Mode

Cloud-based BI tool for data analysis and visualization

Mario D.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Good for operative reporting but not as well as bi tool.

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Small companies without any reporting tool is good to start.

Pros

Easy to use with technical background. Easy to run a queries analyze the results and built interesting charts to do some exploratory data analysis or follow some KPIs. Also is good subscription by email (or other methods) and great to use python to create some sophisticated analysis.

Cons

It's not easy to use for final user without SQL background. If you are looking for operative reporting or EDA is a good solution but if your final users don't know SQL and wats to do some analysis with data like: drag a drop dimensions measures from data mart and build their own analysis, use "drill down", use some sophisticated filters (or/and) or analysis to compare two sets of data,... it has a great way to go.

Sameer S.
  • Industry: Utilities

Excellent Query Tool / Embedded BI

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

We needed a centralized query tool, as well as a tool that provides BI capabilities. Mode provides both.

Pros

Security First - It's clear to us that security a primary consideration for all features they roll out
High Customizability - we are able to skin our reports as we'd like
Great Integrations - we post reports to Slack, via API, etc.
Usability - it's extremely easy to use

Cons

White-Label Feature doesn't seem to be a priority, as it doesn't get frequent updates

Oriol M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Ease of use, strongly recommended

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Pros

MODE is very easy to learn and really helpful. Since we started using it we’ve been using more and more, making it a MUST for any single area of the company. Connecting to Slack and automating its reports allowd the whole company to know how the business is performing at anytime.

Cons

It would be much appreciated if heatmaps could be easier to implement.

• Industry: Automotive

White Label Imbeds fit perfectly into our software.

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Overall, it has changed our company. Internally, our teams have data pushed to them daily or weekly. Our end users have significantly more dynamic systems. And overall, our analytics stack has a very predictable cost structure. We love Mode!

Pros

We love Mode's ability to push analytics into Slack for internal analytics.
We also heavily use Mode's White Label Embed capability into our website. We are able to configure Mode's look and feel to be perfectly on-brand. Mode's analytics plug perfectly into our site.

Cons

Mode's Grid and Pivot grids still have a long way to go. We end up plugging DevExtreme into Mode - which accomplishes exactly what we need... but it's a lot of work. It would have been nice to have beautiful pivot grids and data grids out-of-the-box.

Mode also needs the ability to have triggers (only send this report if X>Y). Right now, Mode can only send on a schedule... but many of our needs are warning systems (if X<=0 then send an alert to this team).

Brett D.

Reviewed on 2019/12/26

While there are some minor frustrations with using Mode, overall I've really enjoyed the product and would definitely recommend!

Pros

The user interface is intuitive and makes it easy to go from writing queries to creating dashboards.

Cons

1. There are glitches that can be frustrating.
2. There are certain missing features that would be nice additions.

Example glitch:
1. When going from a query to report builder, certain times the created dashboard visuals won't load, which requires a page refresh to make it appear.

Example additional features:
1. Ability to show or minimize all queries (i.e., show/hide the query & associated charts).
2. Ability to set a default color scheme for your account without having admin permissions.

Benson O.

December 2019

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Overall experience has been great. Mode allows me to create a minimal viable product and share with colleagues and stakeholders quickly.

Pros

I like the Python Notebook. It allows me to wrangle data from many data sources and quickly share results with the rest of the company.

Cons

There may be memory limitations when using the notebook with underlying data sets.

Abedin S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

A lot of analisys regarding our bussines

Pros

It is super easy to use you can create a lot of queries

Cons

the dashboard tools you can create visualisations the big number etc

Jennifer R.

MODE IS GREAT!

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

I really enjoy using it! At my previous roles we had to find this data by ourselves so it speeds up my pre-call research.

Pros

It is so comprehensive. There are so many facets to mode that I am able to use in all of my sales calls. It gives me insights into my prospects most other sales reps do not have.

Cons

It takes too long to load all of the data, slowing down my day to day.

Trupti G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

One of the best UI used for SQL

Excellent

Pros

I love how user-friendly the environment is. It is used even by the non-techies in my company.

Cons

I wish graphs could be more flexible to use

Jennie W.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great tool for analyst of all levels

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Very positive.

Pros

I love that [1] I could get started very quickly [2] easy to write sql queries [3] but have the option of adding more complex features to build cool dashboards.

Cons

The advanced features are cool, but it takes a lot of time to figure out how to use them. The Mode service team is really good at providing support, but you still need a lot of background to leverage the help they give you.

Chris E.

Informative

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Overall, it's a pretty great program. My primary use is to follow, NPS, CSTAT and Resolution rates as well as driver data

Pros

The ability to obtain cross function data from multiple locations

Cons

sometimes the amount of data entered returns less responses

Travis F.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Fantastic

Pros

Very easy to use and gives a lot of useful information

Cons

Honestly not much. Its a great product that really helps with my job role.

Pamela V.

I love Mode!

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Pros

Straight forward to use. Easy to use. Can do a lot with it.

Cons

Sometimes it crashes but it's not that big of a deal.

Samuel A.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

SQL Editor + Python Notebook

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

I've used Mode to query our databases to investigate basic questions such as revenue generation from each stream of income, drop in user engagement, average cost of client

Pros

The User Interface and the fact that I can perform SQL queries and Python coding on the software are definitely a win. Especially considering the ability to use the query results in the python notebook without having to export and re-import tables.

Cons

The fact that it is an online product that I have to log in to each time I want to use it. It would be nice to use my terminal to launch it seamlessly after a first time log in.

Henry T.

Simple analytics and BI

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

Simple to spin up and share new queries and insights.

Cons

Creating visualizations isn't straightforward, but I may have more learning to do

Makiko F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very good solution for quick and easy analytics

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Pros

Ease of setting up the dashboard
Data visualization options are really easy

Cons

It's a bit slow sometimes in running large queries

Vern B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent Tool for Data Analysis

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Pros

Easy-to-digest, multiple views of data.

Cons

Occasional difficulty with connecting into Mode.

Nathan V.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Best way to see your data

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Mode allows us to get concrete answers about how our customers are using our product. The data visualization is a key player in sales, product, marketing, and customer support in our organization,

Pros

Very easy to use, set up and organize. Their charting and reporting tools are super powerful, and generate great dashboards and reports.

The ability to schedule report runs and even send them to Slack or email makes it easy for everyone in our organization to be on the same page.

Cons

Really just some minor UI annoyances, but nothing that would prevent me from recommending the software.

David M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Mode Reporting Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Mode allows a easy to use reporting solution that is under source control and allows for all levels of the organization to use it effectively from analyst to a developer. This is very refreshing. In addition Mode makes some beautiful reports that end users love.

Pros

The killer feature for mode is how it integrates into source control (github). I have used a lot of different reporting products and there is always a big pain point in putting the reports into source control and easily understanding what dependencies each report has to various data sources. Mode makes this so easy, and allows me to quickly change data sources from a code editor across many reports.

Cons

There does not seem to be a lot of options to connect to datasources other than from a database. It would be nice if you could define connections from an API.

Khantil P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A great Analytics tool for small - medium size teams

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Mode allows us to monitor our delivery operations. It helped us to improve on tracking our KPI's closely and overall company performance.

Pros

The ease of use. Mode is really easy to use, specially you can put it as a self-serve data platform to anyone in your team maybe support, marketing, sales. Everyone can use and get the data.

Cons

The version we had was running queries on our own databases everytime we refresh the dashboard.

Will G.

Great product that keeps getting better

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I'm a big fan of Mode. We use it for all kinds of business analysis and operational improvements. Plus, we use the dashboards to run daily meetings and have daily emails sent out with key metrics. I've found the support to be great and you can tell that they're working hard to make improvements every quarter.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact that they keep improving the visualizations so it's becoming a one stop shop for analytics.

Cons

It's not Mode's fault, but I need to teach so many other people SQL in order to help them out. Otherwise they just re-run the same old reports.

Arielle M.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Pros

Mode provides a similar environment to a jupyter notebook which was familiar and easy to adopt. Mode supports many packages and allows me to create visualizations that stakeholders can interact with in a front end dashboard. Mode has been responsive to feedback and has introduced new features to alleviate problems.

Cons

I wish there was more functionality on designing the dashboards without having to edit the html. Additionally, although many packages are supported in the notebook they are not always up to date which causes some trouble when using current documentation.

Ifabiyi A.

Mode Review from someone new to SQL

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Pros

I really love that when I search for a column without knowing the table name - it will spit back the results of tables that may include the column I'm looking for.

Cons

For someone less technical, it isn't the easiest to build dashboards with inputs and make my queries more user-friendly for my teammates.

Zach S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

I like the feasibility of getting data as soon as possible without having to spend a ton of time digging around.

Cons

It does take a decent amount of time to initially familiarize yourself with the software however once you do its very easy going forward.

Jane S.

Easy for a SQL noob, but more templates + help with chart building needed

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Pros

As someone new to SQL, the error messages are relatively easy to parse and it's really simple to copy and tweak queries and reports.

Cons

The chart building is not super intuitive; it would be great if there were easy templates to use.