Showing 71 reviews of 61

Cadence

Cloud-based communications platform for the education sector

Showing 71 reviews of 61
Sarah E.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A solution your staff will love!

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

From the moment we started researching Cadence, it has been a wonderful experience. Mongoose has a phenomenal team of people who have been extremely helpful from day one. When I have suggestions, I always feel like my voice is being heard and their annual conference is one of the best professional conferences I've ever been to. You won't regret working with this product or this team!

Pros

The best part about Cadence is how easy it is to use and how affective it is for connecting us with our audience. We were able to get it up and running within weeks—including our staff training! We have a number of staff members who tend to be nervous about new technology but everyone on our team has found it to be extremely intuitive. Especially with the mobile app, it feels no different than sending and receiving texts through your normal messaging app.

Cons

One issue I've found is that it can be difficult to update contact records on the fly. For example, if a student texts us but they were not previously in the system, I haven't been able to find a way to just easily "add a contact" with their name and info. It has to go through the import process with our student information system.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and glowing review, Sarah! We are so happy that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

Julia D.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Mongoose Cadence is a Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

Cadence has been a lifesaver to our office. We pride ourselves on individualized attention and relationship building with our students and this product has allowed us to meet our students on their level. This product has made communication so much easier for our staff and the students we serve!

Pros

Mongoose Cadence allows us to interact with the students that apply to our institution in a fast, easy, and convenient way. Texting is the primary source of communication and Mongoose makes texting as effortless as possible whether you're doing it from your computer at work or from your cell via their app.

Cons

Honestly, no cons! I have found that any time there were adjustments needed to the software Mongoose Cadence staff worked to update the product to be as efficient and effective as possible!

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Julia! We're so happy to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

John B.

Technology and communication

Reviewed on 2020/12/31

We have been able to increase our response rates to solicit action. Getting information to our customers so much faster and much more cost effective.

Pros

Cadence was extremely easy to set up and use. Great customer service. Sales team was pleasant to work with. Client lead is so responsive. Tutorials are excellent. Videos especially.

Cons

I made a recommendation and the tech team implemented it within a month. I really haven't discovered weaknesses.

Eric C.

A Great Solution for My TRIO SSS Program

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Using Cadence has really been transformative for us as a program. Our ability to help students is so much greater now that we have this enhanced ability to connect with them.

Pros

The software is easy to use and easy to understand. Anyone familiar with email, especially Gmail, will find the interface very intuitive. Our ability to reach and interact with our students has increased dramatically by using this software, and we are reaching students who we were not reaching via email. Having the option for each advisor to have their own number has been fantastic, and it is easy query the list of students and send multiple texts all at once.

Cons

Being able to edit all fields for contacts in the interface would be very helpful. Sometimes updating a user-defined field for a single student can feel unnecessarily laborious.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Eric! We're thrilled to hear that Cadence has been an intuitive and enjoyable experience for you and your staff. In addition, stay tuned for support from your Client Success Lead in regards to editing contacts.

Brien N.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Mongoose Cadence Usage

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

The overall experience over the course of the first year has been great! I highly reccommend Cadence as a texting software for any recruitment and retention needs across any field.

Pros

The setup and implementation of the product are seamless. The support received from the client success leads as well as the tech team is very informational and helpful. The Cadence team wants nothing but success for their clients and it shows with their support and constant growth of the software. Sending individual messages with the click of a button is extremely effective and efficient for departments of all sizes.

Cons

The one downside that we have experienced would be that we are unable to send video messages. We have navigated this nicely thought and used images as well as links to videos.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Brien! We are so glad to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting software! In addition, we've shared your experience with your Client Success Lead and engineering team as we continue to make updates in the future.

Amanda R.

Connection in the Covid-Era

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

Pros

The ability to connect with 1-3,000 prospective students on a daily basis has been mission changing for our institution. Messaging lists are easy to build, messages are slick to send, replies are easy, and usage data is easy to retrieve.

Cons

I wish there was a way to send recurring messages — but I’m told it coming (soonish!...)

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Amanda! We're so happy to hear that Cadence has been an intuitive and positive experience for you!

Jeffrey M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Cadence is a Must for Higher Ed Institutions!

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Our experience at Carroll University has been remarkable. So much so that our average retention rate for first to second year students opted in for texting is 97% where it is 53% for those opted out. At Carroll we are excited to continue to partner with Mongoose with using Cadence in the most effective ways possible.

Pros

It is invaluable to reach a student when you need to and have them respond in a timely manner. I used Cadence in our effort to ensure every student submitted COVID test results prior to arriving to campus for the fall. Along with all of the academic/campus related reason we utilize texting on a regular basis, COVID presented many opportunities to use Cadence and resolve concerns.

Cons

I can't really say there is something I don't like. Maybe that you can be notified of a new text on your device with notifications from both your email and Mongoose app. But, even here you are able to have these settings notify you or not. Some new users seem worried about notifications, but in the end, there is nothing wrong with knowing you have received a text and can take next steps to assist.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your thorough feedback, Jeffrey! We're so happy to hear that Cadence has been such an invaluable tool at your university!

Jeff S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great product and even better service!

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

We've been able to meet prospective students where they are as opposed to sending yet another email that students won't read. We're able to build relationships faster than ever because of students know they have a real person on the other end of the line.

Pros

Integration with Slate was seamless and if I ever have a question it takes fifteen minutes for our account representative to get back to us. Cadence has allowed us to engage our prospective and current students like never before!

Cons

It would be nice to be able to view reports right in the browser rather than exporting them.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Jeff! We're so happy to hear that Cadence has been an intuitive and enjoyable experience for you! In addition, we've submitted your input on features and functionality to our engineering team as we continue to develop our texting platform.

Lowell F.

We LOVE Cadence!

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

We have loved working with the Cadence team and the product. The Mongoose employees are super helpful and fun and kind and the product is 100%. We love it.

Pros

We love the ease of use, the sleek, modern feel, and the feedback and response that we receive from students via text compared to email and phone calls. We love everything about Cadence!

Cons

I cannot think of anyting negative to say. Honestly!

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lowell! We are thrilled to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

Alecia D.

Best Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

The customer service with Mongoose and Cadence has been exceptional. Any time I've had an issue the customer service team has gotten back to me with an update quickly.

Pros

The ease of using Cadence has been such a blessing to our office. We have a lot of turnover in admission and the training process for Cadence is as easy as it gets!

Cons

I think the auto-update segment feature should be available to users and not just administrators.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your glowing review, Alecia! We're so happy to hear that implementing Cadence with new users has been a streamlined and easy process for you! In addition, I've also shared your input with our engineering team with regards to the auto-update segment feature.

Tatiana Z.

Wonderful Platform To Communicate!

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Pros

Scheduling the messages within a time frame to be able to make sure you have covered all your communication within the day and it being sent out at a specific time with no concern. Also, being able to add attachments and emojis to the messages so that they may be more personalized.

Cons

Not being able to search by phrase for find specific messages.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Tatiana! We're so happy to hear that our scheduled messaging capability and personalization has been an enjoyable experience for you! In addition, we greatly value your input when it comes to the platforms search capabilities and are working to continuously improve the user experience.

Rachel S.

Williams Baptist University

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an absolutely amazing human and has been so helpful for our team. We have had a great experience using Cadence. Everyone that is a part of the organization has gone above and beyond to help us.

Pros

I love that Mongoose Cadence has given our college the ability to reach more students via a texting platform.

Cons

When using your computer to text students not all emoji's are available in the options that are available when using your ipad or cell phone.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Rachel! We value your input and are continuously working to make your user experience even better!

Shaysa L.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Efficient & Convenient

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Pros

I like the easy access to send out information. As busy as we are sometimes, I appreciate being able to receive multiple notifications letting me know that I’ve received a message.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the limited characters for the messaging. Many time, our team wrote our communications before logging into the system, and using the copy and paste method usually never works. Therefore, they would need to separate their communications in order to send information, or shorten the messages.

Many times, we like to text students who have not necessarily been admitted yet, so their information hasn’t translated to the Mongoose platform. Therefore, when it is just a few, we may send individual messages.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Shaysa! We're so happy to hear that Cadence has been an intuitive and enjoyable experience for you and your staff. In addition, stay tuned for support from your Client Success Lead in regards to messaging potential students and character count.

Zomar P.

Comments

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

The experience was a great one and all my staff members do enjoy using the software.

Pros

The set-up was easy and the customer service was excellent

Cons

The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Zomar! We're so happy to hear that you and your staff enjoy using Cadence!

Marc Z.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Cadence

EXCELLENT!

Pros

I love the modern way to be able to engage with students!

Cons

I don't like that we can't use it internationally

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Ziggy! We are so glad to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting software! In addition, we've shared your experience with international texting with our engineering team as we continue to make improvements to our texting platform.

Cheri S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great product and even better customer success support

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

We have just implemented and are about to launch our first email. I am excited to have this new channel to connect with our constituents.

Pros

The product was easy to set up and learn how to use. The functionality of multiple teams and shared in-boxes helps us manage our various types of communications with our constituents.

Cons

I would like to see more AI for automated responses that keep the conversation going with the constituent in a personal way without having to respond in person.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for the feedback, Cheri! We're so happy to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

Bethany M.

Honest Opinion

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Pros

I think the customer service is outstanding. I know exactly who to contact for any assistance and they are extremely helpful and responsive.

Cons

I think the way the software is organized is extremely confusing. I honestly don't like how the departments are set up. I don't think the way it's organized is user friendly. I also wish it would integrate better with our SIS so that I could get automatic texts set up. We have looked in to this option and told it would not work.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you for your honest feedback, Bethany! We are so happy to hear that you've had a wonderful experience with our Cadence team! Please know that your opinion is valued. I have taken your input in regards to layout and integration to our engineering team for future product feature rollouts.

Stacia M.

Easy to Use with Excellent Response Rate

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Cadence has really modernized the way we communicate with students. Ultimately our end goal is effective, efficient, meaningful communication and, quite simply, Cadence delivers all of that and more. The platform is very user friendly and the response rate from students has been excellent.

Pros

The platform is very user friendly and the response rate is excellent. I really like how many data fields can be uploaded about each Contact. I love the Segments feature and use it to reach targeted groups. Customized templates make it easy when I need to send a lot of messages.

Cons

I wish I could see Sent and Archived messages on the App, like I can on the desktop version. I also wish there was an way to look up the texting history with a Contact.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Stacia! We are so happy to hear that Cadence has helped you achieve your goal of effective and meaningful communication with your students. In addition, we've shared your input on mobile app preferences with our engineering team for future consideration. Thank you again for your glowing review!

Sarah P.

Next Level Connection

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Cadence. The team behind the product has been wonderful to work with. My client support lead, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been extremely supportive. Other staff have been a great support to our own IT team as we implemented FTP.

Pros

I appreciate that Cadence allows me and my team to connect on a personal level with each contact we make yet have the ability to make that connection with many folks at the same time. This is crucial for us as a school - a positive personal connection is often the foundation of a trusting relationship.

Cons

At times I had a hard time manually importing data into Cadence. I shared a bit of feedback to the team that certain aspects of the manual import were difficult and the team immediately started asking more questions about my feedback. They cared about what was difficult and wanted to make it better. Soon after those conversations, there were changes made to the manual import process which alleviated most of the difficulties!

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for the feedback, Sarah! We're happy to hear that your Client Success Lead was able to help you successfully navigate importing data to Cadence. We're thrilled that Cadence is your preferred texting platform.

Michael F.

Cadence Allows you to reach a wider audience

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

My overall experience has been very positive with cadence. Their customer service is fantastic and they want to make sure you are getting the best out of the product that you can. They also will help with setting up new initiatives and make sure that you have things set up correctly.

Pros

Cadence is pretty simple in its functions and is not hard to learn or teach others.

Cons

The thing I liked the least is that it does not always update a person in your contacts. It is a little harder to update contacts and have to do a new upload but it will say that it cant be added because someone already has that number.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Mike! We're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with Cadence and our team!

Shawn J.

Cadence Review

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Pros

I love the full integration with our CRM, I also like the ease of use for my entire team.

Cons

We are transitioning to a new CRM and I wish it integrated with the custom reports in Workday in a similar fashion to targets in Radius.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Shawn! We're happy to hear that the integration process has been a positive experience for you. In regards to a Workday integration, I have alerted our team to help with that as well.

Robyn N.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Huge help with reaching students

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

I believe Cadence has leveled up our communication game exponentially. It helps us reach students in a place where they are constantly looking--their phones. Customer service is top notch, I could not ask for better quality when it comes to that. Cadence has been so popular in our Admissions office that two (potentially three) other departments have expressed interest in implementing.

Pros

The interface is extremely user friendly! All of our staff, even those who are not particularly tech savvy, can easily utilize Cadence.

Cons

It does take a bit to maintain if you are trying to have clean data all the time, but it is not a deterrent from using it. The students we are trying to reach are readily available in the contact pool.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Robyn! We're thrilled to hear that Cadence has been an intuitive and enjoyable experience for you and your staff. In addition, stay tuned for support from your Client Success Lead in regards data maintenance.

Caleb B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Cadence has been a game-changer!

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

ETSU's experience with Cadence has been incredible. It has been a game-changer for us in terms of student communication. We are communicating with our applicants at a level we've never seen before.

Pros

Ease of use. Cadence is extremely user-friendly! It only takes a few minutes to go in daily and schedule the messages to be sent to applicants and admits in our pipeline.

Cons

I do wish that building segments allowed for filter logic such as (AND) and (OR). This would allow for even greater functionality.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for the feedback, Caleb! We're so happy to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

Gino V.

Excellence in Motion

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Love using Cadence for texting prospective students and applicants.

Pros

I like that your team values our input, and you have constant rollouts of new features based on user feedback.

Cons

I wish the emoji selection was expanded. Would love to see a St. Bernard and a St Francis emoji!!!

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your feedback, Gino! We're so happy to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!

Darren C.

Highly Recommend Cadence for Higher Education

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Customer service and the product are great!

Pros

The use this software for admissions, retention and student life messaging. It is very intuitive and easy to use. It works great and has easily integrated into our work flow.

Cons

The initial cost, but once you get more users it’s VERY affordable and cost effective.

Response from Mongoose

Thank you so much for your honest review, Darren! We're so happy to hear that Cadence is your preferred texting platform!