Showing 73 reviews of 63

Linguix

Get clean and crisp copy with Linguix

Showing 73 reviews of 63
Tim S.
  • Industry: Research

Linguix solved my WhiteSmoke problems!

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Linguix just works 24/7 helping me to quickly correct my grammar and spelling. It has made the quality of my writing much improved and professional.

Pros

I like that it is a Lifetime plan and works well in Google Chrome. The software has been getting better with time, the company seems focused on improvements. I don't think I will ever be asked to upgrade again! The software just works.

Cons

I wish that there was a plugin for Mellel word processor or MS Word for the Mac, but it's fairly quick to just copy and paste a page of text into the Linguix document section on Chrome.

Response from Textly

Hello! Thanks for the honest review!

Matthew J.

The Grammarly Alternative You've Been Waiting For

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

If you don't want to shell out for Grammarly and want a more affordable solution, you should still strongly consider Linguix.

It's very solid overall, and for most use cases, it's going to perform exactly how you expect it. It's great for non-native speakers to catch corrections as well. I feel as though there are still some nuances of languages that natives either use or detect a bit better than the software right now, but especially for those who are speaking in their second, third, or fourth language, then you can rely on Linguix to support you.

Pros

Easy to deploy - it's as simple as installing a browser extension and you're good to go!

Secret Mode - for those who are working on 'sensitive' material and don't want it on any servers for checking, opening it up for possible leaks, you can do so safely using Linguix's Secret Mode in their back-end. Once you're done, the work is deleted permanently.

Snippets - do you use the same phrases over and over again, but only make minor updates each time? You can create snippets to use a simple shortcut to generate your phrase or content quickly and easily.

The extension and service have a very clean UI, very similar to Grammarly, so if you're transitioning over, you'll feel pretty comfortable in this new environment.

Cons

As of yet, no desktop app. Competitors like "Pro Writing Aid" have one and it integrates with things like Microsoft Word and Outlook so that while you're working and sending professional communication, you are remaining consistent. I know they're working on this, so it's a matter of time, but as of right now, it's lacking.

The other thing is that the suggestions/recommendations aren't always rich or in-depth enough, and sometimes miss those very minor details you wish it had caught.

When comparing the same phrase containing errors against Grammarly, Pro Writing Aid and Linguix, Linguix came in 3rd in this area. They've been improving their algorithm and things have improved, and I know they are heavily focusing on their 'core' to ensure that it's more accurate and robust over time.

Divaksh J.

Writing assistant that not only focuses on writing enhancement but also productivity.

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

We use Linguix on daily basis, the most used feature in our case is grammar correction and snippets.

Pros

1. Speed: Speed of suggestion is amazing, faster than Grammarly.

2. Snippets: this one is my favourite feature. I often have to do repeated texts to my clients and team members. Before Linguix I'll have to paste it from the Windows Clipboard or the sticky notes but now getting them right into my text editor is just a shortcut away.

3. Secret Mode: We often share our account/computer with our friends and family, if you use the secret mode you won't have to be worried about anything that is auto saved and left in your account.

4. Beautiful UI and choice of colours, colours are energetic and eye catching. Overall, I find UX amazing. No matter what I see Synonyms, Style, Statistics all are easy on the eye. Dashboards are beautiful and informative; they give writing insights about everything that makes you feel confident.

5. Templates: IMHO this feature alone is worth the price, I often search for email templates, and read them all and design one for each occasion and it consumes a lot of time. Linguix comes here for the rescue with their cool templates feature, you can use and customize existing templates or create your own that can be inserted anytime right from the Linguix.

6. In my knowledge, I think Linguix is the only writing assistant that not only focuses on writing but also your writing productivity and who doesn't like productivity tools for their team?

Cons

1. Not as good as Grammarly but again it is not a fair comparison (I strongly believe if they got the right audience with the right feedback and our support, one fine day they may become better than Grammarly).
2. No plagiarism checker, but I saw in the roadmap that they have planned it for November. (Fingers Crossed)
3. No markups in their document editor, this is something I feel is very important. Please consider adding it.
4. Does not work with sites using iframes.
5. No desktop application & outlook integration as of now but I can see it in their public roadmap.

Michael K.

Very Robust Google Chrome Grammar & Spelling Checker

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Overall, it has been helpful to improve the accuracy of my grammar.

Pros

This is a very robust grammar and spelling checker tool that is a Google Chrome extension. As I do my work within Google Docs, it is helpful to have a tool that will point out any mistakes so I can produce better quality content for the digital marketing agency I run.

Cons

I wish the platform was available through other browsers and evaluated offline documents.

Daniel H.

The Always Available Dictionary Service

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Pros

I really like that Linguix pops up and is available everywhere Im typing, no matter if that's online or in an offline product, the same suggestion box and interface becomes available which is really useful

Cons

As well as a dictionary, it would be good to haver other features available on clicking any word, like maybe a thesauras.

Otherwise its very flexible too.

• Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A True Grammarly Alternative

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

The ease of use is definitely something to reckon with.

It helps me ensure the correctness of my language, tone, and spelling, which I find quite useful. It also ensures that my communication is of the highest business communications standard.

Pros

I use Linguix personally and professionally. It has been helpful in my business communications especially with the installation of its chrome extension which draws my attention to, and highlights wrong spellings and/or grammar when detected.

Cons

While I love the software, I still proceed with care as I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't detect or recommend correctness for wrong spelling or grammar. I'm sure it's a glitch in the software and should be looked into.

Even though I have a Business plan, I find myself comparing correctness in Grammarly to ensure it's absolutely correct (to which 95% of the time, it is correct).

Karim S.

Good Writing Assistant

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Pros

The app works very well with Chrome browser and is instant when identifying my failures,
Beautiful UI and choice of colours, and have cool templates feature

Cons

No plagiarism checker, No markups in the document editor

Roderick B.

A Great Sub for a few other tools

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

My overall experience has been great. I've replaced using Grammarly and Linguix has also sped up my process for other communication with the canned response feature.

Pros

What I like most about using Linguix is the ease of use and additional features to help me speed up my process.

Specifically, using snippets has sped up a lot of my workflow.

Cons

I'd like to get maybe some more integration into AI capabilities to rewrite things I've previously written or to make the sentences more concise.

Gabriel M.

Great tool to help you correct your typos and grammar

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

I use this software daily. This software adds grammar and spell checking

Pros

I use this app every day. It help me check for typos and for proper grammar. This web app is similar to grammarly.
You can check for grammar errors also when using your phone.

Cons

I would like to see a desktop version of the app that I can run from my computer but this is not a show stopper for me as I used web apps more often than desktop apps.

• Industry: Law Practice

Great Grammarly Alternative

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

It’s amazing, would highly recommend.

Pros

I swapped from Grammarly to it and have noticed year difference. Works perfectly.

Cons

Lack of Microsoft Word plug-in and no plagiarism software.

Naveenkumar N.

Must-have for everyone

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

It is a must-have app for everyone. It helps to convey the message clearly and improve the language skills.

Pros

Intuitive user interface, support for multiple platforms, easy to get started, and personalize options helps to set up the right profile. Linguix provides correct suggestion and helps to know the synonyms quickly while browsing the web. Secret mode, documents, and snippets are the great features of Linguix.

Cons

The grammar suggestion can be improved further.

Raymond C.

Handy Grammar Correction App for Everyone

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Pros

Your personal grammar helper while your write on your computer, no matter what software you are writing on, it will detect automatically and provide suggestion/correction. Very handy tool but do not slow down your workflow.

Cons

Some of the web pages will still load the helper even after disable it through the Chrome extension.

Avi L.

Great software for all your writing and spelling needs

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Pros

This software alouds me to write better and fix my mistakes

Cons

It would be cool to add plagiarism into the software

Karan P.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

One of the best app for grammar mistakes

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

It was great and I always used that everyday

Pros

Suggestion and grammar mistake that identity quickly and private snippets are my favourite

Cons

They need more improvements in Some more functionality other then your competitors. Need some Indian English grammar

Bastian Z.

It helps me save time and improve my writing

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Pros

It offers some English language webinars that are nice for improving your English. The canned responses help me save time.

Cons

Grammar corrections are not so accurate as in Grammarly.

Govind R.

Grammar alternative but has a lot of catching to do.

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

My team members and I are using Linguix. We have Grammarly Premium too. It will be unfair to compare the two which often as end buyers we do.

Pros

Linguix has a lot of cool features. The speed of suggestion is awesome. The UI is good, but yeah, some minor improvement can make a huge difference.

The snippet feature of Linguix is what I like the most. It saves a lot of time. The template is a nice add-on. I am looking forward to increasing more of those templates.

Another thing I like is the secret mode.

Right now, IMO, it is going in the right direction and is going to give a strong competition to Grammarly.

I

Cons

Hate that it doesn't have a plagiarism check. I hope it is able to add that feature asap.

Sumeet M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

An affordable Grammarly alternative

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

I and the RTIwala Team is quite happy after deployment of the Linguix as being in the Legal domain for document drafting it's always necessary to have correct and error free language.

Pros

We really liked the Chrome extension which is always there to correct our typos and grammatical errors.

Cons

Lots of improvements needed to be par with Grammarly as it doesn't have sentiment and context mapping.

Jordan S.

Linguix is a great alternative to Grammarly and really helps people write better.

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

It is not perfect, but for the price, it is a very good software compared to Grammarly.

Pros

Linguix is really quick and easy to set up. You download a chrome plugin and just start typing. There is a little check box at the bottom of your writing that tells you if you have any issues, along with an underline of where the issues are. It is very close to Grammarly in that respect. Most of the time it is much faster than Grammarly on spotting mistakes.

Cons

I wish that Linguix included a plagiarism checker, but for the price, I can't complain much. It is also a newer software than Grammarly, and sometimes that shows. Sometimes it is not as correct about words as much as Grammarly is. But it is getting better all the time. Including the price, this is a great software, and in the future, it will be even better.

Ivica D.

Makes my life in the Facebook groups much easier

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Pros

It gives me a high quality and error free texts as it really catches all the grammar & spelling checker mistakes.

Cons

It can be a little slower sometimes when checking text and sometimes it simply doesn't check text at all.

Abhi V.

Great alternative to Grammarly

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Pros

This product is a great alternative to Grammarly. I would recommend this to bloggers and writers and also people who want to have their emails proof read.

Cons

When compared to grammarly Linguix is missing the plagiarism checker. This is probably the only con. The app is same or better than Grammarly in every other area.

Chaitanya V.

Linguix, A language specialist tool

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Pros

Grammar, spelling correct. tool performance. user-friendly

Cons

expecting few more features for pros. dynamic statements, sentence framing

Stephanie G.

Good software but limited.

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

In my opinion it’s limited. I have bought it to replace Grammarly but I have to admit that I still can’t get away from it. Still need it.

But I use Linguix in some software like ClickUp where I can not use Grammarly.

Pros

Correct grammar and spelling. If you need it for simple correction, it’s ok.

Cons

Easy of use. Good price. Good customer service.

Juan G.
  • Industry: Design

To write without errors

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Pros

It is a very easy tool to use. It works effectively against typographical errors, my biggest problem as I write fast. In addition, it corrects grammatical errors and works as a Chrome extension resulting in something super convenient.

Cons

I use it regularly and it seems a very complete tool, I have nothing negative to say.

Response from Textly.ai

Hello Juan, we are happy you're enjouing our tool. Thanks for your review!

P.S. BTW, we'e recently rebranded to Linguix.com. More new features to arrive soon!