Showing 11 reviews of 6

Rate My Excel

Pre-employment testing platform for assessing Excel skills

Showing 11 reviews of 6
Arehman A.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Assess expert level of excel with convenient and efficient manner

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

I my self gone through a demonstration test which this service offers to anyone and it was surprisingly relevant and perfect. The type / category of skill level which I selected for test was exactly follows in the online test and concluded that it's a time and money saving process to ask the candidate to just appear in Rate my excel test and we found the results.

Pros

Rate my excel is a unique service which provides virtual analysis of any person who attempts the excel multiple questions. With a nominal payment a company can easily assess the skill level of its employees to be recruited.

Cons

I suggest this service should be affiliated with Microsoft excel and provide online certification of Excel expertise.

Response from Rate My Excel

Thanks for your review Arehman! I'm thrilled that you found the free trial valuable.

Matt S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great Hiring Tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Using a score from Rate My Excel gave us a tangible reason to hire one applicant over others.

Pros

Our company used Rate My Excel to help with the hiring process for a recent job opening that required knowledge of Excel. Everyone rates their Excel knowledge at a 9, only to find out later it should be a 3 or 4.

Cons

Nothing... it worked as I expected it to.

Response from Rate My Excel

Thanks for the kind words Matt. Your comment about how everyone self-rates their own Excel skills at a 9 is so spot on.

Stacy S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Straightforward and User-Friendly

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

I work for a independent nonprofit organization with no formal Human Resources department, so in my role as Marketing & Communications Manager I often end up assisting our Directors with their hiring needs. Because we are such a small operation, oftentimes we find ourselves in the position of seeking candidates with expertise we ourselves may not have—such as advanced Excel skills. Rate My Excel is a simple, user-friendly, and cost effective way to analyze a candidate's skillset even as a more of a layman yourself.

Pros

Rate My Excel offers four different comprehensive assessments of varying levels and focuses. These assessments feature an appropriate and reasonable number of well thought out questions in a clean and simple design. Both inviting a candidate to participate and reviewing their submission as an employer, as well as going through the assessment process as an applicant are completely straightforward and user-friendly. Further, the pricing for a package of assessments for up to 10 candidates is very reasonable.

Cons

We'd love to see a branch out beyond hiring assessments into skillset assessments (and perhaps even training coursework) for current employees!

Response from Rate My Excel

Thank you for the valuable feedback, the skill set assessment is an intriguing idea.

Giving any manager the tools to assess Excel skills is our purpose, and I'm glad Rate My Excel was able to make your busy work life a little bit easier.

Aaron C.

Rate My excel exceeded my expectations

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Best Assessment Tool I have ever used.

Pros

Rate My excel is the easiest assessment tool that I have ever used. All you have to do is enter the candidates email into the Rate my excel system and wait for the results. The results are broken down into different categories that highlight were deficiencies are and where the candidate is strong in the use of excel.

Great Product!

Cons

There were no cons to using Rate My Excel

Response from Rate My Excel

Aaron I'm so happy to hear that Rate My Excel helped out with evaluating your pool of candidates. If you ever think of areas where we can improve or other assessments you'd like to see please don't hesitate to reach out.

Adriaan S.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

MICROSOFT EXCEL - FANTASTIC FOR LOGICAL MINDED THINKERS

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Fantastic!

Probably will be using it until the kids start laughing at me still using old tech!

Pros

I personally am a list person, using Excel has helped me compile data for editing and giveing me insight into trends within our business to aid in streamlining profits.

The multitude of functions and their implementation is probably my favourite thing!

Cons

Format issues for CSV files and older files from excel 97 not 100% working with the newer version.

Matthew S.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Rate My Excel

Reviewed on 2021/02/22

Pros

Integration into assessments was very easy

Cons

I would like to be able to easily decrease the requirements / difficulty of some assessments.

Response from Rate My Excel

Thank you Matthew for taking the time to share your feedback!

Some sort of difficulty adjustment dial is a really good suggestion, it would go a long way towards accommodating more than 3 skill levels. Sort of like at a Thai restaurant when you really want your food in between Mild and Medium spice but have to pick one or the other.