Ginger

Proofreading, spelling and grammar checking tool

4 /5 (57 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Vinay G.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

for grammar and spell check

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

my overall experience with this software is very good. i am learning with the help of this software and improve my skills of speaking and writing.

Pros

the best part of this software that it does improve your skills of writing and even help in speaking skills. i like the way of this software to help someone, like chrome extension.

Cons

first thing it doesn't show one word mistake i mean it helps only in paragraph and doesn't translate the word like other software.

Response from Ginger Software

Hi Vinay,
Thank you for contacting Ginger.

Thank you for your feedback.
If you are using the Chrome Ginger Writer or our Desktop app (for Windows) then you can see each mistake word by word.

And you can also translate using these tools.

We are happy to read that you enjoy our product.

Kerry O.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Updates have ruined my respect for Ginger

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

It's been excellent until this recent update this last week.

Pros

I enjoyed to document checking, the rephrasing options, and reading back my stories.

Cons

The updates consistently either slow down the software or freezes it the last one several days ago. Says internet server error or document is corrupted, which either isn't true!

Sherry G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Review for ginger

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Pros

I like this software as it ease my writing skills and improve communication, by making my text more readable and user-friendly for the audience. I had been using it for enhancing my text for lectures and classes and it's such as bloss

Cons

No cons as such but price could be little improved. That is it should be little cheaper.

Response from Ginger Software

Hi Sherry,
Thank you so much for your review.
It is important for us to understand how our users feel about our products and we are happy to read that you get all the benefits of using Ginger.

Warren C.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Exceptional efficiency and value

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

No business or other problems with Ginger, but a lot of assistance with writing.

Pros

The program's ease of use and online availability

Cons

If a writer includes illustrations, he or she must work around them, and if you use "italics" or "bold" the software won't recognize them and you must go in and replace them after corrections.

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Warren,
Ginger won't change the fonts when using it within MS-Office, otherwise if you use Ginger inside the Ginger writer box, then we are using a default font which is why when pasting back the text you will need to use that default font.

If you need further assistance, please contact our support-

Tomas W.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Ginger good app

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

I'm not native speaker so it is must for my work.

Pros

Great for my work, for some reason i have more trust they dont steal my data, then gramerly. Great customer support

Cons

It is less useful in tech space, it cannot realy rephrase a sentence. Not dealing well with line breaks.

Response from Ginger Software

Hi Tomas,
Thank you for your feedback.

Rest assure that privacy is our main concern and that we do not store nor transfer any personal not sensitive data related to our user.
It comes first in our priorities.

Rivaldo B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

I use Ginger to help grammar in my paper

Reviewed on 2019/11/24

I am very satisfied with the performance and features of Ginger, but I am still waiting for add-on on several browsers.

Pros

As a student who has the task of writing many papers, Ginger has helped me check the grammar in my writing. The way Ginger checks grammar is by checking the structure of sentences so that I can easily understand his mistakes.

Cons

Sometimes Ginger experiences errors and problems when I use it on some software. This add-on is also not yet available in some browsers. But I am sure this will be fixed in the next update.

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Rivaldo,
Thank you for your positive feedback.
We can assure you we are ahead of any bugs we are aware of. If there is anything you think we should know about, feel free to contact our support -

Gerrit B.

Ginger stop working

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

The company is not responsive to any user queries-
See: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

It used to be a great product. It worked well with MS Word.

Cons

Ginger is taking people's money and its not working at all!

Ginger stop working on MS Office - since Flash is required and is has been discontinued.
It is also not working in Google Doc.

They are now running a fraudulent operation. It used to be great and I was and will be a great fan - if it starts working again - At this stage they are sealing users' money!

Savannah A.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Ginger Program

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

Used ginger at the daycare I used to work at- and it was great. Only problem was checking in the wrong dogs which isn't a software problem just a staff problem. Overall really liked how easy it was to use.

Pros

It's very easy to use

Cons

Fixing an error was a long process

Abhishek S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Ginger it !

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Pros

a) The best about thing, it gives you the alternative sentences.
b) Spelling checking and make the sentence with correct with suggestions and adjectives.

Cons

a) Till now, i did not found any glitch in it

Camila da F.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Ginger is a great gramar checker

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Pros

Whenever I need to proofread my texts, I use Ginger, it helps me to correct my mistakes. Very practical and useful.

Cons

Ginger always helps me to formulate the best texts.

Jovana V.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Spice Up Your Writing

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Ginger has accuracy many grammar checking tools are lacking. It is simple to use, a bit pricey, but it seems that all alike software keeps the price up. But overall, a very positive experience.

Pros

I tried a number of grammer checkers and I still get surprised how (in)accurate some are. Well, Ginger is one of the most accurate. If only the price was more affordable.

Cons

I noticed that I too much rely on grammar chekers, so if your spelling is deteriorating like mine they should be to blame. :) But more seriously, they need to integrate wit Google Docs soon, that is a huge turnoff for many people.

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Jovana,
Thank you for your feedback.
We will take your suggestions into consideration.

Christopher P.

Nice proof reading tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

So far, I am having a nice experience using this tool. Highly recommended for students.

Pros

Ginger page is nice tool that I use daily as grammar and spelling checker. I write professional email to my professors at school and to many employees at big companies. Ginger helps me to avoid any grammar mistakes which might sound unprofessional. The chrome extension is awesome and help me to avoid any mistakes.

Cons

The MS word Add-in of ginger crashes a lot on m computer

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Christopher,
Thank you for your product perspective.
We are sorry to read about the issues you have encountered with Ginger while using Office.
Please allow us to try and solve this issue.
Please, contact our support staff and they can take it from there. Just email - [email protected] and we shall contact you back.

• Industry: Online Media

Double and Triple Your Work with Ginger

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

I am a multi tasker and in a desire to get stuff done quickly I miss simple typos that would make my work look sloppy, Giner has corrected that for me.

Pros

I like that I can be certain I have not missed any typos and correct in real time.

Cons

Sometimes when I have to copy and paste into Ginger Writer suggestions do not always show up. Sometimes Ginger will delete a word that is a mistake.

Response from Ginger Software

Hi,
Thank you for your review.
We would recommend contacting our support staff to try and solve any technical issue you have encountered with Ginger.

Camillo D.

Awesome

Reviewed on 2017/12/27

Pros

This software is mandatory for non English speakers. Easy to use, corrects all english mistakes and works on different platforms

Cons

The interface is good, works with word and outlook, but for speeding up the process, the iOS keyboard is missing

Dheepthi J.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Worst Customer Support

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Software is excellent but support is horrible. Now it's a pain in my head.

Pros

The Software is really good. That motivated me in purchasing monthly plan. When I found the my subscription is auto renewed after my purchase(whi

Cons

Software usage motivated me in purchasing monthly plan. When I found that my subscription is auto renewed after my purchase(there is no info shared in the purchase page). I don't like their approach so I decided to cancel.
Then I found out, only way to contact them is via email. I created cancellation request and it's been 2-3 days with no updates. (the SLA termed is 24 hours to get back to the request)
And the worst of all is, as a card holder and user I don't have access to cancel my subscription or remove my card.

I don't want to end up paying because of poor customer support.

Hope the team would see this and act of my request.

Vahid A.

Easy to use and useful

Reviewed on 2019/07/21

Pros

-User-friendly
-Easy to learn and use for beginners
-It has an extension in chrome
-Powerful in finding grammatical errors

Cons

-The only thing that I can say is that It is not compatible with Google docs.

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Vahid,
Thank you for providing your feedback.
Overall, we are happy to read that you enjoy our product.
We are working to bring Ginger to Google Docs as well.

Always at your service.

Paul C.
  • Industry: Market Research

No Longer Works with Powerpoint

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Good until the last several weeks. No longer works with Powerpoint.

Pros

Been using for years. Was a 5 but no longer works with PowerPoint since Adobe Flash stopped last week. I have contacted customer support two times and no usable response.

Cons

No Longer Works with Powerpoint. That is what I used it for. No workaround provided.

Sheza H.

Make Your Proofreading Easy With Ginger

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

When talking about the overall experience, Ginger is best for my work and for anyone who needs any kind of writing assistance. And, I appreciate their 24/7 customer support. The team contacts instantaneously and try to solve the issue as soon as they can.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the availability of its plugins for all the major browsing places. I use this tool for proofreading the emails that I am going to send. I'm an article writer and I need to pay a lot of attention and focus on grammar and this software assists me in avoiding different errors.

Cons

I don't know what the reason is, but sometimes the mistakes do not appear even after pasting the text on Ginger. Also, I feel that it's premium version is a bit expensive. Sometimes, the program hangs without any reason and all the editing is lost.

Olga B.

A great way to start writing practice

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Well, it is an outstanding tool, but only at some point of English learning. But for ESL/EFL Intermediate and Pre-Intermediate students it can become a powerful, motivating, encouraging and educative tool which will increase their passion for perfection. It helps as well to understand that all the mistakes, errors, typos, slips of tongue and slips of finger, blunders, gaffes and bloopers are valuable and any human being must learn from them and keep moving forward.

Pros

The software is based on Natural Language Processing and is probably derived from Generative Grammar by Noam Chomsky. This software is a powerful tool for those who have just started to learn English writing. It can be a great helping hand which will teach you how to paraphrase and what's more, it will demonstrate you the incorrect spelling. It will give you hints on adequate word meanings, can translate your wordings in more than 50 different languages. It is capable to read your texts out loud, can train you and motivate you. You will be able to easily use the program wherever you like: there are versions of Ginger for Desktop, Chrome, Safari, iOS or Android and even Microsoft Office. It can be your proofreader, coach and motivator. Such a great step for your writing progress. It is a great tool for Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate ESL/EFL Students.

Cons

I am not sure that there are versions for Linux (Ubuntu/Debian users).

Susanta H.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Customer service

Reviewed on 2021/01/25

Very bad experience once I am encountering a problem with the software. This is because there is no real person to help as customer support.

Pros

It is user friendly. Automated correction through word, made it easier to use.

Cons

Customer service. There is no real customer service. It has been one week, ginger software is not working. There is no direct person to help. Only after few days someone responding via email with different version of changes and nothing works.
This is a gross violation of quality control of any industry.
It should notified to all customers.

Arla J.
  • Industry: Government Administration

a review

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

I have learned that i make similar mistakes over and over again and ginger has pointed out those examples for me and I have been able to correct them.
I have used it to rephrase some sentences, and also to check the correct spelling in research papers

Pros

easy to use, even better than others currently on market.
you can use it online or in word-documents.
there is no limit in words or pages to check

Cons

it does not always understand the content especially if it is a specific research topic.
I would like ginger to have more choices of how to refine or rephrase your own sentences

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Arla,
Thank you for your feedback.
As you know there is no perfect grammar solution out there, but we are doing the best we can the achieve that goal of being the best in the industry and as close to perfection as possible,

Kreeti P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Software that corrects writing errors

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Ginger helps me write my document more correctly and professionally. It also helps with a free personal dictionary that helps me understand the meaning of any word immediately.

Pros

Along with its Grammar editing feature, it offers a personal dictionary and a language translation feature that translates around forty different languages, which is impressive.

Cons

Ginger's grammar correction feature is not as robust as compared to other applications out there in the market as it sometimes fails to correct the grammatical errors upon variant in sentence structures.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Check your grammar with Ginger

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Ginger solved most of my writing deficiency. At least to a great extent, I'm a better writer

Pros

It's very effective, maintain proper grammar throughout your text. Free plan available, and also an affordable premium subscription

Cons

It's not easy to install and use its application. It's always hanging.

Response from Ginger Software

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
We are happy to read that you enjoy using Ginger.

If you have any technical issues, please contact our support- [email protected] to get further help.

Jack S.

Ginger worked for me.

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

I used Ginger to help write a novel. I purchased Ginger to proof read and the read aloud feature was ideal.

Pros

I use Ginger to proof read my book. I also use Ginger to help rewrite sentences. The audible read back feature was outstanding. Ginger is easy to use and a great value.

Cons

I used Ginger exclusively while writing my novel and found it a great advantage and had no problems.

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Jack,
Thank you for your positive feedback.
We are happy to read about great people who give our everyday work and effort a great meaning.

Cheers,

Bongani D.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Excellent software. I would recommend it to any one especially students

Pros

Easy to use and grammar check is excellent

Cons

Some suggested grammar corrections need improving

Response from Ginger Software

We appreciate your review.

All the best,