QuikStor Cloud

Cloud-based self-storage management software

4 /5 (21 reviews) Write a Review!
3,9
3,7
4,3
4,2
Marita J.
Industry: Warehousing

QUIKSTOR IS THE BEST SELF STORAGE SOFTWARE & GATE SYSTEM ON THE MARKET!

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

Best and most comprehensive database for self storage. I love it so much but would love to be able to reprint things without it saying reprint. But other than that, it's INCREDIBLE. And besides that, the Gate system surpasses ANY system on the market! Its worth every dime you spend on it and the customer service surpasses any other database I have worked with. I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE AND GATE SYSTEM!!

Pros

So easy to use. Comprehensive. All the forms are PERFECT! I love this software and I also use the Quikstor back up which was AWESOME when I had a computer crash. I called and AS ALWAYS, customer service was ON THE SPOT and they had the back up and reloaded everything and I was back up and running. Their GATE system is the ABSOLUTE BEST. I have NEVER NEVER NEVER in 11 years had ONE problem with my gate. INCREDIBLE!!

Cons

I don't like that you can't reprint ALL the documents that you have given to a particular tenant. Some you can and recently they have added and documented that a Receipt was printed. You can reprint receipts NO PROBLEM. BUT.. if you have sent other letters, they print out but say REPRINT on them. I would rather they print the original form WITH the original date that was printed. I want the original date and time on ALL reprints. But it doesn't do that. BUT OTHER THAN THAT.. NO CONS!!

John M.

Super Software for SuperStorage

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

We have used QuikStor since the early 90's, shortly after entering the self storage world. It was DOS back then, but was a world of difference from a manual "peg board" system. The software has evolved over that time, and continues to evolve, as we have grown to 14 sites. I don't think the growth would have been plausible without robust management software. Real time audit trails, reports and integration from storage site to management office and across different apps (like kiosks, accounting software and referral sites), make QuikStor and indispensable part of our team. I view QuikStor as a strategic partner in operations more than a vendor. That is unique today and it is valuable. QuikStor is a big part of our success.

Pros

Easy to use at all levels of management, solid integrations, made by people with actual self storage operating experience, rather than just programmers, great customer support and great pricing.

Cons

The word processing component is clunky, but I understand an upgrade is in the works.

Sarah C.

Horrible

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

I have to leave a message to a voicemail and don't get a call until days even weeks later. However, there never seems to be an issue when it comes to pulling out our payment to them

Cons

They have pulled triple payments from my customer not one time but TWICE and then try to blame another company. Meanwhile, I and my customers are left holding the bag and refunding overdraft fees that were inquired because of their error, if you sub par service and product resolution this is the software for you........

Rebecca G.
Industry: Consumer Goods

easy to use ...

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

Quikstor is super easy to use especially for first time users all the basic fields are available on the home screen ie..Entering new customers, payments, vacating a tenant, payment history,notes, Tenant information ,vacating a tenant and of course once you get use to the basic stuff you get to use your other features changing paid to dates, voiding payments ,NFS, managers credits and debits, ...the list goes on and on. This is a super program with great reports to analyze all everything about your facility.

Pros

Super easy to use

Cons

you can not use a credit between linked units only the unit the credit is applied,Tenants are on your delinquent report on the first, there is no real feature to prorate a tenant out ,only one credit card can be saved in a tenants payment screen.

Kelly V.
Industry: Building Materials
Company size: Self Employed

Amazing customer service!!!!

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

QuikStor has amazing customer service! From customer support to technical issues, just awesome to work with! An extremely easy program to navigate and use! And an even simpliar company to trouble shoot with! I do wish some reports would attach and automatically generate and send monthly to specific vendors! But the over all business report generator is easy to navagate easier to use and all encompassing!

Pros

Customer service
Report options

Cons

Reports that automatically generate and send monthly to vendors are not easily utilized

Tracie T.

Great software!

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

I've worked with numerous different storage programs and this one rates right up there!! The tech support staff is always very friendly and they get me taken care of right away!!

Pros

Simple & easy to use

Cons

Limited number of characters usable for additional authorized users. Also could use an option of renting it to a company or an individual.

Drew S.

Basic Program for Basic Properties

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

- Very simple to use, employees can be trained rather quickly
- Payments are quick and easy, most take a minute or less to process
- Daily Database back-ups automatically sent to your email

Cons

- Lacking a lot of features
- Feels like an early 2000s database rather than an interactive app/program
- Lacks a lot of reports that would help
- CRM lacking/not as advanced as other programs

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Great software choice

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/12/10

QuikStor is a solid management platform providing decent value.

Pros

QuikStor has all the essential reporting a small to medium sized self-storage operator could need for daily use.

Cons

QuikStor reports are limited in customizability and its interface has not been updated to keep up with competing platforms.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Sergio R.

Effective and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

I've been using QuikStor Express for two years now without an issue. Compered to other software I've used in the past, QuikStor express has a user-friendly layout that is clear and easy to understand.

Andy E.

Solid software option

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

This was a good, solid software option for self-storage use. I used it at an administrative level for a mid-level company and it worked well for us.

Stephanie T.

Multi-Site Operator - Very Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2016/02/01

We have used QuikStor Express for all of our locations in middle Tennessee for several years. The software is amazing and I am very impressed with Smart Client. It allows me to get into the database of any location in real time. It is easy to set up users with different levels of access which gives me complete control of operations.

The support we have received has been nothing short of incredible. We have had to use them for acquisitions and the conversion process, though never fun, was seamless with their product and their team. I have never had to wait for a response from them for more than an hour and issues that we have experienced were addressed very quickly.

We chose QuikStor Express due the amazing compatibility with Quick Books. The reports provided are fantastic and there is never anything I need that I can't get from them.

The software is absolutely user friendly and encompasses everything you would need to run a self storage property. Move in, transfers, rental rates, point of sale items, sales tax, credit card processing and much more are features of the software. Several years ago we implemented the E-Commerce program on our website and our customers can pay their bill online, update their information, rent and reserve units with ease.

The Company offers online help and user manuals. They send newsletters and have webinars and video help.

I cannot say enough about QuikStor Xpress. I highly recommend them.

Kyle M.
Industry: Real Estate

Awesome company! Great customer support!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

I like the ease of use, It's very straight forward and simple. I also really like the very detailed reporting.

Cons

Only real cons is that they don't offer accrual basis accounting, and they don't have a web based service.

Lori B.

15 Years With QuikStor

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

We have used QuikStor for all of our facilities. Over the years, I have watched QuikStor evolve in to a strong team. Always supportive and quick to respond when assistance is needed. I always look forward to seeing you at the conference in Vegas.

Pros

I think it is user friendly for the most part. The tutorials are good.

Cons

Changing things in word processing is difficult.

Waldon B.

What a Mistake!

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

I don't know about other self-storage facilities, but for years we have struggled with the bugs in this product, going at great expense from a wired product to a wireless product. That expense was not justified as the software has bugs in it that routinely cause even the simplest of procedures, such as an access report, to be unavailable until you call them for "PAID SUPPORT". In other words, when there are bugs in the system and only a Quikstor professional knows how to fix them, you are expected to pay them for the information you had no access to in any manual and nobody but a programmer would know how to do. They send you bills for any call to them, the recently sent me a bill for the boards that blow out routinely in their access keypads, even when you have changed and paid for an upgraded wireless system! Unbelievable. Do not buy this system, you will regret it and the time and effort you will spend on it. DEMCO and several others cost less than 1/2 of this product and do not fail and will provide support whenever the product goes down. We will be removing this system in 2017.

Pros

When it works, the gate access reports are good.

Cons

There are bugs in the software, customer support is slow, expensive, and sometimes takes forever to diagnose the bug.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Joe K.

You could not pay me to switch from QuikStor!

Reviewed on 2016/02/01

You could not pay me to switch from QuikStor! In fact as a U-Haul dealer I was constantly bombarded with switching to "Their" software. I recently spoke with the MCP and asked them to stop bugging me.

I am surprised by the low review. I have had nothing but great success with these guys. When I think they are on top of the game they add a new feature that I can now not run the business without.

My gates work flawless. Maybe A surge board will blow out in the keypad. But they are cheap and I keep them on hand. In fact I just looked at the box they where sent in and it was June 2013. I have mad a call on a weekend and call is returned from a tech on call. It may not be as quickly as during the week but problem solved none the less. I look forward to new features that I didn't know I could not live without.

Keep up the awesome work.

Tracy P.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 2016/02/24

Our company has been working with QuikStor on an issue for quite sometime. They have showed great perseverance in the dedication to keep on top of the issue and find resolve. Danny Ruiz has been tremendous at being proactive in making sure QuikStor is always doing what we need it to do for our particular site. The program is user friendly and easily trained on for new employees. I have been in various computer based businesses and this by far has been the best system I have trained on and become very competent at using in just a short time. I think you will find that it will be a benefit to your self storage business too! Thank you again to all the support staff at QuikStor for assisting us at every needed moment. I know we had a different set up than most and I appreciate everything you have done to make our site one of the best and most secure. We love QuikStor!

Kelly V.

Amazing all the way around!!

Reviewed on 2016/03/01

QuikStor and the staff within QuikStor are phenomenal! The program is extremely easy to learn, understand and use. I can not say enough about the customer service. They are there for you through the set up into the day to day usage no matter the issue or question. An answer will be supplied to you quickly in terms easily understood. I have not came across a con within this program or its staff within the last 18 years of doing business with them. The knowledge and expertise of all aspects of this industry is immense. The willingness to assist with all aspects of this industry is above and beyond the scope of a software program and staff. Definitely, strongly recommend QuikStor!!!!!!

Mark S.

Awesome Service and Software out in the Market

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

I love this software and the customer service that comes with it, I have been in the storage industry for many years and tried many software and once I purchased Quikstor Express I knew that was the program for me! The program is very easy to learn and pretty straightforward in the everyday life of a storage manager/owner. A little bit about their customer service is that they want you to know they are always there when needed, I wanna thank the support team for always being there for us as they always make sure we are good before end of call.

Response from QuikStor

Thanks for your review Mark. We appreciate the feedback!

Kyle M.

Perfect for our company!

Reviewed on 2016/02/08

Since integrating Quikstor into our company we have had a much easier time managing our 19 locations and our store managers love the features.
They have a great support team- any time we have had a slight issue they have been quick to fix it. Shaina even came out to present new features to our corporate team.
We have had an overall excellent experience and I would definitely recommend their software to friends in the storage industry.

Kathleen B.

QuikStor is easy to use, the help menu is easy to understand.

Reviewed on 2016/02/24

I have found setting up new units was a little confusing at first but after reading the help menu I was able to set them up quickly.

Using the favorite reports, has made end of month report printing much faster than looking for the reports that I need through the report function.

The waiting list function has made life much easier than using a manual list.

Mike S.

2+ years user

Reviewed on 2015/12/10

Pros. Very easy to set up and use. Does everything you need for a storage facility
Con. Poor service Service calls on weekends are not returned in a timely manner. Repetitive problems with gate software and syncing.