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

We are very satisfied with our hardware and software through Datascan. Refill management, automatic faxes/emails to dr's. Ability to run reports to check on the financial side of the business. Everything is pretty easy to use, and if you can't find it, tech support is usually quick and responsive.

Pros

We were running an old DOS based system that had been bought and sold 3 times in the previous 10 years. When looking for a new system we vetted and Demo'ed at least 10 systems, narrowed it down to 3. Datascan offered the best combination of functionality, pricing, ease of use, aesthetics, and service. Very easy system to use, same service technicians on the phone when issues arise, and if you email the owner of the company he will answer you personally.

Cons

We haven't encountered any longstanding issues, sometimes an update will make an unintended change, but those seem to be few and far between, and fixed right away.

David L.

VERY SATISFIED PHARMACY

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

MY PHARMACY HAS DEVELOPED A WONDERFUL RELATIONSHIP WITH DATASCAN. I AM THANKFUL THAT I DECIDED TO HAVE DATASCAN AS A PARTNER WITH MY PHARMACY

Pros

THE SOFTWARE IS VERY EASY TO USE. I CAN CALL DATASCAN AND THEY CAN FIX MY LABELS, CHANGE MY SETTINGS, AND HELP ME WITH SETTING UP INS.

Cons

I DON'T USE OUT OF STOCK OPTIONS. I DON'T USE SHORT FILL OPTIONS

Ed Z.

Best Pharmacy Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

I loved my experience especially with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! She is an awesome and definitely is focused on making her clients happy!!

Pros

I love the functionality and ease of use! This program feels like it was built custom for my pharmacy because it has numerous features that do not cost an arm and a leg. They also have great service in their call center to trouble shoot your problems.

Cons

Although it has plenty of modern features the program just doesn’t look as appealing as it operates!

Doug F.

Winpharm from an IT perspective!

Reviewed on 2014/11/12

In 30 years of computer experience and decades in IT, I seldom get my money's worth over time. Eventually great companies make cumbersome changes. Sometimes to the extent their products become clumsy, incompatible or old-fashioned. Not so with Datascan.

In almost 4 years using Datascan Pharmacy Software I have never been let down or disappointed. Being on opposite sides of the US, I presumed there would be time difference constraints for service that would certainly interrupt my business flow. Unacceptable to my Pharmacy.

Much to my delight, their team was far beyond competent, expedient and able to handle every aspect of the remote installation and configuration without a hitch. All upgrades, maintenance were streamlined for us by their efficient remote service.

To my knowledge, Tumalo Pharmacy staff is, and has always been, walked through step-by-step any IT or upgrade issue by a competent, knowledable and courteous Customer Service person.

Datascan has always been able to remotely fix all problems (very few) remotely the same day.
I have seen them work and they will accommodate your network configuration not only stand-alone PC's.

They can work with all versions of Windows platforms and thoroughly understand configuration of Windows by manipulating DOS commands (a lost art these days).

They understood the security concerns of our IT group and respected all HIPAA and compliance standards we brought forth. They successfully configure all the peripheral gear and invoice format changes we've thrown at them.

I am satisfied and proud to use Datascan.

Thanks Kevin Minassian for making a state-of-the-art, reliable, user friendly product.

Sincerely thank you,
Doug Forbes
Dark Horse Security Consulting
Tumalo Pharmacy
Bend, Oregon

Jeff L.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

I HAVE BEEN WITH DATASCAN FOR OVER 20 YEARS, I THINK THEY ARE THE BEST SOFTWARE PROVIDER IN ...

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

GREAT VALUE UPTO DATE OPERATING SYSTEM

Pros

CUSTOMER SERVICE IN SECOND TO NONE!! GREAT PROGRESSIVE PROGRAMS, UP TO DATE SERVICES FOR PATIENTS, MTM, PROCESSING E-VOUCHERS

Cons

TOO MANY OPERATING SYSTEMS IN SERVICE. MANY SYSTEMS IN THE FIELD ARE NOT UPDATED SO THAT EVERY CUSTOMER IS USING THE SAME PROGRAM

Tina D.

DATASCAN REVIEW

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

I DEAL WITH DATASCAN WHEN WE HAVE COMPUTER ISSUES. I FIND THE PEOPLE KNOWLEDGABLE AND HELPFUL. VERY PLEASANT AND POLITE AND OFFER SUGGESTIONS . THEY KNOW ALOT ABOUT COMPUTERS AND THE PHARMACY PROGRAM

Pros

the ease of the keys and how to ring sales and maintain sales inventory and product sold.

Cons

The credit card takes too long to process on 1 register and the receipt is very slow in printing. Also, to be able to shut receipt off at any given time, and to add gift receipt.

Joann M.

Ease of implementation

Reviewed on 2013/01/12

In all aspects the Pros definitely out way the cons.
Great software and company.

Pros

The reason I gave only four stars for this is because it took us a while to change from a non windows based software to a windows based software. Once we figured that out the system is great. Very easy to fill prescriptions and run various reports. We also purchased the point of sale and that has been terrific having both the pharmacy and reigster linked together.
The customer support at Datascan is terrific. We have had some issues after hours and on holidays and they have called us back within 15 minutes resolved the problem.
Datascan is constantly coming up with new software to further meet our needs. I personally love the Cover my Meds. it is made prior authorizations much easier to deal with.

Cons

the few cons to the rx software in my opinion are how the refills appear on the profile, would rather see how many refills left rather then the total number of tablets left. Also for the reports if the pages were numbered that would help.

William M.

Datascan's Winpharm gets a Big THUMBS UP!

Reviewed on 2014/12/04

In the ever changing world of independent pharmacy, you have to keep up with trends and demands not only to prosper, but to stay in business. Datascan has been our software provider for years, and we rely on them greatly to insure that we are using the best systems available to not only run our business, but to ensure patient safety, compliance, and better patient care.

Datascan is easy to reach. We are on a first name basis with most of the staff and they are always just a phone call away to aid in any software issues and to mold to the changing demands of our business. I couldn't ask for better SERVICE from my software company, hands down.

Datascan listens to me, and my needs. They are able, and willing to make adjustments within the Winpharm program that makes the best sense for our business, and teach me ways to even get more out of their program.

Howard J.

i have used datscan for the last 27 years

Reviewed on 2014/04/16

i have only used datascan as the program for both of my pharmacies. they are very conscious of everything that a pharmacy needs in their computer system. i am old and cheap so i hesitated to upgrade my hardware. i did so last month in both pharmacies and i am very very happy that i did.
their team of customer service people are top notch. they respond to any issues very quickly and will work on it till they get it right. a month or so ago (before i invested in the new hardware) the entire system crashed in one store. i had a new pharmacist on duty. we were up and running within 2 hours including the delivery of a new computer. and this was on a saturday!

Dylan E.

Great work

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

My pharmacy needs very complex data reports and rep has been great assisting us.

Pros

Reporting capabilities and customer service when it comes to building specific reports

Cons

No complaints so far. System is very organized.

Frank B.

Datascan is just Outstanding!

Reviewed on 2014/04/03

After looking at many of the software pharmacy companies and POS systems they offered, we decided on Datascan, and what a great choice we made. As a startup, they were there with us every step of the way. Their customer service is number 1, answering even the smallest questions that you could ask, with 110% satisfaction, politeness, friendly, easy to understand, service personnel that answer the phones in seconds. From startups to those that have been around for years, no wonder everyone is switching over to Datascan. You won't be disappointed.

Michael S.

Easy to use and amazing customer service

Reviewed on 2015/11/13

Program is very easy to use. We have pharmacy interns rotate from the local university and they are able to learn the system within 5 days of working with it. Customer service is top of the line. Always friendly and helpful. With technology always changing Datascan always keeps us up to date with these changes and how to prepare for them. I always recommend they them to everyone I know.

Anna L.

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2015/07/31

I cannot recommend enough the quality of Datascan software and its services. The ease of use, the customer service that is always readily available, and so many different aspects of Datascan services to please their customers go beyond my expectations. I would recommend this over any other software I have used, and I have used many.

Michael N.

Always ahead of everchanging pharmacy industry. Best costumer service in the industry.

Reviewed on 2015/12/28

We have been using Datascan for past 6 years and they have gone above and beyond to stay ahead of the constantly changing industry by providing new software features and updates to quickly fix any problems. Really easy to teach new employees, but the costumer services we have been receiving is what really stands out.

Anthony L.

GREAT PRODUCT

Reviewed on 2014/11/07

I worked with a few different pharmacy software programs and found datascans to be the easiest and most effecient. The customer service is excellent and usually solves any issues quickly. I really like the fact that the company is open to any suggestions or new ideas coming from us. I highly recommend this product.

Dawn G.

WINPHARM

Reviewed on 2014/06/27

Winpharm is a great program and user friendly. The staff at Data scan is very helpful, kind and knowledgeable. Any time I need anything I can count on the staff at Data scan to come through and help me successfully. Thanks Logan, Clifford, Joe, Patrick, Keith, Brian and Kevin :)

Marc K.

SOFTWARE REVIEW

Reviewed on 2015/07/29

Datascan offers a personal service that has always met and exceeded expectations. We switched over from Opus and have been extremely happy with the decision. Customer service has been excellent in working with us with any issues that have come up.

Maridyth N.

Excellent System

Reviewed on 2011/09/26

Great software and customer service!!

Pros

WinPharm is easy to use (user friendly), has lots of functions a dispensary/pharmacy could need, and the customer service provided by Datascan is top notch!

Cons

Needs a transferred prescription report

Jennifer F.

Winpharm with Datascan

Reviewed on 2015/01/08

My company is very happy with Datascan and their Winpharm product. They are very knowledgeable and helpful if I call with a question or a problem. They are very prompt to help me understand how to do something or fix something.

Paul R.

PAUL'S PHARMACY

Reviewed on 2012/12/26

EXCELLENT PRODUCT!!!!!!

Pros

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EXCEPTIONAL, OUTSTANDING AND ABOVE WHAT YOU EXPECT. EXCELLENT PRODUCT!!!!

Cons

not enough companies like datascan.

Darrell C.

datascan

Reviewed on 2014/12/02

software is easy to use and contains all the fields used in dispensing. Tracks allergy and refills and makes the job more manageable.

Vincent A.

easy to use

Reviewed on 2015/11/10

they always seem to pick up phone and connect right away to our system and fix or correct
thanks