Ontraport

Sales, marketing, and communication management software

Marian V
Marian V

Best all in one automation platform

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

very powerful automation platform, way above many more on the market

very powerful automation platform, way above many more on the market

Pros

very complex
powerful sales funnel platform
email automation at the highest level

Cons

landing page builder is very old school
not being able to add css into emails

Response from Ontraport

Thank for the five star review, Marian!

We hear you about the old landing page builder. The new Ontraport Pages editor was recently release and has tons of new sleek features and capabilities. Enjoy!

Deanna

Ontraport Makes Marketing and Selling Effective, Automated, & Easy

Reviewed on 2015/04/09

Pros

Ontraport makes marketing and selling in my business effective and easy. With great email deliverability I don't have to worry that my marketing messages aren't getting to my prospects and customers. The payment processing and affiliate systems allow me to accept payments for my services and products and have my partners share them with their communities so I can help more people get the solutions they need. But the best part is how automated everything can be with the sequences, tasks, and if/then rules. No matter what the event: a client signs up, a promotion runs, a prospect wants to talk to me about how I can help them, everything that needs to happen to deliver a quality experience them, happens and it's on autopilot. And on top of all of that the support team isn't knowledgable and fast when I have a question about how I could use the system better to accomplish my goals. I couldn't be happier about my experience with Ontraport and love sharing it as a resource with my clients.

Cons

I don't have one complaint about the Ontraport system or the company. The staff are friendly and really care about the success of their customers. They are careful to roll out updates after thorough testing and creating new features that the community of users wants.

Dario
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Tedious and complicated system with Bugs that cost a lot of Time & Money

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

So far not good, overall the Customer Support is great and they are very helpful and friendly, however on the other hand, when technical issues occur like the one I am going through, where the Automation does not work, it takes ages to figure it out and get it sorted.
I am considering to leave ontraport if it is not fixed soon and they are not making it up to me for wasting my time by giving me at least 1 month for free, for all the inconvenience they caused due to their technical errors and lack of judgement to figure it out in the first place when I first mentioned it over 1 week ago.

Pros

At first it looked simple and the Dashboard with the navigation on the menu is okay to get used to it.

Cons

1. The Automation isn't working, even when following all the steps and get support to double check that everything is in order, I have a landing page setup with the correct optin form and the campaign email messages are in order too, but it does not trigger the campaign when I optin with an email address.
2. The Page building tool is sometimes cluncky and freezes on you, so one has to go back and refresh the page, before you can proceed with setting up and building your Landing or Sale Pages.
3. Confusing structure on how to setup an automation, there are so many small steps in between that one has to consider that if you are not a technical genius you will need a Psychiatrist after having completed a setup, because of the stress you will go through getting there.
4. Expensive for what it does and not practical, very time consuming to get even the first campaign launched, 2 months passed and I have yet to experience the Benefits of using ontraport.

Sarah

Not bad, but in hindsight I would probably pick a different CRM for us

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

-The campaigns feature is really comprehensive and easy to use, once you understand it. There is a bit of a learning curve.
-The Email template builder is a pretty nice plus - this was something we really wanted in a CRM, although it could use some work.
-HTML editor for emails is available.
-Custom fields, link tracking and automatic tagging can be set up, which is great.

Cons

-Hardly any of their customer service reps seem to understand how the software works. After calling and emailing support multiple times to get help setting up our first campaign, I talked to only one person who was able to give us a comprehensive and complete solution that suited our needs. Other people would constantly refer us to someone else or straight up say they didn't know/didn't offer that kind of support.
-Nothing you do is saved automatically. If you're used to software with autosave (which I was), you're going to be in for a world of hurt if you forget to save regularly.
-The Email templates are too rigid for my liking. I wish you could do more with it. We also have issues sometimes when sending emails where two objects which are both centered will appear in different positions, and there isn't anything that can be done about it, and other little bugs like that.
-There's no mobile preview for email templates. You have to scale the window down to the size of a mobile phone to get the idea.

Daniel
Daniel

Used campaigns, rules, message sequences to structure our business.

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

I was able to automate tasks that would otherwise require someone to send out various emails to thousands of people.

Pros

I like the functionality of campaigns, tags, triggers, and sequences most. It's very helpful and means I can automate what I would otherwise have to pay someone else to do.

Cons

The inability to sanitize campaign data during testing (i.e. I test buy a product and lifetime customer value report will always say I earned $X - I cannot reset it after testing, unless I want to copy and paste the whole campaign to start again, which would require more time to test.

Also, it's a fairly slow/bandwidth intensive software to use.

Response from Ontraport

Hi Daniel! Thank you for your review. Glad to see you would recommend us to a friend. We use task automation on campus for many of our departments to save us time as well.

We hear you about the testing feature in campaigns. Did you know that our team takes feature requests and we vote them up based on customer wants? To up-vote this request, shoot an email to [email protected] and have them give this function a thumbs up.

Ontraport is not suited for Nonprofits

Reviewed on 2022/09/12

We have migrated the donor experience to another software designed for nonprofit fundraising, and still currently use ontraport to assist with marketing emails until a better solution is in place.

Pros

The email marketing and the ability to create landing pages, and even text donors is great. My nonprofit was using a portion of the for-profit parent company's account to save money but we have since switched to a donor management system.

Cons

This is not suited for nonprofit fundraising at all. Anything related to donor management had to be custom built. We used stripe to integrate incoming donations, but we needed more features including the opportunity to ask donors to cover fees.

Mailchimp

Response from Ontraport

We're happy to hear Ontraport's email marketing has been helpful for your business. We'll keep your feedback in mind as we continue to develop the app. Thanks for sharing!

Louis
  • Industry: Music

Simply the best CRM I have ever used

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Simply a great product. I have used and implemented multiple CRMs, from big names to smaller ones, but this really is the cream of the crop. Recommend highly.

Pros

Great customer support, super flexible tool, straightforward integration, not really much more you could ask for from a CRM.

Cons

Visually it is not incredible, the UX takes a bit of time getting used to and the dashboard could do with some improvements and more features, but this is a small price to pay.

Response from Ontraport

Thanks for taking the time to give us your positive and constructive feedback, Louis! We'll pass on the message to our support team. :)

As for the dashboard, we're always making improvements and it's a project we're actively working on, so stay tuned!

Julian
Julian

Ontraport is awesome!

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Super happy almost 2 years using it and I'm so so happy

Super happy almost 2 years using it and I'm so so happy

Pros

It's super powerful and has a lot of extensions via Zapier. The live chat contact support is AWESOME!

Cons

To be honest. nothing. After trying mailchimp and mailerlite, Ontraport is way better!

Response from Ontraport

Hi Julian! Glad to hear you've had such a positive experience with the app and our support team. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. :)

Ayesha

Great CRM system!

Reviewed on 2021/06/01

Overall, its a great place to keep our contacts and to schedule email campaigns.

Pros

I usually deal with sending emails to a great amount of contacts. Writing an email is easy on Ontraport and scheduling features are great!

Cons

What I dislike about Ontraport is that there is currently no spacing options. We can't adjust the spacing for our emails. It also lacks font options.

Response from Ontraport

Glad to hear Ontraport has helped you with your marketing emails, Ayesha! We're constantly improving our editors so keep an eye out and please contact our support team for additional help. https://ontraport.com/support/

Lakshmia
Lakshmia
  • Industry: Online Media

All in one tool for online business

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

Landing pages, tutorials, trainings and automation

Cons

Pricing isn't the easiest to understand
Not enough native integrations

Response from Ontraport

Hi Lakshmia! We're glad to hear you're enjoying our tutorials and automation. Thank you for the feedback on pricing ? we are always working to make the customer experience better.

Jonny
  • Industry: Entertainment

Horrible deliverability. Worse customer service

Reviewed on 2020/07/03

We believed we joined with an “enterprise” level package. During our initial 2.5 hours on the phone We were told our account had been set up like this. However, as we looked back through the first few weeks of use, we found there were additional charges nearly weekly. When we asked what these were and why they told us we were over our sending limit.

After a great deal more time with support explaining the situation and these charges should not be happening, they openly admitted they would not reverse them and we would, yet again, have to go through the process we had already gone through to upgrade to “enterprise”

Combining their inability to address these concerns and near complete lack of ability to get mail sent, we moved on.

That single decision (moved to aweber) more than doubled our open rates & cut our billing by more than 70%.

Pros

Pros are that it seems that initially they were willing to help us integrate.

Cons

After moving our subscribers to another service we saw a near instant jump in opens. From 9% with Ontraport to 23.5% with the new service.

Constant Contact, GetResponse and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Ontraport

During the sales process they were quite sure they could meet our needs and by taking the more expensive plan we would be taken care of at a higher level.
Barbara
  • Industry: Legal Services

A Solid CRM Choice

Reviewed on 2022/01/13

Overall it's a good product for what it offers and for the price. The customer service is also top notch.

Pros

The ability to customize the contacts page and the ability to create landing pages is what sold us.

Cons

Really meant for product driven sales more than service driven like us. While the landing pages are a real plus the limitations to creating certain looks, etc. is also frustrating.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Ontraport

Cost, ease of use and added features such as the landing page option.

Reasons for Switching to Ontraport

Cost and features.

Response from Ontraport

Thanks for the feedback, Barbara! Most of our users actually are service providers as that's the audience the app works best for. We're sorry to hear you haven't had the best experience with the page builder and we encourage you to contact our support team to help resolve these issues. https://ontraport.com/support/

Riley
  • Industry: Insurance

Very professional support.

Reviewed on 2022/05/20

Pros

Most importantly, I'm not very good at using Ontraport. Therefore, the biggest pro for the software is the really exceptional customer service. It's very important that I can access an expert who can tell me exactly what's going wrong with my scripts and automations, because honestly it can get really confusing pretty quickly.

Cons

Sometimes I experience issues with usability on different browsers. For example, you can only edit postcards using Firefox, which isn't one of our standard browsers.

Response from Ontraport

Glad to hear you've had positive experiences with our support team, Riley. Thanks for sharing!

Tricia

SMS Customer Support

Reviewed on 2022/08/10

Pros

the data collecting part is easy. like how many people opened and clicked is a huge factor for email list managers.

Cons

Some goals arent working as expected. Not all the time but I did SMS recently and I am happy that Chase helped me to dig into it.

Response from Ontraport

Glad to hear Chase was able to help you sort out the SMS issue! Thanks for sharing your feedback, Tricia.

Tyler
Tyler

We have been able to automate the entire back-end of our business through this system.

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

We were able to increase our time to do other things since the software automates our follow up process, billing, and even a quicker response task for potential clients.

Pros

We love that these systems help to streamline everything from client onboarding to actually billing our clients monthly.

Cons

It is a little pricey on a monthly basis, but the amount of time it saves us is almost invaluable. They do have their branding on the automation that we haven't figured out how to take off of the emails.

Response from Ontraport

Awesome, Tyler! Hearing that is music to our ears.

You can remove the branding from the botton of your emails by sending an email to our support team at [email protected] and they'll take care of it for you.

Keith

Positive experience. Noticed an increase in email marketing return. Efficiency increased.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

Customer automation. Customer support calls are highly beneficial. Potential customer information capture.

Cons

The unsubscribe feature lacks the ability to unsubscribe from just the one email. It relates to the whole campaign

Response from Ontraport

Hi Keith!

Thank you for the positive review. I'm glad to hear you've had an increase in marketing return since using our software. There is a way to set up sequences so that leads can unsubscribe from only that sequence. Shoot an email to [email protected] to see if this would fit your needs.

Chris
  • Industry: Hospitality

Awesome support!

Reviewed on 2019/04/21

Pros

I said its easy to use but that doesn't mean its easy to learn as lots of conditional logic, etc. is not necessarily 1st grade math when you have lots of stuff going on! But from what I hear its lightyears better than infusionsoft. If you do need help, Ontraport's support is amazing! There live chat is almost always available - including weekends and they are very helpful.

Cons

Nothing yet. I've been on for about a month. I'm sure there are things they suck at compared to others as no one is great in all things (in my exp) but I haven't found those areas yet.

Response from Ontraport

5 stars across the board! Thank you for taking the time to review us Chris.

If you do find things you think can be improved, let our glowing support team know! We want to hear feedback so we can continually make the software the latest and greatest.

Nelson

Very slow

Reviewed on 2022/04/23

Very frustating...

Very frustating...

Pros

It served the purpose of contact management

Cons

Very slow browsing between pages every time I clicked

Response from Ontraport

Hello Nelson. Our page load times are faster than some of our competitors. Nevertheless, we understand it can be frustrating and we assure you our team is working on an update for such. Thanks for your feedback.

Gil
Gil

Don't miss this Marketing Automation

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

Pros

They have easy templates for you to design from Landing Pages, Forms, Opt In, Email Marketing Campaign. The support are very responsive and teaches you how you will be able to use the AUtomation Features. And the best part is you can integrate this with Wordpress (Using PilotPress) and you can also work with the Gravity Forms Integration. YEEY!

Cons

It's not really a Cons, but what I noticed for beginners, this is not an easy way to start Marketing Automation.

Response from Ontraport

Gil, thank you so much for the raving review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the product, templates and our amazing support team.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Made all the difference with my business

Reviewed on 2013/11/11

Pros

I like the way my business runs on it.

I own a small business (3 employees) and was having troubling scaling. The more customers I got, the more time I had to spend juggling just to keep my business afloat. I was using a bunch of different technologies, couldn't get them to talk to each other, and was so frustrated with technology.

Then came ONTRAPORT. My business now runs on autopilot. I have free time and am making a lot more money (now that technology isn't a roadblock).

The customer support is fantastic. They've done a stand-up job supporting me and worked overtime once to help me with a launch.

Cons

I've been waiting on the release of their updated software. ONTRAPORT is great as it is, but I can't wait for the extra features.

Dov
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Ontraport works great for us.

Reviewed on 2015/04/23

Pros

It's simple to use. They're always adding and improving. And the support is awesome.

Cons

Still some bugs, but nothing that really gets in the way long term. And they're always working to improve and fix things.

Nichole

Good software but not without flaws

Reviewed on 2015/04/22

Pros

I love the automation functionality, it really is what puts Ontraport above other competitors in my mind.

Cons

Sometimes the system can get bogged down, especially after years of use and data.

Sorin

Very versatile and simple to use

Reviewed on 2015/04/22

Pros

Constant fight for upgrades and work for getting a better product

Cons

The fact that it is easy to use, the way this guys connect with there customers

James

Very easy to use, advanced features and blows away the competition.

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

Ontraport is a POWERFUL tool for automation and tops mailchimp, aweber and other AutoResponders as the in depth automation sequences are easily managed and are much more robust than other software.

Cons

It's very expensive, but that's made up for with outstanding support, great automatic sequences and ease of use.

Response from Ontraport

Hi James!

Thanks for the glowing review. We like you too!

Maggie
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Good for the Money

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Pros

Easy to use, support is great. Not as good as Hupspot but much more affordable.

Cons

You can text contacts, but notifications of text messages in reply are virtually no existent.

Response from Ontraport

Thanks for your feedback, Maggie!