Showing 23 reviews of 13

Typely

Online proofreading application for writers and editors

Showing 23 reviews of 13
Sheza H.

Get the Best Editing and Proofreading of Your Docs

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

It is free software that I use for proofreading of my documents. I like Typely as it is quite reliable to use. As long as you have an internet connection, you can easily edit and proofread your work. I have a lot of work to check by this software as I am a content writer. So, this tool never disappoints me.

Cons

The thing I don't like about Typely is the absence of some essential features. There are only a few available features, and all of them are limited due to their free version. Also, I wish I can use it offline as well.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Typely- For all

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Typely never disappointed me on every occasion, so if you want to proof-read your contents, feel free to use Typely and the benefits for free of charge.

Pros

Typely is a complete freeware and it is doing a pretty decent job when compared to other markets available paid alternatives. We can proofread all our blog posts and report contents with Typely with ease and more efficient. The advantage of Tyeply is, no need to install an application and we can access through our browsers. Typely is more reliable and more accurate when compares to the other alternative.

Cons

Sometimes, Typely does not detect simple mistakes and the features of Typely is limited. I hope in future a lot of features will be introduced to fulfil our writing needs. Rather than this, I don't have any cons regarding the handy application.

Beverly A.

Proofread and Correct

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

My overall experience with Typely has been great. This software has been a great writing tool for creating professional writing skills.

Pros

Typely is an online software tool that is completely free. It is very easy to use. It also provides the ability to correct grammar and spelling. It helps me to check my papers before submitting them. I feel very confident that there are no errors. Great tool for writing.

Cons

I Wish there was an work offline option. Despite this, I like this software very much. Typely is great for people who has just started to write.

• Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Proofreading Tool for writters and bloggers

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Documents are uploaded on it for a proper grammar fix and it's very fast with that. User experience is great with it

Pros

Typely is a wonderful proofreading platform. It's not AI-powered, that makes it a better proofreader. Operates in the simple mode of copying and pasting your texts on it. And you have the ability to save corrected documents on it

Cons

Typely should work on its website interface and design. It should be finer

Olivia P.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

A decent additional tool to add to proofreading

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

I think it is a nice addition to editing programs and tools I already use, but it is not enough in itself to do what I really need before publishing my work or sending documents to clients. I don't expect a program to do all the work but this one may not be enough compared to other options out there.

Pros

It scans and picks up mistakes that I didn't catch while looking over multiple times. It has free and affordable options.

Cons

It doesn't correct grammar. I have to run my documents through another program to completely edit what this Typely doesn't pick up. It's not visually appealing.

Bintu laraba A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Craft Better Messages With Typely

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

I've been able to communicate my expertise in my field of study and at the same time write faster with Typely.

Pros

Typely enhances business communication, it allows me to draft clear messages free from error with proper sentence format. It's easy to use and makes communication easier. It's a writing tool to be considered for effective communication.

Cons

There's nothing I hate about Typely, it's easy to use and makes writing fun.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Try Typely

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Typely provides a fast and easy way to proofread and edit your works. With Typely, I can easily filter my works before posting to a blog or submitting a report

Pros

Typely is a free-for-all online proofreading platform. With Typely, you can be sure you always have the oppurtunity to proofread and edit your text and documents as long as you have internet connectivity on your device. Unlike other proofreading and editing platforms, Typely flags reasonably. It flags whenever it is convinced there is something wrong with either your spelling or grammar. That makes it reliable.

Cons

Typely lacks the necessary features to put on the podium of online proofreading platforms. Because it is free, the available features are limited. The scoreboard is basically the only addtional feature Typely provides. It might be better to have a pro package for better delivery

• Industry: Media Production

What You Need To Know About Typely Before Using it

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Overall, Typely hepls in analizing my documents. It helps me measure the number of words and characters so as not to go beyond the planned content size. I also love the vocabulary, grade level as well as the sentiment analisys feature of the application.

Pros

I love the way it analyzed the content right in the stats section. The analysis is a pointer to how well or how bad my document is. I think this is very good!

Cons

It does not automatically correct the punctuations. I expect it to autocorect the punctuations and spellings in the Editor tab.

Hanah S.

Edit Now and Fast

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

This site isn't confusing. It makes you want to continue to write. I like sites where all I have to do is login to the site and do what I have to do. The setting option helps you fix certain parts of your work before you get started. Overall, this site is useful for every writer.

Pros

I like how you can just paste into the Typely box what you wrote. This site is unique and I enjoy it. The documents that I upload to this site can be saved and stored. I can delete my uploaded documents when I want to delete them. There are a few other options that are connected to this site that I like so much. I can export my document to Google Docs. I use Google Docs so much and this is the main platform I use to type up my work. So, this is so helpful. I don't have to scratch my head or figure out how to do it. This site has a word counter which I use because some projects want a certain amount of words. I love how this site breaks down the reading time for the document and also how many characters. Sometimes, I have errors and this site catches them and will tell you if there is a typo. Finally, I would have to say I love how I can just go to this site and not download anything.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about this website is how it states the grade level of your writing. I think that may cause some people not to want to write or they may feel like they have to be perfect at writing. I think it may give the wrong message. I wish there were more colors you can use, as you type. I wish this site had colorful background colors.

Jovana V.

Takes More Than Typing

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

It lacks all the features many pricey grammar checkers have. But at the end of the day it is a decent tool and you get it for free.

Pros

It is a decent and reliable tool, perhaps not that accurate but statistics for free make up for the lack of other things. I am not impressed but if you don't need anything spectacular Typely will do.

Cons

I guess that something was not working with my autocorrection. I do hope that it is not expected from me to do changes manually.

Arun P.

Handy Proofreading tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

All writers and bloggers should use this tool for writing all kinds of contents.

Pros

Free and Handy proofreading tool which help write my blogging content without any errors and helps me save time with there online editing tool.
Can also download writing work as PDF and other document saving option.
Text to read option is also available.
No account needed

Cons

All files are stored in cache and should also provide an option to clear cache on next visit based on user preference such as 24 hrs and so on.

Diksha N.

Typely- An Amazing Proofreading Software to try

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

It is free and highly convenient to use, which makes it a must try proofreading software for all.

Pros

Typely is one of the best proofreading software I have come across till date. Its user-friendly interface makes it a big hit among writers. Most importantly it is a software that is open to all and anyone can directly carry out their proofreading and editing tasks efficiently. Apart from that, the results generated by the software are highly reliable and accurate. This is the reason why I frequently resort to this software to check my writeups for any errors.

Cons

Although, I like the idea that this software is available for free. Therefore, I think this is the reason why this tool is missing out on many essential features. Taking that into consideration, if the authorities can launch a premium package of this software with those add-on features, then it would be highly accepted among the veterans too.

Lily S.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Online Writing Tools With Extra Features

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Other than the usual text editor, Typely also comes with some extras such as pomodoro timer, dark mode, words and characters count, full-screen mode, and background sound. It also proofread your writing.

Cons

It doesn't correct your mistakes and it can't be integrated with tools that correct your grammar such as Grammarly.